Michael Leib: Real American Racer

TeamGreen
5/17/2012 9:43am
Solidarity?

"Union"?

You know what?

S-T-F- U!

They were being Bitches: THEY WERE NOT "SAVING THE WORLD".

It's as if some of you don't know HOW TO READ.

Go back and read, indeed-Listen to, all the various interviews...this is about a Dusty Track...and in some opinions..."too super-crossish".

You know what? Blow me!

Dust? REALLY?

At an OFF-ROAD-OUT-DOOR RACING EVENT?

Please, those of you that placate these brats with that crap...feel free for ALL of you in the DUST FREE WHINNY BITCHES SOCIETY to NOT COME DOWN TO So Cal and ride with the regular folk.

Pussies.

Btw, you Solidarity Professing Whirled Peas loving Union Pontificating Love-In-Whilst you dangle from the balls of these whiners...

See you at the MXoN; and, be sure to bring your Rainbow Flags.
wawazat
5/17/2012 10:00am
Awesome, another thread talking about the same crap in the two other threads.

I got a text from someone who knows I'm not a fan of Leibs. Text said he won't be at Hangtown, take that as he is injured or he is doing the GPs, your choice. If true I know which way I'm leaning...

Should be easy to figure out, he can't get a ride here, and they have paid him to be a GP rider just last week. Will see.

Some guy with Jason Lawrence's old number seems to have gotten better over there.
dilligaf
5/17/2012 10:33am
wawazat wrote:
Awesome, another thread talking about the same crap in the two other threads. I got a text from someone who knows I'm not a fan of...

I got a text from someone who knows I'm not a fan of Leibs. Text said he won't be at Hangtown, take that as he is injured or he is doing the GPs, your choice. If true I know which way I'm leaning...

Should be easy to figure out, he can't get a ride here, and they have paid him to be a GP rider just last week. Will see.

Some guy with Jason Lawrence's old number seems to have gotten better over there.
Hey Trip!!!

The "He cant get a ride over here is TOTAL BULL$HIT!!!!" he has several teams that have contacted him about outdoors HERE! Leib has a full blown race bike and slot with us at Eleven 10 helping him even if we are small I would say the bikes are good. Now you seem to be one that wants to pick on him for HIS decisions and that is your right to do so. Just dont be shocked if people think you are a little out there and fire back! The part that some do not get is somethings have to go thru specific channels and when a father or someone shares "will make a decision in the next day" things can be held up a bit after. Leib has made a decision however just as other riders have they have to wait for the PR to come out. All I can say is the kid WILL be racing this weekend and HIS decision I think will shock a few given the dramas of the last week.

If you are at Hangtown stop by the little black box truck and say "hi" i'm sure TeamGreen will be around around our pits too.
jeffro503
5/17/2012 10:44am
I can see things from both sides of the fence here........

1st......I think the riders "should" stick together.......make a stand....because without them...there is no show.

2nd....ML and Anstie ( and the rest who decided to race )......this IS MX......grow some nuts....you are paid a lot of money. The track "Didn't" look that bad.....it actually looked pretty good I thought. I applaud them for going out there and racing and doing "their job".

The thing that bugs me about this is....all the riders sat out and didn't even take a sight lap.........they did it from the side lines? I agree the riders should stick together....but honestly....it makes ML and Anstie look tough....and the rest look like pussies. If you're going to boycott a fucking race......This track didn't look bad enough to do that. Just my opinion though.

The Shop

WeiserGuy
5/17/2012 10:48am
Just as Cash476 @ switch stated there isn't a RIDERS UNION so Leib, Anstie or any Mexican riders didn't cross no damn picket lines!! I'm a union worker @ I have insurance, pension fund, wage contract agreement @ multiple discounts to different organizations due to being a union member.. Do any of the GP riders have these benefits, because if they did I was unaware if they did,, oh yeah they DON'T..

I commend all riders who rode.. Leib @ Anstie more so because they will have to race these guys the rest of the year so that took some balls.. I also applaud their parents for raising them to be good people and good employees, this is their job. People can say what they want but until your their shoes STFU!!! Good job Michael, Max @ all the Mexican riders that raced!

