MXGP Riders coming to the USA

Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 3:01am
We know Tonus will ride for PC next season. Rumored that Tixier is as well. Also a rumor that Ferrandis and Paulin will join them. You guys know anything
|
6/24/2014 12:29am
We know Tonus will ride for PC next season. Rumored that Tixier is as well. Also a rumor that Ferrandis and Paulin will join them. You...
We know Tonus will ride for PC next season. Rumored that Tixier is as well. Also a rumor that Ferrandis and Paulin will join them. You guys know anything
Didn't mean Tixier for PC
TMV
6/24/2014 12:39am
Tixier and Paulin had offers, don't know about Ferrandis. Paulin is waiting and wants to concentrate on his recovery and his come back after a bad thumb injury before making a decision. Tixier said his main goal is to give in a try in America and he wants to as soon as possible with or without KTM. He said 2015 is an option...
Fraser
6/24/2014 12:41am
I heard Tixier , Febvere and Ferrandis looking to the US. Paulin has been offered a ride at HRC.
Still that's 4 of the top 5 in MX2. GL's U23 Rule doesn't seem to be encouraging riders to move up to MXGP...
jamma10
6/24/2014 12:50am
TMV wrote:
Tixier and Paulin had offers, don't know about Ferrandis. Paulin is waiting and wants to concentrate on his recovery and his come back after a bad...
Tixier and Paulin had offers, don't know about Ferrandis. Paulin is waiting and wants to concentrate on his recovery and his come back after a bad thumb injury before making a decision. Tixier said his main goal is to give in a try in America and he wants to as soon as possible with or without KTM. He said 2015 is an option...
I read Ferrandis had already signed up for GPs for another year?

In a way I hope Luongo does lose a whole brace of young riders to America, he might finally wake up and smell the coffee.

'An important issue which has arisen recently, is concerning MX2’s 23 year age limit Regulation. The large majority of teams and manufacturers are supportive of this rule, however there are a very few who, for their own business, try to change these rules by spreading rumors that these rules will be changed next year; this is completely false. Youthstream’s position is very firm; these rules were created for 2 main reasons, the first is to give access to all talented riders from the European Championship to a good MX2 team, and the 2nd is to reinforce the MXGP class making it really the major class with all the big stars racing together, and now after experience this works perfectly. This is one of the most successfull regulation changes over the last years.'

Giuseppe Luongo

The Shop

Fraser
6/24/2014 12:53am
Sorry Ferrandis said 'USA when he has to go up to 450'
mccread
6/24/2014 1:57am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 2:16am
Fraser wrote:
I heard Tixier , Febvere and Ferrandis looking to the US. Paulin has been offered a ride at HRC. Still that's 4 of the top 5...
I heard Tixier , Febvere and Ferrandis looking to the US. Paulin has been offered a ride at HRC.
Still that's 4 of the top 5 in MX2. GL's U23 Rule doesn't seem to be encouraging riders to move up to MXGP...
Those guys are all French so I think that has more to do with it. Paulin, Tixier and Ferrandis have always said they want to race sx in USA though and neither will be winning MXGP if they move up anyway, so no harm in them giving US a crack.

Seems like Paulin will stay in MXGP next year though, HRC want him next year or Searle (although they wanted Tonus too).

I think Tixier will stay MX2 if Herlings moves up, if he doesn't, he might go to US because he knows he won't win a World title. I believe Ferrandis had to get top three this year to go to US so looks more likely he will stay in MX2 for a year anyway. Febvre could be moving to MXGP possibly staying with Husky but might have an option with Husky in US too.

As regards the age rule I think u25 would be better as it gives guys who have had injuries slow their progress a bit more time to get on the pace. Guys that want more time on a 250 or know they won't be ready to battle for podiums in MXGP might head to the US.

The more interesting point is, are the USA running out of talent if they have to get riders from MX2 in GPs? Maybe the MX2 GP riders aren't so slow after all!

But the u23 rule is working, MX2 just keeps bringing through the talent and KTM have the next wonder kid coming through in Davy Pootjes in MX2 next season anyway. While Honda have tied dowm Gajser for the next two years and factory Suzuki have Brian Hsu coming through and Jeremy Seewer signed for the next two years. The young guys are getting the opportunity on top machinery and I guess that is the point.

jamma10
6/24/2014 2:10am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 2:19am
"But the u23 rule is working, MX2 just keeps bringing through the talent and KTM have the next wonder kid coming through in Davy Pootjes in MX2 next season anyway. While Honda have tied dowm Gajser for the next two years and factory Suzuki have Brian Hsu coming through and Jeremy Seewer signed for the next two years. The young guys are getting the opportunity on top machinery and I guess that is the point."

The EMX system works well, but what is the point of nurturing these youngsters through the system to then lose them just as they're reaching their peak, ie the MX2/MXGP transition? In his usual delusional way Luongo keeps trying to convince us that MXGP is the pinnacle of World Motocross, "the 30 best riders in the world", yet the last MX2 World Champion to move up was Cairoli in 2008.
mccread
6/24/2014 2:33am
Yeah but Musquin and Roczen always wanted to go to the USA to race supercross anyway. There isn't much you can do about that if it's to race supercross.

