Mike Alessi

Grieby54
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2015 10:36am
Sorry if I missed it amongst all the black flag-gate threads, but I haven't seen one about Mike's heat race win. What a ride! He looked comfortable and quick out there.
|
RY4N37
1/21/2015 6:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2015 6:13pm
And he managed not to cry on interview this time, which is always a bonus. Shame he got injured in the main, thought he was finally gonna get a top 10
Mxdnusa
1/21/2015 6:22pm
RY4N37 wrote:
And he managed not to cry on interview this time, which is always a bonus. Shame he got injured in the main, thought he was finally...
And he managed not to cry on interview this time, which is always a bonus. Shame he got injured in the main, thought he was finally gonna get a top 10
He didn't.
RY4N37
1/21/2015 6:25pm
Mxdnusa wrote:
He didn't.
He injured his knee in the main. That's what he said on twitter anyway

The Shop

Insider347
1/21/2015 6:27pm
RY4N37 wrote:
And he managed not to cry on interview this time, which is always a bonus. Shame he got injured in the main, thought he was finally...
Mxdnusa wrote:
He didn't.
Really? Dork.
1/21/2015 6:28pm
RY4N37 wrote:
Thought he does have a top 10 this year?
RY4N37
1/21/2015 6:30pm
8686 wrote:
Thought he does have a top 10 this year?
Possibly. I don't actually know where he finished at A1 or Phoenix. But i know it's not where he wants to be
h&m_cycle
1/21/2015 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2015 7:04pm
from his twitter today, says he is near Ottawa & it's -6 degrees today,
Juss
1/21/2015 6:39pm
RY4N37 wrote:
Who gives a shit if he cries? Did it hurt your feelings? You fucking douce!
RY4N37
1/21/2015 6:46pm
Juss wrote:
Wtf? Calm down. I don't give a shit if he cries or not, I was just making a little joke about it, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has. I apologise, i didn't realise you were married to him
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
1/21/2015 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2015 6:53pm
RY4N37 wrote:
Juss wrote:

Wow...some of you guys are easily angered..make yourself a cocktail and relax Tongue
RangerLee
1/21/2015 8:49pm
Seriously, if I won a 450 sx main, I would cry too.

First I would cry wondering how the F*ck I got there, who drugged me to get me there, and it would just go down hill from that point....
shredder22
1/21/2015 9:29pm
RangerLee wrote:
Seriously, if I won a 450 sx main, I would cry too. First I would cry wondering how the F*ck I got there, who drugged me...
Seriously, if I won a 450 sx main, I would cry too.

First I would cry wondering how the F*ck I got there, who drugged me to get me there, and it would just go down hill from that point....
if you won a 450 sx "MAIN"
PJ205
1/21/2015 9:32pm
I know of a privateer that cried before his first night show gate drop because he couldn't believe that he made it to that point of his racing career.

Their goals obviously meant a lot to them so who am I to hate or ridicule? I get smoked by local kids every time I ride a track.
jeffro503
1/21/2015 9:51pm
From what Mike's brother Jeff said.....Mike was pretty bummed and that Mike had mentioned " My knee is done ".....Take that for what it's worth. But Jeff made it sound like we may have seen Mike ride his very last SX race.....like as in forever done. I really hope that isn't the case , because this is the best Mike has looked his entire career at SX....and I know that boy still has a lot of fire left in him.

The thing that really bugs me about Mike is ( and this comes from watching the sport for 35+ yrs )......He does NOT give himself enough credit. To me he seems like he's already beaten before he gets to the gate. If he could some how figure out a way to relax , come down from being so high toned and just ENJOY IT......I think he and everyone else would be amazed at what he could do on his bike.

He has always been capable of so much more......but for some reason he has always taken it " Too serious "......and lost all the fun and what the sport is about. When you chill out.......is when a guy can ride his best.

