MXGP does it, right?

SlasherMcGee
Edited Date/Time 4/19/2016 2:47pm
I subscribed to mxgp-tv last year for the first time, and purchased again this year. While I still enjoy watching AMA motocross more than the GP's, I think the GP's are ahead in the viewing/streaming department.

For $125, I get:

-19 Total race weekends(including MXDN)
-79 total motos
-44 + hours of mx
-Ability to watch a full moto, commercial free, immediately after it's completed, or, even better, later at night sitting in my lay-z-boy.

*Note I'm not even considering the 20 minute qualifying moto's on Saturday which can also be fun to watch..

$125 may seem like a lot for a series where it's common for a series where it's common for less than 20 riders to be on the grid, but I'm at the point in my life we're I'm willing to spend that to enjoy some MX.

I still subscribe to DirecTV, so I'll get to watch all the AMA moto's this summer, which is great, but:

-If I watch live, I'm in my living room on a Saturday for 4 hours.
-If I watch live, I get hi-def for the NBCSN coverage, but not for the mavtv coverage. 480i? ouch..
-Commercials chew up 6 to 9 minutes of a 34 minute moto
-I can record it via DVR, which is nice, but points #2 and #3 still exists
-I can live stream it via nbcsn, but I'm still getting commercial interrupted motos

Hopefully AMA Motocross will consider a package like MXGP provides. They could still broadcast on nbcsn and mavtv, just like MXGP still broadcasts(delayed) on CBSSN.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd gladly shell out $100 to watch commercial free, watch-whenever-I-want American MX.
|
4/19/2016 9:25am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2016 9:25am
I bought in this year & I can't fault it at all. I hardly watch anything live so this service is perfect for me. Plus the added bonus of showing ALL of the European races live this year. I bought the early edition so it cost me approximately £70.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/19/2016 9:33am
You didn't mention the EMX and WMX classes either. Those have great racing too usually.

I'd love to pay $100 for the supercross season and the same for the nationals.

Right now it sucks for us in Europe. Legally we can't watch it at all and even the highlights on their youtube channel are now restricted to the USA (why would you do that?!)... But then in the broadcast they say Supercross viewers all around the world (yeah 90% of them are watching it on some dubious internet streams that make your antivirus program think world war 3 has broken out).
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
4/19/2016 9:37am
Wish Supercross and the nationals have something similar. Always a PITA to find a decent stream of supercross. It's so bad that I don't care for Supercross anymore. Not going through all the bullshit to watch a 15 min race with 50 min of commercials. There is only a stream for the first motos for the nationals and even then you have to use a vpn if you're from Europe.. Also with the nationals there is a lot of commercial breaks. On Eurosport 2 with MXGP there is just one really short break and that's it.

And If the commentators keep stating it's the most prestigious championship in the world then why is it such a fucking hassle to watch?
Motofinne
4/19/2016 9:51am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2016 9:53am
Well the whole MXGP-TV is by far the best service in our sport. Everyone in the world can watch the races with zero commercials.

And you get to watch the EMX and WMX races too. So the 2-stroke maniacs should go absolutely crazy when it comes to the 125 and 300 class.

The Shop

h&m_cycle
4/19/2016 9:54am
NVA57 wrote:
Wish Supercross and the nationals have something similar. Always a PITA to find a decent stream of supercross. It's so bad that I don't care for...
Wish Supercross and the nationals have something similar. Always a PITA to find a decent stream of supercross. It's so bad that I don't care for Supercross anymore. Not going through all the bullshit to watch a 15 min race with 50 min of commercials. There is only a stream for the first motos for the nationals and even then you have to use a vpn if you're from Europe.. Also with the nationals there is a lot of commercial breaks. On Eurosport 2 with MXGP there is just one really short break and that's it.

And If the commentators keep stating it's the most prestigious championship in the world then why is it such a fucking hassle to watch?
The Nationals are a pain in the ass to record, but thanks to Davey & MXsports, you can wait a day or 2 to watch all the
Motos for free...

Lucas Oil is the event sponsor which owns MavTv...

SlasherMcGee
4/19/2016 9:58am
NVA57 wrote:
Wish Supercross and the nationals have something similar. Always a PITA to find a decent stream of supercross. It's so bad that I don't care for...

h&m_cycle wrote:
The Nationals are a pain in the ass to record, but thanks to Davey & MXsports, you can wait a day or 2 to watch all...
The Nationals are a pain in the ass to record, but thanks to Davey & MXsports, you can wait a day or 2 to watch all the
Motos for free...

