Matt Moss over Micheal Byrne

Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 9:15am
Rockstar Makita Suzuki signed Matt Moss to an open bike for 2010, and still no ride for Micheal Byrne,
|
Loose
11/13/2009 10:49pm
I would've too, nothing against Byrner but Matt is flyin'. He nearly matched Byrners qualy time today on a 250.
I've been hoping for Byrner to find that extra tenth for the last few years but he hasn't. Hopefully this will shake it up enough for him to go for it.
Congrats Mossy
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
11/13/2009 10:50pm
Matt Moss is on the way up, Burner is on the back end of his career
creed
11/14/2009 3:05am
Matt definately deserves the ride he has EARNED a shot.

2nd fastest to Chad in the 1 lap shootout today.

Wrapped up the Lites Championship with 1 round to go and just hope JAKE gets to show just how fast he is as well in 2010.

Nothing against Byrner but as Sharkey found out it won't be a walk in the park racing the outdoors in Australia for him either, he has had a great international career. injuries don't help anyone.
Jake-247
11/14/2009 3:50am
With all due respect to Bryner his biggest short coming is staying on the bike (plain obvious) but Mossy certainly deserved that ride and I wish him the best and hope he can show the US what hes capable of.

The Shop

RMZ819
11/14/2009 6:10am
Zacka 161 wrote:
Rockstar Makita Suzuki signed Matt Moss to an open bike for 2010, and still no ride for Micheal Byrne,
Guys like Bryne and Ferry are history. They have had great careers. Nobody is going to get paid to hang around anymore. Those days are gone. The 450 class will be as good as the 250f class in a fews yrs with the bump up rule. All the riders will be young and hungry. Guys like Milsaps and short better get there shit together this yr or they will be gone next yr. The days of 1 good race weekend supporting a 3 yr contract are G O N E!!!!
pilotdude
11/14/2009 6:25am
mccread wrote:
Aussies are taking over US SX!!!
You know mccread, I've never come across someone who loves to hate the U.S. as much as you do. You must get up in the morning just looking to do it some more.
mccread
11/14/2009 7:21am
mccread wrote:
pilotdude wrote:
You know mccread, I've never come across someone who loves to hate the U.S. as much as you do. You must get up in the morning...
You know mccread, I've never come across someone who loves to hate the U.S. as much as you do. You must get up in the morning just looking to do it some more.
huh? I think you missed the point...I love the US but there is a new wave of top Aussie talent coming to the US wanting to win.... that's all. It's nothing against the US as a country or their riders stop being so sensitive - if it hurts your pride to know that riders from other countries can compete in US SX that is not my problem.

I don't care if an Aussie, French or US guy wins its all the same to me-it's just good fun and makes the racing more interesting, I support the UK riders like Searle or Anstie.

Same with the GPs I like want the British and Irish riders to do well. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate and admire the talent of riders outside my own country like Cairoli, Musquin, Pourcel, Reed, Stewart etc

France are taking over in the MX2 GPs does that mean I hate GPs?
mxr102
11/14/2009 7:44am
mccread wrote:
pilotdude wrote:
You know mccread, I've never come across someone who loves to hate the U.S. as much as you do. You must get up in the morning...
mccread wrote:
huh? I think you missed the point...I love the US but there is a new wave of top Aussie talent coming to the US wanting to...
huh? I think you missed the point...I love the US but there is a new wave of top Aussie talent coming to the US wanting to win.... that's all. It's nothing against the US as a country or their riders stop being so sensitive - if it hurts your pride to know that riders from other countries can compete in US SX that is not my problem.

I don't care if an Aussie, French or US guy wins its all the same to me-it's just good fun and makes the racing more interesting, I support the UK riders like Searle or Anstie.

Same with the GPs I like want the British and Irish riders to do well. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate and admire the talent of riders outside my own country like Cairoli, Musquin, Pourcel, Reed, Stewart etc

France are taking over in the MX2 GPs does that mean I hate GPs?
Chad Reed has paved the way for the Aussies and his new SX Series. You have to like the guy for taking are Sport to the next level in Aussie. You have to respect CR22 for that.
KnowItAll
11/14/2009 7:50am
I thought the rule was that you have to ride the lites class for one year before you can move up to the 450's?
jeffro503
11/14/2009 8:04am
Is it January yet??.....God damn it , i need to see some racing!
DownSouth
11/14/2009 10:03am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:56pm
KnowItAll wrote:
I thought the rule was that you have to ride the lites class for one year before you can move up to the 450's?
I would guess that his Aussie SX title gets him around the advancement point system that the US riders have. Plus if you have a factory deal you can pretty much skirt all those rules anyway.

It is odd for a foreign rider to go straight to a factory squad on a 450 without a world championship on their resume. Reed, Townley, Reardon, etc. all had to take a deal on 250's first. I would guess that Suzuki got him at a pretty good bargain.
Snapper
11/14/2009 10:26am
Stoop wrote:
Matt Moss is on the way up, Burner is on the back end of his career
Quite true, Byrner still put some great rides in during the nationals this year coming back from injury.

Plus, Moss would be way cheaper....
TeamGreen
11/14/2009 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:56pm
If I had to guess...

Roger's building for the future AND he's got a SOLID rider(s) for "Right-Now" Results, too. Solid...YOUNG...Riders!

450's: Dungey is the "Right Now" on Roger's 450 Team (On the Podium, here & now...2010-2012). Moss is a young-gun that's got a shot at making a podium -AND- is a REALLY GOOD BET for the Future(This kid is young...he's got several yrs left in him. Does he, for sure, end up on a 450?)

Then there's the RockStar Energy/BK Motosports Team: Hahn(Podium?...aka "Right Now" results) and probably 1 more rider, unless he's gonna have 3 250F riders...

