Matt Lemoine and Jab Motorsports Pulling Out of Outdoors

ML512
Fantasy
45th
Edited Date/Time 6/26/2015 6:03am
Geez... They're dropping like flies. Hope Matt can get things rolling for 2016.

Double-click to edit

Matt Lemoine: Sucks to say this and really upsets me but the @jab_motorsports crew will not be racing the remaining rounds of the outdoor series due to financial issues. I can't thank all my sponsors ENOUGH who have stood behind me no matter what and gonna take this time and get ready for what the future holds.
|
tomm55x
6/24/2015 2:32pm
Well that sucks I hope he can get a ride for next year.
mx_563
6/24/2015 2:41pm
That sucks. Matt's is the only autographed pro rider jersey I own. He hooked me up at Hangtown this year. Super cool dude.

BTW: Wasn't it Matt that clipped the jump at....I wanna say Budds Creek.... when he was scrubbing? This would have been YoT days. It was gnarly.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
6/24/2015 2:46pm
That's tough, he's a good dude. Hopefully he finds a good landing spot next year.

The Shop

kkawboy14
6/24/2015 2:50pm
Mx is a charity?

Ryan Clark interview on racerxonline is pretty telling, he stated only 12 - 15 riders are making money! Sad when the rockstar and monster girls make more than the riders
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
6/24/2015 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2015 2:58pm
Matt Lemoine: Sucks to say this and really upsets me but the @jab_motorsports crew will not be racing the remaining rounds of the outdoor series due to financial issues. I can't thank all my sponsors ENOUGH who have stood behind me no matter what and gonna take this time and get ready for what the future holds.

Looks like someone has been reading the message board!

It does suck! $50 per person in get into a national, $20 parking, $12 beers $6 hot dogs, title sponsers, go pro money, $30 tee shirts, track side banner money, etc... And these guys don't make enough to get to the races. wtf
Jrewing
6/24/2015 2:56pm
RonSkj wrote:
Matt Lemoine: Sucks to say this and really upsets me but the @jab_motorsports crew will not be racing the remaining rounds of the outdoor series due...

It does suck! $50 per person in get into a national, $20 parking, $12 beers $6 hot dogs, title sponsers, go pro money, $30 tee shirts, track side banner money, etc... And these guys don't make enough to get to the races. wtf
Spot on. But that's the reality of these times.
mb60
6/24/2015 3:00pm
Now if that young man is not given Millsaps ride for the remaining rounds there is something wrong with our sport.

Good luck to a hard worker finding a ride in the future.
Steve 396
6/24/2015 3:07pm
RonSkj wrote:
Matt Lemoine: Sucks to say this and really upsets me but the @jab_motorsports crew will not be racing the remaining rounds of the outdoor series due...

Yes it really sucks. Same thing on the amateur level in my humble opinion. Costs are very high these days. This issue has come up several times on this forum since I have been here so why doesn't someone "in the know" give us some incite on why the fee's are so high and the riders get paid so little? Conventional thoughts are that a few people at the top are just greedy but is that the case? I don't know... I do know that the high costs are driving folks out of the sport at the national and amateur level.

Good luck to Matt, hope he figures it out and makes it work for his future.
500guy
6/24/2015 3:23pm
Racing is and always has been about money, the ones who have it will keep racing and the ones who don't will race until it runs out.

reality sucks , quit looking to blame someone.
hammertime
6/24/2015 4:56pm
500guy wrote:
Racing is and always has been about money, the ones who have it will keep racing and the ones who don't will race until it runs...
Racing is and always has been about money, the ones who have it will keep racing and the ones who don't will race until it runs out.

thanks for reminding all these bleeding hearts of the obvious here. if lamoine can't make it with the big winners after 10 years....on with life. boohoo

newmann
6/24/2015 5:02pm
How many amateurs are out there on the factory support tit these days? Damn shame people making an honest go at the pro level can't make it to the races when all the money is being spent on burning out little johnny before he hits the big time.
endurox
6/24/2015 5:10pm
the jobless recovery strikes again
KTMShane699
6/24/2015 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2015 5:19pm
Steve 396 wrote:
Yes it really sucks. Same thing on the amateur level in my humble opinion. Costs are very high these days. This issue has come up several...
Yes it really sucks. Same thing on the amateur level in my humble opinion. Costs are very high these days. This issue has come up several times on this forum since I have been here so why doesn't someone "in the know" give us some incite on why the fee's are so high and the riders get paid so little? Conventional thoughts are that a few people at the top are just greedy but is that the case? I don't know... I do know that the high costs are driving folks out of the sport at the national and amateur level.

