Mike Healey...

MCfan4life
12/31/2009 10:07pm
Best of luck to Mike. I'm sure he has plenty of strength left in him to pull through this. It will be a long moto but the victory in the end will be worth it.
ogdeno
1/1/2010 4:15am
Hang in there mike, there's still good things out there for you. I understand what's involved as i'm currently on a maintenance program for heroin addiction. I start my reduction in 3 weeks and it's a scary thought. You got to stay strong, focused and have good people around you. Stay at it mike.
Slow ~ Pro
1/1/2010 9:21am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:43pm
I have quite a few former motocross friends who are hooked on oxys.
When I undertook this battle, I was very, surprised at how many guys are out there under the influence of Heroin.

Many familiar names... The drug causes you to lose all sense of reality. You can't control your bowels, you vomit violently, and have sever stomach pain (cramps) You sweat profusely, and need the drug every two hours.

When I see people ridicule someone for stepping off their morals, and into a situation where Mike did, I feel sorry for these people, to have them think it will never happen to them, or someone they love, and care for. It can happen to anyone, and I hope it never does.

I guess these nay sayers have never watched an episode of Intervention. I have met with some of the subjects of the documentary, and found the same story, time, after time. The story goes like this... I never thought it would happen to me, to her, or to him. Wake up people, it can happen to you.

Mike, did not begin his abuse for pleasure, he began to combat his constant pain. Prescription medication was not taking care of him. Then when the prescription stops you look for alternatives. He (Mike Healey) found relief from someone/something, and had an expectation of being able to handle something that was stronger than himself.

Mike, is a tough, mother fucker... I+He endured a lot of pain. Like the time he duct taped a towel around his broken neck, and raced to a win... He always put his all into what he did. He was weakened by a substance, that was kryptonite to him.

Speaking with a Yamaha, R & D, guy (friend) he was so surprised to learn of Mike's, issue. He, and Mike, felt the same regarding drug use in professional Motocross... Mike, was very against, and down on riders that abused. That's the sad part. A teacher, falling victim to what he preached against.

I stand up for Mike Healey, because he is a dear friend. I stand up for him because he is a victim of drug abuse. He did wrong, and is paying for his actions. Please don't think because I, and many others feel what happened is ok, it is not. It was horrible. But Mike, is still my friend. And I would fight this fight for others, because I am a fighter.

Happy New Year, to everyone.

The Shop

mxjef
1/1/2010 10:01am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:43pm
Props for you Slow Pro!!!...

I hope all the best for Mike.
chuck317
1/1/2010 10:09am
I have quite a few former motocross friends who are hooked on oxys.
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
When I undertook this battle, I was very, surprised at how many guys are out there under the influence of Heroin. Many familiar names... The drug...
When I undertook this battle, I was very, surprised at how many guys are out there under the influence of Heroin.

Many familiar names... The drug causes you to lose all sense of reality. You can't control your bowels, you vomit violently, and have sever stomach pain (cramps) You sweat profusely, and need the drug every two hours.

When I see people ridicule someone for stepping off their morals, and into a situation where Mike did, I feel sorry for these people, to have them think it will never happen to them, or someone they love, and care for. It can happen to anyone, and I hope it never does.

I guess these nay sayers have never watched an episode of Intervention. I have met with some of the subjects of the documentary, and found the same story, time, after time. The story goes like this... I never thought it would happen to me, to her, or to him. Wake up people, it can happen to you.

Mike, did not begin his abuse for pleasure, he began to combat his constant pain. Prescription medication was not taking care of him. Then when the prescription stops you look for alternatives. He (Mike Healey) found relief from someone/something, and had an expectation of being able to handle something that was stronger than himself.

Mike, is a tough, mother fucker... I+He endured a lot of pain. Like the time he duct taped a towel around his broken neck, and raced to a win... He always put his all into what he did. He was weakened by a substance, that was kryptonite to him.

Speaking with a Yamaha, R & D, guy (friend) he was so surprised to learn of Mike's, issue. He, and Mike, felt the same regarding drug use in professional Motocross... Mike, was very against, and down on riders that abused. That's the sad part. A teacher, falling victim to what he preached against.

I stand up for Mike Healey, because he is a dear friend. I stand up for him because he is a victim of drug abuse. He did wrong, and is paying for his actions. Please don't think because I, and many others feel what happened is ok, it is not. It was horrible. But Mike, is still my friend. And I would fight this fight for others, because I am a fighter.

