MXGP: A look ahead

philG
2/16/2017 6:21am
crusty_xx wrote:
MX2 will be amazing too There's no one with a GP win yet but that's of course due to the dominance of Herlings in the last...
MX2 will be amazing too

There's no one with a GP win yet but that's of course due to the dominance of Herlings in the last years.

Potential GP winners this season if you ask me?

Seewer
Jonass
Covington
Paturel
Bogers
Ostlund
Van Doninck
Cervellin
Prado
Lawrence
Sanayei
Olson
Lieber

All of those are pretty close to each other. I wouldn't be surprised to see 7-8 different winners over the year.
And I'm probably leaving out a few.

How about Brian Hsu on the new Husky?

EMX250 should be cool too
Hsu is already on the down ramp IMO.. was the next 'wonderkind' 3 years ago and is now of what is essentially a private Husky , after looking like a shoe-in for Factory Suzuki .

Same applies to Natzke .

If anyone is coming out of EMX and winning, it will be Lawrence or Olson.

Jonass has the pressure of being expected to win,

The biggest name missing off that list is Samuele Bernadini .. he will win a GP this year.
2/16/2017 6:35am
flymoto wrote:
I'm putting sanyei down for the mx2 crown. Looks seriously quick at the moment. Be interesting to see how it all unfolds
The c-ship crown might be a bit much, but some GP wins for sure should be doable for him. He showed some serious speed and racecraft in the later half of the EMX250 season last year!

---

Currently MX2 looks pretty wide open, but i think a few rounds in we'll see a top group of guys. Personally i'm thinking Seewer / Paturel / Jonass will be the championship guys.
flymoto
2/16/2017 6:40am
flymoto wrote:
I'm putting sanyei down for the mx2 crown. Looks seriously quick at the moment. Be interesting to see how it all unfolds
The c-ship crown might be a bit much, but some GP wins for sure should be doable for him. He showed some serious speed and racecraft...
The c-ship crown might be a bit much, but some GP wins for sure should be doable for him. He showed some serious speed and racecraft in the later half of the EMX250 season last year!

---

Currently MX2 looks pretty wide open, but i think a few rounds in we'll see a top group of guys. Personally i'm thinking Seewer / Paturel / Jonass will be the championship guys.
Yeh maybe I'm been a little hopeful. He's with a decent squad, and I think he is doing to the brit championship aswel? That could bring him on well. He looks to have a lot of raw speed. Guess we will find out soon.

It would be nice to see Conrad Mewse get a few podiums aswel!
2/16/2017 6:45am
Look ahead, look back - I don't care. I'm just stoked for some outdoor motocross! Bring it MXGP boys!

The Shop

NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
2/16/2017 7:03am
crusty_xx wrote:
By the way, anyone think Jasokonis will win a GP this season? Seems like a genious pick by Everts from what we saw at the pre...
By the way, anyone think Jasokonis will win a GP this season?
Seems like a genious pick by Everts from what we saw at the pre season races.
Incredible the process that guy has made from last year
Really surprising results for Jasikonis. He's a great sand rider, so good results will come at sand tracks.

His only problem is that there will always be one rider faster than him in the sand.
potatoflake
2/16/2017 7:05am
So excited for the mxgps to start! There's just something about the action and broadcast that really keeps me waiting for next round!

I like supercross and all but outdoors is where it's at,

I think herlings is gonna do good but he needs to stop falling over and making those mistakes that happen when he's pushing real hard, when he does that he'll be winning championships left and right

222 is gonna be strong like always I think he's a little frustrated with last season and we'll see him really pushing to hang it out with the youngsters

Gajser I'm not as sure what to predict for him since this will be his first title defense but He's looking like he likes that 17 and that could be bad news for the rest

I see febvre in the same boat as Cairoli sort of, frustrated with last season where he got injured at matterly while in the hunt so that makes me think Febvre will be very hungry

its gonna be a good season of racing I'm really excited to see sanyei out there he used to ride around the PNW and that kid was fast! Something tells me he moved to Cali or tx not long after I saw him ripping his superminis at AirwayMXP
Sidecar
2/16/2017 7:10am
crusty_xx wrote:
MX2 will be amazing too There's no one with a GP win yet but that's of course due to the dominance of Herlings in the last...
MX2 will be amazing too

There's no one with a GP win yet but that's of course due to the dominance of Herlings in the last years.

