Make Des-Nations relevant again.

jeffro503
8/17/2017 4:20pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah....we know that trophy very well. In fact we have had it in our possession way more then your country will ever dream of having it...
Yeah....we know that trophy very well. In fact we have had it in our possession way more then your country will ever dream of having it.

Do I think the MXoN's is important?...... yeah I do. But 98% of the time , Our riders and teams are the ones who have to pack up and race over there. It's always over there. " Someone " has to flip the bill for that travel and shipping.

What a lot of you guys don't get ( On both sides of the pond ) , is there are two different main series here. The MXGP's and the American schedule of SX , Nationals and MEC.

The MXoN's race , is a 98% of the time European based. An AMA rider , weather foreign or not , still has to get his team involved enough to go do this thing.

We have two equal series , where 98% of the time , it gets held in the favor of one....the MXGP's. Which I totally get!! Because about 90% of those racers and teams are based there....so it makes sense to have the race there.

BUT.......That means our American based teams are always having to flip the bill for some big race every year , and they get nothing in return. The riders , the countries?......sure , they get bragging rights , but the teams who have to pay for it?

Just STOP....and think about it like that for a second.
ando wrote:
Boo fucking hoo. Have a think about the dozens of countries who have to travel to the event each year without the support of major sponsors...
Boo fucking hoo. Have a think about the dozens of countries who have to travel to the event each year without the support of major sponsors or factories, whose national body foots the bill, or in some cases the riders themselves.

When the nation who can most afford to go complains about the cost it falls on deaf ears.
Because their fucking countries don't have a series like our does. In fact with SX and MX here....nobody has a schedule like ours does.
ando
8/17/2017 4:21pm
struth wrote:
2007 n 2010 was in the USA.
You r only one country of many...
jeffro503 wrote:
Because Europe has like 50 fucking countries in it! That's why! How about instead of countries.....think of continents. We've had it twice........how many times has the...
Because Europe has like 50 fucking countries in it! That's why!

How about instead of countries.....think of continents. We've had it twice........how many times has the other continent had it?

Again....I ask , why is the MXoN's always held on the same continent?
You answered your own question - because it's a race between nations, not series.

Get over it.
jeffro503
8/17/2017 4:23pm
struth wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Because Europe has like 50 fucking countries in it! That's why! How about instead of countries.....think of continents. We've had it twice........how many times has the...

How about instead of countries.....think of continents. We've had it twice........how many times has the other continent had it?

ando wrote:
You answered your own question - because it's a race between nations, not series.

Get over it.
Jesus Christ. It does when all the countries competing live real close together , except for one.....us. Not all countries , but I think you get my drift.
ando
8/17/2017 4:29pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Because their fucking countries don't have a series like our does. In fact with SX and MX here....nobody has a schedule like ours does.
And in those countries, whose riders get paid F all, what do you think those riders do to support themselves when not riding? They work normal jobs. Jobs they have to take leave from to compete at something like the MXdN.

Whatever way you want to spin it, time, money or any other bullshit excuse you want to throw up is lame because hundreds of other riders sacrifice a great deal more to attend.

The Shop

ando
8/17/2017 4:31pm
jeffro503 wrote:

ando wrote:

Get over it.
jeffro503 wrote:
Jesus Christ. It does when all the countries competing live real close together , except for one.....us. Not all countries , but I think you get...
Jesus Christ. It does when all the countries competing live real close together , except for one.....us. Not all countries , but I think you get my drift.
By your logic then all the Southern Hemisphere countries should have hosted it at least one or two times each. Would that make you happier?
mauidex
8/17/2017 4:35pm
ando wrote:
Do you think that if the top riders asked for the MXdN to be in their contract it would be?
obviously the company that hires and pays then don't care so why should they add more "work"...........I get it, and I agree on some of your points, but bottom line is it just isn't important anymore to US teams and riders or it would be a non negotiable part of the contract just like a US SX or MX
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
8/17/2017 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2017 4:44pm
ando wrote:

Get over it.
Just to intervine here, it is a race amongst "nations" but 65 of the 70 races have been on one contientent. Do other continentents not have any Nations?
jeffro503
8/17/2017 4:44pm
ando wrote:

Get over it.
jeffro503 wrote:
Jesus Christ. It does when all the countries competing live real close together , except for one.....us. Not all countries , but I think you get...
ando wrote:
By your logic then all the Southern Hemisphere countries should have hosted it at least one or two times each. Would that make you happier?
Haha....are you talking Antarctica?

