Mike Alessi is no better than Stewart

jeffro503
5/22/2011 9:59pm
smeg wrote:
MA never had a chance..................sure there are those that will argue but the fact remains....... The guy doesn't have the head to be a top level...
MA never had a chance..................sure there are those that will argue but the fact remains.......

The guy doesn't have the head to be a top level pro MX'er....never has...........since turning pro anyway.

He has never won a pro title and he never will.
gsxrcr28 wrote:
You need better bait.
smeg wrote:
no bait................just the facts.............and only the facts
I disagree with this big time , when you say "The guy doesn't have the head to be a top level pro MX'er....never has...........since turning pro anyway.

The guy was the only one keeping Stewart honest a few years ago , he's podiumed in SX and in the Nationals , won nationals......how can you say that? It makes no sense at all.

I think you may be getting a little to down on him to be honest. MA does have a bad wreck every once in a while.....but they ALL DO! Stewart....is on another level with the crashing thing here. The difference is , MA ( most of the time ) rides within his limits.....Stewart does not......never has....never will.

For what it's worth....I enjoy watching both of them ride.....but Mike was the only one out of the two who was there. It's hard NOT to wreck when you don't even show up.
jasonv43
5/22/2011 10:01pm
Maybe Stewart is no better than Mike Alessi at this point?
5/25/2011 7:38am
jasonv43 wrote:
Except for the huge discrepancy in the number of championships won.
txmxer
5/25/2011 8:28am
This thread should have a warning label:

WARNING: SIGNIFICANT QUANTITIES OF DUMB

The Shop

jasonv43
5/25/2011 8:37am
jasonv43 wrote:
Except for the huge discrepancy in the number of championships won.
Well there is that.
Skinnly
5/25/2011 8:46am
One thing ive learned with 800,never count him out.
jbomx363
5/25/2011 8:59am
Skinnly wrote:
I've never counted him in. Laughing

Bummer for the crash.. seems to happen every year with Alessi. Maybe he should of heeded his and his Dad's own words (last year) and kept to the 350. Oh wait.. he crashed out on that too. Huh
Skinnly
5/25/2011 9:03am
Skinnly wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:
I've never counted him in. :laugh: Bummer for the crash.. seems to happen every year with Alessi. Maybe he should of heeded his and his Dad's...
I've never counted him in. Laughing

Bummer for the crash.. seems to happen every year with Alessi. Maybe he should of heeded his and his Dad's own words (last year) and kept to the 350. Oh wait.. he crashed out on that too. Huh
A lotta times you can't.Laughing He likes to win practice,and that dont mean shit.
Shawn142
5/25/2011 9:04am
BobbyM wrote:
hey spermbeard, not many ever do...why single out alessi?"
tobz wrote:
"BELiEVE THE HYPE" Lol +1 with smeg. Poor kid had an insane father who pre-empted 2 kids before they were even conceived to be "the best...
"BELiEVE THE HYPE"

Lol +1 with smeg.

Poor kid had an insane father who pre-empted 2 kids before they were even conceived to be "the best mxers the world has ever seen". This is the outcome, and that's why he's singled out.
mcphilly wrote:
Your a fucking Idiot .
This kind of stuff always makes me smile, the irony is so thick. YOU'RE awesome buddy. Why did you feel the need to capitalize idiot though?
Suns_PSD
5/25/2011 9:14am
If the MX season turns out even nearly as random for the top guys as SX turned out to be for them, Alessi still stands a very real chance of earning a top three outdoors. And while it's a stretch, a Championship run isn't impossible either if chains continue to break and endos continue to happen.

JMO
c3011
5/25/2011 9:24am
I haven't heard was MA on a 450 or a 350 this weekend?
jasonv43
5/25/2011 9:26am
How many bad career choices has Alessi made up to this point?

What if he stayed on Honda?
What if he stayed in the lites class longer?
jasonv43
5/25/2011 9:27am
c3011 wrote:
I haven't heard was MA on a 450 or a 350 this weekend?
fader418
5/25/2011 10:44am
Bummed for Alessi.......I really think he would have won some races this year.......he will win a race guaranteed!
bearded clam
5/25/2011 12:02pm
Did he hit neutral or something? That is a weird crash.
Jeff Alessi said something like mike had collected some mud on his foot peg and from what I could make from his post was Mikes foot slipped off the peg right on the take off and thats what caused the crash.
Moto4T5
5/25/2011 12:20pm
Do any of you guys actually watch the races on TV?
jasonv43
5/25/2011 12:28pm
Moto4T5 wrote:
I normally watch it on one of the UHF channels on my 13 inch.

