Made my own Jersey

nolookpass
Imgur link of jersey fit

I'm 6'4 and 220+ lbs (reasonably in shape, with big shoulders and arms). A common issue I had was all of the sleeves were so short, exposing like 2-3" of my wrist and I'd always have to go a size up. Jerseys just felt and fit me awkwardly. My kits would shrink up over time, even though I'd hang dry everything.

I was inspired by the Seven line of compression/jersey top pairing, but really didn't want to buy more kits, so I took a (Fasthouse) jersey down to the dry cleaner/tailor, and they chopped off the sleeves for me and added a hem for $10. This allowed me to use a longer under-shirt and re-use a jersey top that I had to stop wearing from it being way to small/tight around my arms.

I ordered a compression shirt from Amazon (XXL, Tall) for $34 (I went with Under Armour, "Heatgear" for it's moisture wicking), though I've seen long-sleeve compression shirts as cheap as $12.

So, for ~ $12 (or $20 to $25 if you outsource), you can re-use a "to small" jersey without limiting mobility. You can get by cheaper if you know how to sew (or your girlfriend does) and go with an off-brand compression shirt. Anyway, it's been done before, but just sharing as I thought it was a cool idea to re-use something, and I didn't really think of doing this to other kits until I saw that new Seven line.
|
MXBREWSKI
4/5/2017 3:00pm
That came out pretty nice, good job on maybe saving some moto jerseys!!
motokawi818
4/5/2017 3:02pm
That's rad and looks good. Hopefully after all these trips to the gym I might have a reason to copy this!
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
4/5/2017 5:29pm
sweet. i like the look of that style.
you should see camp bros guns. he never misses arm day bro.

The Shop

BAD10
4/5/2017 5:43pm
nolookpass wrote:
[url=http://imgur.com/a/D6na1]Imgur link of jersey fit[/url] I'm 6'4 and 220+ lbs (reasonably in shape, with big shoulders and arms). A common issue I had was all of...
Imgur link of jersey fit

I'm 6'4 and 220+ lbs (reasonably in shape, with big shoulders and arms). A common issue I had was all of the sleeves were so short, exposing like 2-3" of my wrist and I'd always have to go a size up. Jerseys just felt and fit me awkwardly. My kits would shrink up over time, even though I'd hang dry everything.

I was inspired by the Seven line of compression/jersey top pairing, but really didn't want to buy more kits, so I took a (Fasthouse) jersey down to the dry cleaner/tailor, and they chopped off the sleeves for me and added a hem for $10. This allowed me to use a longer under-shirt and re-use a jersey top that I had to stop wearing from it being way to small/tight around my arms.

I ordered a compression shirt from Amazon (XXL, Tall) for $34 (I went with Under Armour, "Heatgear" for it's moisture wicking), though I've seen long-sleeve compression shirts as cheap as $12.

So, for ~ $12 (or $20 to $25 if you outsource), you can re-use a "to small" jersey without limiting mobility. You can get by cheaper if you know how to sew (or your girlfriend does) and go with an off-brand compression shirt. Anyway, it's been done before, but just sharing as I thought it was a cool idea to re-use something, and I didn't really think of doing this to other kits until I saw that new Seven line.
Are you the guy I met at 212 Land a few months back who commented on the too short sleeves of my Fasthouse jersey? This guy (you?) had his Fasthouse jersey sleeves lengthened by a tailor. I'm 6'5 225lbs and was wearing their 2XL jerseys. I'm in shape and that size was still too tight for me. I have since started wearing the 3XL Fashouse jerseys and the sleeve length is perfect with a much better overall fit. Just an FYI.........
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/5/2017 5:50pm
This may be a dumb question but how did you take that picture?
nolookpass
4/5/2017 9:26pm
nolookpass wrote:
[url=http://imgur.com/a/D6na1]Imgur link of jersey fit[/url] I'm 6'4 and 220+ lbs (reasonably in shape, with big shoulders and arms). A common issue I had was all of...
Imgur link of jersey fit

BAD10 wrote:
Are you the guy I met at 212 Land a few months back who commented on the too short sleeves of my Fasthouse jersey? This guy...
Are you the guy I met at 212 Land a few months back who commented on the too short sleeves of my Fasthouse jersey? This guy (you?) had his Fasthouse jersey sleeves lengthened by a tailor. I'm 6'5 225lbs and was wearing their 2XL jerseys. I'm in shape and that size was still too tight for me. I have since started wearing the 3XL Fashouse jerseys and the sleeve length is perfect with a much better overall fit. Just an FYI.........
Sounds like something I would say, but no, not me. I am buddies with Austin and I am sad to see 212 go.
nolookpass
4/5/2017 9:28pm
kzizok wrote:
Look bottom left, I stood in the bathroom and pulled out the vanity-mirror. I was trying to get a well encompassing shot.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/5/2017 9:33pm
kzizok wrote:
nolookpass wrote:
Look bottom left, I stood in the bathroom and pulled out the vanity-mirror. I was trying to get a well encompassing shot.
I just couldnt figure it out! Looks great!
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2551st
4/6/2017 12:27am
Did your fasthouse jersey have a huge neck hole? It seems like most do
4/6/2017 4:48am
disbanded wrote:
I used to make shirts out of pants
Holy Shirts And Pants?

Looks Awesome Man !!!!

Post a reply to: Made my own Jersey

The Latest