Happy New Year, to everyone.
that says it all right there.
brodie68
1/3/2010 4:05pm
I met mike in 1990 in Holland,i was an american living over there,loved motorcross and so on..we became good friends mike would come to my house and eat,on several occasions.we seemed to have a good friendship,being able to talk to each other in american,(not english)but american..mike always found the time to walk the track with me,we would talk about how it was living abroad compared to living in Holland..i didnt know all this was going on with mike..i would like to say i hope and pray mike comes thru this as he did when he raced,always a class act,mike always made me feel welcomed,Always asked me to go with him to the start,which was a very nice jester for me, he was a true mans, man...i got to meet a lot of great racers,Trampas,Micky,Jeff,Mike,Broc,and Ricky(Johnson)and they all seemed to have a great liking for mike,i watched him in one race in Holland when he was jumping so high that he was hitting the branches of the trees,they couldnt get up there to cut them,people were packed their trying to get pics of him coming thru the trees..but like i said i would love to be able to get in touch with him when he gets out of this...He also gave me one of the first copies of crusty demons of the dirt which he signed and had Seth do the same.......Good Luck Mike..and never forget where u came from.......Big John
Slow ~ Pro
1/3/2010 9:02pm
brodie68 wrote:
I met mike in 1990 in Holland,i was an american living over there,loved motorcross and so on..we became good friends mike would come to my house...
I met mike in 1990 in Holland,i was an american living over there,loved motorcross and so on..we became good friends mike would come to my house and eat,on several occasions.we seemed to have a good friendship,being able to talk to each other in american,(not english)but american..mike always found the time to walk the track with me,we would talk about how it was living abroad compared to living in Holland..i didnt know all this was going on with mike..i would like to say i hope and pray mike comes thru this as he did when he raced,always a class act,mike always made me feel welcomed,Always asked me to go with him to the start,which was a very nice jester for me, he was a true mans, man...i got to meet a lot of great racers,Trampas,Micky,Jeff,Mike,Broc,and Ricky(Johnson)and they all seemed to have a great liking for mike,i watched him in one race in Holland when he was jumping so high that he was hitting the branches of the trees,they couldnt get up there to cut them,people were packed their trying to get pics of him coming thru the trees..but like i said i would love to be able to get in touch with him when he gets out of this...He also gave me one of the first copies of crusty demons of the dirt which he signed and had Seth do the same.......Good Luck Mike..and never forget where u came from.......Big John
Thanks, John...

I am going to give this to Mike's Mom, I'll see her this week. Those that actually know Mike, know that all you said is the real Mike. He got out of line, crossed the line, and messed up real bad. But I can assure you... Mike will beat this, and will once again, be a winner.
jmar
1/3/2010 9:08pm
Well wishes to Mike and his family. I hope he becomes a better man after all of this is over with.
Slow ~ Pro
1/3/2010 9:17pm
jmar wrote:
Well wishes to Mike and his family. I hope he becomes a better man after all of this is over with.
Thanks Jim...
I will let him know as soon as possible.
croom mx
1/4/2010 6:02am
Sometimes you have to hit bottom to get away from drugs , some are not so lucky and end up dead! Good Luck Mike Healey.
G-man
1/4/2010 7:47am
Thanks for the update SloPro, Mike is a good guy and I too hope the best for him so he can turn his life around.

I have twoshort video interviews (Washougal, Budds Creek GP) that I need to get on a DVD one day.
Slow ~ Pro
1/4/2010 11:50am
Thanks everybody...
The on-pouring of support is great. I still get letters, and continue to see an upside to a horrible situation. Time is well needed, in hopes of making it through this difficult mess.
kjm33
1/5/2010 1:42am
I remember when I first moved out to California and I would see Mike teaching class at Competition Park and some of the other tracks. He was so funny to watch. He used to tool around on this little TT100 Yamaha motorcycle or something like that and ride wheelies on it effortlessly with one hand while he whipped the sides back and forth like he was on a bull. I remember watching him teach a bunch of kids how to corner and he would yell at them to get down, go faster, use the clutch etc but the funniest thing he would do is get about a foot away from the line the kids were supposed to nail as they came through the turn and he would lean over and smack their helmets if they weren't leaned over enough in the turn. One kid came through and he wasn't riding as hard as Mike would have liked and he fell over right in front of him. Mike yelled at him to stop riding like a chump or something and to come in the corner with some speed. He helped the kid up sent him on his way and the next time the kid came flying through it perfectly and raced down the line. Mike jumps on his little Yamaha chases the kid down and is high fiving him and all that. He was really cool, pretty demanding and you could tell he really loved teaching. I hope he decides to teach again when he is able to.
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1950th
1/5/2010 5:54am
Good luck to Mike and I hope he pulls through this. I had watched mike towards the end of his GP career and he was a role model to me always a fighter on the track and I love that. I'm sure he will be the same off it and pull through this.
1/6/2010 5:57pm
I hope he comes out and does some vet races and shows what he still has. I grew up as one of his kids . from 80s to pro (short and slow ass pro) but still lined up as a pro thanx to mike. I didnt have a lot of money couldnt afford the the leesons but still worked with me traded stickers for lessons . He is the best teacher out there never gave up on any of his kids . A lot of good times.He used to nose wheelie his ttr125 and land it on the stand and walk away. Pure talent. I unfortantly lost touch with him do to not racing anymore. I saw him about 2 years ago at star. He was only working with one kid being a sat but stayed till i was done riding and we went to the pizza place and caugh up alil. After that I never talked to him again.He looked ok not the best but not seeing him b4 that for about a year i just figured he was just in relax mod. Never mentiond of his hard times if it had even started yet. I love Mike like he was a second father he was and still is my favorite rider and a hero to me. I just wish I could have helped in someway if any. I just apoligize for not being there for Mike when he was there through my hard times . Best wishes and i hope to see you out at the track. My daughters just about ready to start getting tennis balls thrown at her haha and then make her go chase em and pick em up haha good times. love and respect MIke