5/25/2011 12:37pm
Moto4T5 wrote:
I've got a nice tin foil hat/coat hanger system that brings in the signal quite nicely if I sit under my pyramid.
LastCall211
5/25/2011 3:56pm
How can Alessi even be mentioned in the same breath as Stewart?
P
5/25/2011 5:57pm
at keeping it on two wheels. If he actually rode at the speed of the top 5 or 6 in supercross, Imagine how many times he...
at keeping it on two wheels. If he actually rode at the speed of the top 5 or 6 in supercross, Imagine how many times he would have crashed.

Alessi was the guy I was pulling for this outdoor season, it sucks really bad when your guy crashes at the first event and makes it near impossible for him to win the championship.
If that were the case then he would have at least a few titles by now.

P
smeg
5/25/2011 6:32pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
You need better bait.
smeg wrote:
no bait................just the facts.............and only the facts
jeffro503 wrote:
I disagree with this big time , when you say "[b]The guy doesn't have the head to be a top level pro MX'er....never has...........since turning pro...
I disagree with this big time , when you say "The guy doesn't have the head to be a top level pro MX'er....never has...........since turning pro anyway.

The guy was the only one keeping Stewart honest a few years ago , he's podiumed in SX and in the Nationals , won nationals......how can you say that? It makes no sense at all.

I think you may be getting a little to down on him to be honest. MA does have a bad wreck every once in a while.....but they ALL DO! Stewart....is on another level with the crashing thing here. The difference is , MA ( most of the time ) rides within his limits.....Stewart does not......never has....never will.

For what it's worth....I enjoy watching both of them ride.....but Mike was the only one out of the two who was there. It's hard NOT to wreck when you don't even show up.
point #1..........................NO ONE except RC and (a big maybe)CR....has ever been able to keep JS "honest"....if you think MA has ever kept JS "honest" you are sorely mistaken.

point #2.......................As far as podiums in SX and winning a nat or two...........I never said he wasn't fast and I think personally he is one of the better 2nd tier MX racers.

What I said was he is not and a "top level" pro MX'er.............................and I stand by that statement.

He MAY win another nat,..... will never win a SX(unless a bizarre happenstance occurs) ....and his chances at any pro title are basically nonexistent.

I kinda like the guy but the fact remains he had his shot and it didn't pan out.....Alessi is a Lechien or a Kehoe...had the speed, had the talent, had the work ethic(Kehoe?)......but it just never all came together consistently enough to be a contender.
ts.p311
5/25/2011 7:22pm
smeg wrote:
Chill dude........................................ummmmmmmmmmmm...because this an Alessi thread maybe. I like Mike, think he is a cool guy from some of the interviews I have seen. His on...
Chill dude........................................ummmmmmmmmmmm...because this an Alessi thread maybe.

I like Mike, think he is a cool guy from some of the interviews I have seen. His on the track antics have left a bad taste in my mouth a couple times. Overall I like the guy but I don't understand the hype. Sorry if you feel different but I just call them as I see them. Mike has pretty damn good talent(not the best by a long shot) and an impeccable AMATEUR career. Other than that he hasn't done much from a "star" motocross perspective.

If your opinion differs from mine that is fine.............................BUT, you have been around this sport awhile and while I disagree with much of what you post I respect the fact the you know racing(most of these idiots don't have a clue) I think you would agree with me that when someone is racing and consistently looking BEHIND themselves they are not going to be a consistent top level rider.

That's just one reason he has not and will not win a c-ship at the pro level
I dont hate Mike, I actually love it when I know he's lining up for nats. Though you said you've seen some good interviews with him? Your entitled to your opinion and all, but in my opinion he is one damn weird kid. Id say video interviews he appears halfway normal (probably because all the weird stuff gets edited out) but in live interviews, the weirdness shines through. Check out this painfully awkward interview he did last week on DMXS. http://www.vurbmoto.com/dmxs/archives/78/post-show-pastrana-alessi-blos…

Post a reply to: Mike Alessi is no better than Stewart

The Latest