Military 'Appreciation' Night?

jathey
Who thought it was a good idea to run that segment where the riders came off like idiots concerning their Military?

That was just really bad.
|
Skidaddle
1/14/2017 8:36pm
jathey wrote:
Who thought it was a good idea to run that segment where the riders came off like idiots concerning their Military?

All these segments are cheese. That arm pump segment was BS also.

It's all entertainment. Nothing more. I doubt most of these guys know how many branches there are.
ForToo
1/14/2017 8:41pm
I'm going to go out on a limb say say 90% of the American populous doesn't know how many branches there are.
Starcrossed
1/14/2017 8:41pm
It's turning into un-appreciation night very quickly. Hope they don't skip the 450LCQ.
mx836
1/14/2017 8:42pm
I'm all for appreciating the military, but man, they are taking it too far. It's like they don't even care about talking about the racing anymore!!

The Shop

jeffro503
1/14/2017 8:48pm
jathey wrote:

Skidaddle wrote:
All these segments are cheese. That arm pump segment was BS also. It's all entertainment. Nothing more. I doubt most of these guys know how many...

It's all entertainment. Nothing more. I doubt most of these guys know how many branches there are.
How was the arm pump segment bs?
APLMAN99
1/14/2017 8:57pm
jathey wrote:

Skidaddle wrote:
All these segments are cheese. That arm pump segment was BS also. It's all entertainment. Nothing more. I doubt most of these guys know how many...

jeffro503 wrote:
They didn't mention how bad arm pump can be from a keyboard. Duh........
Skidaddle
1/14/2017 9:21pm
jathey wrote:

Skidaddle wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Watch it again, and listen to the commentary.
bvm111
1/14/2017 9:25pm
mx836 wrote:
I'm all for appreciating the military, but man, they are taking it too far. It's like they don't even care about talking about the racing anymore!!
I dont think you can take appreciating the military too far... just saying
pmshortt2
1/14/2017 10:07pm
mx836 wrote:
I thought when the riders were talking about the military branches...they sounded very idiotic.....and somewhat disrespectful. I understood Kenny because he's from a Germany, but Jesus you don't know what a Marine is but your from here? Cmon now. oh and "There's no way I could do it" but yet your a Proffessional Supercross racer. You could easily get through boot camp lol. And last but not least, when the military guys did the little hole shot race. I understand it's cool and everything but it seemed kind of...I dunno. Making fun of them? 2 of the guys slammed into eachother after the gate dropped and then they did a K ROC/RD style interview for the winner. Cmon now. GrinningUnsure
MotoX85
1/14/2017 10:22pm
This 30 yr retired service connected disabled vet loved it. We know these guys don't know much about we do, makes the appreciation weekend that much more special that people can learn. Seriously had a tear in my eye tonight, best appreciation night to date.
machine
1/14/2017 10:24pm
mx836 wrote:
bvm111 wrote:
Yep, absolutely.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/14/2017 11:29pm

Harambe
1/14/2017 11:31pm
More like "commerical appreciation night" amirite lmao
MotoX85
1/14/2017 11:33pm
GuyB wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/14/169299/s1200_011417dungeyprerace.jpg[/img]

Awesome pic
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/15/2017 12:11am
Harambe wrote:
More like "commerical appreciation night" amirite lmao
For the record, I didn't think TheoreticalMotocrosser was that funny, either.
Crush
1/15/2017 12:22am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2017 12:22am
I don't know that I agree with the politics that bring about the need, but it's always been badass to me how most Yankees (yeah I said it!) love their military people and are thankful for the services they do....

Being a patriot down here is becoming contentious it seems, I love how you guys love your country and the people that serve it.
1/15/2017 12:30am
bvm111 wrote:
Seriously.

I honestly wouldn't have minded if, instead of showing any racing, the broadcast was entirely dedicated to telling us how important the military is.
hoots3pak
1/15/2017 5:23am
MotoX85 wrote:
This 30 yr retired service connected disabled vet loved it. We know these guys don't know much about we do, makes the appreciation weekend that much...
This 30 yr retired service connected disabled vet loved it. We know these guys don't know much about we do, makes the appreciation weekend that much more special that people can learn. Seriously had a tear in my eye tonight, best appreciation night to date.
Hill was awesome on the podium, thanking our Vets. The segment on the 22 Vets a day committing suicide is legit. I lost 2 brothers last year. I love it any time we can tell Veterans thank you. Thanks to all my brothers on Vital. Hoooooah.
philG
1/15/2017 6:13am
I would prefer a ' Career Politicians' appreciation night, where guys from the armed forces get to ask exactly what the fucking point of going to (insert place with oil and no Rothschild bank here) and getting blown to bits actually was,

They arent keeping us safe, they are making rich people richer.

