Malcolm?

FalseNeutral
Edited Date/Time 11/24/2017 9:27am
Has anyone heard if Malcolm is racing SX this year? I remember seeing something about the compound track being tuned up and rumors but it's been radio silence since then. JS7 is clearly done, but hoped to see Mook get serious and put in a good year.
|
wasummer46
11/3/2017 8:38am
Patiently waiting for the entry list for A1. Really hoping to see Malcolm make an effort again this year, and if the #7 machine is on the list, I'm booking my plane tickets that day.
There was a interesting piece Matthes wrote in RacerX a few days ago that didn't include very much hope regarding either, although he has herd SR. is trying to get something for them both?

Fingers Crossed !
The Candyman
11/3/2017 8:39am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2017 8:39am
Yeah, him and James are racing for factory TM. The whole family is relocating to Italy and they are racing the GPs after SX and also some hard enduros. Rumor is Malcolm also wants a flat track championship.
FalseNeutral
11/3/2017 8:45am
Yeah, him and James are racing for factory TM. The whole family is relocating to Italy and they are racing the GPs after SX and also...
Yeah, him and James are racing for factory TM. The whole family is relocating to Italy and they are racing the GPs after SX and also some hard enduros. Rumor is Malcolm also wants a flat track championship.
I think people would still fly to watch this

The Shop

tprice07
11/3/2017 10:03am
Stewart's need an agent, plain and simple. Until they I have no faith in them finding a ride. A good agent wouldn't let their riders ghost the sport and industry they want to be involved in. They would likely return phone calls to teams interested.

That said, I think James is screwing Malcolm. Stewarts still have this hope of the Team Stewart with both boys on the same team. James' uncertainty is inhibiting Malcolm from taking a ride that was available to him. At the end of the day James' success will likely be what funds Malcolm but still ...James is losing me as a fan..not that he cares.
Brent
11/3/2017 10:14am
tprice07 wrote:
Stewart's need an agent, plain and simple. Until they I have no faith in them finding a ride. A good agent wouldn't let their riders ghost...
Stewart's need an agent, plain and simple. Until they I have no faith in them finding a ride. A good agent wouldn't let their riders ghost the sport and industry they want to be involved in. They would likely return phone calls to teams interested.

That said, I think James is screwing Malcolm. Stewarts still have this hope of the Team Stewart with both boys on the same team. James' uncertainty is inhibiting Malcolm from taking a ride that was available to him. At the end of the day James' success will likely be what funds Malcolm but still ...James is losing me as a fan..not that he cares.
James Sr. has burned a lot of bridges with potential sponsors, so i'm told by people who might know....

flatout111
11/3/2017 10:16am
Did Barcia take Milsaps spot? If not, Yamaha should look at Mookie. His bigger frame might suit the Yamaha.

I was wondering as well. If the team Stewart thing has happened yet Malcolm probably should go his own way and see if anyone will help just him. They are my two favorite riders. I understand James and the fact he may be done with it all but Malcolm is too young and talented to not have a ride. But he must get in shape and prove his desire.
Donovan759
11/3/2017 12:17pm
^^ This is more than interesting. The whole thing baffles me.
BobKerr
11/3/2017 1:10pm
The racing would be better with a fit and trim Malcolm out there, but it doesn't sound like it is going to happen.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
11/3/2017 2:25pm
BobKerr wrote:
The racing would be better with a fit and trim Malcolm out there, but it doesn't sound like it is going to happen.
Well he had two top 10s out of 15 races last season after taking all summer off in order to prepare for Supercross.
So yeah, I don't think we will see a fit Malcolm. Maybe he can do good on one of the short triple crown races
davistld01
11/3/2017 2:58pm
Although James Sr. loves his sons...and wants the best for them, me thinks sometimes he has been the point of contention that has caused more than a couple of deals for James and/or Mookie to fizzle. He seems to be too "hands on" and maybe like an earlier poster said, the guys need an aggressive but savvy agent that can be totally impersonal and be all-business. Maybe it's time for Big James to be on the sidelines.
deluxeman
11/3/2017 3:11pm
Highly placed sources within the industry are saying that there is a deal very close to being signed. Frito Lay is looking to have him wear the Cool Ranch Doritos logo on his gear. Also Keystone beer is looking to cash in after the success of Ronnie Mac and his Pabst deal. They are saying Malcom fits their demographic perfectly and don't want him to train or slim down AT ALL before A1. After about half season they are going to switch his sponsorship to Keystone light if he can drop some lbs's. I heard he will be riding a Sherco full factory bike.