Good luck to Matt, hope he figures it out and makes it work for his future.
You'll never see a profit and loss sheet presented to the public. Especially one that shows true event costs. But, the show costs money to put on. Venue fees, security, medical, insurance (probably one of the biggest bills) all cost money. The track owner wants to make some money. The series promoter wants to make some money. In the end, it doesn't mean anyone is necessarily getting rich...but it leaves little for the riders.

They could pay the riders more. But don't think that increase would ever come out of the promoters or track owners pockets. They want to make a certain profit. Instead, the extra purse money would come direct from the riders in the form of even higher entry fees and the spectators in the form of higher parking and ticket prices.

As fans, it's not our place or responsibility to go to the plate for the riders to increase their purses. That's their job to stand up for what they feel they're worth. But keep in mind there's plenty of local "experts" from every area willing to race for little money simply for the chance to "make the show." Supply and demand. If the promoters have riders willing to ride, why should they pay more? It'll be difficult to get all the riders from all over on the same page. The riders with the most influence have already "made it" and aren't defendant upon purse money. They all have salaries and bonuses.

Let's be careful what we wish for, or we may price ourselves out of the event in the name of paying riders more.

Shane
Titan1
6/24/2015 5:31pm
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that racing is something that will be done at a loss. The factories (and some aftermarket companies i.e. Pro Circuit) can afford it because they don't need to make money off of it...they make money off of bike (or product) sales and racing is just a marketing expense for them.

All the privateer efforts (those that are funded by a rich dude as a hobby-even with factory support...including 22 Motorsports) will eventually fold because they aren't profitable, and rich people are rich because they don't flush their money down the toilet. The only exceptions to this rule seem to be RCH and JGR...but, as they say, the exception proves the rule.

I agree with the poster above...maybe these privateer efforts need to cut back on the pit presence some, maybe even eliminate things like flying to the races and they could stick around a bit longer.

Pro racers should be able to do what Pro Rodeo cowboys do...and make a living and fund their racing from the winnings. Sponsor dollars should be icing on the cake. Sure Rodeo cowboys don't have expensive bikes and parts and practice bikes...but they make hundreds of thousands of dollars IN WINNINGS every year, just by showing up to rodeo's.

It's a shame that the riders making mains, and qualifying for the nationals can't make it to all the races AND put food on the table just off of purse money.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
6/24/2015 5:31pm
You'll never see a profit and loss sheet presented to the public. Especially one that shows true event costs. But, the show costs money to put...
You'll never see a profit and loss sheet presented to the public. Especially one that shows true event costs. But, the show costs money to put on. Venue fees, security, medical, insurance (probably one of the biggest bills) all cost money. The track owner wants to make some money. The series promoter wants to make some money. In the end, it doesn't mean anyone is necessarily getting rich...but it leaves little for the riders.

They could pay the riders more. But don't think that increase would ever come out of the promoters or track owners pockets. They want to make a certain profit. Instead, the extra purse money would come direct from the riders in the form of even higher entry fees and the spectators in the form of higher parking and ticket prices.

As fans, it's not our place or responsibility to go to the plate for the riders to increase their purses. That's their job to stand up for what they feel they're worth. But keep in mind there's plenty of local "experts" from every area willing to race for little money simply for the chance to "make the show." Supply and demand. If the promoters have riders willing to ride, why should they pay more? It'll be difficult to get all the riders from all over on the same page. The riders with the most influence have already "made it" and aren't defendant upon purse money. They all have salaries and bonuses.

Let's be careful what we wish for, or we may price ourselves out of the event in the name of paying riders more.

Shane
Very true. Just look at how crazy expensive it is for a family to do weekend at a national. Camping, parking, entry fees, tickets for a family of 4 its an easy $1,000 weekend. Its NUTS! I dont know how much the rest of them are, but Washougal is damn expensive weekend.
6/24/2015 5:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2015 5:56pm
Raise

The

Purses.

