MXGP Monroe Wa

jeffro503
3/10/2014 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 9:19pm
Great news about the track Aaron! I never did get to ride there , but always wanted to.....so hope things work out. BTW.....Myself and quite a few others don't do the facebook thing , so I can't view the video. Could you post it up some other way?
mxaaron
3/10/2014 9:23pm
Jeff, I've tried to find it but it's only on the FB page. It's gotta be hosted somewhere. I'll keep looking.

On another note, we're looking forward to getting on MT View pretty soon. Ready for spring. 2 trips to Horn Rapids per month is getting tough!
sharkey
3/10/2014 9:39pm
facciotii in there and brady sheren of Atlas brace too. also landon currier
jeffro503
3/10/2014 10:31pm
mxaaron wrote:
Jeff, I've tried to find it but it's only on the FB page. It's gotta be hosted somewhere. I'll keep looking. On another note, we're looking...
Jeff, I've tried to find it but it's only on the FB page. It's gotta be hosted somewhere. I'll keep looking.

On another note, we're looking forward to getting on MT View pretty soon. Ready for spring. 2 trips to Horn Rapids per month is getting tough!
Very cool Aaron. If you do find it , put it up please. Would be very cool to see.

I'm looking forward to some Mt Views myself this spring and summer. Hope to be picking up my KXF450 here in about 2 weeks. As soon as I get it , I'm putting the Honda up for sale....as it's served it's purpose. Since i started riding again about 3yrs ago , I didn't bother getting onto a newer bike because I didn't know if I was even going to stick around in the sport. But I'm going to stick with it for now and I think getting onto something new will help motivate me a little more. Hell....I even plan on doing some racing this summer as well if I can get into some descent riding shape hehe. Probably do a couple of the vet races , along with some PIR's as well. Should be a really fun summer I think. I'm digging the newer kaw's as well too......they seem quite a bit more stable than my older Honda ( 08 )......and they are bloody fast as hell.

The Shop

mx510
Fantasy
1744th
3/10/2014 10:36pm
For some reason I couldnt see it. How is the track in Granite Falls coming along? I keep seeing posts about hearings but nothing on how anything went.
JeepnMike
3/10/2014 11:00pm
Gary used to mentor me as a kid when he was racing pro. I will never forget his stint as "Mr. X" on the XR at the Monroe AX races... He was the original goon before it was marketable. :D

I hope he gets things ironed fast!
FIREfish148
3/11/2014 1:19am
Damn the video is "unavailable". I used to love that track! Best practice track ever. I remember getting passed by Villopoto and feeling almost depressed how fast he was going on his 80 compared to me on my 250f lol. Him, Week, And Abrigo where on the team "MXGP". Good times.
APLMAN99
3/11/2014 6:10am
Loved the place. My son's first several races were there and he did an Eric Waunch class there also. Amazing that it was shut down for land use issues and now on Google maps it looks like it's being used as a gravel pit. I hope the neighbors who complained about it are hating the noise now. ......
mxaaron
3/11/2014 7:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2014 7:58pm
For those of you who can't view the FB link, I've looked everywhere, and cannot find the video. I have no idea where it's streamed from.

It's pretty bad quality as its pre-digital, but I made it worse, and "taped" it on my iPad so you could see it.

I'll upload it to Youtube and get it on here.
mxaaron
3/11/2014 7:56pm
mxaaron wrote:
Jeff, I've tried to find it but it's only on the FB page. It's gotta be hosted somewhere. I'll keep looking. On another note, we're looking...

jeffro503 wrote:
Very cool Aaron. If you do find it , put it up please. Would be very cool to see. I'm looking forward to some Mt Views...
Very cool Aaron. If you do find it , put it up please. Would be very cool to see.

I'm looking forward to some Mt Views myself this spring and summer. Hope to be picking up my KXF450 here in about 2 weeks. As soon as I get it , I'm putting the Honda up for sale....as it's served it's purpose. Since i started riding again about 3yrs ago , I didn't bother getting onto a newer bike because I didn't know if I was even going to stick around in the sport. But I'm going to stick with it for now and I think getting onto something new will help motivate me a little more. Hell....I even plan on doing some racing this summer as well if I can get into some descent riding shape hehe. Probably do a couple of the vet races , along with some PIR's as well. Should be a really fun summer I think. I'm digging the newer kaw's as well too......they seem quite a bit more stable than my older Honda ( 08 )......and they are bloody fast as hell.
I'm riding a new KX 450, you'll love it. Meet up at Horn when you get it!
mxaaron
3/11/2014 7:57pm
mx510 wrote:
For some reason I couldnt see it. How is the track in Granite Falls coming along? I keep seeing posts about hearings but nothing on how...
For some reason I couldnt see it. How is the track in Granite Falls coming along? I keep seeing posts about hearings but nothing on how anything went.
Robert,

I went to several days of the hearings, there was a pretty good turn out each day.

Gary thinks he'll be open in the spring of 2015. I hope he's right. Then you could bring that KTM up there!
mxaaron
3/11/2014 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2014 8:05pm

Hope this works. If not, guess we're just out of luck! I tried to keep my iPad as still as possible!
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
3/11/2014 8:10pm
mx510 wrote:
For some reason I couldnt see it. How is the track in Granite Falls coming along? I keep seeing posts about hearings but nothing on how...
mxaaron wrote:
Robert, I went to several days of the hearings, there was a pretty good turn out each day. Gary thinks he'll be open in the spring...
Robert,

I went to several days of the hearings, there was a pretty good turn out each day.

