[MXGP 2 VIDEOGAME] US. Release Date

Paul333
3/10/2016 6:36am
Quick question.

I bought an XBOX 1 specifically for MXGP2. Are the games going to be regionally locked? If not, I will simply order one from Europe. I don't want to wait until June.
3/10/2016 7:59am
Paul333 wrote:
Quick question. I bought an XBOX 1 specifically for MXGP2. Are the games going to be regionally locked? If not, I will simply order one from...
Quick question.

I bought an XBOX 1 specifically for MXGP2. Are the games going to be regionally locked? If not, I will simply order one from Europe. I don't want to wait until June.
Games shouldn't be regionally locked on the Xbox One like they were the 360. You may have issues with DLC and digital content, but the discs should work fine.
Zycki11
3/10/2016 8:17am
Paul333 wrote:
Quick question. I bought an XBOX 1 specifically for MXGP2. Are the games going to be regionally locked? If not, I will simply order one from...
Quick question.

Games shouldn't be regionally locked on the Xbox One like they were the 360. You may have issues with DLC and digital content, but the discs...
Games shouldn't be regionally locked on the Xbox One like they were the 360. You may have issues with DLC and digital content, but the discs should work fine.
If it isn't regionally locked like the 360 then why wouldn't we be able to just download the game from the marketplace? Or are we going to have to actually purchase the game from europe and ship it over.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
3/10/2016 8:29am
Well then someone post a 1st person video plz. That is how I play forza6 and its perfect.

The Shop

3/10/2016 8:49am
Zycki11 wrote:
If it isn't regionally locked like the 360 then why wouldn't we be able to just download the game from the marketplace? Or are we going...
If it isn't regionally locked like the 360 then why wouldn't we be able to just download the game from the marketplace? Or are we going to have to actually purchase the game from europe and ship it over.
I only did a little research online so my knowledge on all of it is pretty limited. From what I've been able to find, discs bought from oversees should work fine. Or, if you were to take your system oversees and buy a disc from there, it would play fine. Digital content for some reason seems to be an issue for some people. For instance, you could buy the disc from Canada or England or where ever, but its possible the DLC for Cairoli and Villopotos gear won't work.
kawirider819
3/10/2016 9:06am
I think they left the animated whip/scrub so that we can use 1st person and not worry about whipping and having the backend land sideways.
Zycki11
3/10/2016 10:00am
Zycki11 wrote:
If it isn't regionally locked like the 360 then why wouldn't we be able to just download the game from the marketplace? Or are we going...
I only did a little research online so my knowledge on all of it is pretty limited. From what I've been able to find, discs bought...
I only did a little research online so my knowledge on all of it is pretty limited. From what I've been able to find, discs bought from oversees should work fine. Or, if you were to take your system oversees and buy a disc from there, it would play fine. Digital content for some reason seems to be an issue for some people. For instance, you could buy the disc from Canada or England or where ever, but its possible the DLC for Cairoli and Villopotos gear won't work.
To download the demo i changed my xbox region to england. I believe i used the hard rock cafe in london as my address haha
Paul333
3/11/2016 4:55am
I only did a little research online so my knowledge on all of it is pretty limited. From what I've been able to find, discs bought...
Please excuse my lack of knowledge on these things but what is "DLC"? Will that really even be noticed playing the game for a guy like me? What aspects of the game would that effect? Online?
vikingBoy
3/11/2016 5:25am
defiantly appears that there is free control of the bike in mid air, ie whips and scrubs. Probably just depends on if you choose simulation over a more novice handling physics.

I just wish they would make this game a bit more fanciful. I know I know, everyone always talks about how it has to be sim, and exactly like the real thing. but to be honest, that is not as much fun as a game that is maybe a little over board on the jumps with crazy timing sections you would never dream of doing.

Just my 2 cents
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
3/11/2016 8:19am
Paul333 wrote:
Please excuse my lack of knowledge on these things but what is "DLC"? Will that really even be noticed playing the game for a guy like...
Please excuse my lack of knowledge on these things but what is "DLC"? Will that really even be noticed playing the game for a guy like me? What aspects of the game would that effect? Online?
DLC is downloadable content. In other words, if they release things like more tracks, gear, etc you will not be able to buy them. The reason is because games from Europe are linked to the European Xbox or PlayStation digital storefront but your Xbox or PlayStation account is linked to the US store.

If you don't care about buying DLC in the future (if there even is any) then you won't have a problem. You can still play online to race other people though.

