MXON: what Cooper Webb should do...

Edited Date/Time 8/14/2015 3:04pm
... is to ride the last 2 outdoor rounds on the 450. He has nothing to lose in the 250 championship, but he can gain experience by riding the big guys...
|
hillbilly
8/13/2015 8:27am
He will smoke the euros like a pork loin in my oil drum cooker with no practice at all on the 450.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/13/2015 8:28am
Team wise it would be a weird thing since he's riding a JGR 450 at MXdN but he needs to race the last two outdoors on Star's 250... Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal if he doesn't move up. His confidence is high right now on the 250 and that confidence might be better than getting roosted on a 450 for two rounds (Think Dungey in 2009 when he bumped up to the 450 at MXdN). He'll also have a month to test once outdoors are over...
TXDirt
8/13/2015 8:28am
I don't see that happening with a championship on the line for his teammate. I'm not saying team tactics are going to play out but webb being around to help rattle marvin is very valuable.
8/13/2015 8:32am
ML512 wrote:
Team wise it would be a weird thing since he's riding a JGR 450 at MXdN but he needs to race the last two outdoors on...
Team wise it would be a weird thing since he's riding a JGR 450 at MXdN but he needs to race the last two outdoors on Star's 250... Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal if he doesn't move up. His confidence is high right now on the 250 and that confidence might be better than getting roosted on a 450 for two rounds (Think Dungey in 2009 when he bumped up to the 450 at MXdN). He'll also have a month to test once outdoors are over...
I'm sure you can gain a lot of confidence by battling with guys like Dungey or Roczen for a whole race in one of your very first 450 races.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/13/2015 8:46am
ML512 wrote:
Team wise it would be a weird thing since he's riding a JGR 450 at MXdN but he needs to race the last two outdoors on...
I'm sure you can gain a lot of confidence by battling with guys like Dungey or Roczen for a whole race in one of your very...
I'm sure you can gain a lot of confidence by battling with guys like Dungey or Roczen for a whole race in one of your very first 450 races.
But it's not going to happen.
IWreckALot
8/13/2015 8:51am
ML512 wrote:
I find it so bizarre how he bounced back from his first race crash so fast and he didn't even seem like he lost any speed or conditioning. He wasn't out for very long, but even a month or two hiatus from most riders results in 3 or 4 races to get back up to race speed. Not Webb. . . He immediately came back with a mission to remind us all that he has everything Martin has speed wise.
Question
8/13/2015 8:57am Edited Date/Time 8/13/2015 8:58am
ML512 wrote:
I'm sure you can gain a lot of confidence by battling with guys like Dungey or Roczen for a whole race in one of your very...
I quite agree, that could be a great opportunity but it is very difficult to put it in place with the rider/team contracts.

I am not his biggest fan but it would have been awesome to see him on the 450 for the last 2 Nationals and the GP at Glen Helen before the MXdN. Plus I think his stock would raise, speed-wise I think he can run with Roczen/Canard/Barcia.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
8/13/2015 9:03am
He will race 250 the next two rounds, park marvin on his own terms, Jmart wins title. Its a perfect storm and every aspect does not favor the frenchman. I like them all, but this is how its playing out.
IceMan446
8/13/2015 9:11am
ML512 wrote:
I dont get why he has to ride a JGR bike, Yamaha can get him a 450 and he has suspension and motor guys.

He has ridden a 450 before and might be able to carry some of that over if nothing has changed.

When it was mentioned on the pulp show they brought up the same issue of having to ride a JGR 450.
Zracer
8/13/2015 9:12am
hillbilly wrote:
He will smoke the euros like a pork loin in my oil drum cooker with no practice at all on the 450.
Its a little early in the day to be that drunk
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/13/2015 9:23am
ML512 wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
I dont get why he has to ride a JGR bike, Yamaha can get him a 450 and he has suspension and motor guys. He has...
I dont get why he has to ride a JGR bike, Yamaha can get him a 450 and he has suspension and motor guys.

He has ridden a 450 before and might be able to carry some of that over if nothing has changed.

When it was mentioned on the pulp show they brought up the same issue of having to ride a JGR 450.
JGR has more development into their 450 and also, they're trying to entice Cooper to ride for them in the future.
Silliker269
8/13/2015 9:26am
hillbilly wrote:
ha ha some good bait there , I like that one
eye of the tiger in that kid
TeamGreen
8/13/2015 9:36am
JGR brings one of their bikes to Utah...off-loads it and rolls it over to Star's pits...

Sounds good, to me!

Besides, it would be a good idea to get Coop away from Marvin: nuthin' good goin' on, there.

I agree with the OP.

