Matthes and Pourcel

aeffertz
6/9/2017 7:00pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2017 7:02pm
This thread is probably throwing a red flag somewhere with all the "CP" drops.
Nighttrain
6/9/2017 7:04pm
Sodipop wrote:
I've heard legendary stories about that guy
He can still stir it up.
Tuna
6/9/2017 7:05pm
Sodipop wrote:
I've heard legendary stories about that guy
Nighttrain wrote:
He can still stir it up.
GoRide is an amateur, he is the whipping boy of the Pro Forum. He's slipping, like an old boxer trying to hold on to his past glory days...
St Ann More
6/9/2017 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2017 7:27pm
agn5009 wrote:
Steve is basically the "eh, it's what we got" in our small sport. We all know he's awful. We all know he's got no class. We...
Steve is basically the "eh, it's what we got" in our small sport. We all know he's awful. We all know he's got no class. We all know about 99% of the riders can't stand him and don't respect him (most will put up with him just so they don't have to deal with this type of drama) and we all know he will soon say the wrong thing and will become completely irrelevant.

Here's what we know about CP. He's one of the fastest and smoothest riders in the world. He is better than 99% of the world at riding dirt bikes. Not many people can say they're better than 99% of the world at something. That's special and shows how good he is at his job. He's a guy that keeps to himself and doesn't cause drama. He's a guy that's been through horrific injuries but came back to win a bunch of races and continue to be one of the best riders in the world.

I love how Steve starts off by calling Christophe Samantha. Thats classic. Here's a guy (Steve) who probably has to take a breather halfway up two flights of stairs making fun of a guy who is a world class athlete and in tip top shape. Nice try Steve. Have fun getting roasted by some of motocrosses biggest fans because that's exactly what's going to happen. 98% of people here will stand behind CP.
Put the pipe down bro! The day Steve becomes 'completely irrelevant' is a blow to the sport.

No smoke without fire with Pourcel, nobody would argue about his brilliance on a bike though.

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
6/9/2017 7:39pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2017 7:39pm
DC wrote:
MX Matti wrote, Not really. He gets kicked out of parties with Monstah Chicks! This because he likes to bash on brands, but at the same...
MX Matti wrote, Not really. He gets kicked out of parties with Monstah Chicks! This because he likes to bash on brands, but at the same time he wants to be the cool, inner circle guy who enjoys the things that those brands bring to the Motocross world, he wanna enjoy the upsides that those brands bring to his world. If you likes to bash you needs to accept that being an outsider is your role.

MX Matti, I am enjoying this covfefe like everyone else. but this is a truly off-the-mark characterization of Matthes. He doesn't actually care about the Monster after-party -- he doesn't even drink and was headed home anyway -- nor does he care to be popular or well-liked. He's sort of an agent provocateur who people read and either like or dislike, but admire for his consistently honest (if not always agreeable) personal take on things. He knows moto, not after-parties, and you can tell by looking at him that pretenses and appearances are not core values (sorry Steve). He's a pundit, and an opinionated one at that, and I think he adds something to the fabric of this sport. I do cringe at some of his barbs and takes -- personally, I am a big fan of Christophe, and I know that CP377 wrote his own stuff here, not his wife Samantha -- but that comes with taking risks in your opinions and you kind of have to now to get a reader's attention.

He's the ultimate insider, as well as the ultimate outsider, because he's not in this to be accepted or invited to the after-party (and it just isn't an after-party until Matthes gets thrown out). Enjoy his stuff, or don't -- he's okay either way. He's as critical of me as anyone, and I get it because his points are built on knowledge and experience, and worthy of a look in the mirror... And then and only then a giant "Go @$%! yourself" if its merited, Because he knows moto enough to be critical, if not always completely informed of what's really going on in one truck or another. That's a sports reporter/journalist's role: to offer perspective on what the fans have already seen, and why the score is what it is, and why their favorites either won or lost, because they aren't always going to tell you why the scoreboard reads the way it does....

Now someone show him the door(s) please. Let's get this after-party started!!!

DC
Racer X
Dropping covfefe, brilliant.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
6/9/2017 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2017 8:09pm
Put the pipe down bro! The day Steve becomes 'completely irrelevant' is a blow to the sport. No smoke without fire with Pourcel, nobody would argue...
Put the pipe down bro! The day Steve becomes 'completely irrelevant' is a blow to the sport.

No smoke without fire with Pourcel, nobody would argue about his brilliance on a bike though.

What do you mean? In regards to Matthes, in the first paragraph only. Not Pourcel.

