Mike Alessi Riding Hondas??

shunter986
Fantasy
527th
Edited Date/Time 9/27/2015 8:38pm
Just was checking out photos on the Transworld site and saw he was riding a Honda 450.

This could be old new but just thought I would bring it up.

Also looks like race tech suspension on the bike. That was a old sponsor of the Alessi Honda days
|
GD2
Fantasy
815th
9/25/2015 7:25am
MotoConcepts is on Honda's now, and yes they are using Race Tech suspension.
Sandberm
9/25/2015 7:29am
Mike Alessi is riding a Honda now. Jeffs riding his old RM's and Vince Friese is riding in Canada next year.

No word yet on the other rider they are hoping to sign. Those Bogle rumors didnt come true...thank God...
IWreckALot
9/25/2015 7:42am
Sandberm wrote:
Mike Alessi is riding a Honda now. Jeffs riding his old RM's and Vince Friese is riding in Canada next year. No word yet on the...
Mike Alessi is riding a Honda now. Jeffs riding his old RM's and Vince Friese is riding in Canada next year.

No word yet on the other rider they are hoping to sign. Those Bogle rumors didnt come true...thank God...
Is Mike racing the US SX series this coming season or is he racing somewhere else?
SEE ARE125
9/25/2015 8:29am
Playing Mad Skills last night, lined up next to a user named "alessi8008" and he was on a red bike, so that pretty much makes it officially official. Grinning

The Shop

Olson
9/25/2015 8:31am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Playing Mad Skills last night, lined up next to a user named "alessi8008" and he was on a red bike, so that pretty much makes it...
Playing Mad Skills last night, lined up next to a user named "alessi8008" and he was on a red bike, so that pretty much makes it officially official. Grinning
That's a double stamp right there!
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/25/2015 8:37am
Sandberm wrote:
Mike Alessi is riding a Honda now. Jeffs riding his old RM's and Vince Friese is riding in Canada next year. No word yet on the...

Vince would ride SX for MotoConcepts on a Honda while riding the Canadian Outdoor Nationals for Leading Edge Kawasaki.
Starcrossed
9/25/2015 9:05am
Sandberm wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
Is Mike racing the US SX series this coming season or is he racing somewhere else?
Last I heard was that Mike's intentions were to race U.S. Supercross in 2016, but hadn't decided what series or combination that he would race outdoors.
jeffro503
9/25/2015 9:14am
The Alessi thing about him being on Honda's was , that he rode Vince's bikes and really liked them a lot. So he decided to switch.
9/25/2015 9:44am
Sandberm wrote:

Dude, if your going to post info on here maybe you should know what your talking about. Vince is riding for MCR for the upcoming 2016 SX series as MCR is not committed to racing the US MX series and they are allowing Vince to race this summer in Canada.

On a different note, your ignorant statement of thank God Bogle isn't riding for them, is a again proof that you are clueless. Explain to me who is more proven in the 450 class, MCR or Bogle? Why would you or anybody else think that MCR bikes, team, track record, vialbilty as a team, financial strength and more are not good enough for Bogle? Let me guess, cuz Jeff got busted playing around with his laser toy three years ago or you don't like Tony.

Did it ever dawn on you that outside of the 5 or 6 factory teams there is like two or three legitimate 450 teams, of which none of them come any where near MCR, in terms of commitment, quality of equipment, financial support, rider compensation and success on the track. So with that said and you get your wish, and Bogle isn't riding for my friends team, just pray and hope that he has a ride at all, because it look like no one else really wants him. Or, the real harsh reality that clowns like you and others don't understand is, there is limited amount of rides available and he may not get one of them.

Hello!!!??
9/25/2015 9:59am
MCR is a great team. Great Jobs are more limited than perception sometimes would lend and not as many guys deserve what the public thinks they do by birthright or default.

I'd say that's all that is happening here.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
9/25/2015 10:03am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2015 10:04am
"No one else really wants him." That's a pretty dumb statement. Whether they want him is not the question, I'm sure several teams would like to have him. But rosters being full or budgets being maxed out prevent it from happening. Last I heard he could possibly go to factory Yamaha or Crossland. And if neither of those work out I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on Rock River. I agree with you that MCR gets more crap than they deserve, and that they are a good team. But I had to comment on that one statement.
jeffro503
9/25/2015 10:05am
I don't understand all the hate MCR gets here honestly. It's a private team in which the owner puts tons of his own money into it , and actually gives rides to an extra 2 - 3 guys who may not of gotten help from any where else. I think what they do is awesome and it's nice seeing another team in the pits. I've actually become a bigger fan of Mikes and Vince both this past year , because they are a couple of underdog's with no factory help out there mixing it up with the factory guys. What's not to like about that?
Sandberm
9/25/2015 10:08am
Sandberm wrote:

Dude, if your going to post info on here maybe you should know what your talking about. Vince is riding for MCR for the upcoming 2016...
Dude, if your going to post info on here maybe you should know what your talking about. Vince is riding for MCR for the upcoming 2016 SX series as MCR is not committed to racing the US MX series and they are allowing Vince to race this summer in Canada.

