huck
4/10/2009 8:41am
Did Mel's brother write that?

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/10/2009 8:55am
I get the idea of "The Code."

But if you've got a problem rider and you start trying to take him to task for breaking "The Code", the first question from the rider, his manager, or a lawyer would be, "Can you show me where that is in the AMA rulebook?"

Maybe it's written on three or four blank pages at the end of the rulebook.
TJ 755
4/10/2009 8:57am
The "M" has their own rules.
englishman
4/10/2009 9:00am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:20pm
Bradshaw & Chicken what fart in the general direction of the code and laugh in it's face back in the day .

And anyone remember Larry Ward all but do a u turn to try and take someone out back in his Suzuki days ???

The Shop

AMA714
4/10/2009 9:06am
The growth and $$ in this sport has made everyone super sensative... Hannah would tell you he was going to take you out before he lined up beside you...
Void Main
4/10/2009 9:16am
englishman wrote:
Bradshaw & Chicken what fart in the general direction of the code and laugh in it's face back in the day . And anyone remember Larry...
Bradshaw & Chicken what fart in the general direction of the code and laugh in it's face back in the day .

And anyone remember Larry Ward all but do a u turn to try and take someone out back in his Suzuki days ???
They better be careful or JLaw shall taunt them a second time.
500guy
4/10/2009 9:16am
The AMA rule book states racing in these events is a Privilege and not a right.

Whom ever gets penalized has the right to appeal but if that's denied it's not going to get much further nobody is cowering at the dreaded I'll get my lawyer card.
4/10/2009 9:47am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:20pm
wasnt it you that started the whole pussification of MX thing? i guess you were right...

on a side note... i think the first rough pass should have been enough to say, "get it dude, dont mess with me". after that is just playing around and showing that you dont care about racing. i read his rider on the storm thing in RX, and i think its BS. he says he cares soo much for the sport. well if he did, he should be toughing out every race to get his bike on the box. thats the goal right? instead he finds reasons to sit out whenever he can because he doesnt feel like it. a waste of talent i say. i wish i had it and im sure theres a bunch of others that can say the same. its sad he is going to throw it away. ive supported the punk for a long time now... defending him on a few different sites... way to make me look stupid.
GoRide2
4/10/2009 10:40am
Is there a reason why people who constantly drop hints about how "core" they are and about how pussy everyone else is in comparison to them always find time to bitch about how Jason Lawrence is so bad for the sport? People like MXA and posters on here like to glorify guys like Hannah and Lechien and whatever for the same reasons that they cry about JLaw. They really aren't so different.
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
4/10/2009 10:45am
I'm one of those "core" guys and I think Jlaw is one of the best things to happen to the sport in years.

"Bring back the art of the block pass!"
breck
4/10/2009 10:46am
right here right now I'll say it...

JLAW is the best thing to happen to MX since the CaseReed!
swizcore
4/10/2009 10:49am
Lechien, Hannah, Chicken and other past controversial MXers were doing what they did out of passion to win; Lawrence is just VERY immature. Im not saying which is more of a detriment, thats just opinion.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
4/10/2009 10:51am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:20pm
TJ 755 wrote:
The "M" has their own rules.
Yep!

One would think....
When the title sponsor is also your personal/team sponsor, you could push the envelope just a little farther. Smile
I like seeing JLAW out there....thank god he has Monster behind him 110%.
gnarwhip
4/10/2009 11:04am
FastEddy wrote:
Yep! One would think.... When the title sponsor is also your personal/team sponsor, you could push the envelope just a little farther. I like seeing JLAW...
Yep!

One would think....
When the title sponsor is also your personal/team sponsor, you could push the envelope just a little farther. Smile
I like seeing JLAW out there....thank god he has Monster behind him 110%.
Monster is very smart...haha 500guy just did the Seinfeld thing where Jerry goes, "Newman!" and clinches his fist...only 500 guy said, "Jlaw!" and stormed out of his computer room.
500guy
4/10/2009 11:10am
GoRide2 wrote:
Is there a reason why people who constantly drop hints about how "core" they are and about how pussy everyone else is in comparison to them...
Is there a reason why people who constantly drop hints about how "core" they are and about how pussy everyone else is in comparison to them always find time to bitch about how Jason Lawrence is so bad for the sport? People like MXA and posters on here like to glorify guys like Hannah and Lechien and whatever for the same reasons that they cry about JLaw. They really aren't so different.
You wouldn't know core if it bit you in the ass
txmxer
4/10/2009 12:06pm
GoRide2 wrote:
Is there a reason why people who constantly drop hints about how "core" they are and about how pussy everyone else is in comparison to them...
This is where you lose me, " They really aren't so different."