Also all the wild stories I've heard about Max Anstie's pops I can't believe he didn't lay some wood to who ever spit on his son.. That's on my list of the most disrespectful things you can do to someone
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
5/17/2012 11:20am
This just goes to show, like many say, when all the post come up that the riders need to get together and hold out for higher pay-outs, etc. Not going to happen, you will always have someone "cross the line" because now they think they are going to finish 5 places higher because those faster than them decided to sit out to prove a point. My take on Leib's comments are that he didn't think the track conditions were good, but he wasn't going to sit out because it wasn't going to benefit him. In fact it would benefit him more by going out there because now he could improve his start gate pick. I don't agree with the riders flipping him off or disrespecting him, but I can see why they are upset that they took a stand and then a couple of riders went against this stand to beneift themselves and not the group as a whole.
TeamGreen
5/17/2012 11:30am
You guys can muddle the subject matter in ways that is f'n amazing...

Standing together for REAL CAUSES is a bit beyond where we're at on this one.

Furthermore, these very same Solidarity Wannabes have apparently sold their lesser-brethren out on the matter of "Pay"; so, one should do their homework prior to taking up signs and striking for "the Working Class".

You guys have this shit SO backwards that it is actually beyond explaining further.
wawazat
5/17/2012 11:42am
wawazat wrote:
Awesome, another thread talking about the same crap in the two other threads. I got a text from someone who knows I'm not a fan of...

dilligaf wrote:
Hey Trip!!! The "He cant get a ride over here is TOTAL BULL$HIT!!!!" he has several teams that have contacted him about outdoors HERE! Leib has...
Hey Trip!!!

The "He cant get a ride over here is TOTAL BULL$HIT!!!!" he has several teams that have contacted him about outdoors HERE! Leib has a full blown race bike and slot with us at Eleven 10 helping him even if we are small I would say the bikes are good. Now you seem to be one that wants to pick on him for HIS decisions and that is your right to do so. Just dont be shocked if people think you are a little out there and fire back! The part that some do not get is somethings have to go thru specific channels and when a father or someone shares "will make a decision in the next day" things can be held up a bit after. Leib has made a decision however just as other riders have they have to wait for the PR to come out. All I can say is the kid WILL be racing this weekend and HIS decision I think will shock a few given the dramas of the last week.

If you are at Hangtown stop by the little black box truck and say "hi" i'm sure TeamGreen will be around around our pits too.
Hey its all good, and I didn't say he wouldn't be racing, I said he won't be at hangtown. I'm at Glen Helen right now and the word is GP for Leib.

Who goes to the GPs if they have a good ride here? GPs are for guys who can't geta good ride here period.

GP guys want to come here, not many here want to do the GPs. AMA is the top spot for mx.
johansen
5/17/2012 12:07pm
TeamGreen wrote:
[b]Solidarity?[/b] [b]"Union"?[/b] You know what? [b]S-T-F- U![/b] They were being Bitches: THEY WERE NOT "SAVING THE WORLD". It's as if some of you don't know HOW...
Solidarity?

"Union"?

You know what?

S-T-F- U!

They were being Bitches: THEY WERE NOT "SAVING THE WORLD".

It's as if some of you don't know HOW TO READ.

Go back and read, indeed-Listen to, all the various interviews...this is about a Dusty Track...and in some opinions..."too super-crossish".

You know what? Blow me!

Dust? REALLY?

At an OFF-ROAD-OUT-DOOR RACING EVENT?

Please, those of you that placate these brats with that crap...feel free for ALL of you in the DUST FREE WHINNY BITCHES SOCIETY to NOT COME DOWN TO So Cal and ride with the regular folk.

Pussies.

Btw, you Solidarity Professing Whirled Peas loving Union Pontificating Love-In-Whilst you dangle from the balls of these whiners...

See you at the MXoN; and, be sure to bring your Rainbow Flags.
I read some tweets about no ambulance? But you're probably so cool that you don't need one like the "pussies".
Shawn142
5/17/2012 12:14pm
johansen wrote:
I read some tweets about no ambulance? But you're probably so cool that you don't need one like the "pussies".
All you guys should really listen to the podcast Matthes did with co-promoter (unofficially) Sebastian Tortelli this week. Tortelli explains his side and why he is so angry at the riders. Like all things the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but this whole situation with a rider strike had much more to do with them not being happy to be in Mexico than the track itself. They were going to find something to "strike" about no matter what.
dilligaf
5/17/2012 12:19pm
johansen wrote:
They had several ambulance there! I will admit it was not the typical GP scene in Europe but the medical staff and track met the FIM rule book that all can read. I think some may be a bit spoiled by the conditions in europe then at some fly away races they seem really bad. Yes Mexico was not ideal at all however the rumor of no ambulance is bs.
Shawn142
5/17/2012 12:27pm
Also if what Seb said was true some riders told the press they wouldn't race on Sunday either. Leading to the local media reporting the race had been cancelled Saturday night and Sunday morning. Seems to me like they wanted the attendance to be horrible so there wouldn't be another round next year.
PressPassP
5/17/2012 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2012 1:50pm
WeiserGuy wrote:
Just as Cash476 @ switch stated there isn't a RIDERS UNION so Leib, Anstie or any Mexican riders didn't cross no damn picket lines!! I'm a...
Just as Cash476 @ switch stated there isn't a RIDERS UNION so Leib, Anstie or any Mexican riders didn't cross no damn picket lines!! I'm a union worker @ I have insurance, pension fund, wage contract agreement @ multiple discounts to different organizations due to being a union member.. Do any of the GP riders have these benefits, because if they did I was unaware if they did,, oh yeah they DON'T..

