Mark Hucklebridge

jamma10
3/15/2017 5:54am
Ex GP rider and British Champion Mark Hucklebridge sadly lost his battle with cancer this morning. He leaves a wife and a young son. Not only was he a fantastic rider and coach, he was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

Rest in peace Mark.

Marks Story

|
CBird81
3/15/2017 6:31am
Top bloke from all accounts, raised over 100k for cancer charities after he was diagnosed..

Thoughts go out to his family. RIP mate.
MagMx08
3/15/2017 6:36am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2017 6:36am
That's terrible news. Was a big fan of Mark when he rode for chambers back in the day. My thoughts and prayers go out to all his family. R.I.P buddy.
Xeno
3/15/2017 6:49am
Rest in peace moto brother!

3/15/2017 7:23am
My thoughts are with the family he leaves behind today ,RIP.

Hopefully this horrible disease will eventually be a thing of the past for future generations.

The Shop

philG
3/15/2017 7:30am
Great guy, great rider.. he is pain free now. Long fight , well fought RIP MH
rompin87
3/15/2017 7:36am
As soon as I seen Mark Hucklebridge in the title I had a terrible feeling what it was. RIP Mark. Thoughts go to all those he left behind.
I may just bust some British MX dvds out later.
3/15/2017 7:40am
Sad loss to his family and to British Motocross and Motocross as a whole

Thoughts go out to his family at this sad time I'm sure they already know how great a bloke mark was and he will be missed

RIP
3/15/2017 8:17am
First see Mark ride when he was a riding schoolboys at Canada Heights in the Expert class. Knew straight away he was a talented rider & from then on followed his career. The scary thing is, he was the same age as me. RIP Mark.
3/15/2017 8:17am
Having known Mark over the years, he truly was the kind of person you aspire to become, such a gentleman and always a friendly face, i have never met anyone who can bring as much joy to a room as that man, even through his uphill battle for the last handful of years. He has done some amazing work, from riding schools to the 'Friends of Huck' charity. Mark far from lost his battle with cancer, as the work he has done, and the work his charity will keep on doing is making sure that he will live on through other means. R.I.P Huck
Sidecar
3/15/2017 9:12am
No. What sad news. Mark was an awesome rider, anybody who ever watched him race knew you were watching somebody giving 100%... Anybody on here remember when he got the British Championship moto win at Culham on the VOR thumper, even rival teams mechanics were cheering him the last few laps as the bike began to smoke worse and worse, great day.

RIP Mark.
1-forty-8
3/15/2017 9:45am
It seemed like he put up one hell of a fight.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Godspeed Huck x
3/15/2017 2:49pm
Been following his battle on Facebook through the Hope For Huck page, very sad to see this news. Raced against him a few times (by which I mean in the same race), never met him but by all accounts a real nice guy and a character around the paddock.
RIP
flymoto
3/15/2017 3:00pm
Such a shame. I have been following the hope for huck campaign on fb, good to see a lot of money has been raised for a great cause. Terrible to see that he has lost his battle with the awful disease. From what I could see, he was a fighter, and his family should be proud of him. Thoughts go out to friends and family. Rip.
robkinuk
3/15/2017 11:53pm
Sidecar wrote:
No. What sad news. Mark was an awesome rider, anybody who ever watched him race knew you were watching somebody giving 100%... Anybody on here remember...
No. What sad news. Mark was an awesome rider, anybody who ever watched him race knew you were watching somebody giving 100%... Anybody on here remember when he got the British Championship moto win at Culham on the VOR thumper, even rival teams mechanics were cheering him the last few laps as the bike began to smoke worse and worse, great day.

