McCall Idaho ride

Heading to McCall today to go do some riding for a few days. I wanted to check in and see if any of you Idaho boys have any tips on the good stuff up there. I'm taking the new Husky 501s. Another buddy of mine was there last weekend and he found the rockiest stuff available lol. I'm looking for a bit of rock but I'd like to cover some ground as well....
Btw I heard "The Beast from the East" lives there now.
|
gjbruny
9/23/2016 9:06am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2016 9:08am
stay off the trails at first few hours after first light and last few hours of dark.... might get an arrow in a tire if you blow out the elk (they are really starting to talk now). its elk season right now. Wink

otherwise enjoy, great riding and really fun trails. you will probably have the trails to yourself... most of us that hunt those hills as well as the locals are probably hunting.
gjbruny
9/23/2016 9:10am
oh.... if you see a wolf... run the damn thing over. you will get a free pass from all of us bowhunters for blowing elk out if you do.EvilEvilEvilEvilEvil
PC
9/23/2016 9:19am
Hey dude!
When did you get a DS? And when are we gonna meet in the Cascades for a rip?
I'll ride down to Big Lake and we can explore your neck of the woods.

As for Idaho....click this link, find your area and then zoom in til you see the yellow multi use trails: ID trails

You'll be close to Burgdorf, which has epic riding, but it's getting pretty late in the season for weather. I was riding in Stanley basin July 10th this year and ran into a blizzard at 9700'. Shit happens real fast in them mountains, so be prepared for anything.

It's so damn epic though....best riding in the country!

Post a reply to: McCall Idaho ride

The Latest