But, I think they might be leaving Cooper in the 250s for the Team's "needs".
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
8/13/2015 9:36am
hillbilly wrote:
wana bet?
MR. X
8/13/2015 9:38am
IWreckALot wrote:
I find it so bizarre how he bounced back from his first race crash so fast and he didn't even seem like he lost any speed...
I find it so bizarre how he bounced back from his first race crash so fast and he didn't even seem like he lost any speed or conditioning. He wasn't out for very long, but even a month or two hiatus from most riders results in 3 or 4 races to get back up to race speed. Not Webb. . . He immediately came back with a mission to remind us all that he has everything Martin has speed wise.
Ahhh ... to be young and flexible again.
RPM68
8/13/2015 9:43am
TeamGreen wrote:
JGR brings one of their bikes to Utah...off-loads it and rolls it over to Star's pits... Sounds good, to me! Besides, it would be a good...
JGR brings one of their bikes to Utah...off-loads it and rolls it over to Star's pits...

Sounds good, to me!

Besides, it would be a good idea to get Coop away from Marvin: nuthin' good goin' on, there.

I agree with the OP.

bring AMart up to Star for last 2 rounds, Benny Bloss fills his newly crowned spot for CycleTrader
MtnBoy
8/13/2015 9:47am
ML512 wrote:
You sure it's a JGR bike at MXdN?

On Pulp they were talking like they didn't know for sure where the bike was coming from.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/13/2015 9:54am
TeamGreen wrote:
JGR brings one of their bikes to Utah...off-loads it and rolls it over to Star's pits... Sounds good, to me! Besides, it would be a good...

Sounds good, to me!

I agree with the OP.

RPM68 wrote:
bring AMart up to Star for last 2 rounds, Benny Bloss fills his newly crowned spot for CycleTrader
Switching contracts isn't that easy mid-year. I can already see probably all three teams saying no to this.

JGR is already full with three riders.

Star needs Cooper as he's podium/win material and van help Jeremy in the points.

Bloss just had a concussion and is riding a 450, Rock River won't be giving up A-Mart for that.

Logic people, logic.
RPM68
8/13/2015 9:57am
ML512 wrote:
Switching contracts isn't that easy mid-year. I can already see probably all three teams saying no to this. JGR is already full with three riders. Star...
Switching contracts isn't that easy mid-year. I can already see probably all three teams saying no to this.

Star needs Cooper as he's podium/win material and van help Jeremy in the points.

Bloss just had a concussion and is riding a 450, Rock River won't be giving up A-Mart for that.

Logic people, logic.
I know this amigo, was just trying to finish Green Machines plan.

Webb is prolly going to be the deciding factor of this championship, and how long it takes Musquin to pick up his bike after he gets crushed.
8/13/2015 10:21am
hillbilly wrote:
that's the spirit champ

regarding webb- if he's contractually obliged to race the 250 at the ama rounds, why not race the USGP on the 450? no practice for racing the 450 better than racing the 450! against the riders he will be competing against at the nations...
TeamGreen
8/13/2015 10:21am
TeamGreen wrote:

Sounds good, to me!

I agree with the OP.

RPM68 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Switching contracts isn't that easy mid-year. I can already see probably all three teams saying no to this. JGR is already full with three riders. Star...

Logic people, logic.
"Star needs Cooper as he's podium/win material and van help Jeremy in the points."

Let Jeremy Bye...?
h&m_cycle
8/13/2015 10:49am
What he should do is not crash in the last 2 races... I don't give a shit what he rides in France, if he's lying
there waiting for someone to pull the bike off in the middle of the track, it won't matter...
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/13/2015 10:51am
RPM68 wrote:
ML512 wrote:

Logic people, logic.
TeamGreen wrote:
"Star needs Cooper as he's podium/win material and van help Jeremy in the points."

Let Jeremy Bye...?
I meant more like keeping Musquin from scoring full points for winning a moto.
8/13/2015 11:05am
I got a question : who's been selected to replace Martin on the 250 or one the others on the 450 ? Like Paturel and Frossard for France for example...
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/13/2015 11:07am
I got a question : who's been selected to replace Martin on the 250 or one the others on the 450 ? Like Paturel and Frossard...
I got a question : who's been selected to replace Martin on the 250 or one the others on the 450 ? Like Paturel and Frossard for France for example...
As far as I'm aware, we don't usually place a back-up rider...
plowboy
8/13/2015 11:22am
hillbilly wrote:
Zracer wrote:
Its a little early in the day to be that drunk
You have to get out of that box. Since he never went to bed or quit drinking from yesterday....it's not early but very late.
Mit12
8/13/2015 12:12pm
Web is hired to race the 250 nationals for Yamaha. It is not in the riders contracts to rrace the MXoN.
fidiot
8/13/2015 12:22pm
Get a good start and not crash.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/13/2015 12:59pm
Frenchy don't want none. Webb will do just fine on a 450 after finishing up the series on his 250. It will only take a few rides to get acclimated, and he'll be pretty close to his optimum speed. He'll need a whole season to get 100% comfy anyway, so two additional races won't mean squat.

Post a reply to: MXON: what Cooper Webb should do...

The Latest