Mike Brown.....

HuskyEd
Edited Date/Time 11/12/2013 8:28am
to Team Husqvarna next year. I guess they are starting to make their push. How long before an MX team?

BIG HUSKY NEWS: MIKE BROWN TO JOIN HUSQVARNA OFFROAD TEAM FOR 2014
Brownie will be joining Andy Jefferson’s new Husky offroad team in 2014

Although the official announcement hasn’t been made yet, we have it on reliable sources close to Brown, that the former 125 AMA National Motocross Champion and current Endurcross and offroad star has signed to switch from the KTM team to the Husqvarna team in 2014.

Mike's new steed.

This isn’t a big stretch as Husqvarna is located in the building next to the KTM team, but Husqvarna’s Andy Jefferson plans to have a four-man offroad team in 2014 and Brown is the big catch.
|
TerryB
11/9/2013 12:30pm
Andy Jefferson? Sounds like Husky is really drawing upon it's MX roots. Very cool. Now they need Mitch and PC to return to their roots...
The Rock
11/9/2013 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2013 12:40pm
KTM buying the Husqvarna brand is yet another brilliant move by the Austrians.

HuskyEd-Thanks for posting this.....I saw this on MXA's website as well this morning. Happy that Mike Brown's post MX/SX career continues to flourish. Brownie is a testament to professionalism both in training and his work ethic.
hillbilly
11/9/2013 1:26pm
Nice,

Mike and his dad are family to me. Hope he gets a practice bike soon,he rides a few miles up the road from me so,

I will go sling a leg over asap.

Chad watts was mike wrench back in 89,90 if any old salty bastards recall, barr,s competition was the team i think

The Shop

Bytor
11/9/2013 1:41pm
Cool. If anyone can prove how tough the Husky is its Mike. He rides as hard as anyone can.
11/9/2013 1:48pm
hillbilly wrote:
Nice, Mike and his dad are family to me. Hope he gets a practice bike soon,he rides a few miles up the road from me so...
Nice,

Mike and his dad are family to me. Hope he gets a practice bike soon,he rides a few miles up the road from me so,

I will go sling a leg over asap.

Chad watts was mike wrench back in 89,90 if any old salty bastards recall, barr,s competition was the team i think
You gotta get rid of that signature image. That thing is ugly.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
11/9/2013 6:47pm
That Husky looks good.

Beside the definition of the word racer = Mike Brown
Ryan_Roberts
11/9/2013 6:58pm
I don't know about those huskyvaginas but that man was a bad mother fu*ker on a 125.
ocscottie
11/9/2013 11:13pm
Speaking of Brownie, he didnt have the best night tonight, Taddy won and he got 4th, they are now tied going into the finale in Vegas. That is going to make for a barn burner! Sure hope it is live again.
ocscottie
11/9/2013 11:14pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2013 11:15pm
BLAZUSIAK WINS IN BOISE ENDUROCROSS TO LEVEL THE POINTS

Red Bull KTM Factory’s Polish rider Taddy Blazusiak picked up his second victory on Saturday night in Boise Idaho at the penultimate round of the 2013 AMA EnduroCross Seriesto draw equal with Factory FMF/KTM rider Mike Brown in the championship points

Brown, who led the table before the race, was fourth on the night.

Brown got away well in the first heat but crashed in the first corner, then again in the wood chips moments later. He regrouped in sixth place, moved to fourth but finally finished in fifth and returned to the pits to prepare for the LCQ. Taddy took the holeshot in his heat and led the first lap before he tipped over and allowed Gary Sutherlin to make a pass for the lead. He recovered the lead in lap two and went on to pull a 14-second victory gap.

In the last chance qualifier Brown took the holeshot but fell again in the wood chips. He rebounded and began to chase down Kevin Rookstool in the lead. They were side by side in the final dash but both had difficulty in the wood chips. Brown was first out to take the win and transfer to the main event. The riders then lined up for their hot lap to determine gate pick order. Brown was second fastest and Blazusiak was fourth to set up a battle between the two KTM riders.

It was Brown who took the holeshot when the gate dropped but Taddy was right behind him. Then when Brown got stuck on a rock on the first lap both Blazusiak and Cody Webb slipped by. Blazusiak and Webb rode wheel to wheel as they battled for the lead then Webb edged out Blazusiak as they rounded the corner, knocking Blazusiak off the track. On the sixth lap, Webb also went down in the wood chips and Blazusiak closed up to take the lead. He then pulled away and was seven seconds in front at the drop of the flag.