250Fs: Rogers got Austin.

Bill's got Morais, Baggettt and possibly another unless this "other" rider ends up on a 450...This "other" rider could even end up on Roger's truck: ya jus' never know. If I had to guess: This other rider is Jake Moss.

Austin's gonna be on the podium. Morais has the ability to be up front, too. That leaves the other riders as 'Development' riders for the future. Morais might even end up on a 450, ya jus' never know...

Everything about the "New Suzuki Teams" seems to make a statement about "team-players" and "work-ethic". There doesn't appear to be any room for the current "Me, Myself & I" mentallity in Roger's new program. BTW, Bill Keefe's new alliance w/ Suzuki and RockStar -IS- a big part of Roger's new thinking...his "New Program", if you will.

People like Ivan (Riders with really "Good Numbers" and pretty damn good results) were passed up for this plan to "Build for the future". I believe that this why a "Counter-Offer" of real substance wasn't made to Chad. Some believe that Chad may not have what it takes to beat some of this "new blood"; At-least, not after 2010 (And he jus' signed a 2- yr deal...) Btw, if they had signed Chad, there WOULD NOT have been enought money to build this new, bigger, younger team.

So, here's the thing: Burner doesn't play into this plan. There was a little bit of talk about him goin' to the "Keefe-Team"; but, that didn't go far. Truth be told: Chad was VERY instrumental in Burner's last year at Suzuki. Very Instrumental.

But, I could be wrong.

mxmaniac08
11/14/2009 3:46pm
Matt Moss rode a 250 2t then 450 for CDR yamaha in 05 i think it was. He was wild on the 2502t.. pleasure to watch.
sec114
11/14/2009 4:18pm
Zacka 161 wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:
Guys like Bryne and Ferry are history. They have had great careers. Nobody is going to get paid to hang around anymore. Those days are gone...
Guys like Bryne and Ferry are history. They have had great careers. Nobody is going to get paid to hang around anymore. Those days are gone. The 450 class will be as good as the 250f class in a fews yrs with the bump up rule. All the riders will be young and hungry. Guys like Milsaps and short better get there shit together this yr or they will be gone next yr. The days of 1 good race weekend supporting a 3 yr contract are G O N E!!!!
sad but true! it is what it is. and i am an old fart myself. gotta go and change my depends.
11/15/2009 12:32pm
makes sense to me , and i'm a burner fan...unluckiest PRO rider in the Us in recent years...
Crush
11/15/2009 2:09pm
You guys are forgetting probably the most important reason here...

Moss would sign for under 100k...

Byrne would be at least 350...

Same reason Yellow signed Dungey over Reed... He has a few more years in him and woulda been a load cheaper... Hence all the could offer Chad wasn't enough to keep him there...
Motodude
11/15/2009 2:24pm
Byrne has been on notice for a few years to be honest...behold the new generation of Aussie guns. They arent intimidated anymore, they feel they belong, in fact they think they own it now.
loftyair
11/15/2009 2:37pm
mccread wrote:
Ummm, CR, and who else? That's just 1 aussie, and he hardly took it over. He was in the right spot at the right time, twice indoor, and now once outdoor. Bring it on foreigners! I love the competition, and watching them get beat. But at least you guys try hard. But, watch out, the better you guys get, the more 'Americans' will come out of the woodwork to show who's moto-boss. I don't know why, but they just make them faster in the States.
Motodude
11/15/2009 3:08pm
mccread wrote:
loftyair wrote:
Ummm, CR, and who else? That's just 1 aussie, and he hardly took it over. He was in the right spot at the right time, twice...
Ummm, CR, and who else? That's just 1 aussie, and he hardly took it over. He was in the right spot at the right time, twice indoor, and now once outdoor. Bring it on foreigners! I love the competition, and watching them get beat. But at least you guys try hard. But, watch out, the better you guys get, the more 'Americans' will come out of the woodwork to show who's moto-boss. I don't know why, but they just make them faster in the States.
You guys are the foreigners.
Loose
11/15/2009 3:27pm
KnowItAll wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
I would guess that his Aussie SX title gets him around the advancement point system that the US riders have. Plus if you have a factory...
I would guess that his Aussie SX title gets him around the advancement point system that the US riders have. Plus if you have a factory deal you can pretty much skirt all those rules anyway.

It is odd for a foreign rider to go straight to a factory squad on a 450 without a world championship on their resume. Reed, Townley, Reardon, etc. all had to take a deal on 250's first. I would guess that Suzuki got him at a pretty good bargain.
Cooper went straight to the 450
loftyair
11/15/2009 3:44pm
mccread wrote:
loftyair wrote:
Ummm, CR, and who else? That's just 1 aussie, and he hardly took it over. He was in the right spot at the right time, twice...
Motodude wrote:
You guys are the foreigners.
hah! true. and aussie's are the 'bad boys' of where, England right?
Dsigner
11/15/2009 4:07pm
Yoshimura knows how to run a SX team! I'm sure they know who to sign.
11/15/2009 4:18pm
Crush wrote:
You guys are forgetting probably the most important reason here... Moss would sign for under 100k... Byrne would be at least 350... Same reason Yellow signed...
You guys are forgetting probably the most important reason here...

Moss would sign for under 100k...

Byrne would be at least 350...

Same reason Yellow signed Dungey over Reed... He has a few more years in him and woulda been a load cheaper... Hence all the could offer Chad wasn't enough to keep him there...
yep.....money talks crush.

Burner had his chance , i would hope mossy is getting more than 100k thou?

not sure how much cheaper dungey would have been to CR thou cause reedy was doin outdoors for bugger all.......

Post a reply to: Matt Moss over Micheal Byrne

The Latest