MXGP of Switzerland Track pictures

mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
7/29/2016 11:11am
Another man-made track on flat ground. A shame for our sport, especially in a country like Switzerland with great other places to hold a race like that.

|
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
7/29/2016 11:13am

abn166
7/29/2016 11:32am
Looks like they are getting ready for a local fair race, not an MXGP.
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
7/29/2016 11:43am
I was at a few races in Frauenfeld a couple of years ago, and they had a nice track located next to a forest which was partly going around a big shooting range. It had some nice elevation changes and used the natural terrain pretty good too. But when heared that they got to hold a MXGP, I was pretty sure it can't be at that track because the place would be way too small for a MXGP race.

And, to be honest, until today I was always planing on going to attend the race. But now, after seeing those pictures, I am not so sure anymore. And when I go, it is only because it is only a 1.5 hours drive from my house.
Moto810
7/29/2016 11:56am
It seems to me that MXGP is trying to go more to SX than MX. I can understand their thoughts because SX makes all the money. However, my thought is MXGP should be working on combining the best US National tracks with the best EU tracks and then they have something cool!

The Shop

7/29/2016 12:01pm
Looks like something the Americans would do (and claim it's great).
kb
7/29/2016 12:19pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Is that a joke?
Yes.
Gukamonster
7/29/2016 5:23pm
Looks like a shameful joke.

Roggenburg, the classic track is still going just race there.

http://www.mc-roggenburg.ch/

Replacing Lierop with the fake Assen track is also dumb and not cool. If someone ponied up the cash they would probably hold a GP at a Best Western hotel parking lot.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
7/29/2016 6:18pm
It's awesome to get a gp back to Switzerland to begin with. It's almost impossible to get the permission for that...
The track will be decent, I'm sure.
brimx153
7/29/2016 6:26pm
Roggenburg use to be one of my favorite tracks . was always great to see the top rider s go sooo fast on flat slick off camber corners , was a great track as it was different from all the other tracks . such a shame to see this pile of crap track for a MXGP
mx836
7/29/2016 6:36pm
What a shame. I'm glad the Nationals went away from Utah which I think may even be better than this race is looking to be. Out in the boonies is good with me. I like the races being completely off the map in moto heaven.
jarvinator
7/29/2016 6:56pm
down the slippery slope of lameness!
Whitey
7/29/2016 7:03pm
You wait until they put up their oversized advertising, you wont be able to see shit from ground level.

Luongo and his cronies dont give a fuck about the paying public.
Bearuno
7/29/2016 9:11pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2016 9:12pm
Baby Cheesus wept.

I go to Switzerland a few times a year, as the 2 companies I work for are based there, and, the place is a wonder, terrain wise.

I'd hoped for a Roggenburg like track .

But no, it appears Luongo The Drongo is determined to scar the sport with crap like this, time and time again. It's even more piss poor than SX tracks in Stadiums.

If this is really what it is - and those banks of stands show a level of expenditure that I doubt a local fair race would ever require - it's yet another Shameful part of Luongos / Youthstreams raping of the World Motocross Championships.

7/29/2016 11:54pm
Disgusting what youth stream has done to the mxgp, putting a track in the middle of a race track at Germany was bad then they did it to assen then now this, Thailand and Charlotte speedway. It's a joke I've been quite defensive over the mxgp from other countries slating it but their taking the p**s now. When's the last time you seen a stacked gate in the mx2 or even mxgp class (they limited the gate to 30 riders) the huge banners everywhere which makes the racetrack hard to see on tv never mind spectating. I thing YS are trying to keep the fans by injecting overseas riders such as villopoto and reed, especially when reeds doing a season over here next year. It's just a cash cow for them!
line-up
7/30/2016 12:03am
Disgusting what youth stream has done to the mxgp, putting a track in the middle of a race track at Germany was bad then they did...
Disgusting what youth stream has done to the mxgp, putting a track in the middle of a race track at Germany was bad then they did it to assen then now this, Thailand and Charlotte speedway. It's a joke I've been quite defensive over the mxgp from other countries slating it but their taking the p**s now. When's the last time you seen a stacked gate in the mx2 or even mxgp class (they limited the gate to 30 riders) the huge banners everywhere which makes the racetrack hard to see on tv never mind spectating. I thing YS are trying to keep the fans by injecting overseas riders such as villopoto and reed, especially when reeds doing a season over here next year. It's just a cash cow for them!
You must have missed all the races of the season so far or you didn't have breakfast yet.
There is no 30 riders limit and the gates have been pretty crowded in all classes this year.
And Reed is not doing a season in Europe next year.
RG1
7/30/2016 1:01am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2016 1:04am
Bearuno wrote:
Baby Cheesus wept. I go to Switzerland a few times a year, as the 2 companies I work for are based there, and, the place is...
Baby Cheesus wept.

I go to Switzerland a few times a year, as the 2 companies I work for are based there, and, the place is a wonder, terrain wise.

I'd hoped for a Roggenburg like track .

