[MXGP 2 VIDEOGAME] US. Release Date

Edited Date/Time 5/19/2016 10:13am
I may should of have started this topic in the Game Room section but well since not many people check that out... I thought that the best way to let you know the North America release date was creating a topic here.

-Europe release date: 7th April 2016
-North America release date: 7th June 2016

Whips still seems to be animated and not "free" like in Reflex.
Anyway, seems like Milestone takes the best from the MotoGP, Ride and WRC videogames and puted it in this new MXGP game.

Here some good pics:

North America version. Seems like the game will incluide some of the first MXGP content:

Covington and Guillod.

MXGP 2 will incluide 4 supercross tracks. They look ugly as you can see in the pictures... but oh well.

Football Arena 1, Football Arena 2, Diamond Stadium 1 and Diamond Stadium 2 are the super creative names of these 4 SX tracks.

Kingston 1, Fort Dodge 2, Stonepoint... those sounds more realistic xD

Villopoto in the Spanish track Talavera de la Reina

MXGP 2 will incluide the MXON mode. We will be able to choose our country and play with it in these tracks:
-Maggiora
-Glen Helen
-Lommel
-Ernée (2015 MXON version)
-Kegums
-Teutschenthal

This is one of the strong points for MXGP 2. Customization mode looks awesome. (Reflex one was awesome 7 years ago)

We will have lot of brands (Fox, Acerbis, UFO, Alpinestars, Thor, Airoh, 100%,Oakley,Axo...) to customize our rider being able to change the helmet, gear, goggles, boots and neck brace. MXGP fonts were horrible... seems like they added some cool ones now.

We will also have the opportunity to create our team for the Career mode. TM, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM and Husqvarna are all the bike brands we can choose to be the World Champion. (Hope they now have fix the IA.. in MXGP was a joke)

These are sexy

Lot of extra stuff to change

Dakamuto

They added hanguards this time. We will at least have 3 differents style from Acerbis, UFO, Circuit...

There will also be 2 Test Tracks to test our setups and bikes.

They have now added a clutch

We wanted them to fix the in air phyisics and they didn't... well at least we will have a good customization mode, lot of tracks and that stuff... hope the online works good.

Here's a page I run on Facebook. We are already 300 people that can't wait to organize online Championships. Join us to play! Smile (Also in English)

https://www.facebook.com/Spanish-MX-Gamers-289875701207996/
|
3/9/2016 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2016 1:08pm
Great write-up! I'm sure excited about the game. Sad to hear the usa players will have to wait much longer for an release. I've been playing mx vs atv: sx encore non stop lately, gonna be nice to have mxgp2 to add to this rotation Woohoo
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
3/9/2016 1:11pm
Buy it on Steam and play it in the US on March 31st. Wink PC is where it's at anyway.
3/9/2016 1:16pm
Great write-up! I'm sure excited about the game. Sad to hear the usa players will have to wait much longer for an release. I've been playing...
Great write-up! I'm sure excited about the game. Sad to hear the usa players will have to wait much longer for an release. I've been playing mx vs atv: sx encore non stop lately, gonna be nice to have mxgp2 to add to this rotation Woohoo
So sad yes! USA gamers are the quickest!

You play on PS4?
TailSoHard
3/9/2016 1:21pm
I like it!

One observation though: why do we need a garage? Somebody probably spent a lot of time and money engineering a garage into the game when in all reality, they could have just given us a plain background (like Relflex...). It would have saved some money to sink into perfecting the physics or the tracks. Or to pay someone to come up with better names for the supercross tracks Laughing

The Shop

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
3/9/2016 1:28pm
Nice to see we finally got a US release date. Looks like I'll be importing from the UK to get it at the beginning of April for PS4. I'll probably still buy the US version too just to support the game.
Motofinne
3/9/2016 1:30pm
kevin204 wrote:
Buy it on Steam and play it in the US on March 31st. Wink PC is where it's at anyway.
This.

And there will probably be mods on the PC version, like there is on the first MXGP game.
JW381
3/9/2016 1:32pm
I like dat clutch gurl
3/9/2016 1:47pm
Hope the physics and characteristics are a little different in the new one. Not that they were bad in the first one, just that I don't like it when they throw out a game every 5 mins and the only different is custom pants and hand guards. I'm not overly fussed about the "free" whips, it would of been nice as reflex was awesome for this, but it would be nicer if they can make the bikes handling different for different surfaces
3/9/2016 1:48pm
Not sure about the clutch, unless it will take skill to use it and be quicker there won't be much point to it.
3/9/2016 2:00pm
60 euros? they're joking right..... probably not gonna but this game or it has to be absolutely fantastic, which I don't expect it will be.
JW381
3/9/2016 2:03pm
mxpassion wrote:
Hope the physics and characteristics are a little different in the new one. Not that they were bad in the first one, just that I don't...
Hope the physics and characteristics are a little different in the new one. Not that they were bad in the first one, just that I don't like it when they throw out a game every 5 mins and the only different is custom pants and hand guards. I'm not overly fussed about the "free" whips, it would of been nice as reflex was awesome for this, but it would be nicer if they can make the bikes handling different for different surfaces
Yup, I'm with ya
3/9/2016 2:28pm
TailSoHard wrote:
I like it! One observation though: why do we need a garage? Somebody probably spent a lot of time and money engineering a garage into the...
I like it!