MXGP is the pinnacle of outdoor motocross but some guys just want to race or experience supercross and you can't do both at the same time. You have to make a choice and the best time to go learn to race SX is when you are young.

Most guys though do stay in GP and Herlings who may ,be the FMOP already, will be going to MXGP as is Coldenhoff while Rattray and Searle have came back too.

The power of the US media and exposure the USA and supercross in particular gets in Europe means some riders will always want to experience it. But to be fair to GL the MXGP is so deep these days it's ridicuclous and next year it's only going to get deeper.

From my point of view it's good to see the odd guy go there as it makes the AMA more exciting. The GPs already have enough talent.

Fraser
6/24/2014 2:56am
Are you covering for Geoff while he's on holiday or something?
JonnyDH84
6/24/2014 3:02am
I get why the young guys want to go to the US MXGP may have talented riders but as a series it is not doing well gate numbers are poor and that doesnt leave much opportunity for young riders moving up. Plus there is hearlings sandbagging the MX2 class.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
6/24/2014 3:41am
Sorry McCread there is no pinnacle in Motocross as it stands, there are two Motocross series that have as much talent in either of them, so as long as the top riders in the world are split across two separate series there is no pinnacle just a plateau with all America's top riders choosing to stay in the U.S while the majority of Europe's top riders chose to stay in the mainly European based world championship.

Of course some of the very best from Europe choose to got to the U.S but never the other way around, but you are probably right mainly due to SX.

However if you take into account that the majority of aspiring riders from non European countries who want to make it on the world stage have used the World Motocross Championship as a stepping stone to the U.S and continue to see the MXGP as a stepping stone to the U.S probably suggests that outside of Europe, making it to the U.S is considered the pinnacle for the majority of riders.

For me, I enjoy watching both, though the GP's this year have been more affected by injuries than the U.S MX so many top riders out, was looking at the list of riders who are top 20 in points at the moment in MX1 and there are quite a few out of action at the moment.
tiddlermx23
6/24/2014 3:46am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 3:47am
I was under the impression that Herlings was staying in mx2 for another year because he is still only 19. I personally feel that age really shouldn't matter when you are that fast (Roczen isn't struggling) already and won mx2 so many times with very little challengers but to each his own I guess..
biker85
6/24/2014 4:41am
the U23 rule shows that they don't understand a thing abouth MX at YS ...

some guys are just not made to ride a 450 .... they are faster on a 250 ... so why should those guys move up to MXGP?

biker85
6/24/2014 4:49am
mccread wrote:
Yeah but Musquin and Roczen always wanted to go to the USA to race supercross anyway. There isn't much you can do about that if it's...
Yeah but Musquin and Roczen always wanted to go to the USA to race supercross anyway. There isn't much you can do about that if it's to race supercross.

MXGP is the pinnacle of outdoor motocross but some guys just want to race or experience supercross and you can't do both at the same time. You have to make a choice and the best time to go learn to race SX is when you are young.

Most guys though do stay in GP and Herlings who may ,be the FMOP already, will be going to MXGP as is Coldenhoff while Rattray and Searle have came back too.

The power of the US media and exposure the USA and supercross in particular gets in Europe means some riders will always want to experience it. But to be fair to GL the MXGP is so deep these days it's ridicuclous and next year it's only going to get deeper.

From my point of view it's good to see the odd guy go there as it makes the AMA more exciting. The GPs already have enough talent.

MXGP is not so deep as it seems ..... and with probably only Charlier, Butron and Coldenhoff moving up, it wont change much.

BWRAAP
6/24/2014 4:54am
I was under the impression that Herlings was staying in mx2 for another year because he is still only 19. I personally feel that age really...
I was under the impression that Herlings was staying in mx2 for another year because he is still only 19. I personally feel that age really shouldn't matter when you are that fast (Roczen isn't struggling) already and won mx2 so many times with very little challengers but to each his own I guess..
I bet this isn't JH's own decission.. KTM has him for one more year, and nobody is consistent enough to get the MX2 title next year if JH moves up, so they can't buy an other rider (like they bought Musquin away from Honda)

KTM wants titles.. and itn't gonna pay big money for AC and JH in the same class..
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/24/2014 6:04am
biker85 wrote:
MXGP is not so deep as it seems ..... and with probably only Charlier, Butron and Coldenhoff moving up, it wont change much.

