bobby397
1/11/2014 9:33am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2014 10:15am
|
BAMX
1/11/2014 9:35am
1/11/2014 9:37am
Actually this is awesome.

Especially when you're legal.
If I wasn't cheating. ..I'd hint I had all kinds of illegal shit.

Those techs.....half those bozos couldn't catch a good cheat if they were staring right at shit.
jeffro503
1/11/2014 9:42am
No kiddin'! LMFAO! Now if we could get Mike to ride the rest of the 20 laps like does the first 100' out of a starting gate.....we may see a a new title contender.

No slamming Mike here.....i wish that guy luck the rest of the season. Dude put in the work this winter for sure.

The Shop

Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/11/2014 9:43am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2014 9:44am
I could see this being a long
Heated thread oh my!

Go get em mikey
i predict to see him finish in the top 10 tonight
1/11/2014 9:44am
Haha, he's actually very good at something and now he's taken for a cheater.

The guy just can't get a break. Hope he pins those holeshots again, let the haters cook some more.
Motodave15
1/11/2014 9:45am
I hope he gets a holeshot so big tonight in the heat and main.

Seriously wtf is everybodys problem with him being a badass starter.

anyway, God i hope mike alessi gets a main event win like andrew short... so the whole mx community can fucking implode
mx_563
1/11/2014 9:47am
They are just doing their due diligence. When I rider jumps out of the gate like Mike did, I think you have to at least look into it. It was pretty ridiculous.
Socket946
1/11/2014 9:47am
When your butt-patch says, "Holeshot"....You better be running on full kill.

I loved his heat race holeshot, and the AMA checking his gear, pure lulz.

Other than that, not a fan of the Alessis.
berno929
Fantasy
2477th
1/11/2014 9:50am
Speaking of Mike Alessi... he talked with Brett Metcalfe about the Canadian series... rumors are he might come up here this summer...
1/11/2014 9:50am
There's a picture from last week where every single rider is in line with all the others just as they're leaving the gate and then Alessi is a full bike length ahead of them already. It certainly looks suspicious.

I think it's good that the AMA are checking him out for devices. I know he isn't using any, I proved that he counts in a thread the other day but regardless, it's good that the AMA are being proactive and looking in to things that look suspicious.
PJ205
1/11/2014 9:51am
There's a picture from last week where every single rider is in line with all the others just as they're leaving the gate and then Alessi...
There's a picture from last week where every single rider is in line with all the others just as they're leaving the gate and then Alessi is a full bike length ahead of them already. It certainly looks suspicious.

I think it's good that the AMA are checking him out for devices. I know he isn't using any, I proved that he counts in a thread the other day but regardless, it's good that the AMA are being proactive and looking in to things that look suspicious.
Wow.
Trav138
1/11/2014 9:54am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2014 10:07am
Socket946 wrote:
When your butt-patch says, "Holeshot"....You better be running on full kill. I loved his heat race holeshot, and the AMA checking his gear, pure lulz. Other...
When your butt-patch says, "Holeshot"....You better be running on full kill.

I loved his heat race holeshot, and the AMA checking his gear, pure lulz.

Other than that, not a fan of the Alessis.
What s lulz mean?
*edit got it looked it up
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/11/2014 9:58am
There's a picture from last week where every single rider is in line with all the others just as they're leaving the gate and then Alessi...

You proved that he counts? WoohooWoohooWoohoo
ocscottie
1/11/2014 10:00am
berno929 wrote:
Speaking of Mike Alessi... he talked with Brett Metcalfe about the Canadian series... rumors are he might come up here this summer...
Speaking of Brett Michaels, SXLive RT'd a tweet of his and i was LMAO!!

"My first injury of the Supercross season and I haven’t even got out of the garage yet, lol. Fueled up, went to change the oil and slipped in it. Down I went onto a storage door. "

You cant make that shit up Laughing
kijen
1/11/2014 10:01am

well, then the AMA needs in inspect the gate, cause it the gate obviously had a malfunction for the mainSmile
Katoomey
1/11/2014 10:06am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2014 10:09am
is this for real? or are we being trolled from a tweet by Mike himself?

how on earth is a an electric light or a speaker faster than your own damn eyeball? It makes no sense at all.

Those idiots were lurking around here and saw that thread where the guy was proposing that. Even the guy who originally posted that was only about 10% serious and mostly just messing around.

How about the fact that he stuffed the gate in the MAIN EVENT. Thats not a giveaway that he doesn't have some super-duper-electronic-thing-a-ma-jig? what a bunch of tossers.

By the way i'm not sticking up for Mike. He's clearly "timing" the gate drop, which I think is lame, and cheap. I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, or that its cheating, but I certainly don't respect that. I used to think he had an amazing reaction time compared to the other guys, so I don't know why he would time the gate. It certainly didn't pay off in the end. It's just bad form.

I just hope the person whos dropping the gate really mixes it up from now on. like 2 sec one moto, then 8 the next. not just for Mike, but to keep everyone on their toes.
Hut
1/11/2014 10:07am
Seems silly. The Main event should have been all the proof they need.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
1/11/2014 10:09am
Let me get this straight....

