MXoN Lakewood

VOODOO27
1/20/2011 10:49am
newmann wrote:
The "high" number of complaints would be in regards to the VIP accomodations, or better yet, lack of. They really failed to deliver. Saturday they were...
The "high" number of complaints would be in regards to the VIP accomodations, or better yet, lack of. They really failed to deliver. Saturday they were scrambling to make things better and on Sunday they did have another VIP seating area at the top of the track. The $400.00 pass got you pit access, a t shirt ,hat and food. For an additional $200.00 you got to go up on the second level of the mechanics area.....wooooohoooooo!!

There was supposed to be a meet and greet/autograph session with Team USA and others Saturday afternoon in the VIP tent but that went downhill fast. There were about 500 people circling the inside of the tent when the team arrived. Of course everybody went wild with applause when they arrived. The guys seemed a little humbled by all of the support. They only had twenty minutes before they had to get to another meeting so needless to say there were a lot of unsigned autographs that Youthstream had basically promised. That's where the special edition DVD got promised. Mike Alessi and Cairoli did hang around and sign autographs for quite a while. They were still there when we headed out.

I did receive an e-mail from Youthstream a few weeks back that they were finalizing production on the promised DVD. Still haven't seen anything in the mail though.

In the end, the VIP deal was probably worth an extra $100.00- 150.00 over the cost of a regular ticket. $400.00-$600.00, that was just gouging everyones eyes out. BUT,the races were great and Team USA couldn't have been a better choice to represent the US. And that is the only reason we were there to begin with.
We've received both our MXdN DVD's from Youthstream last week... so they should be coming to you. Did you guys get an email from Charolette asking to confirm your address? Does anyone want a free MXdN DVD? I only need one, and my daughter couldn't care less about owning one Smile

I was also lucky enough to win the VIP pass giveaway they had for a 2011 MXGP ... or by the looks of it the MXdN in France. That should save me a little coin for this year's MXdN. But if the VIP section is above the mechanics again, it looks the the view of the track at St. Jean's will be just as bad as Lakewood.

The view from the VIP upper deck behind the starting gate, was weak... with minimal viewing of the racing action. The should have at least had a place like the Red Bull station over by the huge step up triple, to check the racing out from.

Best thing about the VIP passes, last year.... the hassle free parking, and the ultra fast in and out of Lakewood. Which isn't saying much about the value of what Youthstream had presented to holders of VIP passes. They actually had the tour of the Factory Honda rig moved up an hour or two without letting us know.... So, when we showed up at the time originally stated, we realized we missed the entire tour.

Oh well, it was an awesome experience just to be at the event, but not remotely worth the $600 for a Gold VIP pass.
ayearinmx
1/20/2011 11:16am
st jean is a pretty spectacular track, and with 40,000 french people... one helluva atmosphere
view from the bottom...

view from the top...

click to enlarge
1/20/2011 11:43am
Agreed, the Silver V.I.P. pass was a rip off and the "silver" seating was a joke! Under a God damned tent, where you could see little but the start straight. The only good thing was the parking and the refreshments. The food was pretty good. That was a pretty good chunk of money that weekend, and in the end I wished I would have stayed home. I should have known it was gonna be shit when I couldnt get them to return emails leading up to the event.
VOODOO27
1/20/2011 4:41pm
ayearinmx wrote:
st jean is a pretty spectacular track, and with 40,000 french people... one helluva atmosphere view from the bottom... [img]http://ayearinmx.com/10/gallery/content/bin/images/large/track.jpg[/img] view from the top... [img]http://ayearinmx.com/10/gallery/content/bin/images/large/panoramic.jpg[/img] click...
st jean is a pretty spectacular track, and with 40,000 french people... one helluva atmosphere
view from the bottom...

view from the top...

click to enlarge
David, do you know where the VIP/pit row seating is at St. Jean? If so, can you see a good portion of the racing, or is it just a view in front of the start straight?

The Shop

FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
1/20/2011 4:45pm
newmann wrote:
The "high" number of complaints would be in regards to the VIP accomodations, or better yet, lack of. They really failed to deliver. Saturday they were...
The "high" number of complaints would be in regards to the VIP accomodations, or better yet, lack of. They really failed to deliver. Saturday they were scrambling to make things better and on Sunday they did have another VIP seating area at the top of the track. The $400.00 pass got you pit access, a t shirt ,hat and food. For an additional $200.00 you got to go up on the second level of the mechanics area.....wooooohoooooo!!

There was supposed to be a meet and greet/autograph session with Team USA and others Saturday afternoon in the VIP tent but that went downhill fast. There were about 500 people circling the inside of the tent when the team arrived. Of course everybody went wild with applause when they arrived. The guys seemed a little humbled by all of the support. They only had twenty minutes before they had to get to another meeting so needless to say there were a lot of unsigned autographs that Youthstream had basically promised. That's where the special edition DVD got promised. Mike Alessi and Cairoli did hang around and sign autographs for quite a while. They were still there when we headed out.

I did receive an e-mail from Youthstream a few weeks back that they were finalizing production on the promised DVD. Still haven't seen anything in the mail though.

In the end, the VIP deal was probably worth an extra $100.00- 150.00 over the cost of a regular ticket. $400.00-$600.00, that was just gouging everyones eyes out. BUT,the races were great and Team USA couldn't have been a better choice to represent the US. And that is the only reason we were there to begin with.
VOODOO27 wrote:
We've received both our MXdN DVD's from Youthstream last week... so they should be coming to you. Did you guys get an email from Charolette asking...
We've received both our MXdN DVD's from Youthstream last week... so they should be coming to you. Did you guys get an email from Charolette asking to confirm your address? Does anyone want a free MXdN DVD? I only need one, and my daughter couldn't care less about owning one Smile

I was also lucky enough to win the VIP pass giveaway they had for a 2011 MXGP ... or by the looks of it the MXdN in France. That should save me a little coin for this year's MXdN. But if the VIP section is above the mechanics again, it looks the the view of the track at St. Jean's will be just as bad as Lakewood.