Personally I just import the game when it originally comes out and then will probably buy it again here when it releases in the US, especially if there is going to be any DLC. I imported the original one when it came out for PS4 and didn't have any problems. I'm not on Xbox but it shouldn't be any different. The reason why there were issues with importing on the old Xbox 360 was because it used DVD. The new Xbox uses Bluray like PlayStation which handles regional encoding different.
JW381
3/11/2016 10:16am
Looks sooooo good
yzjs7
3/11/2016 2:43pm
that video just got me even more excited. Cant wait to play as Webb and Barcia, if only JS7 was in the game lol
3/11/2016 3:21pm
I think they left the animated whip/scrub so that we can use 1st person and not worry about whipping and having the backend land sideways.
Yes... They had like 2 years to fix the whips and they havn't.

Look like now you have to push both joytsticks to different directions to throw the whips. This will alow us to not throw whips in the middle of a turn/corner haha
roninho
3/12/2016 1:00pm
I have MXGP for the pc and really like the game, looking forward to mxgp2.

What i dont understand is why the developers dont add an editor which allows to create your own tracks. Imo you get a lot more MX folks involved in the game when you can add real life tracks and can race the track from your region. Imo a very simple way to get the MX community way more involved in this game (just look at what kind of following car racing games have).

And if the editor would be to complex then at least add a simple editor which allows you to edit the riders and bikes. Would be so easy to create your own AMA championship with that.

Apart from that: really like the game.
Flatliner
3/23/2016 12:55pm
The next mx game I buy will be based on the reflex physics.

Maybe one day.
KID858
3/23/2016 2:35pm
vikingBoy wrote:
defiantly appears that there is free control of the bike in mid air, ie whips and scrubs. Probably just depends on if you choose simulation over...
defiantly appears that there is free control of the bike in mid air, ie whips and scrubs. Probably just depends on if you choose simulation over a more novice handling physics.

I just wish they would make this game a bit more fanciful. I know I know, everyone always talks about how it has to be sim, and exactly like the real thing. but to be honest, that is not as much fun as a game that is maybe a little over board on the jumps with crazy timing sections you would never dream of doing.

Just my 2 cents
Isn't that basically what MX Vs. ATV is? I see MX Vs. ATV as an arcade style game, and I have always loved them. MXGP is more of a simulation and since playing it, I have not played MX Vs. ATV again. I prefer the sim style.
flymoto
3/23/2016 2:59pm
No drastic changes for the new one by the looks of it, but why try fix something that isn't broken. The physics were actually pretty good In the first one, OK mid air physics not great but I can live with that. It doesn't look like they have changed that too, been pretty coy and not showing much air time in that with decent whips, them movement could. E done in mxgp by moving the left analogue stick slightly. Anyway, thumbs up from me. A decent motocross game, with good online play. As long as psn network doesn't go down every 5 seconds like it does now I'll be happy.
Zycki11
3/23/2016 4:59pm
I am amazed by how ignorant Mx Vs Atv is. I couldn't understand why they abandoned Reflex and went with something terrible. They didn't even listen to the people(consumer) who said it was worse. On another note, one would think that while I feel MxGP was a great game, MXGP2 will be better. But why god why, is it so hard to get decent sounding bikes? Make it fun and with each aftermarket exhaust system, change the note of the sound slightly. For instance make FMF and PC raspy, while Yosh is slightly more throaty like real life.
S.Loyer
3/23/2016 6:50pm
Physics look awful to me. I didn't care for them in the first MXGP and they looks even more floaty moon gravity like now.
Canerat
3/23/2016 10:58pm
Are there any SX tracks in the new MXGP2 game?

Also..looks like im screwed...i have a 360 console.
jemcee
3/23/2016 11:45pm
Because of my limited hand function I can't play the newer MX games where you've gotta use the top buttons for gas and the two sticks to turn.. Which is why I dig the MXGP game cause you can set it up so you don't have to although I'd prob get slaughtered online I can at least win against the AI
So I'm really hoping that's still the case for MXGP2!
I'm getting a PS4 Dirt rally and MXGP2 when it comes out.. Lucky I haven't got a missus to ruin it all
wide open wally
Fantasy
3834th
3/24/2016 6:46am
I like MXGP a lot. My only beef is the rider has a assisted restart after they wreck, they literally don't lose time in most places. And how hard it is to make time on people, reflex was the best in that aspect with all the jump combos and sections where if you went WFO it paid massively in track gain. Still pumped to play the new one

Post a reply to: [MXGP 2 VIDEOGAME] US. Release Date

The Latest