MXoN!!!

MBBadgers
1/20/2011 10:13am
Gym Briggs wrote:
Okay IF big if everyone stays healthy who do you see at the team this year! Think about what our team could be. Who would you...
Okay IF big if everyone stays healthy who do you see at the team this year! Think about what our team could be. Who would you pick as it sits? I think all of our 450 riders are eligible for lights as well right?
I know it's in France, but what is the date? I am hitting Paris in September and was hoping I'd be there the same time?
jamma10
1/20/2011 10:22am
Gym Briggs wrote:
Okay IF big if everyone stays healthy who do you see at the team this year! Think about what our team could be. Who would you...
Okay IF big if everyone stays healthy who do you see at the team this year! Think about what our team could be. Who would you pick as it sits? I think all of our 450 riders are eligible for lights as well right?
MBBadgers wrote:
I know it's in France, but what is the date? I am hitting Paris in September and was hoping I'd be there the same time?
Its the weekend of 17th & 18th of September. Probably about 5 hours by car, or you could fly from Paris to Bordeaux Airport and organise some kind of transport to St Jean d'Angley, which Im pretty sure is only about an hour north.

There are some really nice spots along the coast that would be worth checking out if you've got time to spare.
1/20/2011 10:26am
TripleFive wrote:
This team would rape so hard. Basically untouchable.
Ok let me guess.. you're single, and have never dated a woman in your life.
MBBadgers
1/20/2011 10:27am
Gym Briggs wrote:
MBBadgers wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
Its the weekend of 17th & 18th of September. Probably about 5 hours by car, or you could fly from Paris to Bordeaux Airport and organise...
Its the weekend of 17th & 18th of September. Probably about 5 hours by car, or you could fly from Paris to Bordeaux Airport and organise some kind of transport to St Jean d'Angley, which Im pretty sure is only about an hour north.

There are some really nice spots along the coast that would be worth checking out if you've got time to spare.
Thank you for that info, that'll be helpful, will you be going? is there local mx races anywhere near there in September? I'd like to to hit England too, planning on about 2 weeks.

The Shop

pilotdude
1/20/2011 10:33am
you don't think a french team of marvin musquin, chris pourcel and seb poucel/gautier paulin would have a good chance of winning on their home track...
you don't think a french team of marvin musquin, chris pourcel and seb poucel/gautier paulin would have a good chance of winning on their home track this year?
I'm looking forward to next years des nations at lommel more than this year, but i doubt team usa will show up to that
And why would the U.S. not show up for Lommel?
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
745th
1/20/2011 10:44am
BobbyM wrote:
What about 2012? if we're all still here that is........
Hmmm, 700 days left?

I just googled "end of the world" and according to that there are over 200 predictions as to when it is. I guess it's like predicting the weather.

Dungey
Stewart
Villapoto

mxb2
1/20/2011 11:26am
Gym Briggs wrote:
MBBadgers wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
Its the weekend of 17th & 18th of September. Probably about 5 hours by car, or you could fly from Paris to Bordeaux Airport and organise...

Not sure but I thought they changed the date of the mxdn?, might want to double check!, If the world ends i better get started on my bucket list LOL!
mxb2
1/20/2011 11:41am
MXDN france SEPT 24?
kongols
1/20/2011 11:44am
mxb2 wrote:
MXDN france SEPT 24?
No. It`s September 18-th.
mxb2
1/20/2011 11:58am
Cool, thanks kongols, i thought they switched the date!
jamma10
1/20/2011 12:24pm
MBBadgers wrote:
jamma10 wrote:

MBBadgers wrote:
Thank you for that info, that'll be helpful, will you be going? is there local mx races anywhere near there in September? I'd like to to...
Thank you for that info, that'll be helpful, will you be going? is there local mx races anywhere near there in September? I'd like to to hit England too, planning on about 2 weeks.
Yeah I'll definitely be going. We'll probably fly to Bordeaux or just get a boat from England, drive down there and camp for the weekend or something. Should be nice weather!

I don't know much about the French National Champs (maybe French Forum member can suggest something?) but if you make it to England and fancy checking a race out there are two UK national series races around that time period...

24th/25th September: RedBull Pro Nationals @ Wakes Colne (about an hour North East of London)

2nd of October: Maxxis British Championship at Hawkstone Park (same track as the vid posted in the recent 'Lets talk rough - 1986 British GP' thread and located in the Midlands)
mxb2
1/20/2011 12:34pm
Antipodean wrote:
Reed, Byrne and probably one of the Moss boys.
Forgetting someone?
LOL STIFFY? Metty s the fastest dude from australia!
morning_stiffy
1/20/2011 12:39pm
Antipodean wrote:
Reed, Byrne and probably one of the Moss boys.
Forgetting someone?
mxb2 wrote:
LOL STIFFY? Metty s the fastest dude from australia!
I just dont understand how he could have left out Metty...
morning_stiffy
1/20/2011 12:40pm
But the best possible team if everyone is healthy.