What I'm trying to say here is , the " AMA riders " either foreign or native , have to always make the trip over there. Year after year , it's easy for the GP teams , because they don't need to ship and transport anything. The USA , Brazil , Australia , Canada , South America , Mexico , and many other's.....we do , every year.

You're not getting what I'm trying to say here. It's always on the same spot on planet earth. Maybe move the fucking race around a little bit? It's always in fucking Europe! Always.
jeffro503
8/17/2017 4:45pm
ando wrote:

Get over it.
Park Boys wrote:
Just to intervine here, it is a race amongst "nations" but 65 of the 70 races have been on one contientent. Do other continentents not have...
Just to intervine here, it is a race amongst "nations" but 65 of the 70 races have been on one contientent. Do other continentents not have any Nations?
God damn it! Finally....someone is speaking my language on what I'm trying to say here.
malachi177
8/17/2017 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2017 5:30pm
ando wrote:

Get over it.
Park Boys wrote:
Just to intervine here, it is a race amongst "nations" but 65 of the 70 races have been on one contientent. Do other continentents not have...
jeffro503 wrote:
God damn it! Finally....someone is speaking my language on what I'm trying to say here.
Breath JeffroLaughing I think it's the biggest race of the year. I am pissed that I've never been able to go to one and take it all in. You do have a very good point, it's always in Europe. For everyone to say that's not a little bit odd is ignorant. Why not Australia? Here in Canada? Somewhere in South America?, hell even Russia, or Japan?

edit... England isn't in Europe but still.....lol
RG1
8/17/2017 5:38pm
jeffro503 wrote:
ando wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha....are you talking Antarctica? What I'm trying to say here is , the " AMA riders " either foreign or native , have to always make...

What I'm trying to say here is , the " AMA riders " either foreign or native , have to always make the trip over there. Year after year , it's easy for the GP teams , because they don't need to ship and transport anything. The USA , Brazil , Australia , Canada , South America , Mexico , and many other's.....we do , every year.

You're not getting what I'm trying to say here. It's always on the same spot on planet earth. Maybe move the fucking race around a little bit? It's always in fucking Europe! Always.
I get your point, I think the race should move a little more than it does. For example I wasn't pumped at Ernee in 2015 when they announced that the event would be there again in 2020, and when there were rumours that it was going back to Teutschenthal in '18 I wasn't to keen on that either. The problem is that out of 35-40 countries that compete, 30 of them are European, and many have them have zero budget, so getting them to an event outside Europe any more often than once every 3-4 years is a stretch. They say with this new partnership between YS and MX sports we should see a MXdN in the US every 4-5 years. Which is fine, but it doesn't leave much scope for venturing too far away anywhere else. I'd like to see one where they have the GP in Argentina. Or one in Australia/NZ. But the chances of that happening and having one in the US every 4-5 years is unlikely. I'd like to see them move the event around Europe more too. I went to Latvia and it was probably the best MXdN I've been to ask far as overall weekend experience goes. I think they should go to Sweden or Spain/Portugal and more of the central European countries like Poland, Slovenia
Yep
8/17/2017 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2017 6:03pm
Hold it at Namur one last time, see how the riders drool over having that Chamberlain Trophy on the shelf. What a concept.
Edit: brainstorm, hold it at former historic tracks world wide as a one off event every year. All riders virgins to the track plus having the history laced into the event?
F.B
8/17/2017 7:17pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha....are you talking Antarctica? What I'm trying to say here is , the " AMA riders " either foreign or native , have to always make...

