MXGP Racing- Respect!!

Bultaco
Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 8:23pm
Impressed with the speed, the pace, the racing. The top guys are all FAST and don't just get into a single file line. It seems like if one is not aggressively going forward, you will get passed. Anyhow I am impressed. This is Motocross.
|
zippy895
3/29/2015 9:44am
we,USA,are getting schooled.
The Rock
3/29/2015 9:51am
MXGP is the real deal. Props to RV for signing up for such a huge challenge.
MXD
3/29/2015 10:01am
The biggest thing I've noticed in watching these first 3 rounds is that today's winner can get dropped by 30 seconds next week and the guy who got dropped by 30 seconds today can win next week. I love that. It makes every week a story inside of a story. It also shows how bad ass all of these guys are. Watching the Nationals, I've been conditioned to expect the top 3-5 guys to be able to get into the top 5 from virtually any start. That isn't the case with the GPs and I like it.

The Shop

zippy895
3/29/2015 10:11am
no matter how many times rv cut a second off his lap,so did 3rd.1st and 2nd would as well speed up,but they were running faster laps .
AC ,is playing RV in qualifying ,if you ask me.
3/29/2015 10:26am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 10:27am
Respect? they always had respect atleast from the top guns in our sport. The MXGP is equal to the AMA dont know why people even comparing, its just that its different both got their own characters. They are hauling ass for sure! RV needs to step it up !
Tim507
3/29/2015 10:29am
Now if only the rest of the loud mouths can figure this outWoohoo
3/29/2015 10:39am
zippy895 wrote:
we,USA,are getting schooled.
I think the younger generation of US based fans are getting schooled. Motocross magazines used to cover the 125, 250 and 500 euro classes and you knew who the riders were oversees competing in the GP's. Desalle and Dungey's battle at Unadilla was just a glimpse of the speed in the GP series. AC is pulling off victory after victory on a 350f when no one in the States would consider this bike competitive. Great riders and series on both sides of the Ocean.
Rowlands
3/29/2015 10:44am
TBH this is one of the best seasons for years !
I think with RV coming over it has pumped the other guys up for some reason. It's awesome
ATKpilot99
3/29/2015 10:49am
It makes you appreciate the accomplishments of Lackey, LaPorte, Schmit , Moore, and Parker all the more.
A. DLeary
3/29/2015 10:49am
The loud mouths from both sides of the pond could burn in a car crash and not many people would miss them here.

The GP's and the Nationals are the two top series in the world. Not sure why people argue that.
Tim507
3/29/2015 10:55am
Rowlands wrote:
TBH this is one of the best seasons for years ! I think with RV coming over it has pumped the other guys up for some...
I think with RV coming over it has pumped the other guys up for some reason. It's awesome
This.....there all Alpha's..... The GP regulars are only doing what comes naturally

Stepping up to defend against an intruder. Provides great racing for us mere mortalsWoohoo
3/29/2015 10:58am
Rowlands wrote:
TBH this is one of the best seasons for years ! I think with RV coming over it has pumped the other guys up for some...
Totally agree with this.
Ive watched the GPs and AMA for many years.
This year with RV2 doing the GPs has made it so much more exciting. Everybody has seemed to up their game.
This is exactly what the sport needs. It is now reaching a world wide audience, everybody from both sides of the pond are tuning in...
Would love to see Dungey and Roczen in the mix too
3/29/2015 10:58am
Good racing and the Argentina track looks assume. I like the design. Definitely not an MX track with SX style jumps. Looks like a fun track. I wish the US tracks would learn from the design. In the first race, the best times of the top two 250 guys were faster than Villipoto.

mike
Bultaco
3/29/2015 11:08am
I did not say so at the beginning, but as a kid idealizing the GPs and it's riders starting in 1970 or so, I've always thought the GPs were the big deal. There was never a lack of GP respect in my life. But GP coverage and info has been less than convenient to come by in the US. Now the internet and live streaming, not to mention RV racing the GPs, has come around, I am for the first time getting to watch these races. Whatever good things I thought of the GPs before....is now more so.

SquidBro
3/29/2015 11:23am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 11:24am
A. DLeary wrote:
The loud mouths from both sides of the pond could burn in a car crash and not many people would miss them here. The GP's and...
The loud mouths from both sides of the pond could burn in a car crash and not many people would miss them here.