But no, it appears Luongo The Drongo is determined to scar the sport with crap like this, time and time again. It's even more piss poor than SX tracks in Stadiums.

If this is really what it is - and those banks of stands show a level of expenditure that I doubt a local fair race would ever require - it's yet another Shameful part of Luongos / Youthstreams raping of the World Motocross Championships.

Whilst I am not a fan of Luongo, I think it's only fair to remember that having a GP at this location is not his idea. Someone would've approached Youthstream and said I want to host a GP in Switzerland, at this location. It's up to Youthstream to then decide whether or not the GP should be there (and of course you could argue that they should've decided against that) but with a good bunch of Swiss talent about and Swiss riders doing well in both classes, it's good to have a GP back there.

Also, the track is nowhere near finished in those photos, so I'm not going to comment how good or bad it is until I've seen the race there.
PjotrrB
7/30/2016 2:08am
Where Germany (Lausitzring?) was bad, Assen on the other hand was great. Lots of audience, great tv spectacle, great racing.
A few of those on the calendar are more then welcome...
Whitey
7/30/2016 3:59am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2016 4:01am
RG1 wrote:
Whilst I am not a fan of Luongo, I think it's only fair to remember that having a GP at this location is not his idea...
Whilst I am not a fan of Luongo, I think it's only fair to remember that having a GP at this location is not his idea. Someone would've approached Youthstream and said I want to host a GP in Switzerland, at this location. It's up to Youthstream to then decide whether or not the GP should be there (and of course you could argue that they should've decided against that) but with a good bunch of Swiss talent about and Swiss riders doing well in both classes, it's good to have a GP back there.

Also, the track is nowhere near finished in those photos, so I'm not going to comment how good or bad it is until I've seen the race there.
Youre kidding right, just because it isnt finished you wont comment, you have heard the saying you cant polish a turd right?

This place looks identical to what i used to build with a mate at his families land when we were 12 years old with no earth moving equipment.

Just putting up a shit tonne of advertising which completely fucks it for the paying spectator doesnt improve fuck all.

Giuseppe and his cronies are the cancer of MX, no question about it.
Crush
7/30/2016 4:12am
Someone needs to assassinate Luongo.
RG1
7/30/2016 4:55am
Whitey wrote:
Youre kidding right, just because it isnt finished you wont comment, you have heard the saying you cant polish a turd right? This place looks identical...
Youre kidding right, just because it isnt finished you wont comment, you have heard the saying you cant polish a turd right?

This place looks identical to what i used to build with a mate at his families land when we were 12 years old with no earth moving equipment.

Just putting up a shit tonne of advertising which completely fucks it for the paying spectator doesnt improve fuck all.

Giuseppe and his cronies are the cancer of MX, no question about it.
I'm just not going to completely write it off as a disaster before I've even seen a bike turn a wheel on it. All I've seen is a picture of some jumps, I don't know the layout or anything. Maybe it will be technical and create some good racing, it's impossible to tell at this stage. One thing I can guarantee is it will be a million times better than anything you built a mates house.

Youthstream are not the cancer of MX, that's a big exaggeration. Yes, some of the things they do are not exactly in line with the tradition of the sport, and some of the tracks aren't very good, but there's also a lot of positives. The GP series is 100x more professional than it ever was before, and the level is higher than it has been for an awful long time, in terms of both speed and strength in depth. If it was that bad, the fans and riders wouldn't show up, both continue to do so
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
7/30/2016 5:41am
I think it's great to watch all the best riders battle at any track, however that track looks like a local fair race and not worthy.
hvaughn88
7/30/2016 5:55am
Looks like something the Americans would do (and claim it's great).
Nice try.
AK74
7/30/2016 7:14am
Robgvx wrote:
Sad.
Happy.

havemah
7/30/2016 4:39pm
When I heard a gp was being held in Switserland I was looking forward to it. They have some really great tracks. I have been to Roggenburg and it was magnificent. A natural track sited in the mountains with magnificent natural surroundings. A great atmosphere.

Seeing these pictures I am really disappointed. Another man made track. It doesn't make a difference where is is being held. It could be at any parking lot out there. No use going to Switserland for it.

Ever since Youthstream took over it went from better to worse. They are hardly racing on a real motocross track anymore. Only Loket and Trentine seem a decent track to me. I am Dutch. The Dutch Gps are being held at Valkenswaard and Assen but there are venues which are a lot better for gp's (Markelo, Mill).

Of course the greatest dissapointment is there is no longer a gp at Namur.

wreckitrandy
7/30/2016 7:22pm
I clicked on this thread fully expecting to see a beautiful outdoor track set in the mountains. To call the track in the photos a disappointment would be generous. Much like the track at Charlotte, I can't imagine a good enough reason for holding a race there. Surely, there are better venues.
Alex
7/30/2016 7:46pm
Switzerland - a country synonymous with mountains and rugged terrain and they find a flat field. Unbelievable.

Post a reply to: MXGP of Switzerland Track pictures

The Latest