Military Themed Gear/Bikes

RPM68
2/11/2016 9:17pm
Go Honda!

Proud of jimmy and the team, dropping the little advertising real estate to honor our brave soldiers...came across this at work the other day

Mx4life320
Fantasy
2789th
2/12/2016 7:21am
Does anyone have a photo of canards bike? I saw the video, i want a photo for the computer though
JW381
2/12/2016 7:26am
Love the Blue Angels Suzuki. Thats fuckin awesome.

Also loved Anderson sporting the Misfit gear haha
ob
2/12/2016 7:46am
The military pays Feld to do this.
Grizz wrote:
It's an advertisement.

Wow I didn't realize that. I thought it was actually out of appreciation for the sacrifices the military personnel make to have a medial paying dangerous job. It just lost all of the meaning for me. Is the breast cancer awareness race the same paid for event? What about the retro event? Who pays for that? Devo? Feld needs some new ideas to increase share prices.

The Shop

GD2
Fantasy
1081st
2/12/2016 1:49pm

JW381
2/12/2016 1:51pm
Sooooooooooo sick!!!!
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
2/12/2016 1:54pm
That is ridiculously cool. I wonder if the AMA will let them run the blue backgrounds and yellow numbers? I'm guessing they will have black backgrounds with white numbers for the race, but I hope not.
DA498
2/12/2016 2:20pm
NAVY = #1, not a lot of creativity for the rest. Glad they tried though.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
2/12/2016 2:22pm
danzig138 wrote:
Its all about the details! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/02/12/123615/s1200_DSC_0322.jpg[/img]
Its all about the details!

I want it.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
2/12/2016 2:48pm
Motorcycle Superstore Suzuki wins. Bravo to those guys and their sponsors for doing a proper theme bike. Some of the other bikes though... Huh

Too bad there will be the inevitable teams/bikes/gear manufacturers that show up with the same ol stuff (privateers excluded) or just some numbers with a break down the middle. It's like showing up to a costume party without a costume.
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
2/12/2016 4:24pm
Looks like RCH. Went all in on the design
motogeezer
2/12/2016 4:43pm
4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag

Current through Pub. L. 114-38. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

US Code
Notes
prev | next
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d) [color=red]The flag should never be used as wearing apparel[/color], bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.
(Added Pub. L. 105–225, § 2(a), Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1497.)
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
2/12/2016 4:49pm
GrapeApe wrote:
That is ridiculously cool. I wonder if the AMA will let them run the blue backgrounds and yellow numbers? I'm guessing they will have black backgrounds...
That is ridiculously cool. I wonder if the AMA will let them run the blue backgrounds and yellow numbers? I'm guessing they will have black backgrounds with white numbers for the race, but I hope not.
I was wondering that same thing.... hopefully they use their heads and let it roll. Dark blue and yellow is at least in spirit of black and white numbers!
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
2/12/2016 4:55pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2016 5:02pm
GD2 wrote:
motogeezer wrote:
4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag Current through Pub. L. 114-38. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.) US Code Notes prev |...
4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag

Current through Pub. L. 114-38. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

US Code
Notes
prev | next
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d) [color=red]The flag should never be used as wearing apparel[/color], bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.
(Added Pub. L. 105–225, § 2(a), Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1497.)
Luckily for them I don't believe they made their gear out of flags..... and one could argue that while it shares the colors, it proportionally in no way resembles a square flag.

Post a reply to: Military Themed Gear/Bikes

The Latest