Malcom out for Millville. Dehydration?!

Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
Edited Date/Time 12/10/2014 1:26pm
Pardon my ignorance, but how can a professional MX rider not stay hydrated? College or high school wrestler trying to make weight, or a bodybuilder I can see. But I don't understand. Someone fill me in.

http://racerxonline.com/2014/07/17/malcolm-stewart-to-miss-millville

Lucas Oil/Troy Lee Designs just announced that Malcolm Stewart will miss Round 8 of Lucas Oil Pro Motocross from Millville, MN. Below if the official press release.

Corona, CA: This weekend, the AMA Pro Motocross Championship heads to Millville, MN, and while one TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda Team member will be making his return, the squad will still remain one man short.

TLD's Malcolm Stewart will be forced to sit out of round eight at Spring Creek MX due to severe dehydration that has taken a toll on his kidney and liver function. Although he has been fighting through and hoping to feel better, the symptoms have proved too severe. On the advice of a medical professional, the only 450 rider on the TLD squad will be taking a break in order to recover.
|
7/17/2014 1:38pm
With all the secrecy in MX, and straight up lies, I have trouble taking press releases at face value.

Maybe Malcolm tested positive for something? or maybe he's going to race the GPs? or maybe he's getting surgery for a knee or something?
could he possibly be going big game hunting with RV?
gonemoto
7/17/2014 1:44pm

Sounds like he's pretty messed up with some unpronounceable shit.
Good luck Mookie
RbR
7/17/2014 1:44pm
Hard to believe a pro with the resume and resources of Malcolm would let his hydration go to the point of kidney and liver impairment. There must be more to the story ...

The Shop

4stroke4DWIN
7/17/2014 1:51pm
Unless that Rhabdomyolysis is a fancy name for low hydration lol.
hvaughn88
7/17/2014 1:53pm
Heres the definition Edited. here
obviously I have no idea what caused Malcolm's case, but the link you provided lists "severe dehydration" as a potential cause for rhybdomyolisis.
4stroke4DWIN
7/17/2014 1:55pm
Heres the definition Edited. here
hvaughn88 wrote:
obviously I have no idea what caused Malcolm's case, but the link you provided lists "severe dehydration" as a potential cause for rhybdomyolisis.
I missed that, hmm. You would think maybe a few of the crashes may not help it either.
coolhand
7/17/2014 1:55pm
Hmmm..BS

Maybe got the clap from a dancer and let it get bad?
bigborefan
7/17/2014 1:58pm
Problems that may lead to this disease include:

Trauma or crush injuries
Use of drugs such as cocaine, amphetamines, statins, heroin, or PCP
Genetic muscle diseases
Extremes of body temperature
Ischemia or death of muscle tissue
Low phosphate levels
Seizures or muscle tremors
Severe exertion, such as marathon running or calisthenics
Lengthy surgical procedures
Severe dehydration
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
7/17/2014 2:10pm
bigborefan wrote:
Problems that may lead to this disease include: Trauma or crush injuries Use of drugs such as cocaine, amphetamines, statins, heroin, or PCP Genetic muscle diseases...
Problems that may lead to this disease include:

Trauma or crush injuries
Use of drugs such as cocaine, amphetamines, statins, heroin, or PCP
Genetic muscle diseases
Extremes of body temperature
Ischemia or death of muscle tissue
Low phosphate levels
Seizures or muscle tremors
Severe exertion, such as marathon running or calisthenics
Lengthy surgical procedures
Severe dehydration
Thank you and gonemoto.

That makes far more sense. I simply couldn't see a top rider just getting severely dehydrated during practice. During a race, sure. I sure hope he gets well soon, I like seeing The Predator out there.
newmann
7/17/2014 2:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2014 2:20pm
Malcolm is a pretty big kid. Has he been trying to lose weight? Overdoing the training and not keeping the fluids flowing? Most of these moto guys are pretty small. Enjoy watching him ride, has good style.
hillbilly
7/17/2014 2:29pm
AC's dad had a cookout 3 weeks back,frozen organic chicken i heard.
Paw Paw 271
7/17/2014 2:39pm
Look, unless you have ever fought with this issue you just don't know how bad it can be. It does not take much to put you over the edge and you body starts shutting down.
I have been there and have done that and it's no fun and the sad part is that the damage it causes is lasting and make the issue much easier to happen over and over again. I lost half of my right kidney due to this and it's no fun.
I am not a fan of him, but......
Give the guy a break and hope for his speedy recovery.