On a different note, your ignorant statement of thank God Bogle isn't riding for them, is a again proof that you are clueless. Explain to me who is more proven in the 450 class, MCR or Bogle? Why would you or anybody else think that MCR bikes, team, track record, vialbilty as a team, financial strength and more are not good enough for Bogle? Let me guess, cuz Jeff got busted playing around with his laser toy three years ago or you don't like Tony.

Did it ever dawn on you that outside of the 5 or 6 factory teams there is like two or three legitimate 450 teams, of which none of them come any where near MCR, in terms of commitment, quality of equipment, financial support, rider compensation and success on the track. So with that said and you get your wish, and Bogle isn't riding for my friends team, just pray and hope that he has a ride at all, because it look like no one else really wants him. Or, the real harsh reality that clowns like you and others don't understand is, there is limited amount of rides available and he may not get one of them.

Hello!!!??
"On a different note, your ignorant statement of thank God Bogle isn't riding for them, is a again proof that you are clueless. Explain to me who is more proven in the 450 class, MCR or Bogle?"

Explain to me who is more proven in 450 sx, Team Yamaha with Chad Reed as a teammate or MCR? Not that theres anything completely wrong with MCR, but come on...Id thank God if Yamaha came and made me an offer to ride for them instead of MCR. Common sense.

And as far as Freise, I stated he is riding in Canada next year, is that not true? Big fucking deal that I left out the sx part.
Xeno
9/25/2015 10:13am
"...no one else really wants him (Bogle)."

Really? No team wants to hire a 250SX champion? I disagree with that statement, and I expect to see him on good equipment come January.
jeffro503
9/25/2015 10:26am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2015 10:26am
Xeno wrote:
"...no one else really wants him (Bogle)." Really? No team wants to hire a 250SX champion? I disagree with that statement, and I expect to see...
"...no one else really wants him (Bogle)."

Really? No team wants to hire a 250SX champion? I disagree with that statement, and I expect to see him on good equipment come January.
I think Bogle is actually kind of a hot commodity. He showed some really good speed in those last few rounds after coming back from injury. That kid is a diamond in the rough and has some serious potential! If I was a manager of any factory team , I'd be giving that kid a call real quick. Just my $.02.
BigDaddyG
9/25/2015 10:32am
MCR is not an Elite American Team, no way. Maybe from a financial standpoint they are up there for a private team but not from a rider standpoint. Vince, is their best rider and I am glad to see him chill a bit the past few years and stay out of senseless trouble that he seemed to be plagued with.

If Vince could get a ride to stay in the states all year I think he could do good, indoors and out. Bogle was their only hope to get descent results in the 450 class, hes a legit podium threat once he gets a bit more comfy on that 450. But since he is out they have zero hope on the 450's in the states.

Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
9/25/2015 10:44am
I believe the last i heard was they were going to do the "not racing for a championship" schedule again and just travel all over. its a shame because despite getting the brand out there mike is good enough to win at least outdoor races and would be a threat for the title.
Xeno
9/25/2015 10:47am
jeffro503 wrote:
I think Bogle is actually kind of a hot commodity. He showed some really good speed in those last few rounds after coming back from injury...
I think Bogle is actually kind of a hot commodity. He showed some really good speed in those last few rounds after coming back from injury. That kid is a diamond in the rough and has some serious potential! If I was a manager of any factory team , I'd be giving that kid a call real quick. Just my $.02.
Matthes or someone floated a rumor of Bogle on a Yami, teamed with Reed.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
9/25/2015 10:48am
Sandberm wrote:

Dude, if your going to post info on here maybe you should know what your talking about. Vince is riding for MCR for the upcoming 2016...

Hello!!!??
Well Put
Mike Alessi is Under rated he's had several Runner up seasons and has been getting better in Sx And Jeff will put it in The Mains too.
And MCR
Would Be A great option
For Any one who doesnt Land on Factory
Team IMO
jeffro503
9/25/2015 10:56am
jeffro503 wrote:
I think Bogle is actually kind of a hot commodity. He showed some really good speed in those last few rounds after coming back from injury...
Xeno wrote:
Matthes or someone floated a rumor of Bogle on a Yami, teamed with Reed.
Yeah I heard that too. And that would be a really good fit for him I think. Like I said , I think Justin has a ton of potential , and if he has a chance to maybe work with Reed a bit , he could soak up a lot of knowledge.
Tpog496
9/25/2015 11:24am
I think that the main reason that MCR doesn't get the respect that they feel they deserve is because they or people close to them don't always act professional. This guy coming on here claiming he's a friend of the owners and dogging Bogle is not a good look for MCR in my opinion. The Jeff incident and Tony's rant on pulp mx are other prime examples of the unprofessionalism that we've never seen from any of the other teams. If I was Bogle I would respectfully decline to ride for them for that reason. Not trying to put them on blast because like others said they are contributing to the sport but simply answering the question Moto_Hurricane asked.
9/25/2015 11:50am
Guys, I'm not saying Bogle is not a top top prospect for any team. What I'm saying is that the other teams have chosen to put their resources and budgets into other riders. Is that smart on their part? Maybe not, but at present that's the reality. I honestly hope the best for the kid as he's great rider.