You have every right to say that having served, i am afforded an opinion based on being one of those in industry watching people milking the system in the name of ' keeping us safe'.
eb313
1/15/2017 6:34am
mx836 wrote:
bvm111 wrote:
Some people just don't care anymore.....sad
eb313
1/15/2017 6:38am
mx836 wrote:
pmshortt2 wrote:
I thought when the riders were talking about the military branches...they sounded very idiotic.....and somewhat disrespectful. I understood Kenny because he's from a Germany, but Jesus...
I thought when the riders were talking about the military branches...they sounded very idiotic.....and somewhat disrespectful. I understood Kenny because he's from a Germany, but Jesus you don't know what a Marine is but your from here? Cmon now. oh and "There's no way I could do it" but yet your a Proffessional Supercross racer. You could easily get through boot camp lol. And last but not least, when the military guys did the little hole shot race. I understand it's cool and everything but it seemed kind of...I dunno. Making fun of them? 2 of the guys slammed into eachother after the gate dropped and then they did a K ROC/RD style interview for the winner. Cmon now. GrinningUnsure
People don't know because our military and the heroes that serve have become an afterthought to so many. They just aren't concerned with it or them.
eb313
1/15/2017 6:42am
philG wrote:
I would prefer a ' Career Politicians' appreciation night, where guys from the armed forces get to ask exactly what the fucking point of going to...
I would prefer a ' Career Politicians' appreciation night, where guys from the armed forces get to ask exactly what the fucking point of going to (insert place with oil and no Rothschild bank here) and getting blown to bits actually was,

You have every right to say that having served, i am afforded an opinion based on being one of those in industry watching people milking the system in the name of ' keeping us safe'.
I will agree and disagree with your premise. There are real threats that are being neutralized. The source of some of those threats comes from the groups you mentioned......but not all. Until you have see the threats and studied the subject at length any it is only an opinion. You can have your own opinion, you just can't have your own facts.
1/15/2017 7:15am
philG wrote:
I would prefer a ' Career Politicians' appreciation night, where guys from the armed forces get to ask exactly what the fucking point of going to...

And it's disgusting they play with people's emotions like that. Those a-holes take advantage of the people that really care about their country.
hoots3pak
1/15/2017 7:29am
Our views of the Military and our government change throughout our lives. Mine has changed from before I served , while I served, when I got out, and right now. These guys fight for each other. Not for any government, or necessarily a cause. They fight for their brothers. This isn't about politics. It's about showing a little bit of appreciation to real men and women who have earned a thank you. Some have a lifetime of physical and mental wounds, just a thank you is cool.
philG
1/15/2017 7:36am
eb313 wrote:
I will agree and disagree with your premise. There are real threats that are being neutralized. The source of some of those threats comes from the...
I will agree and disagree with your premise. There are real threats that are being neutralized. The source of some of those threats comes from the groups you mentioned......but not all. Until you have see the threats and studied the subject at length any it is only an opinion. You can have your own opinion, you just can't have your own facts.
You have to dig deep to find out who funds the 'threats'.

I have studied and read a lot, i have long been of the opinion that a lot of these threats are created to serve a purpose,and history tells us that this has been the case for a long , long time.

One thing i do know, is that we are only told what they want to tell us and make us think. Jeez, if you look at the MX/SX paddock as a microcosm for the world, how much stuff goes on in the paddock that we never get told, how much of what we are told is actually right etc, just take the whole Stew saga.

People who dont realise that , and just blindly flag wave , are what lets these people get away with it.

But despite that i will always show respect for those in the services.
jathey
1/15/2017 7:49am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2017 7:56am
For the record, I am all for shows of appreciation for those who serve in our Military. My post was referring specifically to the TV segment where - to me - some of the riders seemed to be showing a little too much glee in their ignorance about the U.S. Armed Forces. Reminded me of one of those late night shows where they ask the children adult questions.

The editor/producer is the real culprit, here. The segment was IMO unflattering to the riders and the Military.

TDeath21
1/15/2017 7:54am
You guys actually watch these? I just DVR it while watching NFL playoffs and then watch commercial free. But even when I do watch live, I'm never watching that stuff.
RangerLee
1/15/2017 8:09am
Isn't military always somewhat about politics?
The troops serving in the military, it is nothing about politics. No politics in why I joined.

Politicians control what the military can do in a big picture sense, but just because you do not like what politician A decides to do, that does not change the fact that young men and woman volunteered to serve, for any number of reasons.

These appreciation nights are about those troops with boots on the ground. The unfortunate part though, the Military Pays for the appreciation nights, in every major sport. It is not done out of the goodness of the sporting authorities heart, be it supercross of NFL football. They would not have the night if the military did not pay them. A little hidden secret not many realize.

Sodipop
1/15/2017 8:16am
It's one of those things where they seem to be pushing it so hard for appearances that it doesn't seem genuine.

Side note: they did a holeshot challenge between guys representing 6 different branches and one guy almost looped out and two guys tangled leaving one guy looking pretty hurt. Probably the last time for that.

Post a reply to: Military 'Appreciation' Night?

The Latest