Millsaps on POS KTM

KlootZak
Edited Date/Time 12/24/2014 8:22pm
Remember when people (who "knew") were saying that KTM is POS and therefore Millsaps never raced it:

You started getting some of the fans that think they know what’s going on and going, “He doesn’t like the bike.”
That was one thing. Everyone thought I didn’t like that bike. And to me, it had nothing to do with the bike. I never really got a chance to actually ride the bike that much. Every couple weeks or every month that I was on it, I was just getting used to it and then something would pop up again. So it had nothing to do with that. It was all just trying to get healthy and to be able to race again injury-free and pain-free, in a roundabout way.

from RacerX

"If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the 'truth'"
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/23/2014 11:43am
KlootZak wrote:
Remember when people (who "knew") were saying that KTM is POS and therefore Millsaps never raced it: [i][b]You started getting some of the fans that think...
Remember when people (who "knew") were saying that KTM is POS and therefore Millsaps never raced it:

You started getting some of the fans that think they know what’s going on and going, “He doesn’t like the bike.”
That was one thing. Everyone thought I didn’t like that bike. And to me, it had nothing to do with the bike. I never really got a chance to actually ride the bike that much. Every couple weeks or every month that I was on it, I was just getting used to it and then something would pop up again. So it had nothing to do with that. It was all just trying to get healthy and to be able to race again injury-free and pain-free, in a roundabout way.

from RacerX

"If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the 'truth'"
People believe what they want to believe...

Cox and I both talked to him at the same time, and that was one of the questions I asked, to deal specifically with forum rumors.
OriolMassot
12/23/2014 11:55am
So even though all the rumours (specially here), he still never raced the KTM and went straight to that Kawasaki spot (a very similar frame to his beloved Suzuki).

I'm hoping he says the truth, but rumours were correct from day one: "Not gonna race that KTM, he will go wether there is a similar bike to the last he raced".

I believe he is now happy, but also trying to be nice to other brands, you never know where you will end up your career.
BobPA
12/23/2014 12:03pm
So even though all the rumours (specially here), he still never raced the KTM and went straight to that Kawasaki spot (a very similar frame to...
So even though all the rumours (specially here), he still never raced the KTM and went straight to that Kawasaki spot (a very similar frame to his beloved Suzuki).

I'm hoping he says the truth, but rumours were correct from day one: "Not gonna race that KTM, he will go wether there is a similar bike to the last he raced".

I believe he is now happy, but also trying to be nice to other brands, you never know where you will end up your career.
Have you ridden both the Kawi and Suzuki? They feel exactly nothing alike...to me anyway
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/23/2014 12:18pm
So even though all the rumours (specially here), he still never raced the KTM and went straight to that Kawasaki spot (a very similar frame to...

A lot of rumors here are the product of guesses from people who have no idea of what's actually happening.

The Shop

JW381
12/23/2014 12:24pm
I have a hard time believing any pro rider on factory equipment in the year 2014 would not be able to get any brand of bike how they like it. They're all so good, this isn't a 97 CR250 we're talking about.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
12/23/2014 12:29pm
Fair enough with Milsaps but why did Kroc switch ? Evil The last KTM I rode was a white 2 stroke so I have no educated opinion of the new KTMs but I am pretty sure I would think its a great bike other than the nasty orange color.Sick
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
12/23/2014 12:38pm
It would be unprofessional to say it was a p.o.s now wouldn't it Smile
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
12/23/2014 12:38pm
JW381 wrote:
I have a hard time believing any pro rider on factory equipment in the year 2014 would not be able to get any brand of bike...
I have a hard time believing any pro rider on factory equipment in the year 2014 would not be able to get any brand of bike how they like it. They're all so good, this isn't a 97 CR250 we're talking about.
Christophe Pourcel just took his shirt off . . . only to put it back on pretty quickly because the temperature outside is a little too chilly.
JW381
12/23/2014 12:41pm
JW381 wrote:
I have a hard time believing any pro rider on factory equipment in the year 2014 would not be able to get any brand of bike...
GrapeApe wrote:
Christophe Pourcel just took his shirt off . . . only to put it back on pretty quickly because the temperature outside is a little too...
Christophe Pourcel just took his shirt off . . . only to put it back on pretty quickly because the temperature outside is a little too chilly.
And my tiny little nipples went to France.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
12/23/2014 1:03pm

GuyB wrote:
A lot of rumors here are the product of guesses from people who have no idea of what's actually happening.
Laughing

Impossible! Wink

Pin it Davi!! Hope he has a great year!
41NDT
12/23/2014 2:03pm
Riders seem to get all butt hurt over social media rumours. Some of these rumours are fact also if it effects you so much then don't go on a media black out. Come straight out and say I'm injured I've ridden but re injured myself. It won't make a lick of difference and hey it might stop those rumours you don't give a flying fuck about but whinge at your first opportunity once you've come out of your media black out.
12/23/2014 2:22pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Christophe Pourcel just took his shirt off . . . only to put it back on pretty quickly because the temperature outside is a little too...
Laughing
12/23/2014 2:55pm
Of course we all know that riders only switch brands because the bike is a POS....nothing to do with business, relationships, opportunities etc.
JB479
12/23/2014 3:34pm
Since rv is gone, is davi getting a pretty solid paycheck? More than when he was with ktm?
Hgibbs566
12/23/2014 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2014 3:37pm
I believe, but could be wrong, that Pulpmx reported he did not like the bike.
To my best of knowledge, that's where the "guess" came from.
HenryA
12/23/2014 3:58pm
JW381 wrote:
What about:

Matthes
12/23/2014 4:08pm
So even though Davi admitted in the same interview that he basically lied to the media about his injuries we're now supposed to believe that he had no problems with the KTM?
JW381
12/23/2014 4:39pm
JW381 wrote:
HenryA wrote:
What about: [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/601445_10150246491024955_1996840275_n.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/Stewart-2012-Dodger.jpg[/IMG]
What about:

They came to mind. Obviously I havent the slightest educated clue, I'm just saying I find it hard to believe. I always took excuses from those guys to be just those, excuses.
Panic_Rev
12/23/2014 4:45pm
Matthes wrote:
So even though Davi admitted in the same interview that he basically lied to the media about his injuries we're now supposed to believe that he...
So even though Davi admitted in the same interview that he basically lied to the media about his injuries we're now supposed to believe that he had no problems with the KTM?
He told my brother at an RC race he hated it.
KlootZak
12/23/2014 4:46pm
True, but it just seems a weird moment to lie about this question . He could easily have said that he was "not found of it during the initial testing phase" or "still had a lot of work on before he had to do surgery" without burning any bridges with KTM (it would be much more indirect compared to Roczen) but you could be right ...
JW381
12/23/2014 4:53pm
KlootZak wrote:
True, but it just seems a weird moment to lie about this question . He could easily have said that he was "not found of it...
True, but it just seems a weird moment to lie about this question . He could easily have said that he was "not found of it during the initial testing phase" or "still had a lot of work on before he had to do surgery" without burning any bridges with KTM (it would be much more indirect compared to Roczen) but you could be right ...
Maybe it was part of the deal. "If you don't wanna ride it because you're not comfortable, fine, but keep quiet."
slipdog
12/23/2014 5:03pm
"Don't believe the rumors floating around the internet, the plan is to go racing"

-Ryan Villopoto, 2 weeks before Hangtown 2014
ATKpilot99
12/23/2014 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2014 5:38pm
Maybe he just doesn't want to come off as a whiner.
OriolMassot
12/23/2014 5:23pm

BobPA wrote:
Have you ridden both the Kawi and Suzuki? They feel exactly nothing alike...to me anyway
Nope, I haven't. And most likely I will never have the option.

However, keeping in mind what the pro's normally say in the interviews, a steel frame would never feel the same as what the aluminum feels. Those are not my words, and again, would never be able to give you my opinion on this. So, just assuming, a Kawi/Suzuki/Honda have more in common than a KTM/Husqvarna nowadays (in terms of frames). Am I right?

A professional must be able to feel any difference regarding suspension, frame, engine, tires, etc...

Look at this way: Mcgrath went from Honda to Suzuki to avoid the alu frame. Stewart left Yamaha because he wasn't feeling comfortable with the engine backwards. Roczen just said to an interview that he feels at home over the yellow one.

Every single professional has its own preferences, and even though the technology of nowadays, I believe must be impossible to make you a SX450 feel like a RMZ 450.

My guess is just Millsaps was under the spotlight because his greatest season in the top class + injured and reinjured + not feeling comfortable on the KTM, which made him take it easy, and then switch to a more of his like bike.

Whatever came afterwards, which was a bunch of rumours about him saying "he hated the bike" is just bullshit. People tend to add negativity.
slipdog
12/23/2014 5:28pm
^^^ Just ignore the post from that Mathis guy a few comments up.
Bressler11
12/23/2014 5:36pm
Matthes wrote:
So even though Davi admitted in the same interview that he basically lied to the media about his injuries we're now supposed to believe that he...
Ehhh who gives a shit? It was the past, By the way I liked the show last night Matthes.
jloucks742
12/23/2014 5:55pm
41NDT wrote:
Riders seem to get all butt hurt over social media rumours. Some of these rumours are fact also if it effects you so much then don't...
Riders seem to get all butt hurt over social media rumours. Some of these rumours are fact also if it effects you so much then don't go on a media black out. Come straight out and say I'm injured I've ridden but re injured myself. It won't make a lick of difference and hey it might stop those rumours you don't give a flying fuck about but whinge at your first opportunity once you've come out of your media black out.
Well he did say that he did not mention all of the new "re-injuries" because he did not want other teams to know to sign a new contract somewhere.
Bearuno
12/23/2014 6:55pm
MXA, through their website, in the time of the Suzuki to KTM transition of the team, and Davi's injuries, hinted that Millsaps would never be racing a KTM - quite a few times.

It got 'hits' on their site, I guess. I don't recall many other mags / sites / pundits going on about that Millsaps would never be racing the KTMs.

It was easy, I think, for many to interpret it as Davi hating the KTM. Though, they , MXA, may have been much more privvy to, or, conversely, uninformed about Davi's injury problems that he outlines in this latest interview.

It's good to see a real explanation for what went on with the Davi to KTM saga - I think MXA milked it fairly well for a bit of sensationalism / rumor mongering, whilst, perhaps, keeping that veil of injury / injury recovery secrecy that riders and the MX press seem to collude in.

500guy
12/23/2014 7:03pm
So far it looks like the debate is still open, We have just as much information as before.

He was hurt, He might of not liked the bike, and then there Him riding the Kawasaki as soon as he could maybe even before.

Guy-b and Matthes don't seem to agree.

We all know interviews are true.

Post a reply to: Millsaps on POS KTM

The Latest