justin t weeks 657
Slow ~ Pro
1/6/2010 10:08pm
I hope he comes out and does some vet races and shows what he still has. I grew up as one of his kids . from...
I hope he comes out and does some vet races and shows what he still has. I grew up as one of his kids . from 80s to pro (short and slow ass pro) but still lined up as a pro thanx to mike. I didnt have a lot of money couldnt afford the the leesons but still worked with me traded stickers for lessons . He is the best teacher out there never gave up on any of his kids . A lot of good times.He used to nose wheelie his ttr125 and land it on the stand and walk away. Pure talent. I unfortantly lost touch with him do to not racing anymore. I saw him about 2 years ago at star. He was only working with one kid being a sat but stayed till i was done riding and we went to the pizza place and caugh up alil. After that I never talked to him again.He looked ok not the best but not seeing him b4 that for about a year i just figured he was just in relax mod. Never mentiond of his hard times if it had even started yet. I love Mike like he was a second father he was and still is my favorite rider and a hero to me. I just wish I could have helped in someway if any. I just apoligize for not being there for Mike when he was there through my hard times . Best wishes and i hope to see you out at the track. My daughters just about ready to start getting tennis balls thrown at her haha and then make her go chase em and pick em up haha good times. love and respect MIke

justin t weeks 657
Justin... I tried to call you, but received no reply, call again.

1/7/2010 11:49am
Yea sorry about that phone stop'd working last week waiting for a new one from verizon .
I also remeber the time he lent Timmy wiegand his 04 crf250 for the year. Timmy returnd it all bling'd out. so many good stories .Races at star mini night wed house slippers half face helmet and his ttr haha smashing all the guys with there hopped up crazy minis . Racing d-37 big six Mike and RJ thompson killing everyone in the team races. Then at gorman getting disqualified for the weekend because Mike and Rj traded bikes in the unclassified. Basically becuase they hated moto guys killing there guys haha . Doubling two berms together at star on a borrowd bike in shoes .When he overcomes this I hope he comes out just dominates all the vet races. I will be eligable for the vet class in feb haha that sux. thanx for the info Slow did'nt get your name. I hope all is well for him right now i know its hard for him but i hope he knows how many kids he inspired. Im glad it didn't go any farthur then it did. i know his pops is watchin over him and maybe that had somethin to do with him getting caught god works in crazy ways. Again just wish i could have been there for him. Every1 fuks up in life and if you say you didn't then your a liar .Somewhere somehow we all fuk up. This was Mikes first fuk up not even a speeding ticket to his name . Just hope we can turn this to a positive . Maybe a Ride day or something. I know Mikes story needs to be heard. I know of so many other riders who went through and still are fighting this addiction. I got hooked on another drug Even though many people don't think it is but weed ruind my life. At the time the only reason i smoked it was because i was 19 with two pins in my left thumb and one in my right wrist. i wasnt taking pills so i tryed weed. ended up selling the whole nine yards.Had my medical card got raded didnt do jail time thanks to a good lawer .Im now sober for a year . So thanx again Slow . Tell him i said whats up. Ive got healey support stickers coming if he wants em or just wants his usual sticks. ttyl bud

jw657

Post a reply to: Mike Healey...

The Latest