Millsaps

5/19/2014 8:11am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2014 9:18pm
Interesting interview for sure, bummer he won't be 100% though. Let the "he must hate the bike" rumors start in 3,2,1....

racerx intervew
|
DemoDick
5/19/2014 8:13am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 8:18am
Bummer, he must hate that bike.

He is a GA boy so I will be cheering for him full tilt!
hvaughn88
5/19/2014 8:19am
That was weird. The part about the Anderson question was odd. I like the part where Matthes just said, 'No I do not" when Davi said Matthes doesn't watch Anderson practice every day.
IceMan446
5/19/2014 8:56am
They talked about it on the 450MX preview.

Made it seem like people think he has a built in excuse if he doesnt do well this summer because of the injury.

They also talked about him not liking the bike and that if he can get a deal done soon he may not even finish the whole series.

This interview was very weird.

The Shop

5/19/2014 8:58am
Interesting interview for sure, bummer he won't be 100% though. Let the "he must hate the bike" rumors start in 3,2,1....

racerx intervew
Don't think it's much of a rumor after that interview: he laid it out there pretty good. Doesn't leave much to the imagination.

I liked the interview. I think it reads a bit awkward because he's busting Steve's balls and because he's putting all this out there so people don't talk shit later. I'd guess he really isn't comfortable talking about everything but that it's better than the RV plan as stated at the end. I like it.
Sully22
5/19/2014 9:05am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 9:06am
He comes across as this dainty fragile guy that just so happens to race professional moto....that interview was awkward. Like others have said, maybe it's a tone issue in the sense of the written word versus the spoken word and were just not privy to the spoken, but I read some of the comments a few times and its odd. I spoke with milsaps quite a few times when he was a rookie at Suzuki and then when he went to Honda, he was a cool kid, funny, nowadays I don't get him at all.
bents
Fantasy
666th
5/19/2014 10:41am
That was a weird read. And it seems like he wasn't exactly endorsing the KTM. He certainly did not seem to set the bar very high for the summer. I don't know.....
Flip109
5/19/2014 10:49am
He seems in the dumps or something. Guess he pretty much is. Injured and stuck on a bike he isn't to happy with. Hope he goes Kawi next year
Matthes
5/19/2014 10:56am
You guys are taking it the wrong way, I could've typed it out and changed everything to make it more "normal" but Davi likes to give me shit and so I thought I'd type it out that way. I could've left a bunch of that stuff out if it was normal or worded my questions differently but this was raw audio that I liked.

It's fine, he's not my biggest fan (I've certainly written some critical things about him over the years, many things that he agrees with now) but it's a good relationship. I just like these "types" of interviews over the polished Q and A's that we see out there.
davistld01
5/19/2014 11:03am
"There’s not much that I can say. We were doing a lot of testing with it when I was riding, so trying to make it better. We’re going in the right direction to make it better. We can leave it at that."

-DM18 in RacerX interview referring to the KTM 450
Socket946
5/19/2014 11:04am
Great interview. First text interview that came off exactly like a live interview. Good job Matthes, interview is spot on.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
671st
5/19/2014 11:10am
That was a strange interview..........He seems alittle bitter, i would hate to be the guy interviewing them when they might not be in the best of moods....you could almost feel it in the text.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
671st
5/19/2014 11:11am
Matthes wrote:
You guys are taking it the wrong way, I could've typed it out and changed everything to make it more "normal" but Davi likes to give...
You guys are taking it the wrong way, I could've typed it out and changed everything to make it more "normal" but Davi likes to give me shit and so I thought I'd type it out that way. I could've left a bunch of that stuff out if it was normal or worded my questions differently but this was raw audio that I liked.

It's fine, he's not my biggest fan (I've certainly written some critical things about him over the years, many things that he agrees with now) but it's a good relationship. I just like these "types" of interviews over the polished Q and A's that we see out there.
Sorry steve, i didn't see your post when i typed that. Thanks for the clarification.
Uncleof2
5/19/2014 11:15am
Hope Davi has a good outdoors and stays healthy through the first few rounds and gets back to where he can be. Potential
to win races and gets a good deal next year. These guys devote their lives to this sport and go through all kinds of injuries
and lifes changes that keep them from reaching the place where they know they belong. Good luck to Davi. Go DV18Woohoo
5/19/2014 11:20am
ya good interview. it may not be what you want to hear but at least it was honest. Not some cookie cutter the bikes great, teams great i'm ready for outdoors bs.

i'm bummed he isn't coming into it with more confidence as i'd like to see him on the podium.
davistld01
5/19/2014 11:26am
I'm really hoping that he'll do well enough outdoors to where the Kawasaki rumors might be more than that.
wreckitrandy
5/19/2014 11:37am
I wonder how KTM feels about that interview?
Grieby54
5/19/2014 11:57am
Uncleof2 wrote:
Hope Davi has a good outdoors and stays healthy through the first few rounds and gets back to where he can be. Potential to win races...
Hope Davi has a good outdoors and stays healthy through the first few rounds and gets back to where he can be. Potential
to win races and gets a good deal next year. These guys devote their lives to this sport and go through all kinds of injuries
and lifes changes that keep them from reaching the place where they know they belong. Good luck to Davi. Go DV18Woohoo
DV18? When did Vuillemin get back in?
davistld01
5/19/2014 11:57am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 11:58am
I'm not sure if KTM cares, but quite obviously Davey doesn't...and doesn't care if KTM does.