Get that fucking knee fixed Mike....and get your ass back out there! There is a lot more racing in your career to be done. You quit now , you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Just my $.02 here.
JM485
1/21/2015 10:38pm
jeffro503 wrote:
From what Mike's brother Jeff said.....Mike was pretty bummed and that Mike had mentioned " [b]My knee is done[/b] ".....Take that for what it's worth. But...
From what Mike's brother Jeff said.....Mike was pretty bummed and that Mike had mentioned " My knee is done ".....Take that for what it's worth. But Jeff made it sound like we may have seen Mike ride his very last SX race.....like as in forever done. I really hope that isn't the case , because this is the best Mike has looked his entire career at SX....and I know that boy still has a lot of fire left in him.

The thing that really bugs me about Mike is ( and this comes from watching the sport for 35+ yrs )......He does NOT give himself enough credit. To me he seems like he's already beaten before he gets to the gate. If he could some how figure out a way to relax , come down from being so high toned and just ENJOY IT......I think he and everyone else would be amazed at what he could do on his bike.

He has always been capable of so much more......but for some reason he has always taken it " Too serious "......and lost all the fun and what the sport is about. When you chill out.......is when a guy can ride his best.

Get that fucking knee fixed Mike....and get your ass back out there! There is a lot more racing in your career to be done. You quit now , you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Just my $.02 here.
Damn right, probably doesn't help when all anyone does is kick him when he's down, then keep kicking him when he's back up again! I feel like he's had to deal with problems mentally that no other racer out there has had to deal with, and I have a lot of respect for him pushing on and improving each supercross season like he does. Hopefully he is wrong about the knee and can push through Oakland this weekend, I'll be disappointed if he isn't out there!
Jeff alessi
1/21/2015 10:41pm
I'm pretty sure they got everything in his knee fixed, he had some stuff inside locking up the joint so that was the main reason he though it was done but as of right now he will be at Oakland signing and talking to fans he even said he may be able to be back racing in a round or two from now. Apparently it wasn't that big of an issue but he's gonna play it smart and get back when it feels right.
Joesbro
1/21/2015 10:52pm
I'm pretty sure they got everything in his knee fixed, he had some stuff inside locking up the joint so that was the main reason he...
I'm pretty sure they got everything in his knee fixed, he had some stuff inside locking up the joint so that was the main reason he though it was done but as of right now he will be at Oakland signing and talking to fans he even said he may be able to be back racing in a round or two from now. Apparently it wasn't that big of an issue but he's gonna play it smart and get back when it feels right.
I'm glad to hear that and I'm happy for him. I had the same thing going on in my knee and once the little fragment was removed it felt like a million bucks.
Jeff alessi
1/21/2015 10:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2015 10:59pm
I'm pretty sure they got everything in his knee fixed, he had some stuff inside locking up the joint so that was the main reason he...
Joesbro wrote:
I'm glad to hear that and I'm happy for him. I had the same thing going on in my knee and once the little fragment was...
I'm glad to hear that and I'm happy for him. I had the same thing going on in my knee and once the little fragment was removed it felt like a million bucks.
That's what he refered to whatever was in his knee. This believe it or not is the first knee experience us Alessis have gone through( other then the knee cap) so I'm hoping it's going to be alright soon.
jeffro503
1/22/2015 12:21am
Well that is good to hear Jeff. I know I'm just a fellow Vitard here , so maybe what I say doesn't mean anything. But from a guy who has raced / ridden for 35+yrs on top of following each race individually in the pro ranks and all the athletes....I think I have a good view on the sport as a whole. With that being said....I wish Mike the best and hope we all get to see him out there trying his hardest for the next few years.

Life is short and the window of opportunity for a professional racer is even shorter.....so I hope he makes the best of it. You only get one shot....and I feel Mikes best days are still ahead of him....not behind him. I hope we see him back out there hammering down soon with a big fat smile on his face and having fun. I'm tellin ya.....when you get in that mode , the results get better.......everything is just better. But what the hell do i know?
Jeremy200
1/22/2015 1:33am
He's definitely quicker - that's a stacked field and winning a heat this year is a big deal.
Julian
1/22/2015 1:55am
Mike looked absolutely great when he won that heat. smooth and controlled - obviously has done his home work - I too admire Mike that he can somehow halfway concentrate on his racing with all the stuff going on around him is amazing.

