MXA - Loretta Lynn's

TomZ
Fantasy
4265th
8/3/2014 4:48am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2014 3:03pm
The Loretta Lynn's amateur national is unquestionably the biggest motocross event this week and perhaps one of the biggest motocross events of the year for core motocross folks.

Based on MXA claiming they are the core moto mag..........doesn't it seem odd that there isn't a mention on their website this week about LL ?? No results, no mention that there was even a race in Tennessee this week.

Based on glowing coverage RacerX gave Glen Helen I thought MXA might respond in kind and provide at least a mention or two on their website about LL.

Maybe the coverage will come in print......or maybe not. I find it hard to claim "core moto" and ignore LL.
|
motoxxx599
Fantasy
961st
8/3/2014 4:49am
they havent really covered LL in past few years..
OW38B
Fantasy
134th
8/3/2014 7:54am
Loretta Lynn the country singer...........is doing a concert? Unsure
DownSouth
8/3/2014 8:01am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 8:03am
Stay tuned for wall to wall coverage of this weeks REM action at Glen Helen. You won't believe who won the +50 novice class. Tongue
MxKing809
Fantasy
175th
8/3/2014 8:07am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 8:08am
RacerX=Loretta's...... RacerX is MXA's competition... So therefore, so is Loretta's.

The Shop

500guy
8/3/2014 8:17am
This is a Valid question, I'm not 100% sure but I would like to point out that California had approximately 109 riders in this event.
possibly the most from any State.

even if they only covered Riders from the West a person would think it would be a good business move.
rpoint116
8/3/2014 9:01am
I think MXA is geared more towards Professional racing, Pro riders, tech & equipment.

Racer X more Pro & amature, behind the scenes, & people stories.

They both complement each other well.
OW38B
Fantasy
134th
8/3/2014 9:54am
TWMX does not mention LL either.

The AMA does not have much of a presence in California MX and most here do not give LL a thought. Many riders at the races talk about going to Mammoth MX, but only a few talk about going to LL.

Not "good or bad".......just what it is.
Squid-mom
8/3/2014 10:02am
500guy wrote:
This is a Valid question, I'm not 100% sure but I would like to point out that California had approximately 109 riders in this event. possibly...
This is a Valid question, I'm not 100% sure but I would like to point out that California had approximately 109 riders in this event.

even if they only covered Riders from the West a person would think it would be a good business move.
California won the most titles this year.
The Rock
8/3/2014 10:23am
500guy wrote:
This is a Valid question, I'm not 100% sure but I would like to point out that California had approximately 109 riders in this event. possibly...

What is the point in duplicating the coverage Racer X is already providing?
8/3/2014 12:36pm
MXA provided as much coverage of LL's as Vital MX and Pulp MX. ZERO. Damn shame on all accounts. Just because it is not a Pro event and the Coombs family/Racer X profit from it is no excuse. The live stream this year was a huge step forward. Some behind the scenes media reporting is the next step. RacerX can't cover it all. People where pitted over 2 miles away from the track. The scope of this event is huge and deserves better media attention.
8/3/2014 12:41pm
TomZ wrote:
The Loretta Lynn's amateur national is unquestionably the biggest motocross event this week and perhaps one of the biggest motocross events of the year for core...
The Loretta Lynn's amateur national is unquestionably the biggest motocross event this week and perhaps one of the biggest motocross events of the year for core motocross folks.

Based on MXA claiming they are the core moto mag..........doesn't it seem odd that there isn't a mention on their website this week about LL ?? No results, no mention that there was even a race in Tennessee this week.

Based on glowing coverage RacerX gave Glen Helen I thought MXA might respond in kind and provide at least a mention or two on their website about LL.

Maybe the coverage will come in print......or maybe not. I find it hard to claim "core moto" and ignore LL.
Do you subscribe to MXA or visit their website on a regular basis?
burn1986
Fantasy
3264th
8/3/2014 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 1:11pm
First off MXA is not a reader or fan based mag. In other words MXA does their own thing regardless of who reads it. They simply do what their sponsors tell them to. Their sponsors haven't told them to cover Loretta's so they don't. A bunch of hooping and hollering by us won't change it.
steve_97060
8/3/2014 1:58pm
burn1986 wrote:
First off MXA is not a reader or fan based mag. In other words MXA does their own thing regardless of who reads it. They simply...
First off MXA is not a reader or fan based mag. In other words MXA does their own thing regardless of who reads it. They simply do what their sponsors tell them to. Their sponsors haven't told them to cover Loretta's so they don't. A bunch of hooping and hollering by us won't change it.
so why don't you tell us who these "sponsors" are?
The Rock
8/3/2014 2:00pm
burn1986 wrote:
First off MXA is not a reader or fan based mag. In other words MXA does their own thing regardless of who reads it. They simply...
When was this knowledge bestowed upon you?

onepostwonder-Is it that much trouble to go to Racer X's website? I am a fan of the Behind the Scenes stuff as well and sounds like there an opportunity for participants at LL to take some shots and forward them to different MX websites if they are so inclined. I have seen local photographers work on MXA from time to time.
TeamGreen
8/3/2014 2:08pm
I honestly don't know if there's that much value in it for MXA. As others have said, LL's isn't a regular part of their "conversation".

On the other-hand, going forward, it's my opinion...just me...that they should expand their coverage and really invest in their Web-Presence...there's revenue and a future in both.