Meanwhile, behind the leaders Brown stalled his bike with three laps to go and allowed Colton Haaker to make a pass. Brown recovered and went on to finish fourth. The two KTM riders now head into the final round at Las Vegas on November 23 with 130 points each, a 20-point advantage over Webb. Brown has scored more victories this season but Blazusiak, who has dominated the competition in recent seasons is looking to retain his title.

Overall Results –
1, Taddy Blazusiak – KTM
2, Cody Webb
3, Colton Haaker
4, Mike Brown – KTM
5, Justin Soule

Overall Point Standings –
1, Mike Brown – 130
2, Taddy Blazusiak – 130
3, Cody Webb – 110
11/10/2013 9:22am
So hes going from a KTM to a KTM good to hear. Brown in my opinion is the best all around rider ever.

The real interesting rumor is that Taylor Roberts is going to KTM.
IWreckALot
11/11/2013 7:06am
ocscottie wrote:
BLAZUSIAK WINS IN BOISE ENDUROCROSS TO LEVEL THE POINTS Red Bull KTM Factory’s Polish rider Taddy Blazusiak picked up his second victory on Saturday night in...
BLAZUSIAK WINS IN BOISE ENDUROCROSS TO LEVEL THE POINTS

Red Bull KTM Factory’s Polish rider Taddy Blazusiak picked up his second victory on Saturday night in Boise Idaho at the penultimate round of the 2013 AMA EnduroCross Seriesto draw equal with Factory FMF/KTM rider Mike Brown in the championship points

Brown, who led the table before the race, was fourth on the night.

Brown got away well in the first heat but crashed in the first corner, then again in the wood chips moments later. He regrouped in sixth place, moved to fourth but finally finished in fifth and returned to the pits to prepare for the LCQ. Taddy took the holeshot in his heat and led the first lap before he tipped over and allowed Gary Sutherlin to make a pass for the lead. He recovered the lead in lap two and went on to pull a 14-second victory gap.

In the last chance qualifier Brown took the holeshot but fell again in the wood chips. He rebounded and began to chase down Kevin Rookstool in the lead. They were side by side in the final dash but both had difficulty in the wood chips. Brown was first out to take the win and transfer to the main event. The riders then lined up for their hot lap to determine gate pick order. Brown was second fastest and Blazusiak was fourth to set up a battle between the two KTM riders.

It was Brown who took the holeshot when the gate dropped but Taddy was right behind him. Then when Brown got stuck on a rock on the first lap both Blazusiak and Cody Webb slipped by. Blazusiak and Webb rode wheel to wheel as they battled for the lead then Webb edged out Blazusiak as they rounded the corner, knocking Blazusiak off the track. On the sixth lap, Webb also went down in the wood chips and Blazusiak closed up to take the lead. He then pulled away and was seven seconds in front at the drop of the flag.

Meanwhile, behind the leaders Brown stalled his bike with three laps to go and allowed Colton Haaker to make a pass. Brown recovered and went on to finish fourth. The two KTM riders now head into the final round at Las Vegas on November 23 with 130 points each, a 20-point advantage over Webb. Brown has scored more victories this season but Blazusiak, who has dominated the competition in recent seasons is looking to retain his title.

Overall Results –
1, Taddy Blazusiak – KTM
2, Cody Webb
3, Colton Haaker
4, Mike Brown – KTM
5, Justin Soule

Overall Point Standings –
1, Mike Brown – 130
2, Taddy Blazusiak – 130
3, Cody Webb – 110
Hey man when is the finale?
Big E
11/11/2013 8:52am

I thought they had an MX team...
Spooner
11/11/2013 9:54am
I think all they need to do is swap his plastic to change teams.
ga_pike
11/11/2013 5:59pm
So, if MB wants to ride 1 or 2 more outdoor nationals, I guess he has to get "special permission" to ride a KTM?
ocscottie
11/11/2013 6:17pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Hey man when is the finale?

Pretty sure it will be a live webcast that night, those races have been incredible this year.
MtnBoy
11/11/2013 9:28pm
So hes going from a KTM to a KTM good to hear. Brown in my opinion is the best all around rider ever. The real interesting...
So hes going from a KTM to a KTM good to hear. Brown in my opinion is the best all around rider ever.

The real interesting rumor is that Taylor Roberts is going to KTM.
Not much of a surprise to hear that, Kawi barely scraped a program together this year to get him to EX, he has ambition to ride a wide array of events, KTM is a great fit for that.
11/12/2013 8:28am
My understanding was that Brownie wants to swap racing Baja in exchange for GNCC and would ride the Husky in order to make that happen. Downside is, there's 2 Endurocross events in 2014 that conflict with GNCC weekends. Granted, he could red eye it to those two GNCCs (if there's any guy thats gnarly enough for that, it's Brownie)

Post a reply to: Mike Brown.....

The Latest