JUST when he (and Peick) get to their highest point, boom, the SX track design takes them out.

I, for one, would love to see SX tracks more like in the 70's come back, or at least a version of those tracks, where the riders are actually on the dirt racing most of the time rather than sailing through the air with the potential for disaster in front of them in the form of a HIGH pointed mound of dirt, every three feet around the entire track.
arvid
1/22/2015 1:59am
Why do americans cry so often??
1/22/2015 4:29am
arvid wrote:
i don't think they cry often.
but you have to consider that this is a living in usa these kids grow up racing day in and day out.
most off them did not go to public school and where homeschooled so they had more time on the bike probably spend months on the road traveling and going from local to national events just to make a career in this sport.

and for Mike the transition from amateur's to pro's has been very hard he was winning 9 out of 10 races in the amateurs against RV and other top riders of this generation, the moment they turned pro RV amazingly found something and ever since mike has been beaten more often than he ever was used too. It's not that he was not working or training for it and to keep coming back after some serious injury's and finally making a heat win in his pro career last year i can only imagine how it feld like after all those years working his ass off. i do admit it was a little dramatic and embarrassing at one point.

with his heat win last weekend you clearly could see he could cry but he managed to keep in control of his emotions and that makes me happy
Crush
1/22/2015 4:33am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2015 4:33am
Moens_Andy wrote:
i don't think they cry often. but you have to consider that this is a living in usa these kids grow up racing day in and...
i don't think they cry often.
but you have to consider that this is a living in usa these kids grow up racing day in and day out.
most off them did not go to public school and where homeschooled so they had more time on the bike probably spend months on the road traveling and going from local to national events just to make a career in this sport.

and for Mike the transition from amateur's to pro's has been very hard he was winning 9 out of 10 races in the amateurs against RV and other top riders of this generation, the moment they turned pro RV amazingly found something and ever since mike has been beaten more often than he ever was used too. It's not that he was not working or training for it and to keep coming back after some serious injury's and finally making a heat win in his pro career last year i can only imagine how it feld like after all those years working his ass off. i do admit it was a little dramatic and embarrassing at one point.

with his heat win last weekend you clearly could see he could cry but he managed to keep in control of his emotions and that makes me happy
Yep....

Outside looking in, on many of them, but especially Mike who was SOOOO heralded, I bet he's not thought of much else as his career has gone on and he hasn't maybe achieved what all would have expected of him...

Reality is, he's clearly nice, a bit odd, and still quick as fuck on a bike.

I'm sometimes nice, weird as shit and old and slow. So who are we to judge?

(Unless you punt someone. Then you're fucked!)
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
1/22/2015 4:46am
Shame! Mike was getting better and better! He looked awesome in that heat win. Sucks he's going to miss some races.
Sandberm
1/22/2015 5:52am
arvid wrote:
Because guys like Mike Alessi and Russel Wilson work SO HARD to be the best despite knowing the odds are against them and when they have a sniff of accomplishment it is quite rewarding.

Do Swedish athletes not cry much?
ChrisB10
1/22/2015 5:57am
Hope Mike can return soon he was riding great. Time to update motodynasty lineup though!
IWreckALot
1/22/2015 6:02am
I have a buddy that met Mike and I believe Jeff and/or Tony were with him at a whataburger somewhat recently and made him a huge fan of Mike. I've heard numerous times that the Alessis are cool as shit when they meet fans of the sport. I think most of us would change our opinion if we had the opportunity to sit down and talk to them but I know there are several people who wouldn't give them the opportunity.

Hoping for good things for Mike. Keep your head up keep charging.

Post a reply to: Mike Alessi

The Latest