Again this is from a Highly Placed insder.
305FC250
11/3/2017 6:23pm
He's too busy fishing. Could care less about him or James. Would rather root for Barcia and other people like him and Dean that really grind and show they want to be successful.
Rockinar
11/3/2017 7:50pm
Shake a stick in any direction and you will find a jobless rider that's more hungry and deserving than Mookie.
11/3/2017 7:57pm
davistld01 wrote:
Although James Sr. loves his sons...and wants the best for them, me thinks sometimes he has been the point of contention that has caused more than...
Although James Sr. loves his sons...and wants the best for them, me thinks sometimes he has been the point of contention that has caused more than a couple of deals for James and/or Mookie to fizzle. He seems to be too "hands on" and maybe like an earlier poster said, the guys need an aggressive but savvy agent that can be totally impersonal and be all-business. Maybe it's time for Big James to be on the sidelines.
I agree 100% but unfortunately I think it might be a little too late for him to take a step back, I would guess a lot of bridges have been burned at this point.
FalseNeutral
11/3/2017 8:12pm
The real question that everyone is afraid to ask is would he have a ride if he was white? We the good ole boy culture, it really makes me wonder if it doesn't play in at least to a small degree. Look at guys like Weimer and Barcia that seemed to really land rides better than they deserved at times based only on results.
DYE
11/3/2017 9:43pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2017 9:47pm
The real question that everyone is afraid to ask is would he have a ride if he was white? We the good ole boy culture, it...
The real question that everyone is afraid to ask is would he have a ride if he was white? We the good ole boy culture, it really makes me wonder if it doesn't play in at least to a small degree. Look at guys like Weimer and Barcia that seemed to really land rides better than they deserved at times based only on results.
Seriously? Even though I’m from ky I’m not the least bit racist (Which is a stereotype/discrimination I deal with). I follow them both. Barcia is out putting in the work, staying fit, and letting the fans/sponsors know what he is doing. I would 100% give him a ride over mookie if I had the choice simply based on that. Him and James ghosted the sport and it’s showing. You’ve got to have work ethic and drive to make it. Which one has it??
moto0852
11/3/2017 9:48pm
The real question that everyone is afraid to ask is would he have a ride if he was white? We the good ole boy culture, it...
Your slant on racisim is ridiculous. The real question is why isnt he riding or even practiciing? Barcia , Deano guys like that deserve rides because they "earned" them by buying there own bike and going out to race on there own dime. Can you imagine a Stewart showing up anywhere on a stock bike they bought in a van to a race and being in top shape?

Yeah, that really had a lot to do with race lol.
11/3/2017 9:50pm
No-one is afraid to ask that, it's just a dumb question that doesn't need to be asked. If anything his skin colour should be an advantage getting deals in todays world, but unfortunately it doesn't make a difference when you come with the baggage Malcolm does.
11/3/2017 9:50pm
that’s the real question? lol you’re an idiot. you probably watch CNN too
11/3/2017 9:52pm
i want you to look up Barcias results from the last three years and then look up James’ results from the last three years then ask yourself who is more deserving of a ride
DYE
11/3/2017 9:59pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2017 10:00pm
Melicar wrote:
Oh boy! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/03/223316/s1200_Screenshot_2017_11_03_at_9.53.37_PM.jpg[/img]
Oh boy!

I think that train (this thread) hit FalseNeutral
11/3/2017 10:07pm
Wow way to be a douche.
FARANG
11/3/2017 10:09pm
Nobody is too afraid to mention it, but they are too intelligent to think that is the reason. When they left Kawasaki big James slated them saying they’d finally be on decent equipment. Then they criticized the Yamaha and went to Suzuki and took massive dollars from Yoshimura without turning up to race (plus the drug ban and IV saga).

It’s true they are not liked by the industry ( I mean the teams not the fanboys) but it’s due to their behavior not their color. They burnt too many bridges and now Malcolm can’t get a ride. I certainly wouldn’t want James Sr strutting around my team like he owned the place and then blaming us when they left with a pocket full of cash and no results.

Malcolm can’t get podiums and doesn’t seem motivated so why take him and all the baggage instead of a young gun with a good attitude?
captmoto
11/3/2017 11:08pm
Horse shit. They need to get off their asses and ride. I keep saying this. Dean Wilson. Now Justin Barcia too. Show some heart, show some balls, get on a bike and get noticed. There's no reason for Malcolm not to do this. He has a lot to make up for for just walking away from the nationals when he had a ride. If I was a sponsor, I would be very leery of hiring him. He practically walked into bonus only rider status when he did that.
Are you guys still waiting on Elvis too?
kongols
11/3/2017 11:59pm
Malcolm did it on his own dime twice. At some point it doesnt make sense anymore.

Post a reply to: Malcolm?

The Latest