Max Anstie.

After runnining his mouth off how he could be faster than Herlings,

He actually put two moto's together on the same weekend to get a 1/1 score.

Albiet with Herlings on the sidelines.

Unfuckingbelievable.
|
iudi2006
Fantasy
312th
8/19/2016 1:48pm
Anstie has been on it lately. I've been a fan of his ever since he had those couple seasons racing here in the US. The kid always had the potential to be great but something would happen or he'd get injured. Happy to see him put in some good results and hope we see him back in the States for the future.

You guys think he could battle up front for the 2017 250 Motocross title?
8/19/2016 1:58pm
iudi2006 wrote:
Anstie has been on it lately. I've been a fan of his ever since he had those couple seasons racing here in the US. The kid...
Anstie has been on it lately. I've been a fan of his ever since he had those couple seasons racing here in the US. The kid always had the potential to be great but something would happen or he'd get injured. Happy to see him put in some good results and hope we see him back in the States for the future.

Anstie is a bloody fast rider but inconsistent. Funny thing is, when Herlings is injured he rides really well. Look at last year & this year. But it seems when Herlings is racing, Max's form seems to drop for some reason.

He won't win the MX2 title next year because he has to move up.

The Shop

USMCMXer
8/19/2016 3:48pm
iudi2006 wrote:
Anstie has been on it lately. I've been a fan of his ever since he had those couple seasons racing here in the US. The kid...

He definitely could, but he is signed up with Ice One Husqvarna to go MXGP as he is too old to stay in MX2. He could do well in America.
mark1960
8/19/2016 3:50pm
iudi2006 wrote:

USMCMXer wrote:
He definitely could, but he is signed up with Ice One Husqvarna to go MXGP as he is too old to stay in MX2. He could...
He definitely could, but he is signed up with Ice One Husqvarna to go MXGP as he is too old to stay in MX2. He could do well in America.
We have all seen that play out before!
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/19/2016 3:52pm
iudi2006 wrote:

He's on it, no doubt. But I think we will all see how he stacks up with the US riders, when the GP's make it to the US. I'm not sure where he'll fit in, but I'd think it'll be outside the top 5 for sure. Herrlings will have a good chance at winning against our guys, but other than him, I don't see the other guys being able to hang.

If the US 250 guys went to Europe, he would have a much better chance. Just my opinion....
51xc
8/19/2016 6:11pm
he reminds me of justin hill. a lot of raw speed but unfortunately just so inconsistent.
brimx153
8/19/2016 11:01pm
iudi2006 wrote:

langhammx wrote:
He's on it, no doubt. But I think we will all see how he stacks up with the US riders, when the GP's make it to...
He's on it, no doubt. But I think we will all see how he stacks up with the US riders, when the GP's make it to the US. I'm not sure where he'll fit in, but I'd think it'll be outside the top 5 for sure. Herrlings will have a good chance at winning against our guys, but other than him, I don't see the other guys being able to hang.

If the US 250 guys went to Europe, he would have a much better chance. Just my opinion....
I disagree , I honestly think him and seewier are as fast as any US rider , herlings is on a different planet. He makes mx2 look slow and week . But it is far from it imo . Look who is winning mx1 . Herlings was sooooo much faster than him to and favbre as well . And they are not slow riders . Imo herlings will make the 450 s boring next year , and if you brought Webb over to any Euro track on the 250 herlings would be half a lap ahead of him . Ps in the last 20 year's I have only hated 2 rider s and whats strange is it is Webb and Herlings . I have met nearly every top rider in that 20 year ( as I d say have you) but they are the only 2 I will avoid as both are cocky little sh@t s IMO and not. People that are good to show off this sport personality wise
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/20/2016 12:33am
iudi2006 wrote:

langhammx wrote:
He's on it, no doubt. But I think we will all see how he stacks up with the US riders, when the GP's make it to...

brimx153 wrote:
I disagree , I honestly think him and seewier are as fast as any US rider , herlings is on a different planet. He makes mx2...
I disagree , I honestly think him and seewier are as fast as any US rider , herlings is on a different planet. He makes mx2 look slow and week . But it is far from it imo . Look who is winning mx1 . Herlings was sooooo much faster than him to and favbre as well . And they are not slow riders . Imo herlings will make the 450 s boring next year , and if you brought Webb over to any Euro track on the 250 herlings would be half a lap ahead of him . Ps in the last 20 year's I have only hated 2 rider s and whats strange is it is Webb and Herlings . I have met nearly every top rider in that 20 year ( as I d say have you) but they are the only 2 I will avoid as both are cocky little sh@t s IMO and not. People that are good to show off this sport personality wise
I guess we will see when the USGP rounds are over with. I'm not taking away their level of talent, but I just don't think it will transfer to American soil against the guys from the US. Now that I really think about it, I guess it will depend on who ends up riding the GP's. I was actually comparing his speed to all of the guys in the 250 class.
Sewwier has been pretty impressive lately too, but neither of them would be chasing a title if they were racing the 250 class all year in the US, IMO. Herlings.... I can't see anyone beating the guy, I'm pretty sure he could win here. And I agree with you on next year, Herlings will be a favorite to win races every weekend. I would love to see him come over hear and compete in the 450 outdoors, but it'll never happen....

Herlings is definitely cocky, as is Webb, but at least they can back it up. Cool I have never met Herlings or any of the guys racing the GP's, except Simpson and he was super cool. I used to see Anstie racing over here, before he returned to the GP's and he seemed a little cocky from what I saw, but I could be wrong on that one as I never had a conversation.
I have enjoyed watching Jeremy Martin beat Webb, but I think those days might be over, at least for next year. I was hoping to see how Jeremy would adapt to the RCH 450, but that deal fell apart and he'll be on the Geico 250 for another year.
8/20/2016 2:42am
Its easy to look fast when Herlings is out injured.............
RG1
8/20/2016 2:50am
Anstie believes he is better than every other rider on the gate apart from Herlings. When Herlings isn't there he knows he can beat everyone else so he has the confidence to go out and win. Anstie is a great rider though, I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes on the 450 next year. I think he'll go pretty well
Surly100
8/20/2016 3:43am
He's probably the 3rd fastest guy in MX2 after Herlings and Ferrandis. And he can give Ferrandis a run for his money on his day. Seewer is some decent competition for him as well.

Whether that will translate into MX1 success, I don't know. Look at Tommy Searle. Multiple time GP winner in MX2, but hasn't yet even podiumed in 3 years in MX1.

Hope it does though. Can see him being a Shaun Simpson level rider. Capable of top 5-10 finishes, and even winning in the sand.
mmcmx
8/20/2016 4:46am
brimx153 wrote:
I disagree , I honestly think him and seewier are as fast as any US rider , herlings is on a different planet. He makes mx2...
I couldn't agree more with you.

Post a reply to: Max Anstie.

The Latest