Matt Moss was wearing upper body protection

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 7/20/2015 8:50pm
big deal Matt....who needs that right?

Seriously I just ready on his Instagram that he normally doesn't wear it but because Matt thought the roost would be bad he suited up with the new Alpinestars A1 that is coming out. HOW IS THAT FOR TIMING? I wore my RXR at REM for the last time on June 20th and will purchase then new A1 when they come out.
|
nytsmaC
7/20/2015 10:08am
You know where this thread is going...

I'm just glad he didn't hit that thing head-on. Get well soon Matt!
RCB33
Fantasy
118th
7/20/2015 10:10am
Is there any update on him?
Idaho747
7/20/2015 10:18am
Is there a link to the product so I can check it out.
activeMX
7/20/2015 10:35am
The Rock wrote:
big deal Matt....who needs that right? Seriously I just ready on his Instagram that he normally doesn't wear it but because Matt thought the roost would...

Seriously I just ready on his Instagram that he normally doesn't wear it but because Matt thought the roost would be bad he suited up with the new Alpinestars A1 that is coming out. HOW IS THAT FOR TIMING? I wore my RXR at REM for the last time on June 20th and will purchase then new A1 when they come out.
So he wore a roost deflector for its intended purpose and you think it acted as body armor that did something it was never designed for? Protecting vital organs? I don't think so.

The Shop

Hman144
Fantasy
714th
7/20/2015 10:52am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2015 10:52am
Something is better than nothing.

I know manufacturers advertise these things as roost deflectors, but I'm here to tell you, through first-hand experience, that they can do more than that.

They've saved my bacon more than once. Got one with a nice big tire track across it after being knocked down in a first turn melee and run over. Can't imagine what my skin and ribs would have looked like without it.

Don't go down the road about apples and oranges; getting scraped up versus and full-on impact like Mossy had. I get it. Bottom line is something is better than nothing. And you never know when lighting is gonna strike.

What's the old saying- plan for the ride, prepare for the crash?

H

hvaughn88
7/20/2015 11:05am
The Rock wrote:
big deal Matt....who needs that right? Seriously I just ready on his Instagram that he normally doesn't wear it but because Matt thought the roost would...

activeMX wrote:
So he wore a roost deflector for its intended purpose and you think it acted as body armor that did something it was never designed for...
So he wore a roost deflector for its intended purpose and you think it acted as body armor that did something it was never designed for? Protecting vital organs? I don't think so.
So are you saying it didn't help at all?
7/20/2015 11:06am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2015 11:08am
Imagine a handle bar end into the chest or a foot peg across your back, with or without chest protector. It pretty much answers the question.

I have yet to meet anyone at the track that was fast enough, to claim a chest protector slowed them down. If Tomac, Roczen, Barcia and Dungey can wear one and go fast, then there is no reason not to.
7/20/2015 11:09am
Im pretty sure every pro out there right now wears some sort of chest protection, just under the jersey.
moore433
7/20/2015 11:15am
If I managed a race team, it would be written into the contracts that all of my riders would have to wear chest protection & neck protection every time they were on the bike if they wanted to be on this team.
So many injuries could be avoided by this IMO..
hvaughn88
7/20/2015 11:30am
Camp332 wrote:
And awaaaay we go!

i know, i know. Every time this happens it ends up the same way. Somehow, i sill get sucked into commenting, haha
The Rock
7/20/2015 11:52am
Hman144 wrote:
Something is better than nothing. I know manufacturers advertise these things as roost deflectors, but I'm here to tell you, through first-hand experience, that they can...
Something is better than nothing.

I know manufacturers advertise these things as roost deflectors, but I'm here to tell you, through first-hand experience, that they can do more than that.

They've saved my bacon more than once. Got one with a nice big tire track across it after being knocked down in a first turn melee and run over. Can't imagine what my skin and ribs would have looked like without it.

Don't go down the road about apples and oranges; getting scraped up versus and full-on impact like Mossy had. I get it. Bottom line is something is better than nothing. And you never know when lighting is gonna strike.

What's the old saying- plan for the ride, prepare for the crash?