The GP's and the Nationals are the two top series in the world. Not sure why people argue that.
Bro, that statement right there gains you a ticket to the loudmouth class!

Respect is earnt, many U.S fans thought that 'their'guy would smoke th Gp guys and are now starting to respect those guys.

R.V gains respect for making the switch to the GPs.
A. DLeary
3/29/2015 11:37am
A. DLeary wrote:
The loud mouths from both sides of the pond could burn in a car crash and not many people would miss them here. The GP's and...

SquidBro wrote:
Bro, that statement right there gains you a ticket to the loudmouth class! Respect is earnt, many U.S fans thought that 'their'guy would smoke th Gp...
Bro, that statement right there gains you a ticket to the loudmouth class!

Respect is earnt, many U.S fans thought that 'their'guy would smoke th Gp guys and are now starting to respect those guys.

R.V gains respect for making the switch to the GPs.
Both series have earned enough respect over the years that nobody should be disrespecting either series or its riders like they do.
Mit12
3/29/2015 11:39am
We are 5 motos in to the season way to soon to say RV needs to step it up.
St Ann More
3/29/2015 3:46pm
Awesome track today, glad the series is now heading back to Europe and the more traditional venues though.
Robgvx
3/29/2015 3:53pm
Awesome track today, glad the series is now heading back to Europe and the more traditional venues though.
+1
Seamorbutts
3/29/2015 4:01pm
zippy895 wrote:
no matter how many times rv cut a second off his lap,so did 3rd.1st and 2nd would as well speed up,but they were running faster laps...
no matter how many times rv cut a second off his lap,so did 3rd.1st and 2nd would as well speed up,but they were running faster laps .
AC ,is playing RV in qualifying ,if you ask me.
Yes he was, he knows how to conserve himself well, and strike when at the right moment. He's a bad dude
philG
Awesome GP... best flyaway for a very long time ,luckily zero internet at Hawkstone meant we got home with hearing a thing , stoked for Adam Sterry in his first GP, leading and managing 8th overall, and to Max Nagl for backing up a great win in Qatar.
To me, outdoor mx is the true measure of talent on a dirt bike. I have always loved the GP's as a kid and idolized thorpe, jobe, andrews and the rest. The GP racing of the 80's really seemed to be a world class event. The politics of not paying start money and purses have destroyed the integrity of the series but not the speed of the riders.
malachi177
3/29/2015 4:11pm
To me, outdoor mx is the true measure of talent on a dirt bike. I have always loved the GP's as a kid and idolized thorpe...
To me, outdoor mx is the true measure of talent on a dirt bike. I have always loved the GP's as a kid and idolized thorpe, jobe, andrews and the rest. The GP racing of the 80's really seemed to be a world class event. The politics of not paying start money and purses have destroyed the integrity of the series but not the speed of the riders.
That part blows me away. How there is no purse money for the riders etc....I still shake my head at that.
3/29/2015 8:05pm
malachi177 wrote:
That part blows me away. How there is no purse money for the riders etc....I still shake my head at that.
Pure greed. Id love to see a true fan with enough cash to buy out vampiro, I mean luongo, and truly make it to where those guys earned a wage worthy of their skill and bravery. Why cant another series start and offer purses and travel money and ruin luongo financially? Serious question. If the manufacturers backed it what could luongo do?
Rooster
3/29/2015 8:23pm
malachi177 wrote:
There is prize money, but it's like MotoGP and it's distributed to the teams instead of given only to the riders. Whether or not the team gives any of it to the rider is up them. The riders all have their own deals with their respective teams and outside sponsors that cover their salaries and event wins/championship bonuses anyhow.

MXGP is definitely trying to duplicate the success of MotoGP. Rather than having a series open to anybody with a bike in the back of a pickup, they want to have a series that's devoted entirely to professionally run teams. It's also the same business model that Ecclestone uses in F1. It's worked very well in MotoGP and F1 to attract big money outside sponsors. I hope it will have the same effect in motocross and help them draw in more outside money. Any growth in the sport is good for us all.

Post a reply to: MXGP Racing- Respect!!

The Latest