MXoN- Team Belgium

RG1
Edited Date/Time 9/3/2015 10:41pm
Ken De Dycker replaces Kevin Strijbos. They just rejoined the podium contenders

|
9/3/2015 7:49am
I'd really really like to see ken put a good show on, it's got to getting close to a swansong.

I think their podium shot is gone however, shame.
Ninurta
9/3/2015 8:06am
Ken has performed pretty good for team Belgium in the past. He might not be in the best condition yet but when Ken is motivated ( No seat for 2016 , got something to prove...) he can do great things on an MX bike.
I think with Kevin and Clement hurt this is still a solid team, podium is possible but WE are the underdogs IMOTongueLaughing .

Go team Belgium!!EvilEvil
sende
Fantasy
4429th
9/3/2015 8:09am
I'm thinking that they will keep those numbers for next year.
RG1
9/3/2015 8:11am
I don't know I think Ken still has something to offer, maybe not on a team like factory KTM, but at GP level. He has just over three weeks preparation before the nations and two GP's to try and get some race sharpness. To win is probably beyond their reach, but I certainly think they could achieve a podium if everything goes to plan

The Shop

Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
9/3/2015 8:14am
sende wrote:
you think they will beat France?? That's going to be their numbers! 7,8,9 = 1,2,3
RG1
9/3/2015 8:17am
Ninurta wrote:
Ken has performed pretty good for team Belgium in the past. He might not be in the best condition yet but when Ken is motivated (...
Ken has performed pretty good for team Belgium in the past. He might not be in the best condition yet but when Ken is motivated ( No seat for 2016 , got something to prove...) he can do great things on an MX bike.
I think with Kevin and Clement hurt this is still a solid team, podium is possible but WE are the underdogs IMOTongueLaughing .

Go team Belgium!!EvilEvil
I think the most important thing is that it gives the Belgian fans and the team some optimism that a good result is possible. If you look what it was like after Strijbos got injured it was a bit doom and gloom. This should give them a lift
Ninurta
9/3/2015 8:30am
sende wrote:
you think they will beat France?? That's going to be their numbers! 7,8,9 = 1,2,3
GrinningGrinning
9/3/2015 8:39am
sende wrote:
so the USA in double digits ? ouch Tongue
Ninurta
9/3/2015 9:04am
RG1 wrote:
I think the most important thing is that it gives the Belgian fans and the team some optimism that a good result is possible. If you...
I think the most important thing is that it gives the Belgian fans and the team some optimism that a good result is possible. If you look what it was like after Strijbos got injured it was a bit doom and gloom. This should give them a lift
It wasn't all doom and gloom. I was hoping Smets would have given a youngster like Van Doninck a chance. At least to get some experience at such a big event. Third fourth or fifth, who cares... I was super excited a few years ago with a 5th place when "The postman" did great damage control for the team. When I see our 3 riders give it their all on race day I'm happy with whatever result they come home.
sende
Fantasy
4429th
9/3/2015 9:06am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2015 9:07am
sende wrote:
No. That's not what I think.
RG1
9/3/2015 9:18am
Ninurta wrote:
It wasn't all doom and gloom. I was hoping Smets would have given a youngster like Van Doninck a chance. At least to get some experience...
It wasn't all doom and gloom. I was hoping Smets would have given a youngster like Van Doninck a chance. At least to get some experience at such a big event. Third fourth or fifth, who cares... I was super excited a few years ago with a 5th place when "The postman" did great damage control for the team. When I see our 3 riders give it their all on race day I'm happy with whatever result they come home.
That's cool. I know the Belgian fans will get behind their team no matter what, but it seemed like the riders themselves were maybe not too optimistic after Strijbos got injured.

I was there in 2011 when you got 5th with Marvin the postman on the team, he rode great and 5th was a great result. I always say you can never underestimate Belgium no matter who is on the team
mccread
9/3/2015 9:50am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2015 9:52am
That puts them back in contention for the podium and even the win, if Ken can find his old speed. If anyone cn turn it one for one day it's big Ken.

Brent Van Doninck wouldn't have been a bad choice either. But Ken, a regular 450 rider and his experience makes sense I think. But the next generation of Belgians are coming with Brent and Geerts.
plowboy
9/3/2015 10:41pm
Wow...Belgium gonna bring it. MXdN getting good (as always).

Post a reply to: MXoN- Team Belgium

The Latest