H

Based on your reply I assume you didn't reed Matt's words "I don't usually wear armour but because the roost was going to be bad I did today"

I will locate a picture of what Matt was wearing later.....after I locate it.
Camp332
7/20/2015 12:03pm
Camp332 wrote:
And awaaaay we go!

hvaughn88 wrote:
i know, i know. Every time this happens it ends up the same way. Somehow, i sill get sucked into commenting, haha
keep it light. Make fun of the guys who take this forum stuff too serious, and don't even lift.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
7/20/2015 12:08pm
The Rock wrote:

activeMX wrote:
So he wore a roost deflector for its intended purpose and you think it acted as body armor that did something it was never designed for...
Sounds logical....
Flatliner
7/20/2015 12:43pm
RXR isn't a roost deflector. It's designed to protect. I know that's not what he was wearing, just throwing it out there.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/20/2015 1:58pm
Is any of the current MX equipment rated for collision with heavy equipment ? Angry
MHR401
7/20/2015 3:03pm
I cannot confirm a chest protector, roost deflector or knee braces work or even make a difference but I've always worn them so now I'm too scared not to put them on when I ride.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/20/2015 4:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2015 4:20pm
Camp332 wrote:
And awaaaay we go!

hvaughn88 wrote:
tylermx967
7/20/2015 4:31pm
MATT IS 1 OF MY FAVERITE RIDERS BCUZ HE RIDE SUSUKI A LONG TIME AND GIVED ME HIS GOGGILS AT FREESTONE
The Rock
7/20/2015 4:35pm
Camp332 wrote:
And awaaaay we go!

hvaughn88 wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
keep it light. Make fun of the guys who take this forum stuff too serious, and don't even lift.
On the subject of keeping it light this is how I used to feel but I got over it.
plowboy
7/20/2015 4:53pm
Cool is no longer a word that can be used in a description of my old worn out carcass. I would never consider riding much less racing without my full hard chest/back protection. Those that choose style over protection will probably regret it. .02 given.
Xracerdone
7/20/2015 4:58pm
No neck brace debate? He must have not been wearing one because all the Leatt guys would be up in this hizzy saying that is why he is still walking.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
7/20/2015 5:06pm
Pretty sure 2016 will be the year of the kidney belt.
917rider
7/20/2015 5:16pm
I've never liked chest protectors and pretty much stayed away from them for many years, till one day track was a little slick in spots my back end stepped out up the face of a jump landed side ways my front end tucked and I went straight over the bars catching the end of the handlebars dead in the middle of the chest .this part of the track was a pretty fast ski jump so I moving pretty fast ,I thought I cracked a rib (I wish) refused the dreaded ride in the ambulance but I got home and was in to much pain .turns out I bruised my heart and had a concussion on it u talk about scary .....4 days later and several heart test later I immediately went and ordered one and won't ride with out it .....would my injuries have been less server absolutely just... my 2 cents
The Rock
7/20/2015 5:19pm
Good one FTE!

On a serious note from what I have heard nobody will see what's coming next on the safety front if the rule I've heard being considered sees the light of day. If it is announced most will smack themselves in the forehead and go "why didn't I think of that!" Sometimes the best ideas really are the simplest.

NOTE this has nada to do with track stakes and banners or neck braces....or kidney belts for that matter.
plowboy
7/20/2015 5:29pm
917rider wrote:
I've never liked chest protectors and pretty much stayed away from them for many years, till one day track was a little slick in spots my...
I've never liked chest protectors and pretty much stayed away from them for many years, till one day track was a little slick in spots my back end stepped out up the face of a jump landed side ways my front end tucked and I went straight over the bars catching the end of the handlebars dead in the middle of the chest .this part of the track was a pretty fast ski jump so I moving pretty fast ,I thought I cracked a rib (I wish) refused the dreaded ride in the ambulance but I got home and was in to much pain .turns out I bruised my heart and had a concussion on it u talk about scary .....4 days later and several heart test later I immediately went and ordered one and won't ride with out it .....would my injuries have been less server absolutely just... my 2 cents
Yep...and since I started riding the woods stuff the handlebars aren't the only thing that plastic shit has kept out of my guts.
7/20/2015 5:43pm
This just proves after several decades of watching moto I haven't seen it all. That video was just ugly.
Xracerdone
7/20/2015 5:44pm
I wonder who the first Jouster to ditch his chest plate was?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
7/20/2015 5:51pm
Xracerdone wrote:
I wonder who the first Jouster to ditch his chest plate was?
Probably the last . . . Whistling
Drtbykr
7/20/2015 6:12pm
Forget mine Saturday, turned around for it. Don't feel right riding without it.

Post a reply to: Matt Moss was wearing upper body protection

The Latest