But, I could be wrong...
bigborefan
8/3/2014 5:50pm
Other than REM at Glen Helen, I didn't realize MXA covered any racing.

8/3/2014 6:06pm
bigborefan wrote:
Other than REM at Glen Helen, I didn't realize MXA covered any racing.

It didn't happen if it wasn't at glen helen.....on a pro circuit bike...
motofab36
8/3/2014 6:27pm
MXA still exists? I had no idea
Matt Wozney
8/3/2014 6:53pm
We produced over 20 videos (more on the way) and posted over 200 images (more on the way) from the week at LL. MXPTV.com is where they are at!
MotoX85
8/3/2014 6:58pm
TomZ wrote:
The Loretta Lynn's amateur national is unquestionably the biggest motocross event this week and perhaps one of the biggest motocross events of the year for core...

Why didn;t you ask this question when Racer X had NO COVERAGE of Millcreek Am Nat / Oakhill Am Nat / DuQuoin Am Nat / Ponca Am Nat / Norman Am Nat / Branson Am Nat / World mini GP in Vegas

Journalism is dead - Propaganda mags only write about thier own adventures, therefore you will only find Mammoth with Jeremy/Freestone with James/Daytona with Ricky/Mini O's and Lorettas in RacerX cause that is their series.

This holds true with MXA also - Jody only talks about how great Jody is, Glen Helen and adding 1 tooth the rear to get to 3rd gear faster but take all the power away by adding a flywheel weight at the same time talking how KTM is king cause they have 2 HP more than the Yamaha and HP makes all the difference...........Geez all the factory guys use to do it.
TeamGreen
8/3/2014 6:59pm
You know what...

If I recall correctly, Jody's not a fan of what "Amateur" racing has become...at that level (Factory Backed riders at an "Amateur" race).

That position has it's merits. Even Mitch has commented that it's gotten out of control...

Some of the pokes in here are funny; but, honestly...they seem to test and develop bikes for the masses. You know...regular folk. Besides, they're the originators of the 2 Stroke Rebellion.

They were among the 1st to call KTMs "the best bike for the rest of us".

So, there's always that...
MotoX85
8/3/2014 7:00pm
We produced over 20 videos (more on the way) and posted over 200 images (more on the way) from the week at LL. MXPTV.com is where...
We produced over 20 videos (more on the way) and posted over 200 images (more on the way) from the week at LL. MXPTV.com is where they are at!
Now this is journalism at its finest. Thes guys always do a great job and hit as many races as they can, not matter who is profitting from them.
burn1986
Fantasy
3264th
8/3/2014 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 7:23pm
TeamGreen wrote:
You know what... If I recall correctly, Jody's not a fan of what "Amateur" racing has become...at that level (Factory Backed riders at an "Amateur" race)...
You know what...

If I recall correctly, Jody's not a fan of what "Amateur" racing has become...at that level (Factory Backed riders at an "Amateur" race).

That position has it's merits. Even Mitch has commented that it's gotten out of control...

Some of the pokes in here are funny; but, honestly...they seem to test and develop bikes for the masses. You know...regular folk. Besides, they're the originators of the 2 Stroke Rebellion.

Yet , they wouldn't include a 250sx or YZ 250 in a 250 shootout, which would be solely for amateurs. Even after we've written to them and asked them for it.
Matt Wozney
8/3/2014 7:47pm
We produced over 20 videos (more on the way) and posted over 200 images (more on the way) from the week at LL. MXPTV.com is where...
MotoX85 wrote:
Now this is journalism at its finest. Thes guys always do a great job and hit as many races as they can, not matter who is...
Now this is journalism at its finest. Thes guys always do a great job and hit as many races as they can, not matter who is profitting from them.
Thanks for the kind words. We like covering all types of motocross races that we can get to. This weekend, we are covering Unadilla Saturday and a supermoto event in Delaware on Sunday.
MX45
8/3/2014 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 8:06pm
Because Racer X, Vurb, MXPTV, Motoplayground and others have it covered, have a history of amateur racing exposure, and and they all do a great job at it.
Trav138
8/3/2014 8:22pm
TeamGreen wrote:
You know what... If I recall correctly, Jody's not a fan of what "Amateur" racing has become...at that level (Factory Backed riders at an "Amateur" race)...
You know what...

They beat the fourstoke drum for years, then when it was cool and against the grain to jump on the 2 stoke thing they did.

I agree with you about the professional amateurs.

I like MXA, been getting it for a long time. It is what it is with them.

I actually like checking the REM stuff every once in a while. Its just impressive how that is run and the turnout every week
41NDT
8/3/2014 8:56pm
Do any of you follow MXA on instagram? i do and there was a tonne (1000kg's) of photos from LL's from MXA.
TeamGreen
8/3/2014 9:02pm
41NDT wrote:
Do any of you follow MXA on instagram? i do and there was a tonne (1000kg's) of photos from LL's from MXA.
One of their riders, Justin Jones, went. Did he post via MXA?
ML512
Fantasy
32nd
8/3/2014 9:04pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Now this is journalism at its finest. Thes guys always do a great job and hit as many races as they can, not matter who is...
Matt's been on it this week, great coverage!
ML512
Fantasy
32nd
8/3/2014 9:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 9:05pm
41NDT wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
One of their riders, Justin Jones, went. Did he post via MXA?
He's more of a Dirt Bike guy. WinkLaughing

Post a reply to: MXA - Loretta Lynn's

The Latest