I commend all riders who rode.. Leib @ Anstie more so because they will have to race these guys the rest of the year so that took some balls.. I also applaud their parents for raising them to be good people and good employees, this is their job. People can say what they want but until your their shoes STFU!!! Good job Michael, Max @ all the Mexican riders that raced!

Also all the wild stories I've heard about Max Anstie's pops I can't believe he didn't lay some wood to who ever spit on his son.. That's on my list of the most disrespectful things you can do to someone
It's all well and good having a rant here but did you read through any of the other threads to understand what happened before and what the riders and teams are generally up against? There's a lot more to it all than just the state of the track

If you don't have a union,and are nearly ALL of the same opinion about a load of things what exactly would you do?

But JUST on the track It's not just a case of a bit of dust,the track was dangerous in practice due to the dust and the water giong on was inadequate,it just wasn't enough,temperatures nearing 40 degrees didn't help.The local riders were so slow that they were felt to be a danger,let alone in conditions like this,the rulebooks were out with teams frantically trying to check the legality of their inclusion.
There were also the concerns of lack of medical back up/ambulances and security

Each to their own but personally I think I'd have sided with the protest,especially as there were more issues

There was a massive water tanker that came in later and the track was watered from 5 o'clock until midnight and what we saw the following day was the result,by the last Moto they'd turned it around.

To be fair I do feel sorry for the organisers as they wouldn't have known just how bad things were going to get when that number of riders were to take to the track,and maybe they didn't realize that some of the locals were that slow and were going to get lapped after a few laps,the race was on Mexican tv too which complicated things,hindsight comes to mind obviously but there you go

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/New-OTOR-issue-Mexican-Grand-Prix-verdict,1238605
wawazat
5/17/2012 3:52pm
wawazat wrote:

dilligaf wrote:
Hey Trip!!! The "He cant get a ride over here is TOTAL BULL$HIT!!!!" he has several teams that have contacted him about outdoors HERE! Leib has...
Hey Trip!!!

So I just listend to the Matthes interview and he claims he has to pay his own way if he raced here in the states. Meaning he didn't have several teams offering him a ride.

I know Don does alot of good things for people. I'm just calling it as I see it.

Your a family friend, so of course your on his side, that's what friends do.

I said all along he should ride the GP's, no shame in riding the GP. Kid is getting paid to ride a dirt bike, props to him. But reality is the GP ride is there cause he can't get a good ride here. No disrespect to your bikes, but your racing against Pro Circuit and Geico here, overseas he will be on a top team.

Like I said earlier, he is riding the GP series. That is info from an earlier text and talking to people at Glen Helen this morning. (I didn't believe the text, but I believe the guys I head it from today)
DL
5/17/2012 4:16pm
wawazat wrote:

dilligaf wrote:
Hey Trip!!!

wawazat wrote:
So I just listend to the Matthes interview and he claims he has to pay his own way if he raced here in the states. Meaning...
So I just listend to the Matthes interview and he claims he has to pay his own way if he raced here in the states. Meaning he didn't have several teams offering him a ride.

I know Don does alot of good things for people. I'm just calling it as I see it.

I said all along he should ride the GP's, no shame in riding the GP. Kid is getting paid to ride a dirt bike, props to him. But reality is the GP ride is there cause he can't get a good ride here. No disrespect to your bikes, but your racing against Pro Circuit and Geico here, overseas he will be on a top team.