Lucas Oil is the event sponsor which owns MavTv...

I think the motos that get posted up on the Lucas Oil MX website still have the commercials
4/19/2016 10:11am
Motofinne wrote:
Well the whole MXGP-TV is by far the best service in our sport. Everyone in the world can watch the races with zero commercials. And you...
Well the whole MXGP-TV is by far the best service in our sport. Everyone in the world can watch the races with zero commercials.

And you get to watch the EMX and WMX races too. So the 2-stroke maniacs should go absolutely crazy when it comes to the 125 and 300 class.
Next round, I can't wait WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
Motofinne
4/19/2016 10:17am
Motofinne wrote:
Well the whole MXGP-TV is by far the best service in our sport. Everyone in the world can watch the races with zero commercials. And you...

Next round, I can't wait WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
I agree, especially because there will be many riders from Finland there! Wink But seriously, i love the EMX series. Great racing, two 2 stroke classes and the future stars of our sport riding on really rough tracks!
DA498
4/19/2016 12:17pm
Same crap every year! Cant stand the US coverage, MXGP-TV is great! I still jump through all the hoops to watch my favorite sport, but can only hope for a better option. I would gladly pay for the service similar to MXGP-TV. Ill keep saying it every year, until i give up and quit watching all together....
4/19/2016 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2016 1:58pm
Plus you get all archives from years back, some Motos from years back are just pure entertainment. Having Malin announcing is fantastic, his knowledge of the riders, teams and actually walking & analyzing of the tracks just like he was still riding them. By the way he is still amazing and shreds on a 125
4/19/2016 1:57pm
Motofinne wrote:
I agree, especially because there will be many riders from Finland there! ;) But seriously, i love the EMX series. Great racing, two 2 stroke classes...
I agree, especially because there will be many riders from Finland there! Wink But seriously, i love the EMX series. Great racing, two 2 stroke classes and the future stars of our sport riding on really rough tracks!
Miro Sihvonen is a rider that I'll be keeping my eye on this year. How'd you think he'll do this year in EMX 250, top 10, top 5 overall?
Pirate421
4/19/2016 2:01pm
I would definitely pay to have what mxgptv does. I would buy a package for the Nationals and Supercross. But especially the nats those are really hard to watch live or even later in the day. Who do we need to get ahold of to make this happen, it's 2016
Motofinne
4/19/2016 2:07pm
Motofinne wrote:
I agree, especially because there will be many riders from Finland there! ;) But seriously, i love the EMX series. Great racing, two 2 stroke classes...
Miro Sihvonen is a rider that I'll be keeping my eye on this year. How'd you think he'll do this year in EMX 250, top 10...
Miro Sihvonen is a rider that I'll be keeping my eye on this year. How'd you think he'll do this year in EMX 250, top 10, top 5 overall?
I think top 5 is a bit too much to ask for. Top 10 is realistic!
MXMattii
4/19/2016 2:19pm
Motofinne wrote:
Miro Sihvonen is a rider that I'll be keeping my eye on this year. How'd you think he'll do this year in EMX 250, top 10...
Motofinne wrote:
I think top 5 is a bit too much to ask for. Top 10 is realistic!
Dunno the schedule but if Lommel is on it he can break into the top5.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
4/19/2016 2:26pm
There is no f-in way I would pay $100 to watch something that is otherwise available for free.
Motofinne
4/19/2016 2:31pm
MXMattii wrote:
Dunno the schedule but if Lommel is on it he can break into the top5.
Yep, he's a decent sand rider
Top 5 in a sand race? Possible. Top 5 overall in the series? That would be a surprise!
4/19/2016 2:38pm
Motofinne wrote:
Top 5 in a sand race? Possible. Top 5 overall in the series? That would be a surprise!
Didn't he beat Prado & all the boys last year at Valkenswaard on the 125?
Motofinne
4/19/2016 2:47pm
Motofinne wrote:
Didn't he beat Prado & all the boys last year at Valkenswaard on the 125?
I think he went 2-1 for the overall, so he is really good in the sand!

Post a reply to: MXGP does it, right?

The Latest