Exactly! Those commie euros are always trying to keep the event in their backyard. Why didn't they give the event to...let's say Glen Helen for example instead of Matterley this year? Oh wait...
jeffro503
8/17/2017 7:25pm
jeffro503 wrote:

F.B wrote:
Exactly! Those commie euros are always trying to keep the event in their backyard. Why didn't they give the event to...let's say Glen Helen for example...
Exactly! Those commie euros are always trying to keep the event in their backyard. Why didn't they give the event to...let's say Glen Helen for example instead of Matterley this year? Oh wait...
Oh wait what? Was there a point to what you just asked? It made no sense.
tempura
8/17/2017 7:31pm
He's saying the event was offered to a US track (Glen Helen) to be held this year, but was abandoned and so it ended up back in Europe.
US did have a chance to host it this year.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
8/17/2017 7:35pm
F.B wrote:
Exactly! Those commie euros are always trying to keep the event in their backyard. Why didn't they give the event to...let's say Glen Helen for example...
yes, thats twice now that the promotor of the des nations in California has pulled out, atleast Glen Helen gave plenty of notice,

i agree it should be in the US or canada about every 5 years, and then should go to NZ/ Australia/Japan or somewhere else in Asia in that 5 year period as well, 3 in europe, 2 else where seems about right to me,
YamahaJT1
8/17/2017 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2017 8:47pm
scott_nz wrote:
yes, thats twice now that the promotor of the des nations in California has pulled out, atleast Glen Helen gave plenty of notice, i agree it...
yes, thats twice now that the promotor of the des nations in California has pulled out, atleast Glen Helen gave plenty of notice,

i agree it should be in the US or canada about every 5 years, and then should go to NZ/ Australia/Japan or somewhere else in Asia in that 5 year period as well, 3 in europe, 2 else where seems about right to me,
And would you care to elaborate as to WHY the promoter pulled out twice?

I was under the distinct impression that MXdN/MXoN was allegedly purely in the spirit of competition?

So GH, etc. couldn't promise a gate profit to Guislurpee and crew. They said sorry, we cannot meet your greedy demands sans the option of losing our ass financially. Some even playing field, Huh? Shouldn't every participating nation "Pony Up" to pay the bills every year? Pro-rated due to GDP? LOL!

U.S.A. has been supporting many unfortunate nations for far too long. Right or wrong? Your call. You may call it meddling? Shouldn't a consortium be formed so the "poor" nations can participate EVERYWHERE?

Some assholes here say, "Yeah, the U.S.A. can afford it most, so WTF is the problem?" "Suck it up, wealthy U.S.A., saddle up and race in our casa/abbito/house, etc." Fuck that, it is essentially asking for a handout requesting the U.S.A show up without consideration of costs/risk/reward and an opportunity to take a shot at the "BIG DOG" without risk on their part.

Maybe overseas Moto is far more popular? In The United States of America, we have plenty of professional sport diversions as well. Moto is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Think NBA/NFL/MLB.

And we STILL kick ASS at Moto despite it all. The record proves it.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/17/2017 8:36pm
I summarize: the people that say the race is irrelevant are the ones that write pages and pages defending themselves in various threads

Ay nobody got time fo dah
tempura
8/17/2017 8:55pm
crusty_xx wrote:
I summarize: the people that say the race is irrelevant are the ones that write pages and pages defending themselves in various threads Ay nobody got...
I summarize: the people that say the race is irrelevant are the ones that write pages and pages defending themselves in various threads

True.
Complain about the cost of hosting the event, complain about the cost and having to travel to the event, complain about the timing of the event and sending "B" teams.
Then to say it is irrelevant and has lost its luster...and in the same breath reminding everyone they have dominated and won it the most.
Come on guys, just enjoy the event and get behind the guys willing and proud to race. It's a fantastic event, and is a real shame people are being so negative about it.
kongols
8/17/2017 9:02pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah....we know that trophy very well. In fact we have had it in our possession way more then your country will ever dream of having it...
Yeah....we know that trophy very well. In fact we have had it in our possession way more then your country will ever dream of having it.