RIP Mark.
Mark was the English version of Doug Henry, facing adversity he dug even deeper and fought harder. Through his Friends of Huck registered charity they have raised £100,000 + pounds which has been used to help injured riders such as Adrian Mahoney to equipe a van to go watch Motocross again!
True measure of a man is that he works and helps others when in need, as that bastard cancer dealt him such a cruel hand.
Godspeed my friend......................
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
3/15/2017 11:56pm
Fuck Cancer! Prayers to the family.
DeStouwer
3/16/2017 1:43am
Sidecar wrote:
No. What sad news. Mark was an awesome rider, anybody who ever watched him race knew you were watching somebody giving 100%... Anybody on here remember...

RIP Mark.
Wasn't that Chris Burnham? Can't recall Mark on a VOR... But could be wrong.

My condolences to his family.
jamma10
3/16/2017 2:48am
Sidecar wrote:

RIP Mark.
DeStouwer wrote:

Not sure about Chris Burnham but Huck definitely raced a VOR for a year or two - in the early 2000's.
DeStouwer
3/16/2017 3:11am
Sidecar wrote:

RIP Mark.
DeStouwer wrote:

jamma10 wrote:
Not sure about Chris Burnham but Huck definitely raced a VOR for a year or two - in the early 2000's.
I remember Gert-Jan van Doorn and Burnham being factory riders for VOR in the early 2000's in 500cc. Van Doorn was in 2000 and 2001. I only remember Hucklebridge riding with Honda, Kawasaki and KTM. But again, could be wrong.
RG1
3/16/2017 4:51am
Really sad news. Mark was a really really top bloke. His attitude through his extremely difficult fight was inspirational. RIP Mark. Thoughts with his family and friends
3/16/2017 5:18am
RIP mark
remember seeing the MJ church boys over at mildenhall when i first started riding

3/16/2017 1:37pm
Great memory of Mark was around 2005 sat on the steps of the citadel at Namur watching the 125 class with my boy and Mark was giving us a running commentary, with about 5 mins left Mark excused himself as the 450 were next out ! It was a good 10 mins back to his pit to even get his bike but he was so polite and humble to have to leave us !
Great guy will be sorely missed by all.
a22
3/16/2017 2:08pm
Sad news indeed and utter respect to Mark and his family for doing the brilliant charity work to fight against Cancer- he fought it like a Champion and some more raising money, awareness and support.

Damn great rider also

.... and yes, think Mark was on the VOR and had some good results as well as a few breakdowns with that bike back at that time.

Sidecar
3/19/2017 1:56pm
DeStouwer wrote:

jamma10 wrote:
DeStouwer wrote:
I remember Gert-Jan van Doorn and Burnham being factory riders for VOR in the early 2000's in 500cc. Van Doorn was in 2000 and 2001. I...
I remember Gert-Jan van Doorn and Burnham being factory riders for VOR in the early 2000's in 500cc. Van Doorn was in 2000 and 2001. I only remember Hucklebridge riding with Honda, Kawasaki and KTM. But again, could be wrong.
I'm 100% positive that Mark raced the VOR for the Chambers team, the team switched to KTMs after a year or two and Mark stayed with them on a 520sx. Factory Phil Mercer also raced VORs, for Chambers and later the factory bike, I remember seeing him on it at Namur, the last guy I remember on factory VORs was Cedric Mellott (sp). I raced Husabergs and Vertematis through the late 90s and most of the 2000s so always followed the Euro thumper scene very closely, it remains my favourite era of MX, the 2 and 4 stroke battles.

On a side note, I just finished watching the first mx2 moto from this weekends GP, great little piece about Mark shown before the race started, nice to see.
robkinuk
3/19/2017 2:08pm
Just back from commentating at the opening round of the Acerbis Amateur Nationals, where we got everyone together for a minutes noise to celebrate Mark Hucklebridge's life.
We raised £466 from sale of Huck stickers to go to his charity. Most riders wore them with pride .
Godspeed Huck!

Yep
3/19/2017 3:03pm
He always had time for the kids, invited my 10 yr old son along to do his track walk at Uddevalla. Kind fellow

Post a reply to: Mark Hucklebridge

The Latest