Seewer
Jonass
Covington
Paturel
Bogers
Ostlund
Van Doninck
Cervellin
Prado
Lawrence
Sanayei
Olson
Lieber

All of those are pretty close to each other. I wouldn't be surprised to see 7-8 different winners over the year.

philG wrote:
Hsu is already on the down ramp IMO.. was the next 'wonderkind' 3 years ago and is now of what is essentially a private Husky...
Hsu is already on the down ramp IMO.. was the next 'wonderkind' 3 years ago and is now of what is essentially a private Husky , after looking like a shoe-in for Factory Suzuki .

Same applies to Natzke .

The biggest name missing off that list is Samuele Bernadini .. he will win a GP this year.
I was gonna ask why Samuele Bernadini was left off of that list of mx2 potential winners, he and his factory TM are serious contenders for race wins this year.
Aryen
2/16/2017 7:23am
crusty_xx wrote:
MX2 will be amazing too

Seewer
Jonass
Covington
Paturel
Bogers
Ostlund
Van Doninck
Cervellin
Prado
Lawrence
Sanayei
Olson
Lieber

philG wrote:
Hsu is already on the down ramp IMO.. was the next 'wonderkind' 3 years ago and is now of what is essentially a private Husky...

Same applies to Natzke .

Sidecar wrote:
I was gonna ask why Samuele Bernadini was left off of that list of mx2 potential winners, he and his factory TM are serious contenders for...
I was gonna ask why Samuele Bernadini was left off of that list of mx2 potential winners, he and his factory TM are serious contenders for race wins this year.
As is Davy Pootjes, write him down for the sand GPs. Pressure of a factory ride off his back. Still a really good bike that HSF ktm.
Rowlands
2/16/2017 7:40am
I'm going with TC222 for the MXGP championship with Febvre,Gajser and Herlings winning a lot but not being able to finish each race therefore letting TC stack up the points and clinch the title.

For MX2 it's got to be Seewer for me he had an awesome season last year and will be motivated and fit for this season. Of course you have Prado and Jonass and a few others in the mix.

But knowing how it's panned out these last few seasons I could be completely wrong and the results could be a real surprise in both classes !
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
2/16/2017 8:21am
Aryen wrote:
As is Davy Pootjes, write him down for the sand GPs. Pressure of a factory ride off his back. Still a really good bike that HSF...
As is Davy Pootjes, write him down for the sand GPs. Pressure of a factory ride off his back. Still a really good bike that HSF ktm.
You can add Vaessen to that list aswell.
themrtoad
2/16/2017 12:13pm
Herlings worst opponent is himself. Hard to make too much out of preseason races, but Cairoli surely got the best confidence from the rounds in Italy.

I think Jonass usually exceptional starts will give him the upper hand if he can keep it on two wheels. There might be tension in the KTM team since he will still have to pass Prado every race. Not always easy as Herlings found out in Assen last year.
Aryen
2/16/2017 1:57pm
Aryen wrote:
As is Davy Pootjes, write him down for the sand GPs. Pressure of a factory ride off his back. Still a really good bike that HSF...
NVA57 wrote:
Vaessen for a win? Hmmm I don't know... would be great for him to be making top 5s in his first full season.
Motofinne
2/16/2017 2:33pm
It's amazing how things can go wrong very quickly for these you kids. Brian Hsu on a privateer Husky team and Zack Bell basically retired.
philG
2/16/2017 2:57pm
Aryen wrote:
NVA57 wrote:
Pootjes coming off the Factory team struck me as a bit odd, Is it another case of too much too soon?

Vaessen, im not sure about, but i reckon he needs to fill out a bit before he becomes a threat.
51xc
2/16/2017 3:23pm
I really want to see anstie getting some good starts and challenge for podiums consistently.

mx2 should be seewer show.
moto62z
2/16/2017 4:31pm
Rowlands wrote:
I'm going with TC222 for the MXGP championship with Febvre,Gajser and Herlings winning a lot but not being able to finish each race therefore letting TC...
I'm going with TC222 for the MXGP championship with Febvre,Gajser and Herlings winning a lot but not being able to finish each race therefore letting TC stack up the points and clinch the title.

For MX2 it's got to be Seewer for me he had an awesome season last year and will be motivated and fit for this season. Of course you have Prado and Jonass and a few others in the mix.