And yes, if he can land on a factory supported Yamaha team that possibly could be awesome and maybe even better than the MCR gig, assuming a few things, 1) there truly is a Chad Reed factory Yamaha program 2) that the rumor of Bogle being the second guy turns out to be true 3) he or Reed can actually gel and ride the Yamaha to their liking and standards 4) that the Yamaha experience is great enough that it was financially worth it to him to potentially take a large pay decrease in lieu of the MCR deal 5) that it all turns out ok for Justin being very second fiddle to Chad, cuz we all know from seeing it before, that that can have a very negative impact on the second guy.

By the way tarz, Mike Alessi wasn't a runner up a couple of times, he has been runner up five times. As recent as 2012, on of course the MCR junk. The same year he finished 6h in the 450 SX series.

By the way guys no hate here, just trying to bring some clarity and food for thought.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
9/25/2015 11:59am
Personally i am a Fan of Mike And Jeff

I think Mike was looking food for a 450 outdoor championship in 2009

It reminds me of Eli Tomacs outdoor season
This year , very fast winning a looking like he could win the championship
Before Chrashing , almost just like Mike on the RMZ that year .
davistld01
9/25/2015 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2015 12:26pm
Always been a fan of Mike Alessi...no matter that I'm not a fan of the drama that he's had to be in the middle of for all these years. I think he'll do well on the Hondas as I think they fit his style more than the Suzuki did. I would really like to see him do well in 2016.

As far as Bogle is concerned, I think the Yamaha deal might be really good for him. Like Moto_Hurricance said, it could be great to be a teammate with Chad...and it can be a bad thing, all depends on how they get on & what their dynamic is as teammates. Chad Reed casts as big a shadow as Ryan Villopoto did...and we see how well being second banana that worked out for Jake Weimer.
DownSouth
9/25/2015 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2015 12:25pm
Alessi is very confusing to me in SX. His SX riding technique seems to have improved but over the last 3 years his finishes have steadily gotten worse. I just took a look through the vault, from 2013-2015 Mike has raced 50 SX main events and finished in the top ten 7 times with an average finish of 14th place. 2012 was his last good year.

Who knows, maybe the switch to Honda can help.
9/25/2015 12:30pm
DownSouth wrote:
Alessi is very confusing to me in SX. His SX riding technique seems to have improved but over the last 3 years his finishes have steadily...
Alessi is very confusing to me in SX. His SX riding technique seems to have improved but over the last 3 years his finishes have steadily gotten worse. I just took a look through the vault, from 2013-2015 Mike has raced 50 SX main events and finished in the top ten 7 times with an average finish of 14th place. 2012 was his last good year.

Who knows, maybe the switch to Honda can help.
It's called injuries from crashing and injury from past crashes. Last year his knee just locked up on him as the old torn meniscus floated in the joint and caused to lock requiring surgery and rehab.
9/25/2015 12:35pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't understand all the hate MCR gets here honestly. It's a private team in which the owner puts tons of his own money into it...
I don't understand all the hate MCR gets here honestly. It's a private team in which the owner puts tons of his own money into it , and actually gives rides to an extra 2 - 3 guys who may not of gotten help from any where else. I think what they do is awesome and it's nice seeing another team in the pits. I've actually become a bigger fan of Mikes and Vince both this past year , because they are a couple of underdog's with no factory help out there mixing it up with the factory guys. What's not to like about that?
Two words: Tony Alessi.

Some might argue five words: and Mike Genova.

I think everyone appreciates that Genova has put a ton of his money into the sport. But doing things like hiring the Alessis, putting Tony in charge, hiring Friese, lashing out at the manufacturers before earning respect, the behavior of management during lasergate, crayon contracts, not doing the nationals, etc. etc. has affected the perception of this team inside and outside the industry.

I have shaken my head through the years but I wish them well. Both Mike and Vince are hard workers and I like the way that Vince has cleaned up his act. Even Tony hasn't done anything too crazy since the crayon contract incident. I wish them well and I appreciate Genova's supporting the sport. But you should "understand all the hate MCR gets" - it's not tough to grasp.
9/25/2015 12:48pm
I hope they actually run the US series, including the nationals. Jumping around seemed to bring them less press than when Mike ran the nats. Whatever anyone says, Mike on a good day is a threat for a podium outdoors.
h&m_cycle
9/25/2015 12:54pm
I thought the owner of the team said they were running the GP's next year...

Post a reply to: Mike Alessi Riding Hondas??

The Latest