They're checking for a light. That goes off when the gate drops. That Mike would look at - maybe even stare at. So he knows that the gate is dropping. A gate, which is accelerating toward Earth at 9.8 meters per second, squared. That has to somehow trigger some system that then relays and tells Mike that the gate is dropping. So he can see the light. So that he can then know that the gate is dropping. So he can grab the holeshot.
Does anyone else see the obvious problem with cheating in this manner? It's kind of like emailing yourself when you get an itch so you know to scratch.
ocscottie
1/11/2014 10:09am
Hut wrote:
Seems silly. The Main event should have been all the proof they need.
Someone must of read that ridiculous thread here from this week lol
berno929
Fantasy
2477th
1/11/2014 10:10am
berno929 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Speaking of Brett Michaels, SXLive RT'd a tweet of his and i was LMAO!! [i]"My first injury of the Supercross season and I haven’t even got...

"My first injury of the Supercross season and I haven’t even got out of the garage yet, lol. Fueled up, went to change the oil and slipped in it. Down I went onto a storage door. "

Michaels or Metcalfe? I said Metcalfe...
1/11/2014 10:10am

kijen wrote:
well, then the AMA needs in inspect the gate, cause it the gate obviously had a malfunction for the mainSmile
Er well no. The fact that he hit the gate in the main is just further evidence for him counting. He counted, got to his pre determined number that he thought the gate was going to drop at and dumped the clutch but the gate was still up.

Obviously I can't prove that he counts conclusively but there is plenty of evidence like I posted in the other thread. Yes he's naturally a good starter and doesnt always do it or even need to do it but his holeshot in the A1 heat was from counting.
ocscottie
1/11/2014 10:13am
berno929 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Speaking of Brett Michaels, SXLive RT'd a tweet of his and i was LMAO!! [i]"My first injury of the Supercross season and I haven’t even got...

berno929 wrote:
Michaels or Metcalfe? I said Metcalfe...
DOH! i read Michaels LOL its early here bro and i havent had a RB yet Blink
Motodave15
1/11/2014 10:15am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2014 10:15am
Katoomey wrote:
is this for real? or are we being trolled from a tweet by Mike himself? how on earth is a an electric light or a speaker...
is this for real? or are we being trolled from a tweet by Mike himself?

how on earth is a an electric light or a speaker faster than your own damn eyeball? It makes no sense at all.

Those idiots were lurking around here and saw that thread where the guy was proposing that. Even the guy who originally posted that was only about 10% serious and mostly just messing around.

How about the fact that he stuffed the gate in the MAIN EVENT. Thats not a giveaway that he doesn't have some super-duper-electronic-thing-a-ma-jig? what a bunch of tossers.

By the way i'm not sticking up for Mike. He's clearly "timing" the gate drop, which I think is lame, and cheap. I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, or that its cheating, but I certainly don't respect that. I used to think he had an amazing reaction time compared to the other guys, so I don't know why he would time the gate. It certainly didn't pay off in the end. It's just bad form.

I just hope the person whos dropping the gate really mixes it up from now on. like 2 sec one moto, then 8 the next. not just for Mike, but to keep everyone on their toes.
please explain how thats lame to time count the gate?!?!

like fucking really how is it lame??.... everybody should be time counting the gate drop, if they want that Hole-shot.

Its fucking dumb, how hes being critized for it.... should he sit on the gate aloof as fuck staring at Dianna Dalhgren or something?!?! I honestly would like to know, what else he should be doing on the gate... please do tell
1/11/2014 10:15am
what were his lap times for A1. if he was a second or more off the leaders this could get good. suppose he gets another monster hole shot in the main. we have seen that he is there to fight for it this year no way is he gonna let anyone have a easy pass.
so he could hold up the who ever is in second for a few laps and give the restof the "contenders" a chance to get bunched up....
Katoomey
1/11/2014 10:15am

suspicion should never out weight logic and/or critical thinking.
Electro21
Fantasy
66th
1/11/2014 10:19am
Falcon wrote:
Let me get this straight.... They're checking for a light. That goes off when the gate drops. That Mike would look at - maybe even stare...

They're checking for a light. That goes off when the gate drops. That Mike would look at - maybe even stare at. So he knows that the gate is dropping. A gate, which is accelerating toward Earth at 9.8 meters per second, squared. That has to somehow trigger some system that then relays and tells Mike that the gate is dropping. So he can see the light. So that he can then know that the gate is dropping. So he can grab the holeshot.
Does anyone else see the obvious problem with cheating in this manner? It's kind of like emailing yourself when you get an itch so you know to scratch.
Ha!!!
Katoomey
1/11/2014 10:20am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2014 10:23am
Motodave15 wrote:
please explain how thats lame to time count the gate?!?! like fucking really how is it lame??.... everybody should be time counting the gate drop, if...
please explain how thats lame to time count the gate?!?!

like fucking really how is it lame??.... everybody should be time counting the gate drop, if they want that Hole-shot.

Its fucking dumb, how hes being critized for it.... should he sit on the gate aloof as fuck staring at Dianna Dalhgren or something?!?! I honestly would like to know, what else he should be doing on the gate... please do tell
watching the pin fall like everyone else. are you that ignorant? have you ever raced motocross? you watch the pin, or the base of the mechanism (or the slow guys just watch the top of the gate)

there a reason the rules say "anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds" if they actually used all 10 individual seconds no one on earth could time it. 1 second one moto, 9 second the next. you could never time that.
Katoomey
1/11/2014 10:21am
Falcon wrote:
Let me get this straight.... They're checking for a light. That goes off when the gate drops. That Mike would look at - maybe even stare...

yeah, i see the problem with it. I addressed it 2 post ahead of yours. and in a post 5 days ago about the same thing, along with many others.

Post a reply to: Mike Alessi

The Latest