One observation though: why do we need a garage? Somebody probably spent a lot of time and money engineering a garage into the game when in all reality, they could have just given us a plain background (like Relflex...). It would have saved some money to sink into perfecting the physics or the tracks. Or to pay someone to come up with better names for the supercross tracks Laughing
The thing that bugs me most... it's a 2015 series that ended in October of 2015, being released in April/June of 2016.

If this going to become a yearly release they can't be 9 months behind every time. They're going to be half way through the 2016 season before the 2015 series hits stateside. The only thing that makes this 2015 and not 2016 is the riders/teams depicted in the Championship. That's just model skins . All of the aftermarket gear and bike graphics are not dependent on a year. Just my $.02. Ex - It's not hard to change Covington #64 to Petrov #152 and have it look current. It's not like every rider and every team change every year and it's a complete grind to figure everything out.
Zycki11
3/9/2016 4:36pm
How are they going to force Americans to wait until June? Does Xbox still have a lock. and if so can we just switch our location like we did to download the demo on the first one?
peelout
3/9/2016 4:38pm
looks rad

if it's better than MXGP then i'm definitely on board. as for the floatiness of it, i agree, in 3rd person it looks very floaty... but i always played MXGP in first person and it was the tits
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
3/9/2016 4:57pm
I like how the first one locked me out of online play and then they never fixed it.
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
3/9/2016 6:37pm
I actually ordered MXGP 14 last week and have been milking it non stop. Not reflex but love the ability to turn on a dime or sweep turns and all that jazz. It's a bummer they didnt tweak the in air physics/auto scrub, but I still think it has massive potential on a next gen console. If they could fuse Reflex and MXGP it would be amazing. Beggars can't be choosers though, just glad it's something new.
3/9/2016 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2016 6:53pm
All the PS4 peeps add me if youd like to play sometime on Encore or when this comes out. I may import it from the UK, I believe the PS4 isnt region locked.
My psn is chromekid.
DrSweden
3/10/2016 2:27am
Two strokes? It's a game, shouldn't be an issue to have them in? The can even make them competitive!
ktm_34
3/10/2016 2:54am
The way RV is standing on the bike gives me the impression that he needs to take a shit the whole time. For me it looks worse than the previous one. The customization is cool but I think I'll stick to MX vs ATV. Just my 2 cents.
ktm_34
3/10/2016 2:57am
ktm_34 wrote:
The way RV is standing on the bike gives me the impression that he needs to take a shit the whole time. For me it looks...
The way RV is standing on the bike gives me the impression that he needs to take a shit the whole time. For me it looks worse than the previous one. The customization is cool but I think I'll stick to MX vs ATV. Just my 2 cents.
This is in response to the gameplay video FYI
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
3/10/2016 4:38am
How could anyone demo ,develop this and say its ready? Looks terrible.soooo slow and floaty.. Graphics and set up looks good.but physics is king.i was asleep in 15 seconds.ill save my $60 .
Motofinne
3/10/2016 5:03am
The video with someone riding as RV is about 4 months old, probably not even close to the finished product.
PastranaWho
3/10/2016 5:07am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2016 5:08am
Spydee wrote:
Doesn't look massively different from the first one, but to be fair only subtle changes were needed anyway.

https://youtu.be/0T9aA2U0PeA
LOL the video is like 5 months old, you can find more recent videosBlink
Frodad78
3/10/2016 5:53am
New release date? Pulled this from their FB page.

disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
3/10/2016 6:09am
I just discovered how liberating buying games on Steam is. They allow you to return games if you don't like them! Never something you could do with a game you buy in the store.e

I had a weak moment and bought Supercross Encore, bought a few tracks and add ons, and returned the game 1 hour later because it was pure garbage... Back to Reflex for me.
Paul333
3/10/2016 6:34am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2016 6:34am
peelout wrote:
looks rad if it's better than MXGP then i'm definitely on board. as for the floatiness of it, i agree, in 3rd person it looks very...
looks rad

if it's better than MXGP then i'm definitely on board. as for the floatiness of it, i agree, in 3rd person it looks very floaty... but i always played MXGP in first person and it was the tits
I could not agree more.

Play it 1st person and all the complaints go away.

Post a reply to: [MXGP 2 VIDEOGAME] US. Release Date

The Latest