Gary thinks he'll be open in the spring of 2015. I hope he's right. Then you could bring that KTM up there!
That would be awesome. I wish them the best of luck, cant have enough places to ride.
rosebud441
3/11/2014 8:55pm
Moved to Seattle in 89, while trying to be a student i got hooked on racing dirt bikes, there were half a dozen tracks within an hours drive, SIR, Jolly Rogers, Thurston County track, Hannegan, Little to the east Horn rapids, little south Woodland and Shougal. what else? i forget.. Night races at SiR were cool.. good times
mxaaron
3/11/2014 9:04pm
RMC indoor, Motoplex indoor, 321 indoor, Hindsight MX, Cadillac Ranch, All closed. Between all of those and MXGP we had it pretty good. Operative word, had. Now you burn diesel like it's going out of style just to get to a track. Ward Creek, Riverdale, Burnt Ridge (old Trulson Mx) still going strong luckily.
sharkey
3/11/2014 9:40pm
mxaaron wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Very cool Aaron. If you do find it , put it up please. Would be very cool to see. I'm looking forward to some Mt Views...

jeffro i rode Aarons bike and it was really good. if i can offer you one good piece of advice the offset triple clamps make the bike corner SO much better. its a must have. the white chip is crazy hard hitting power too
jeffro503
4/14/2014 12:37pm
Arron and Sharkey....any word on this place maybe re-opening here this summer? I'm not sure on this , but I have heard through the grapevine that Burnt Ridge may be shutting it's doors. They haven't updated the site and a few of my buddies said the FB page is getting no replies either. Hope that isn't true , as it was a great track!

Got my second ride yesterday on the KX......love it! Can't hold onto the damn thing for more than about a 1/2 lap ( just out of riding shape )......but I'm falling in love with her. The cornering aspect of it seems different than the stock 2013 I rode for some reason. The front end on my bike seems to stay planted pretty well , so I'll leave the stock clamps on it for now but I am still planning on getting my suspension taken to factory connection in Millwaukie.

"Maybe " hitting riverdale this next weekend. Looks like some rain coming in and not to much of it. Riverdale could be really good.
EmDub425
4/14/2014 12:55pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Arron and Sharkey....any word on this place maybe re-opening here this summer? I'm not sure on this , but I have heard through the grapevine that...
Arron and Sharkey....any word on this place maybe re-opening here this summer? I'm not sure on this , but I have heard through the grapevine that Burnt Ridge may be shutting it's doors. They haven't updated the site and a few of my buddies said the FB page is getting no replies either. Hope that isn't true , as it was a great track!

Got my second ride yesterday on the KX......love it! Can't hold onto the damn thing for more than about a 1/2 lap ( just out of riding shape )......but I'm falling in love with her. The cornering aspect of it seems different than the stock 2013 I rode for some reason. The front end on my bike seems to stay planted pretty well , so I'll leave the stock clamps on it for now but I am still planning on getting my suspension taken to factory connection in Millwaukie.

"Maybe " hitting riverdale this next weekend. Looks like some rain coming in and not to much of it. Riverdale could be really good.
I went to Burnt Ridge yesterday. There were maybe 50 people there. Last year they went to only having practice days throughout the season. I only got to ride 5 times last year and I went to BR every time. I really hope they don't shut down, but they are struggling for attendance numbers.
jeffro503
4/14/2014 1:06pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Arron and Sharkey....any word on this place maybe re-opening here this summer? I'm not sure on this , but I have heard through the grapevine that...

EmDub425 wrote:
I went to Burnt Ridge yesterday. There were maybe 50 people there. Last year they went to only having practice days throughout the season. I only...
I went to Burnt Ridge yesterday. There were maybe 50 people there. Last year they went to only having practice days throughout the season. I only got to ride 5 times last year and I went to BR every time. I really hope they don't shut down, but they are struggling for attendance numbers.
Well....that's great news! Tell Nick or his dad that they need to update the site and facebook page.....as there are guys down this way that think it was shut down. Glad to hear that isn't true!
JeepnMike
4/14/2014 1:41pm
rosebud441 wrote:
Moved to Seattle in 89, while trying to be a student i got hooked on racing dirt bikes, there were half a dozen tracks within an...
Moved to Seattle in 89, while trying to be a student i got hooked on racing dirt bikes, there were half a dozen tracks within an hours drive, SIR, Jolly Rogers, Thurston County track, Hannegan, Little to the east Horn rapids, little south Woodland and Shougal. what else? i forget.. Night races at SiR were cool.. good times
Night races at SIR are happening again! Last summer was the first year back, run by Lance Smail. The track is a great with really good dirt. The only thing that royally sucks, is being a spectator. You can't go around the backside of the track anymore so the spectator section is just the small stretch along the start. They need to open it back up again to the backside of the track and open things up a little with more places to sit.

Great little track though!
dobe539
8/1/2016 7:14pm
Heck ya! Loved that track! Wish I woulda saved all the videos I made from back then! Post more if you got them plz!

Post a reply to: MXGP Monroe Wa

The Latest