You still have 3 riders within 30 points for the championship lead after 2/3 of the series.
Had Paulin Nagl Bobryshev and Searle not innjured themselves, we would have probably more up there (at least Paulin).
Next season they will all be back fit, Frossard will probably be back to some more consistant results (he showed that he has the speed)
Add in Strijbos and the 3 upcoming guys (and maybe Rattray, Waters) and you have over 10 guys with shots at the Podium or a win and at least 5 with a shot at the title.
If this is not deep I dont know what is
6/24/2014 6:09am
McCread is right.. You know talent coming from usa must not be all that great when teams over there are trying to sign riders from mx2.. Americans think that class is slow but yet they are still trying to sign the riders lol.
Anyway i think tonus and tixier will be the only 2 that go..Altho if i was tixier i would stay KTM or go ride for Jacky Martens Husky.. Febrve to Ice One husky i think, ferrandis has a CLS contract...Paulin will get a load of money from HRC if he goes and i am sure kawasaki want to keep him so he should stay in gp's! Its surprising tonus didnt take that HRC ride, he would have been great in mxgp and been offered more money for that ride.. Lifestyle better in USA i guess and that is why riders go, also supercross as well..
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
6/24/2014 7:14am
McCread is right.. You know talent coming from usa must not be all that great when teams over there are trying to sign riders from mx2...
McCread is right.. You know talent coming from usa must not be all that great when teams over there are trying to sign riders from mx2.. Americans think that class is slow but yet they are still trying to sign the riders lol.
Anyway i think tonus and tixier will be the only 2 that go..Altho if i was tixier i would stay KTM or go ride for Jacky Martens Husky.. Febrve to Ice One husky i think, ferrandis has a CLS contract...Paulin will get a load of money from HRC if he goes and i am sure kawasaki want to keep him so he should stay in gp's! Its surprising tonus didnt take that HRC ride, he would have been great in mxgp and been offered more money for that ride.. Lifestyle better in USA i guess and that is why riders go, also supercross as well..
I got news for you son.... the USA never runs out of motocross talent. It is overflowing at the moment.
Jt$
6/24/2014 7:27am
Herlings is on his own level but the rest are very comparable to what the USA currently has to offer. The top ten in both MX2/250 series are very talented. Trying to say one is better than the other is not really feasible IMO.
Ing
6/24/2014 7:30am
It's the euro riders that want to come to America because this is the pinnacle of MX. Isn't there some sort of "I love MXGP" web site you GL worshipers can go to?
TMV
6/24/2014 7:31am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 7:32am
McCread is right.. You know talent coming from usa must not be all that great when teams over there are trying to sign riders from mx2...
Paulin had offers from HRC, Monster Kawasaki and Husqvarna...
6/24/2014 8:20am
Park Boys wrote:
I got news for you son.... the USA never runs out of motocross talent. It is overflowing at the moment.
Lol why aren't the teams in USA signing the talent that's coming through then instead of trying to sign GP riders then?
6/24/2014 8:21am
TMV wrote:
Paulin had offers from HRC, Monster Kawasaki and Husqvarna...
yeah Ice one as well.. Paulin would be a silly boy to turn all those offers down to go to USA..
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
6/24/2014 8:43am
Park Boys wrote:
Lol why aren't the teams in USA signing the talent that's coming through then instead of trying to sign GP riders then?
Lets see Webb, Martin and AC were all rookies last year. Half of the factory connection team are young guys and they have Jordan coming up this year, Shane on TLD was a rookie last year. Justin Hill is in his second year at PC. Do you need me to keep going? We have a never ending crop of young guys coming up through the ranks we always have and always will.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
6/24/2014 8:44am
Jt$ wrote:
Herlings is on his own level but the rest are very comparable to what the USA currently has to offer. The top ten in both MX2/250...
Herlings is on his own level but the rest are very comparable to what the USA currently has to offer. The top ten in both MX2/250 series are very talented. Trying to say one is better than the other is not really feasible IMO.
Do you mean Herlings is on his own level in Europe?
RangerLee
6/24/2014 9:35am
I would love to see the MXGP's start a little later giving some of the GP riders a chance to do SX before their season starts. Sure they would not be able to do every round, but even to do a couple would be great to see. This way they can race SX and stay in their series should that be their wish.
biker85
6/24/2014 9:44am
crusty_xx wrote:
You still have 3 riders within 30 points for the championship lead after 2/3 of the series. Had Paulin Nagl Bobryshev and Searle not innjured themselves...
You still have 3 riders within 30 points for the championship lead after 2/3 of the series.
Had Paulin Nagl Bobryshev and Searle not innjured themselves, we would have probably more up there (at least Paulin).
Next season they will all be back fit, Frossard will probably be back to some more consistant results (he showed that he has the speed)
Add in Strijbos and the 3 upcoming guys (and maybe Rattray, Waters) and you have over 10 guys with shots at the Podium or a win and at least 5 with a shot at the title.
If this is not deep I dont know what is
facts are

MXGP 2014: 4 different heat winners: Cairoli, Paulin, Nagl and Desalle
MXGP 2013: 5 different heat winners Cairoli, Desalle, De Dycker, Paulin and Simpson

We all think they many riders can win but history proves they can't anymore.
Zracer
6/24/2014 9:48am
Jt$ wrote:
Herlings is on his own level but the rest are very comparable to what the USA currently has to offer. The top ten in both MX2/250...
Park Boys wrote:
Do you mean Herlings is on his own level in Europe?
I dont think Herlings is on his own level in Europe. I think he would stomp the shit out of the 250 class here too.Ya its just my own opinion but I think it would look like Stewart reborn on a 125 if Herlings raced outdoors here.
biker85
6/24/2014 9:48am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 9:49am
but then again, if everything is so amazing in the Gp's ... why do they all leave?

Post a reply to: MXGP Riders coming to the USA

The Latest