I didn't follow MX in those days (dark ages for me). I only get the history versions of those guys. Hannah rode every race he could...on crap equipment. Basically, gave everything he had to win.

Leichen was insanely talented, very similar to JLaw. He didn't really appreciate what he had going for him. I don't know if he got into fights. I got the impression that he was well liked, just 0 discipline. So, some similarity there.

All I really know about JLaw is what I see and what is reported here and elsewhere. From what I see, he doesn't care about racing that much.

09450f
4/10/2009 12:14pm
thats what i thought also..that Jlaw doesn't really care..but he must care to go out and practice like he does and spend his money on it.

i like rollerball
4/10/2009 1:48pm
oshow wrote:
Broc can stop it, RV did.

I dont agree with the moves after the first hit but i say the first hit is racing.
+1
Bauer
4/10/2009 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:20pm
There's no excuse for a rider to chase another rider around the track, looking to spear him with the bike, but it's certainly been done before. I don't know if that's what Jlaw was doing, I wasn't there. But I doubt that whatever he was doing hardly justifies banishment. The "core" sentiment and solution has always been to let the riders police themselves.

Also, I don't think that MXA is calling for banishment of Lawrence; that's not what I read in that article. Besides, who (besides 500guy) gives a flying fuck what they're calling for? He's so core he has to quote Jody's Box to back up his fucking redneck crusade against J-Law!

LOL!
bigcat
4/10/2009 2:08pm
oshow wrote:
Broc can stop it, RV did.

I dont agree with the moves after the first hit but i say the first hit is racing.
So everybody gets 1 free hit?
JPT
4/10/2009 2:37pm
I like tough, close racing. Two guys going for the same piece of ground with neither willing to give an inch is good racing. A well executed block pass by an aggressive rider is a thing of beauty. In that atmosphere, there's going to be contact and that's just part of the deal.

That being said, I'm also a believer that there's more to winning than just finishing first. If you didn't follow the rules, you didn't win. When riders quit racing and just start going after the other guy they're outside the whole point of the race. People get pissed in the heat of competion and forget that, but if the governing body doesn't keep it under control you end up with chaos.

No question that JL is talented. But what I see from him time and time again is somebody with a fragile ego that can't tolerate anything he sees as disrepecting him. Somebody makes an aggressive pass on him and passing the guy back isn't enough, he has to go after the guy personally. It what causes the conflicts off the track too. It's why he gets into the fights, it's why he gets into all the trouble, it's why he has drug and alcohol issues. Too bad because if he can't get it under control, it'll end up costing him his career.

A whole bunch of guys out there claim to be J-Law fans and say he's good for the sport are just enjoying watching a guy with huge potential destroy himself for their entertainment.
BobbyM
4/10/2009 5:16pm
breck wrote:

jlaw is gonna put this sport on the map baby!!!

get him to come to DB's at A1 breckster...Smile
jmar
4/10/2009 5:19pm
500guy wrote:
The AMA rule book states racing in these events is a Privilege and not a right. Whom ever gets penalized has the right to appeal but...

Whom ever gets penalized has the right to appeal but if that's denied it's not going to get much further nobody is cowering at the dreaded I'll get my lawyer card.

That would never hold water in court.
Whitey
4/10/2009 5:54pm
breck wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
jlaw is gonna put this sport on the map baby!!!

get him to come to DB's at A1 breckster...Smile
Haha, i bet it wouldnt take much to drag him to Fritz's during the night either
CR250Rider
4/10/2009 6:14pm
i sure dont want to see Hepler injured anymore.
Hep has a reputation for being some fragile as it is.....
mxdad
4/10/2009 6:43pm
As much as I like Jason after his 450 performance this season that shit last week is rediculous.

Damn. If he only knew how terrible it is to work a 7am-6pm day 6 days per week just to be able to buy your own bike to enjoy this sport.

Guess he is about to find out.

G Force
4/10/2009 6:54pm
mxdad wrote:
As much as I like Jason after his 450 performance this season that shit last week is rediculous. Damn. If he only knew how terrible it...
As much as I like Jason after his 450 performance this season that shit last week is rediculous.

Damn. If he only knew how terrible it is to work a 7am-6pm day 6 days per week just to be able to buy your own bike to enjoy this sport.

Guess he is about to find out.

Dude, he was the FASTEST guy at Daytona, and top 5 fast on several other occassions. You're not going to get rid of him that easily.

mxdad
4/10/2009 6:57pm
Brah I like Jason. His fate is predetermined by his on and off track behavior. Do you need a list or something? 2 more incedents in the past 8 days. Or don't you stay informed?

Post a reply to: MXA say's probation not working Suspend him for year

The Latest