Personally, in his words in the interview I "hear" more disappointment and being bummed that he's not where he wanted to be this time out of the chute than him being unhappy with the bike itself. I just hope he can ride himself into shape and put this year behind him.
Olson
5/19/2014 12:17pm
I see it that he tells it as it is. Props for that. His foot is hurt and his not comfy on the bike (yet?). What else is there to talk about? If he heals up and finds some settings maybe we get another answer later. Let's just wait and see. I'm sure KTM don't care that much, they have riders in every class all over the world giving them great PR. I just want outdoors to start and see who's most prepared!
hartebreak
Fantasy
241st
5/19/2014 12:25pm
I still don't see where he is slamming the bike at all.
Olson
5/19/2014 12:37pm
hartebreak wrote:
I still don't see where he is slamming the bike at all.
His contract is up, he's all about finding a new ride, nothing about resigning.
And he clearly states that the team choose the bike, not him.
Homey55
5/19/2014 1:46pm
At one point he says it was a team decision on the bike and later on he said he has no choice. So he was obviously part of picking the KTM but maybe now, after riding it, he has some reservations?
Sully22
5/19/2014 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 2:12pm
Homey55 wrote:
At one point he says it was a team decision on the bike and later on he said he has no choice. So he was obviously...
At one point he says it was a team decision on the bike and later on he said he has no choice. So he was obviously part of picking the KTM but maybe now, after riding it, he has some reservations?
I think you are referring to the following....it was confusing for me as well. In one sentance he says we decided as a team, the next he's saying he had no choice...

Has it been sort of depressing that you haven’t been out there? Did you go through a stage where you were kind of like “woe is me” or whatever? Also, talk about the switch to KTM again and how you feel about that?

I wouldn’t say depressed, just more determined to get back at it as soon as I could. But every time I did something else would happen. We chose the KTM as a team. They’ve been given us a lot of support. Obviously Carlos [Rivera, Davi’s old mechanic] is over there so that helped make up my mind pretty good. Being with Roger [Decoster] and Ian [Harrison] and a bike that is proven, that kind of helps our mind to be made up on where we needed to go. Obviously where we were wasn’t a choice. Everyone keeps asking why did we switch, and why did I switch, but I didn’t have a choice.
Matthes
5/19/2014 2:23pm
Olson wrote:
His contract is up, he's all about finding a new ride, nothing about resigning.
And he clearly states that the team choose the bike, not him.
Racer X: Might you go back to Rockstar?
Millsaps: There are options everywhere.

Dry
Dx3moto
5/19/2014 4:12pm
I'd love to see him along with Reed at Two Two. The family atmosphere at Two Two reminds me a lot of Brittney, Davi, and his son (Duke, right?). It'd be cool to see little Millsaps and Reed riding scooters around the pits in Two Two apparel Tongue
Big Lenny
5/19/2014 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 4:23pm
I think this would explain it...

RbR
5/19/2014 4:39pm
Very good interview with Millsaps. Level headed and to the point. No hype or BS ...
Flatliner
5/19/2014 5:10pm
Not sure what it is, maybe some guys just don't gel with the steel frame.
IWreckALot
5/19/2014 5:53pm
Sully22 wrote:
I think you are referring to the following....it was confusing for me as well. In one sentance he says we decided as a team, the next...
I think you are referring to the following....it was confusing for me as well. In one sentance he says we decided as a team, the next he's saying he had no choice...

Has it been sort of depressing that you haven’t been out there? Did you go through a stage where you were kind of like “woe is me” or whatever? Also, talk about the switch to KTM again and how you feel about that?

I wouldn’t say depressed, just more determined to get back at it as soon as I could. But every time I did something else would happen. We chose the KTM as a team. They’ve been given us a lot of support. Obviously Carlos [Rivera, Davi’s old mechanic] is over there so that helped make up my mind pretty good. Being with Roger [Decoster] and Ian [Harrison] and a bike that is proven, that kind of helps our mind to be made up on where we needed to go. Obviously where we were wasn’t a choice. Everyone keeps asking why did we switch, and why did I switch, but I didn’t have a choice.
I heard a little bit of Ryan Dungey in that interview in the way he says "we" picked the bike as a team then he decided to get more real and said that it wasn't his first choice but with the options on the table, the majority of the team decided to go with ktm. I could be wrong.

Post a reply to: Millsaps

The Latest