But knowing how it's panned out these last few seasons I could be completely wrong and the results could be a real surprise in both classes !
TC222 will win the title with his brain. He may not be the fastest (damn close) but he is probably the most fit and determined rider out there. He will combine his experience with consistency.
agn5009
2/16/2017 5:06pm
Rowlands wrote:
I'm going with TC222 for the MXGP championship with Febvre,Gajser and Herlings winning a lot but not being able to finish each race therefore letting TC...

moto62z wrote:
TC222 will win the title with his brain. He may not be the fastest (damn close) but he is probably the most fit and determined rider...
TC222 will win the title with his brain. He may not be the fastest (damn close) but he is probably the most fit and determined rider out there. He will combine his experience with consistency.
I don't know. I would like to see AC win another championship but I just don't see it happening. I think he will win some races but he will also be outside the top 5 sometimes. To win this year's championship he's gonna have to be top 5 at very worst every single round. I think Febvre has a great year with Gajser having great races mixed with bad ones. Herlings will be the same as Gajser.
FARANG
2/16/2017 5:32pm
I'd like to see Cairoli or Herlings win it, but I think Gjaser is the man to beat. Dude's got game.

flymoto
2/16/2017 7:28pm
Reckon it's cairolis year. Not just because if his recent perfomances, but his experience, he knows when to back down, ride safe, collect points. Long championship and in most cases staying healthy and keeping in the top 3-4 everyweek will do it. The young uns may have him covered for speed, but AC is so diversified he can ride any track and any surface well
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
2/17/2017 12:33am
Aryen wrote:
NVA57 wrote:
philG wrote:
Pootjes coming off the Factory team struck me as a bit odd, Is it another case of too much too soon? Vaessen, im not sure about...
Pootjes coming off the Factory team struck me as a bit odd, Is it another case of too much too soon?

Vaessen, im not sure about, but i reckon he needs to fill out a bit before he becomes a threat.
He had better results than Prado and Lawrence in emx250, just needs to stay off the ground.

Can't wait for the season to start been 5 seasons since MX2 was this exciting Woohoo
philG
2/17/2017 12:45am
NVA57 wrote:
philG wrote:
Pootjes coming off the Factory team struck me as a bit odd, Is it another case of too much too soon? Vaessen, im not sure about...

NVA57 wrote:
He had better results than Prado and Lawrence in emx250, just needs to stay off the ground. Can't wait for the season to start been 5...
He had better results than Prado and Lawrence in emx250, just needs to stay off the ground.

Can't wait for the season to start been 5 seasons since MX2 was this exciting Woohoo
He did, but I don't think we saw the best of Lawrence, and bombing out through injury harmed his progress.

He looked good at HIMX .

Prado looks better for growing a bit, believe it or not , I can remember Jasikonis being that size on a 125
CoccoBill
2/17/2017 5:15am
No one mentioned Cervellin, he's on a factory HRC Honda, had a good battle with Prado and won
jeffro503
2/17/2017 8:42am
CoccoBill wrote:
No one mentioned Cervellin, he's on a factory HRC Honda, had a good battle with Prado and won
That Cervelllin kid was flying! I do think if Prado stays healthy for the most part in his career....I see him following in the footsteps of AC222. His riding reminds me a lot of Tony's from 10 years. Just pushes every inch on the track. I don't know much at all of Cervellin , but from what I've seen of Prado , that little kid is an animal. Seems like a really good kid to. Big fan of his.
Rowlands
2/17/2017 10:35am
DeStouwer wrote:
Olsen will be the best GP-rookie, stamp it.
Actually you could be right he's a damn impressive rider. But Jorge Prado's talent is unreal he will have the speed to win defiantly. I can't see them winning the championship though, when was the last time we saw a MX2 rookie win the championship if at all. Roczen ??
ATKpilot99
2/17/2017 11:59am
MXGP is the main attraction of course but I'm really looking forward to MX 2 to see how it will shake out.
segers
Fantasy
2279th
2/17/2017 12:34pm
No love 4 Clément??Hope this gonna be his year whitout injury
2/17/2017 12:43pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Olsen will be the best GP-rookie, stamp it.
Rowlands wrote:
Actually you could be right he's a damn impressive rider. But Jorge Prado's talent is unreal he will have the speed to win defiantly. I can't...
Actually you could be right he's a damn impressive rider. But Jorge Prado's talent is unreal he will have the speed to win defiantly. I can't see them winning the championship though, when was the last time we saw a MX2 rookie win the championship if at all. Roczen ??
Roczen took at least 2 seasons to win a WC, same for Herlings. Can't think of anyone that has won in there rookie season.
2/17/2017 3:17pm
Aryen wrote:
NVA57 wrote:
Aryen wrote:
Vaessen for a win? Hmmm I don't know... would be great for him to be making top 5s in his first full season.
I agree, Vaessen Will do good but with Some wins he wood surprise me!! But bas, surprise me please!!!
2/17/2017 3:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2017 3:22pm
I think the biggest surprise this year Will be hunter lawrence.

Post a reply to: MXGP: A look ahead

The Latest