OPEN: Ryan Dungey
MX1: James Stewart
MX2: Ryan Villopoto (Kawi 250F) Or hell, put Poto in the OPEN class on a 250F, they still would stand a chance against him.
mxgeoff
1/20/2011 12:42pm
Gym Briggs wrote:
I think I would go RV, TC and JS! RV on the 250f!
How old is Villopoto, is he older than the age limit?
morning_stiffy
1/20/2011 12:46pm
Gym Briggs wrote:
I think I would go RV, TC and JS! RV on the 250f!
mxgeoff wrote:
According to google, he's 22.

So he would be perfect for that 250F!
mxgeoff
1/20/2011 12:50pm
That would be a near dream team if Dungey, Stewart and Villopoto went to France.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
745th
1/20/2011 1:05pm
mxgeoff wrote:
I take it FIM must have changed the rule for the MX2 class after Bob Hannah raced Unidilla?

How old was Hannah at that race?
dc1236
1/20/2011 1:08pm
mxgeoff wrote:
That would be a near dream team if Dungey, Stewart and Villopoto went to France.
I still think it was BS they didn't have Bubba race the MXoN at Lakewood this past year. I think the only reason why Roger said no to him, was because he would've stolen the show away from Dungey's epic year. Attendance would've been way higher. Also, it's not like Short did better than what Bubba would've done.
Alex
1/20/2011 1:12pm
mxgeoff wrote:
I take it FIM must have changed the rule for the MX2 class after Bob Hannah raced Unidilla?

How old was Hannah at that race?
They only changed the rule last year. I personally think its a great rule in the GPs but I think they should drop it for the nations. It just lengthens the odds on US not having proper competition.
mxb2
1/20/2011 1:14pm
Stewart signed a sx only contract, he had no desire to race outdoors! Why reward him and let him ride the mxdn! Yea he stole the show at unadilla 3rd/dnf and pouted in his semi when he did nt get picked for the mxdn. LOL! 2010 Dungey was the fastest man on the planet, and i m a Metty RV fan. We shall see if he rides the whole series outdoors to earn a spot on the usa team! The USA has plenty of fast guys who want to race the whole outdoor series and would do well at mxdn.
grover738
1/20/2011 1:18pm
dc1236 wrote:
I still think it was BS they didn't have Bubba race the MXoN at Lakewood this past year. I think the only reason why Roger said...
I still think it was BS they didn't have Bubba race the MXoN at Lakewood this past year. I think the only reason why Roger said no to him, was because he would've stolen the show away from Dungey's epic year. Attendance would've been way higher. Also, it's not like Short did better than what Bubba would've done.
You really think you should be second guessing this guy's personnel decisions after the US won their 6th in a row? See the little smirk? He knows what he's doing.

(yes, just looking for an excuse to post that pic. Should be mandatory for any thread that has anything to do with RDC)

PressPassP
1/20/2011 1:20pm
Gym Briggs wrote:
Hey you're welcome,come again dude Tongue
dc1236
1/20/2011 1:22pm
mxb2 wrote:
Stewart signed a sx only contract, he had no desire to race outdoors! Why reward him and let him ride the mxdn! Yea he stole the...
Stewart signed a sx only contract, he had no desire to race outdoors! Why reward him and let him ride the mxdn! Yea he stole the show at unadilla 3rd/dnf and pouted in his semi when he did nt get picked for the mxdn. LOL! 2010 Dungey was the fastest man on the planet, and i m a Metty RV fan. We shall see if he rides the whole series outdoors to earn a spot on the usa team! The USA has plenty of fast guys who want to race the whole outdoor series and would do well at mxdn.
So, you are saying that Bob Hannah shouldn't have raced 125's at the MXdN at Unadilla in 1987? He didn't race the Outdoor Nationals that year, but was picked anyways because he was good at the track at the 125 USGP that year.
I think when you've proven yourself, you should be given an exception. That's all I'm trying to say.
mxb2
1/20/2011 1:31pm
Did he race the outdoor series prior to mxdn at dilla?(hannah that is)?
dc1236
1/20/2011 1:46pm
Hannah’s final win came in the 250 outdoor National held in Millville, Minn., on Aug. 11, 1985. He continued to race part-time with Suzuki from 1986 until his retirement in 1989.
mxb2
1/20/2011 1:53pm
Part time SX or MX, if he raced outdoors i would think it would be cool to race the mxdn! Stewart had no intentions of riding outdoors in 2010! IMO gotta race outdoors to be on the team, but what do i know, I think Roger D knows what he s doing!
mxb2
1/20/2011 2:00pm
I would love to see the USA team of Dungey, RV, and Bubba! go to france and lay wood to the world and Canard as the reserve!
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/20/2011 2:08pm

Chad Reed went for Australia in 2008 and didn't race the Outdoors. I think the fastest guys from every country should go if they are healthy. But I would also trust whatever decision Roger D. makes.

Post a reply to: MXoN!!!

The Latest