Like I said earlier, he is riding the GP series. That is info from an earlier text and talking to people at Glen Helen this morning. (I didn't believe the text, but I believe the guys I head it from today)
Trip, Michael was paying his own way here with help from Mom and Dad for SX. For outdoors Eleven 10 plans to pit and haul his bike around and do what they could do to help with traveling expenses. It is not a bad deal and Michael has weighed it heavily. FYI his bike here is 100% competitive against PC and FC. The motor package that we developed is unreal. The fact is there is very little performance gap if any. The other fact of life is there are political issues beyond his skill level that make it difficult for him here. Official word on what Michael decided to do will be out soon.
wawazat
5/17/2012 5:23pm
dilligaf wrote:
Hey Trip!!!

wawazat wrote:
So I just listend to the Matthes interview and he claims he has to pay his own way if he raced here in the states. Meaning...

DL wrote:
Trip, Michael was paying his own way here with help from Mom and Dad for SX. For outdoors Eleven 10 plans to pit and haul his...
Trip, Michael was paying his own way here with help from Mom and Dad for SX. For outdoors Eleven 10 plans to pit and haul his bike around and do what they could do to help with traveling expenses. It is not a bad deal and Michael has weighed it heavily. FYI his bike here is 100% competitive against PC and FC. The motor package that we developed is unreal. The fact is there is very little performance gap if any. The other fact of life is there are political issues beyond his skill level that make it difficult for him here. Official word on what Michael decided to do will be out soon.
Hey Don, thanks for keeping it respectful.

Politics in mx? Unheard of..laughing. He is in a tough posistion here, his dad owning a pipe company has to create some problems with teams here hireing him. Once he gets results, his skill will make them forget his dad owns a mx related company.

I'm all for the privateer, especially from SoCal. Don't mistake what I've said about him as me not liking him or repecting his skill, or his character. I thought him riding on Saturday was a mistake. When your the new guy whether its a new job, or a new mx team, I don't think you make waves. Maybe him riding on Saturday got him his full ride for the GP series?

Either way, I'm done with this topic, look foreward to seeing him get good results in the GPs.

One last thing, when at the San Diego SX, I saw you were a sponsor for an autism awareness program. Having a nephew with the disease, major thanks for supporting that cause..

Good luck in Brazil, tell Michael to be careful, some of those girls are not really girls, if ya know what I mean..
DL
5/17/2012 6:13pm
Bottom line on Mexico. Dixon supported Simpson not ridding the MX1 race and also supported Micheals decision to race. The main point is that Michael and Antsie Chose to do a sight lap after a 40 minute delay where they watered the two turns that were very dusty. Michael and Max decided to race. No other MX2 or MX1 riders did a sight lap. Michael is not there to make friends. He was there to race. He already had an offer on the table from Yamaha so his decision to ride was based soley on his desire to race. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions as evident by the numerous posts. Michael, Yamaha and our family and friends support his decision 100%. I doubt there will be any fallout from the other riders. The FIM will be addressing the situation with them.
TX24
5/17/2012 6:22pm
I hope Mike races here.
mxactive
5/18/2012 12:54am
TX24 wrote:
I hope Mike races here.
Micheal Leib will race the GP of Brazil this weekend according his flight-ticket.

Michael Leib ‏@Michael_leib
Weird. Found this in my bag on my way to hangtown... #mindblown lol http://pic.twitter.com/D7N2qXqZ
jndmx
5/18/2012 2:30am
DL.....and dilligaf......you guys need to stop being foolish and listen to Trip.....oh I'm sorry "wawazat"
Sure you're Mike's dad and his mechanic but what do you guys know about Mikes's plans?

Trip is at Glen Helen......and he got a tweet.......that trumps paternity and actually talking to the guy everytime.

I mean come on...Trip is at Glen Helen man, that's proof enough for me.
wawazat
5/18/2012 7:07am
jndmx wrote:
DL.....and dilligaf......you guys need to stop being foolish and listen to Trip.....oh I'm sorry "wawazat" Sure you're Mike's dad and his mechanic but what do you...
DL.....and dilligaf......you guys need to stop being foolish and listen to Trip.....oh I'm sorry "wawazat"
Sure you're Mike's dad and his mechanic but what do you guys know about Mikes's plans?

Trip is at Glen Helen......and he got a tweet.......that trumps paternity and actually talking to the guy everytime.

I mean come on...Trip is at Glen Helen man, that's proof enough for me.
It wasn't a tweet it was a text. As it turns out I was right, he is racing the GP. The rest is just an opinion, its a message board, opinions will happen from time to time.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/18/2012 10:42am
Guys like Leib, Anstie and Emig are why there will never be a working riders union and that is ok with me

Post a reply to: Michael Leib: Real American Racer

The Latest