Paw Paw
drmarkr
7/17/2014 2:41pm
The dehydration/rhabdomyolisis resulted in Acute Tubular Necrosis.....a type of "temporary' kidney failure, that the body usually repairs without longstanding issues.

He'll be lucky if he only misses one round.....
jeffro503
7/17/2014 2:53pm
Damn! get well soon Malcolm! Doesn't sound like anything to mess around with!
JM485
7/17/2014 3:41pm
I would think the extremes in body temp and severe exertion are more likely causes, but regardless, heal up soon!
ChrisB10
7/17/2014 3:48pm
Pardon my ignorance, but how can a professional MX rider not stay hydrated? College or high school wrestler trying to make weight, or a bodybuilder I...
Pardon my ignorance, but how can a professional MX rider not stay hydrated? College or high school wrestler trying to make weight, or a bodybuilder I can see. But I don't understand. Someone fill me in.

Lucas Oil/Troy Lee Designs just announced that Malcolm Stewart will miss Round 8 of Lucas Oil Pro Motocross from Millville, MN. Below if the official press release.

Corona, CA: This weekend, the AMA Pro Motocross Championship heads to Millville, MN, and while one TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda Team member will be making his return, the squad will still remain one man short.

TLD's Malcolm Stewart will be forced to sit out of round eight at Spring Creek MX due to severe dehydration that has taken a toll on his kidney and liver function. Although he has been fighting through and hoping to feel better, the symptoms have proved too severe. On the advice of a medical professional, the only 450 rider on the TLD squad will be taking a break in order to recover.
I bet you feel like an asshole now lol.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
7/17/2014 4:15pm
Pardon my ignorance, but how can a professional MX rider not stay hydrated? College or high school wrestler trying to make weight, or a bodybuilder I...

ChrisB10 wrote:
I bet you feel like an asshole now lol.
No, not at all. Perhaps if you read what I wrote in that post as well as the next one I left you wouldn't look like an asshole right now.

lol.
mjskier
7/17/2014 5:22pm
Over training would do that to you too (as some people found out the hard way doing crossfit.)
You body is like an engine: Too much performance tweaking and boom!

dirthead1
7/17/2014 9:52pm
And people (i.e. Lenny) think they have their financial shit together? Give me a break.
C.Worthy
7/17/2014 11:08pm
dirthead1 wrote:
And people (i.e. Lenny) think they have their financial shit together? Give me a break.
How does getting Rhabdomyolysis have anything to do with how the Stewarts keep their finances? "Dirthead" more like "Bonehead"
tvo314
7/17/2014 11:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2014 11:22pm
Damn, put the pitchforks away. I guess we'll have to find some other rider to crucify.
dirthead1
7/17/2014 11:25pm
dirthead1 wrote:
C.Worthy wrote:
How does getting Rhabdomyolysis have anything to do with how the Stewarts keep their finances? "Dirthead" more like "Bonehead"
Ok, dumbass. If you or your posse can't think to drink enough water, HTF you going to keep the finances straight?
tvo314
7/17/2014 11:28pm
dirthead1 wrote:
Ok, dumbass. If you or your posse can't think to drink enough water, HTF you going to keep the finances straight?
Wow, never mind.
kongols
7/17/2014 11:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2014 11:44pm
dirthead1 wrote:
tvo314 wrote:
Wow, never mind.
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Holy shit. I'm just shaking my head in disbelief...
tvo314
7/17/2014 11:47pm
kongols wrote:
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Holy shit. I'm just shaking my head in disbelief...
Yeah, I hope he doesn't get clicked too quickly, he's so ridiculous that it's kind of funny.
C.Worthy
7/18/2014 12:09am
dirthead1 wrote:
C.Worthy wrote:
dirthead1 wrote:
wfo250
7/18/2014 4:32am
With all the secrecy in MX, and straight up lies, I have trouble taking press releases at face value. Maybe Malcolm tested positive for something? or...
With all the secrecy in MX, and straight up lies, I have trouble taking press releases at face value.

Maybe Malcolm tested positive for something? or maybe he's going to race the GPs? or maybe he's getting surgery for a knee or something?
could he possibly be going big game hunting with RV?
Malcolm is making up excuses like his big brother. His I.V. picture
makes me so sad for him, lol.

Post a reply to: Malcom out for Millville. Dehydration?!

The Latest