Edit:clarity
Tuna
6/9/2017 7:59pm
He means Pourcel is a polarizing figure and usually is responsible for the talk surrounding him. You know like hanging out in a kiddy pool in his own ghetto pit instead of sharing the teams pits, having a comfort dog and just the general weird aura surrounding him.
Sodipop
6/9/2017 8:05pm
Tuna wrote:
He means Pourcel is a polarizing figure and usually is responsible for the talk surrounding him. You know like hanging out in a kiddy pool in...
He means Pourcel is a polarizing figure and usually is responsible for the talk surrounding him. You know like hanging out in a kiddy pool in his own ghetto pit instead of sharing the teams pits, having a comfort dog and just the general weird aura surrounding him.
Yeah. But he's a better rider than literally everyone (Ok JS7 debatable) so good
early
Fantasy
2212th
6/9/2017 8:13pm
Tuna wrote:
He means Pourcel is a polarizing figure and usually is responsible for the talk surrounding him. You know like hanging out in a kiddy pool in...
Sodipop wrote:
Yeah. But he's a better rider than literally everyone (Ok JS7 debatable) so good
Do you realize how stupid this posts makes you look?
slipdog
6/9/2017 8:14pm
I have no opinion on the matter at hand, but I am glad I decided to look in and see what the hubbub was all about.

Now, carry on!
Sodipop
6/9/2017 8:15pm
Tuna wrote:
Sodipop wrote:
early wrote:
Do you realize how stupid this posts makes you look?
No. I believe in his talent. I
8tensolutions
6/9/2017 8:19pm
Sodipop wrote:
he's gone 30+2 anywhere. And won everywhere. Your opinion is trash
Haha. I am truly hurt.....just look at his finishes over the past few years.....not my opinion.
jeffro503
6/9/2017 9:04pm
Everything CP has gone through with injuries...I'm happy we at least get to see him out there. I've seen CP go down hard ( I mean really hard! ) in moto 1 up at Washougal....thought for sure he was going to be done the rest of the season...or at least moto 2. Nope!.....the tough son of a bitch lined back up for moto 2.

I've always admired guys like him , KW , Christian Craig , Josh Grant....their riding style looks effortless at times...while they are just strait hauling ass.

I'll also say that I'm super happy for the dude going to Canada. I hope he has a bunch of fun.
Sodipop
6/9/2017 9:13pm
Sodipop wrote:
he's gone 30+2 anywhere. And won everywhere. Your opinion is trash
Haha. I am truly hurt.....just look at his finishes over the past few years.....not my opinion.
Yeah. Top 5 nationals. Would have been top 5 but for injuries
Sargent Rock
6/9/2017 10:23pm
Mathes has lifted the veil on our sport in so many ways for the benefit of the fans
GD2
Fantasy
815th
6/9/2017 10:24pm
My goodness...
6/9/2017 10:53pm
DC wrote:
You have to admit, Matthes is on fire right now....

We just need a bouncer with a rake to put him out.

DC
Racer X
Hot is not always a good thing, the old prank of a burning paper sack full of shit on the front porch waiting to be stomped out comes to mind.

scooter5002
6/10/2017 10:56am
We have a pro with experience in such matters. Probably turn it into a family reunion type deal. Sort of.

Just sayin'.
dirtnapper
6/10/2017 8:56pm
This is a very weird thread.

I've got no dog in this fight, but to me CP took the high road ( extremely well ) and the other guy is sounding like a real dick and came across with a terrible, very disrespectful response. ( anyone know where the "Samantha" comes from...?? )

Anyway.
Sodipop
6/11/2017 12:28am
How is this in the dumbgeon. This is hof
PabstBR11
6/11/2017 5:30am
A lot of people jealous of Matthes' on here....

Ding. Ding. Ding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PabstBR11
6/11/2017 5:31am
dirtnapper wrote:
This is a very weird thread. I've got no dog in this fight, but to me CP took the high road ( extremely well ) and...
This is a very weird thread.

I've got no dog in this fight, but to me CP took the high road ( extremely well ) and the other guy is sounding like a real dick and came across with a terrible, very disrespectful response. ( anyone know where the "Samantha" comes from...?? )

Anyway.
Why don't you read the thread before commenting? Mathes said that CP wife Samantha types his interviews......
agn5009
6/11/2017 7:00pm

PabstBR11 wrote:
How exactly is anyone jealous? We're not talking about being Ryan Dungey here. Everyone is jealous of Dungey. Most people here LOVE this sport. Why would we want everyone who is relevant in it to hate us? Matthes is 100% irrelevant and has done absolutely nothing for this sport. He was a mechanic, which is great. But that was a long time ago and he's lost any credibility.
Tuna
6/12/2017 3:55am

PabstBR11 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
How exactly is anyone jealous? We're not talking about being Ryan Dungey here. Everyone is jealous of Dungey. Most people here LOVE this sport. Why would...
How exactly is anyone jealous? We're not talking about being Ryan Dungey here. Everyone is jealous of Dungey. Most people here LOVE this sport. Why would we want everyone who is relevant in it to hate us? Matthes is 100% irrelevant and has done absolutely nothing for this sport. He was a mechanic, which is great. But that was a long time ago and he's lost any credibility.
I'd wager to bet that Matthes is doing more for the sport than anyone posting in this thread....maybe more than CP.

Post a reply to: Matthes and Pourcel

The Latest