MXGP....Really?

HuskyEd
Edited Date/Time 8/11/2015 6:21pm
Can't believe Luongo is actually going to do this in MXGP. Shocked

Mxlarge: What about facilities? Some GP’s the paddock hardly fits into the facility and at times parking is difficult for spectators. I understand we need old school circuits to keep the heritage of the sport, but with the sport growing and teams being more professional, do we need to look at expanding the events?

Luongo: We also need to work on the infrastructure, like better parking, better facilities, more like in Assen. In South Africa the GP will be in a stadium, and also we are looking at a big stadium in Germany, an indoor stadium. We need to see the situation how to manage the track. We are looking at many things. Everything is growing fast with MXGP, and we need to grow with the sport. The teams have such a big effort, very professional and some of the circuits are too old for the trucks and spectators. We need some old school circuits, but we also need to bring the sport to bigger venues. In South Africa the race will be in a stadium that is outdoors. It will be very compact and a huge grandstand on one end of the circuit. They already do some auto-racing at the facility, and it will be very impressive.

I know nobody wants to click on Geoff's site.

http://www.mxlarge.com/2015/08/10/giuseppe-luongo-interview-4/
|
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/10/2015 4:10pm
Wow Geoff conveniently set up that question to keyhole nicely with GLs answer.
8/10/2015 4:12pm
early wrote:
Luongo wrote the question.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
8/10/2015 4:13pm
So... we're going to go to motocross inside a stadium to make it easier to spectate. Hmm sounds familiar this.

The Shop

mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
8/10/2015 4:14pm
early wrote:
I think you're right there
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/10/2015 4:16pm
As mxgp website of the year (or whatever) Im sure Geoff has more integrity than to read a script written by the master himself.
DonM
8/10/2015 4:22pm
early wrote:
As mxgp website of the year (or whatever) Im sure Geoff has more integrity than to read a script written by the master himself.
Integrity and Geoff.....nah I think not....
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/10/2015 4:35pm
Guys, i really think you are being too hard on Geoff. He is a fan and steward of the sport, he wants whats best for the future of global motocross, if you ever read his reporting you would know this.
agn5009
8/10/2015 5:13pm
early wrote:
Guys, i really think you are being too hard on Geoff. He is a fan and steward of the sport, he wants whats best for the...
Guys, i really think you are being too hard on Geoff. He is a fan and steward of the sport, he wants whats best for the future of global motocross, if you ever read his reporting you would know this.
Geoff??
stillwelding
8/10/2015 5:34pm
HuskyEd wrote:
Can't believe Luongo is actually going to do this in MXGP. :ohmy: [i]Mxlarge: What about facilities? Some GP’s the paddock hardly fits into the facility and...
Can't believe Luongo is actually going to do this in MXGP. Shocked

Mxlarge: What about facilities? Some GP’s the paddock hardly fits into the facility and at times parking is difficult for spectators. I understand we need old school circuits to keep the heritage of the sport, but with the sport growing and teams being more professional, do we need to look at expanding the events?

Luongo: We also need to work on the infrastructure, like better parking, better facilities, more like in Assen. In South Africa the GP will be in a stadium, and also we are looking at a big stadium in Germany, an indoor stadium. We need to see the situation how to manage the track. We are looking at many things. Everything is growing fast with MXGP, and we need to grow with the sport. The teams have such a big effort, very professional and some of the circuits are too old for the trucks and spectators. We need some old school circuits, but we also need to bring the sport to bigger venues. In South Africa the race will be in a stadium that is outdoors. It will be very compact and a huge grandstand on one end of the circuit. They already do some auto-racing at the facility, and it will be very impressive.

I know nobody wants to click on Geoff's site.

http://www.mxlarge.com/2015/08/10/giuseppe-luongo-interview-4/
We're not reading an interview there, that's called a script Tongue
Hut
8/10/2015 5:43pm
We're not reading an interview there, that's called a script Tongue
Boom!
MXGooner
8/10/2015 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2015 5:55pm
MXGP

What...is next?
Xracerdone
8/10/2015 6:13pm
Do you think MX Geoff would have signed the paper Tony Alessi wanted Mathess to sign? I believe he would, and give him a hand job
8/10/2015 7:06pm
They should include a few actual supercrosses in the schedule. It would make it way more interesting as well as make the gp riders operate out of their comfort zone. Itd be cool.
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
8/10/2015 7:29pm
They should include a few actual supercrosses in the schedule. It would make it way more interesting as well as make the gp riders operate out...
They should include a few actual supercrosses in the schedule. It would make it way more interesting as well as make the gp riders operate out of their comfort zone. Itd be cool.
I like this, it would put diversity in the sport.
8/10/2015 7:33pm
With their penchant for building tracks at ex F1 circuits why not just do the South African GP at Kyalami?

Nuremberg Colosseum - Mega Bowl of Motocross, the all original idea to take MXGP forward in to the future.
Silliker269
8/10/2015 8:38pm
I have heard of these races in stadiums before .... interesting.

One series with both SX and MX in the future ?
mauidex
8/10/2015 9:03pm
wow...........the decline of MX continues...........3 motos gone...........45 minute motos gone..................citadel gone..........soon all we will have is super eight movies of days gone by..................at least F1 still has some semblance of how it used to be................thank god Davey and crew have kept US MX close to how it used to be
51xc
8/10/2015 9:04pm
there is no big stadium in germany to fit a decent sized sx track. it would be more of a arenacross event and that sucks. i personal don't want to see anything smaller than a monster cup track layout.
8/10/2015 9:08pm
I think even our sport should be a mix between sx one week and mx the next; its like when nascar goes from oval tracks to road races. It would make the season real interesting.
jeffro503
8/10/2015 9:33pm
early wrote:
Haha! yep , that right there!

I picture ol' Geoff under GL's desk blowing him all the while he's mumbling out the questions , that GL wrote in the first place haha. Those two jagoff's are made for each other.

Post a reply to: MXGP....Really?

The Latest