Martin Davalos....

MtnBoy
Edited Date/Time 3/1/2012 5:20pm
So all you guys who said it was the bike holding him back, what do you think now that you've seen Wharton ride the same bike?
|
SlowMoFo
3/1/2012 9:10am
It's the damn bike, it has no training wheels!
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
3/1/2012 9:37am
Anderson, Davalos, and Wharton have all showed the bike can compete. From watching, it looks pretty good, sounds good, and gets great starts.
nytsmaC
3/1/2012 9:45am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2012 9:46am
It looks like he just doesn't care how he does in the mains. So frustrating.
MtnBoy
3/1/2012 10:34am
Anderson, Davalos, and Wharton have all showed the bike can compete. From watching, it looks pretty good, sounds good, and gets great starts.
I agree. If I was more motivated I'd dig up the old thread with all the idiots saying the bike was holding back Martin and that the team gets 0 support from Suzuki etc. etc.

The Shop

mxtech1
3/1/2012 10:57am
Maybe it's Davalos' mechanic.....?

Or maybe Davalos is difficult to work with on bike setup and is picky and critical of everything, compounded exponentially when Davalos' confidence is lacking...?

He HAS had alot of bike problems, but he's also created alot of problems for himself. When the team is providing identical bikes between teamates, the uncommon denominator here is each mechanic and the rider. Ask Davalos and his mechanic the same question about his bike and i'm sure you'll get 2 completely different stories. All we can do is speculate.
MtnBoy
3/1/2012 11:26am
I think the only thing holding him back is the fact that he isn't good enough to win a Supercross main event, it's not his mechanic, it's not the bike, it's not the set up...he's just not that good, he's had tons of chances on good teams and never been able to deliver the goods...that's the point I'm trying to make.
mxtech1
3/1/2012 11:38am
MtnBoy wrote:
I think the only thing holding him back is the fact that he isn't good enough to win a Supercross main event, it's not his mechanic...
I think the only thing holding him back is the fact that he isn't good enough to win a Supercross main event, it's not his mechanic, it's not the bike, it's not the set up...he's just not that good, he's had tons of chances on good teams and never been able to deliver the goods...that's the point I'm trying to make.
If he could ride a main like he's rode those heats where he has rode great and won, he could would win a main.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
3/1/2012 11:38am
MtnBoy wrote:
I think the only thing holding him back is the fact that he isn't good enough to win a Supercross main event, it's not his mechanic...
Its actually the exact opposite of that. He has all the talent in the world. What he does not have is the mindset that RV RD Reed Stewart Barcia Roczen Wilson etc have. Its not the bike, its not the skill level, its the mindset. He can win heats and they always have a couple other heavy hitters. And if you ask some of the pros theyll tell you that he sets some fast laps at the local practice tracks at times.
Sandberm
3/1/2012 12:06pm
He needs to borrow some movies JT$ for proper motivation.

He rides like he watches disney all the time.
TeamGreen
3/1/2012 1:06pm
He needs to learn how to get in there and fight for track position...and...he needs to quit "hearing foot-steps".

He's as fast as they come...jus' not a s confident...yet.

Me? I think someone like Grant Langston could coach him thru this...
Crush
3/1/2012 2:16pm
That team has had their bike gets holeshots a hell of a lot this year. and we all know Suzuki's handle well... it can't be that bad!!!!

On a side note, the Geico bikes look unbelievable... Sure Eli and BamBam are riding well, but i've not seen their guys struggle to clear a damn thing this year, and I can't say the same for the other teams...
3/1/2012 2:41pm
MtnBoy wrote:
here is the problem... Martin is good enough to win a SX.

What Martin does NOT want to do however, is win a SX, or even finish high up in the points. He wants to be on the board in practice, win or top 3 a heat, then get a dead last start and ride up to top ten, 9th'ish. Why? I've heard two reason, and to me, they both have teeth. #1. he is absolutely horrible on a 450, so if he gets too many points, hes out of the 250f class. which leads to #2. He doesnt want out of the 250f class! Think about it. He has something that someone will always gamble on in the 250f class... speed, top 5 speed. He can get paid decently. If he moves up, you show me 1 team that would pay him a dime to race a 450. ZERO. He would be considered a 15-20 guy at best. Know how much those make in our awesome sport? About a 1/10th what hes making running around in 11th in a 250f main.

thats life.
MtnBoy
3/1/2012 5:13pm
here is the problem... Martin is good enough to win a SX. What Martin does NOT want to do however, is win a SX, or even...

What Martin does NOT want to do however, is win a SX, or even finish high up in the points. He wants to be on the board in practice, win or top 3 a heat, then get a dead last start and ride up to top ten, 9th'ish. Why? I've heard two reason, and to me, they both have teeth. #1. he is absolutely horrible on a 450, so if he gets too many points, hes out of the 250f class. which leads to #2. He doesnt want out of the 250f class! Think about it. He has something that someone will always gamble on in the 250f class... speed, top 5 speed. He can get paid decently. If he moves up, you show me 1 team that would pay him a dime to race a 450. ZERO. He would be considered a 15-20 guy at best. Know how much those make in our awesome sport? About a 1/10th what hes making running around in 11th in a 250f main.

thats life.
Could be the spot on truth....
TeamGreen
3/1/2012 5:20pm
MtnBoy wrote:
here is the problem... Martin is good enough to win a SX. What Martin does NOT want to do however, is win a SX, or even...

thats life.
So, you forgot about the Monster-Vegas race in October?

Post a reply to: Martin Davalos....

The Latest