Do I think the MXoN's is important?...... yeah I do. But 98% of the time , Our riders and teams are the ones who have to pack up and race over there. It's always over there. " Someone " has to flip the bill for that travel and shipping.

What a lot of you guys don't get ( On both sides of the pond ) , is there are two different main series here. The MXGP's and the American schedule of SX , Nationals and MEC.

The MXoN's race , is a 98% of the time European based. An AMA rider , weather foreign or not , still has to get his team involved enough to go do this thing.

We have two equal series , where 98% of the time , it gets held in the favor of one....the MXGP's. Which I totally get!! Because about 90% of those racers and teams are based there....so it makes sense to have the race there.

BUT.......That means our American based teams are always having to flip the bill for some big race every year , and they get nothing in return. The riders , the countries?......sure , they get bragging rights , but the teams who have to pay for it?

Latvia is there every year. Anywhere in the world. Most of time expenses are paid by few fanatic people who give their private money. It`s not cheap by any means. There is no return. Expectations? Make it in to A finals.

Boo fucking hoo was a correct answer to your rant.
Hut
8/17/2017 9:05pm
Euros telling Americans how to operate. That has never worked Ever!
kongols
8/17/2017 9:06pm
jeffro503 wrote:
The point flew over your head in a supersonic speed.
Chill, Jeffro, I don`t think you`re right here.
YamahaJT1
8/17/2017 9:10pm
crusty_xx wrote:
I summarize: the people that say the race is irrelevant are the ones that write pages and pages defending themselves in various threads Ay nobody got...

Never did I mention that the race was irrelevant, so certainly you are not addressing me?
tcallahan707
8/17/2017 9:15pm
Park Boys wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
malachi177 wrote:
Breath Jeffro:laugh: I think it's the biggest race of the year. I am pissed that I've never been able to go to one and take it...
Breath JeffroLaughing I think it's the biggest race of the year. I am pissed that I've never been able to go to one and take it all in. You do have a very good point, it's always in Europe. For everyone to say that's not a little bit odd is ignorant. Why not Australia? Here in Canada? Somewhere in South America?, hell even Russia, or Japan?

edit... England isn't in Europe but still.....lol
England is in Europe bro. Just not the European Union.
YamahaJT1
8/17/2017 9:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2017 9:17pm
Hut wrote:
Euros telling Americans how to operate. That has never worked Ever!
They do try... Selective memories.
YamahaJT1
8/17/2017 9:21pm
England is in Europe bro. Just not the European Union.
The "Hot Cousin" in the house next door.

OK, that is my last jab... Gotta pack for Budds Creek.
robkinuk
8/18/2017 12:21am
jeffro503 wrote:
kongols wrote:
The point flew over your head in a supersonic speed.
Chill, Jeffro, I don`t think you`re right here.
Jeffro just dropped the mic and left the stage sulking because this whole MXDN venue is out of his comfort zone and somehow can't comprehend the MXDN has been awarded twice to So Cal and both times 2003 and 2017 THEY dropped the mic and cancelled!Angry
But no , you' demand Youthstream keep coming back to a market where so called fans have shown no interest in recent MXGP with sparse crowds at Glen Helen and top riders like "Elk Tomac", crowd pullers who don't want to race the MXDN.

Keep on Bashing the Brits too, but thank God we have pulled your country out of the shit again by stating this great classic event!Laughing
struth
8/18/2017 12:31am
struth wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:

Sook it up much
struth
8/18/2017 12:34am
its m e x i c o TIME or japan
JC21
8/18/2017 12:41am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2017 12:43am
jeffro503 wrote:

T h a t I s A L o n g E x c u s e .

Post a reply to: Make Des-Nations relevant again.

The Latest