Seriously. Sometimes the answers are simple. If they were racing for a pot of gold rather than a pot of copper, things would be better. The only money in this sport is in marketing. And the avenues to sponsorship dollars appear to be few.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
6/24/2015 6:06pm
mb60 wrote:
Now if that young man is not given Millsaps ride for the remaining rounds there is something wrong with our sport. Good luck to a hard...
Now if that young man is not given Millsaps ride for the remaining rounds there is something wrong with our sport.

Good luck to a hard worker finding a ride in the future.
I agree. That would be cool but i don't see it happening
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
6/24/2015 6:13pm
500guy wrote:
Racing is and always has been about money, the ones who have it will keep racing and the ones who don't will race until it runs...

hammertime wrote:
thanks for reminding all these bleeding hearts of the obvious here. if lamoine can't make it with the big winners after 10 years....on with life. boohoo

I hate to agree with Rick and Jay, Tongue but they have valid points.
JM485
6/24/2015 7:27pm
500guy wrote:

hammertime wrote:

I can't be the only one who gets pissed off when "fans" of a sport are constantly suggesting that riders give up and quit when things don't go their way? I mean come on guys, I've never seen a group of people so hell bent on getting people to exit the sport. You aren't clever, you obviously aren't very passionate about the sport, and you sure as hell can't understand that money isn't everything to these guys. Life isn't all about money, might as well experience all you can since you're only here once. . .
500guy
6/24/2015 8:19pm
JM485 wrote:
I can't be the only one who gets pissed off when "fans" of a sport are constantly suggesting that riders give up and quit when things...
I can't be the only one who gets pissed off when "fans" of a sport are constantly suggesting that riders give up and quit when things don't go their way? I mean come on guys, I've never seen a group of people so hell bent on getting people to exit the sport. You aren't clever, you obviously aren't very passionate about the sport, and you sure as hell can't understand that money isn't everything to these guys. Life isn't all about money, might as well experience all you can since you're only here once. . .
We don't want people to exit the Sport, We want people who have tried at the Pro Level for several years to start being realistic and for everyone to quit acting like it's a travesty.

brimx153
6/24/2015 8:21pm
500guy wrote:

hammertime wrote:

JM485 wrote:
I can't be the only one who gets pissed off when "fans" of a sport are constantly suggesting that riders give up and quit when things...
This
kkawboy14
6/24/2015 8:56pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2015 8:58pm
JM485 wrote:
500guy wrote:
We don't want people to exit the Sport, We want people who have tried at the Pro Level for several years to start being realistic and...
We don't want people to exit the Sport, We want people who have tried at the Pro Level for several years to start being realistic and for everyone to quit acting like it's a travesty.

It IS a travesty when a top 50 pro can't earn earn enough to make it to the next round!

It IS a travesty when EVERYBody else at the race is making money except the riders! (You know what I mean by everybody)
Sandberm
6/24/2015 9:07pm
If 17th place paid good they'd never retire so the next guy can get 10th through twentieth place in his attempt to become a top ten guy with a good ride....(hope that made sense)

I hope Matt gives 450sx a go next year. He might make decent coin if he can come in healthy and on a well setup bike.

Trav138
6/24/2015 9:40pm
sucks when amateurs get more support than the seasoned pros.
Grizz
6/24/2015 9:45pm
RonSkj wrote:

You should see how much it cost to race.
Crush
6/25/2015 4:38am
Another reason why it's crazy these guys have to pay entry fees, are sometimes limited in merchandising, that there are any exclusive deals preventing rider sponsorships, purse money is poor etc...

It's so damn exe, Euro has already seen some dramatically thinner fields at the top level, I wonder if a riders union will ever happen and help get a bit fairer spread to go around. Crazy how much someone like Matt who is only a few seconds slower a lap can't earn compared to the guys just up ahead.
brocster
6/25/2015 5:16am
So if all the guys (teams) that are making the show, but are struggling like Matt, pull out who fills in? Richie Rich that can afford the whole series??? That wouldn't be too entertaining with the top 5 or so money makers ("factories") running circles around 35 Richie Riches that got beat by Vickie Golden...
kkawboy14
6/25/2015 6:08am
If the outdoors get down to 21 riders will it be as good as the mxgp's?

Post a reply to: Matt Lemoine and Jab Motorsports Pulling Out of Outdoors

The Latest