MXA weighs the pigs...uh, bikes!

PRM31
12/18/2011 1:51pm
My '04 CR 250 weighed 222 with a bit over a half a tank of gas.
WhKnuckle
12/18/2011 2:24pm
PRM31 wrote:
My '04 CR 250 weighed 222 with a bit over a half a tank of gas.
My '07 CR500AF (built on a CRF250R chassis) weighs 225 with about half a tank of gas, so...
DrSweden
12/18/2011 2:26pm
Zycki11 wrote:
The Honda is 13lbs lighter because it has the UNI cam engine. They are significantly lighter. Each bike has scale weight was well as ride weight...
The Honda is 13lbs lighter because it has the UNI cam engine. They are significantly lighter. Each bike has scale weight was well as ride weight. The Yamaha feels heavy, while the Suzuki being the heaviest feels light. My guess is because the Yamaha is wide and the RMZ is slim like the Honda. I have Yellow now and i am trying to sell it and get a Honda. If anyone would like a 09 RMZ 450 in perfect condition let me know! haha Sorry for the plug
One extra cam, longer chain and two extra lifters really weight 13 lbs? Sure, they can shave of some weight with that, but seems Honda put more effort in things than the others? Maybe not relevant, but I notice the bolts on my CRF are much more precise in lenght, don't need washers etc compared to the previous KXF. Then you have the wheels of the Honda, known to be lighter than the rest and beat most aftermarket...
wildbill
12/18/2011 2:37pm
pussy's! My three 99 YZ-400F's weighed over 260lbs + on the starting line.

(oops, forgot that my last one swapped me into retirement)

The Shop

neysbo
12/18/2011 6:51pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
I don't ride a 450 four stroke so I don't really know, but I keep hearing 450 guys say, "I was riding along and everything was...
I don't ride a 450 four stroke so I don't really know, but I keep hearing 450 guys say, "I was riding along and everything was fine and the next thing I knew I was getting pasted into the ground." You have to wonder if the mass of the bike really makes it feel stable unless you get out of shape, and then the combination of a lot of mass and a very high center of gravity makes the thing seem like it just loses its mind and pitches the rider over the fence.

The point is, weight isn't just an annoyance while you're riding, it's also a factor in turning a simple swap into a catastrophic crash.
hmm funny, when I am just riding along and mainly coming out of corners I have alot of 2 strokes in the way that I always blow past.
Zycki11
12/18/2011 6:57pm
Zycki11 wrote:
The Honda is 13lbs lighter because it has the UNI cam engine. They are significantly lighter. Each bike has scale weight was well as ride weight...
The Honda is 13lbs lighter because it has the UNI cam engine. They are significantly lighter. Each bike has scale weight was well as ride weight. The Yamaha feels heavy, while the Suzuki being the heaviest feels light. My guess is because the Yamaha is wide and the RMZ is slim like the Honda. I have Yellow now and i am trying to sell it and get a Honda. If anyone would like a 09 RMZ 450 in perfect condition let me know! haha Sorry for the plug
mxb2 wrote:
Howmuch, how many hrs? Stock, mods?
$3900 cash. Full yosh exhaust, Hinson clutch, and revolves forks and shock. Set up for 180lbs. Extremely clean 15 hours max

Post a reply to: MXA weighs the pigs...uh, bikes!

The Latest