The view from the VIP upper deck behind the starting gate, was weak... with minimal viewing of the racing action. The should have at least had a place like the Red Bull station over by the huge step up triple, to check the racing out from.

Best thing about the VIP passes, last year.... the hassle free parking, and the ultra fast in and out of Lakewood. Which isn't saying much about the value of what Youthstream had presented to holders of VIP passes. They actually had the tour of the Factory Honda rig moved up an hour or two without letting us know.... So, when we showed up at the time originally stated, we realized we missed the entire tour.

Oh well, it was an awesome experience just to be at the event, but not remotely worth the $600 for a Gold VIP pass.
Voodoo, Did you get any response on the offer of the DVD? I'd be interested in the DVD if someone else hasn't spoken. I'll PM you my info and we can work something out if that is ok.
VOODOO27
1/20/2011 8:41pm
Voodoo, Did you get any response on the offer of the DVD? I'd be interested in the DVD if someone else hasn't spoken. I'll PM you...
Voodoo, Did you get any response on the offer of the DVD? I'd be interested in the DVD if someone else hasn't spoken. I'll PM you my info and we can work something out if that is ok.
You're the first one to ask.... PM me your address and I'll take care of the shipping to get it out to you.
dc1236
1/21/2011 7:25am
Yeah, I finally got my DVD in the mail a week or so ago. Actually, I was pretty surprised to see it. Haven't really had a chance to finish watch it yet, but it's a little better coverage than what was on TV.
Oh well, in the end the most important thing was USA won again. Oh yeah, my wife dropped the bomb on me and told me she was pregnant .......again...............needless to say I got pretty loaded that weekend.
ayearinmx
1/21/2011 8:52am
ayearinmx wrote:
st jean is a pretty spectacular track, and with 40,000 french people... one helluva atmosphere view from the bottom... [img]http://ayearinmx.com/10/gallery/content/bin/images/large/track.jpg[/img] view from the top... [img]http://ayearinmx.com/10/gallery/content/bin/images/large/panoramic.jpg[/img] click...
view from the bottom...

view from the top...

click to enlarge
VOODOO27 wrote:
David, do you know where the VIP/pit row seating is at St. Jean? If so, can you see a good portion of the racing, or is...
David, do you know where the VIP/pit row seating is at St. Jean? If so, can you see a good portion of the racing, or is it just a view in front of the start straight?
*use the bottom pic*
well you can see the pit row on the left hand side..... and to be honest, the viewing sucks from there... all the team guys stand on the hillside just below the Czech Republic flag (Red/White and Blue triangle)

or, i know another VIP area..... just to the right of the crane is a big white building, to the right of that are 3 trees... that little forecourt was VIP and i think i took the top photo(s) from that area....
1/21/2011 9:17am
dc1236 wrote:
Yeah, I finally got my DVD in the mail a week or so ago. Actually, I was pretty surprised to see it. Haven't really had a...
Yeah, I finally got my DVD in the mail a week or so ago. Actually, I was pretty surprised to see it. Haven't really had a chance to finish watch it yet, but it's a little better coverage than what was on TV.
Oh well, in the end the most important thing was USA won again. Oh yeah, my wife dropped the bomb on me and told me she was pregnant .......again...............needless to say I got pretty loaded that weekend.
Hold on just a second.... You got your chic prego at the MxDN? THAT'S SO RAD!
You've got to name him/her either Trey, Ryan, or Andrew; or Canard, Dungey, or Short.
Rupert X
1/21/2011 9:20am
ayearinmx wrote:
view from the bottom...

view from the top...

click to enlarge
VOODOO27 wrote:
David, do you know where the VIP/pit row seating is at St. Jean? If so, can you see a good portion of the racing, or is...
ayearinmx wrote:
*use the bottom pic* well you can see the pit row on the left hand side..... and to be honest, the viewing sucks from there... all...
*use the bottom pic*
well you can see the pit row on the left hand side..... and to be honest, the viewing sucks from there... all the team guys stand on the hillside just below the Czech Republic flag (Red/White and Blue triangle)

or, i know another VIP area..... just to the right of the crane is a big white building, to the right of that are 3 trees... that little forecourt was VIP and i think i took the top photo(s) from that area....

Just talked to Joey - he says we are out for France, saving our cash for Lommel, Belgium

Run and tell that.
dc1236
1/21/2011 9:49am
dc1236 wrote:
Yeah, I finally got my DVD in the mail a week or so ago. Actually, I was pretty surprised to see it. Haven't really had a...
TripleFive wrote:
Hold on just a second.... You got your chic prego at the MxDN? THAT'S SO RAD! You've got to name him/her either Trey, Ryan, or Andrew...
Hold on just a second.... You got your chic prego at the MxDN? THAT'S SO RAD!
You've got to name him/her either Trey, Ryan, or Andrew; or Canard, Dungey, or Short.
Haha.....I think that sounds like an awesome idea. I'll try and state my case, but I have a feeling it's not gonna be looking too good.
ayearinmx
1/21/2011 10:19am
Rupert X wrote:

Just talked to Joey - he says we are out for France, saving our cash for Lommel, Belgium

Run and tell that.
righty ho... you'll be missing out, the French know how to party

Post a reply to: MXoN Lakewood

The Latest