MX vs ATV

Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 5:21am
I cleared my Sunday just to read the positive comments to come Smile

http://youtu.be/Z2dFYJFeoMw
|
7/26/2015 6:10am
Ha, can I start? :D Bringing a quad to race canard is like bringing a pocket knife to a gun fight. Even with the creative editing the speed differance is obvious. Nothing wrong with racing quads, skill wise its just as tough and thre is definetly some seriously fast guys doing it, but it just doesent have the capability of raw speed as a dirt bike
Zracer
7/26/2015 6:19am
There isnt one guy that will reply that can beat T Brown in a race on a mx track

7/26/2015 9:39am
Ha, can I start? :D Bringing a quad to race canard is like bringing a pocket knife to a gun fight. Even with the creative editing...
Ha, can I start? :D Bringing a quad to race canard is like bringing a pocket knife to a gun fight. Even with the creative editing the speed differance is obvious. Nothing wrong with racing quads, skill wise its just as tough and thre is definetly some seriously fast guys doing it, but it just doesent have the capability of raw speed as a dirt bike
Absolutely. I'm a quad fan as well as moto and Brown was nowhere close to Canard. Remember, it is his home track and the statements explained in the video tell more as to why they are not comparable. Thanks for the props!
7/26/2015 9:39am
Zracer wrote:
There isnt one guy that will reply that can beat T Brown in a race on a mx track

You got that right

The Shop

672_Seth
7/26/2015 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2015 1:25pm
#nukethequads
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
7/26/2015 3:00pm
Zracer wrote:

Dude is fast as hell but the track on the left looked like a highway and the on the right it looked like an mx track with ruts and bumps Silly
Thelen20
7/26/2015 6:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2015 6:01pm
While the comparison is not at all apples to apples, I do not see why pro motocross on quads get such a bad rap here. . .

My brother raced quads at the local pro level at the same time I was racing bikes and yes, I did jump on my dads 250r and race against him a couple times. It was fun! It is amazing what a purpose built mx quad can do on a real to life national mx track and anybody who can't see that needs to open up their mind.

Unadilla, joel hetrick doing all the same obstacles as the bikes and flat out hauling a few weeks ago

https://youtu.be/Ka6KBvyBPUw

Unadilla National Recap

https://youtu.be/nwNTcNqIkCk

Millville, ya, they blitz the whoops just like the bikes

https://youtu.be/9XIC_kXVq1s

They actually race a bunch of the same national tracks as the bikes. Like I said, you cant compare lap times straight up because of how differently the tracks shape up and there should never be quads and bikes on the same track at the same time but give them credit because credit is due
tobz
7/26/2015 6:25pm
Quads get a bad rap for many a reason. One particular reason that brings on rage when I arrive at the track and see Quads in the pits is that it turns the track to shit.

That, and your essentially trying to ride mx with training wheels.
Thelen20
7/26/2015 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2015 6:46pm
tobz wrote:
Quads get a bad rap for many a reason. One particular reason that brings on rage when I arrive at the track and see Quads in...
Quads get a bad rap for many a reason. One particular reason that brings on rage when I arrive at the track and see Quads in the pits is that it turns the track to shit.

I totally agree with the first part of your post, which is why I said quads should never be on track together with bikes, as in, they should not be at the same track on the same day.

And in response to your last sentence. . . Have you ever tried to jump a quad like they do??? Much harder to fly them than a bike. . . Maybe you just moto a bike because it's easier???

That is the perception that is not accurate, quads are not easier
mx836
7/26/2015 6:41pm
tobz wrote:
Quads get a bad rap for many a reason. One particular reason that brings on rage when I arrive at the track and see Quads in...

Thelen20 wrote:
I totally agree with the first part of your post, which is why I said quads should never be on track together with bikes, as in...
I totally agree with the first part of your post, which is why I said quads should never be on track together with bikes, as in, they should not be at the same track on the same day.

And in response to your last sentence. . . Have you ever tried to jump a quad like they do??? Much harder to fly them than a bike. . . Maybe you just moto a bike because it's easier???

That's because they are impractical. Weren't the first quads made for utility work? Motorcycles were first intended for transportation. Quads, not so much.
7/26/2015 7:11pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2015 7:11pm
I may not ride a quad but anything like Quads are like mx bikes with training wheels makes it obvious those people haven't ridden a quad.
Zracer
7/26/2015 9:30pm
tobz wrote:

Thelen20 wrote:
I totally agree with the first part of your post, which is why I said quads should never be on track together with bikes, as in...

mx836 wrote:
That's because they are impractical. Weren't the first quads made for utility work? Motorcycles were first intended for transportation. Quads, not so much.
No they weren't . 1983 Suzuki introduced the 185cc Quadrunner.Hence the term quad. It was a recreational atv aimed at the segment of 3 wheelers dominated by Honda. Suzuki did not want to compete head to head.
tobz
7/26/2015 11:36pm
tobz wrote:

Thelen20 wrote:

Ehe it was a tongue in cheek comment, kinda like the classic "what's the worse part about riding a quad?..."

Quads are like religion, it's fine by me if you have fun doing it, just don't do it around me Smile
7/27/2015 1:03am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 1:07am
I absolutely LOVE showing up to a track and seeing it completely hard packed, no ruts, and enough dust to rival Mad Max Fury Road. Everyone knows that bikes are super fun to ride on a highway,!!

No but seriously, I dont see why tracks still allow quads. They make up 5% of the income of the track but make it miserable for the 95% of bike riders that are there. 2 quads can ruin a track day for 50 bikes... I just dont understand it. A track near me actually stopped allowing quads, and their business got better.

On top of that, almost all the stupid redneck shit that happens at a mx track is pretty exclusively because of quad riders. Not too long ago a quad rider was cutting my local track at full speed and ran into a bulldozer, of course he blames it on the track owners. Then, a kid on a quad decides to stop in the middle of the track and look at his shitmobile, only to pull back on directly in the path of an oncoming bike.

Its like the level of intelligence of the people who buy/ride quads is pretty low.
7/27/2015 4:12am
I absolutely LOVE showing up to a track and seeing it completely hard packed, no ruts, and enough dust to rival Mad Max Fury Road. Everyone...
I absolutely LOVE showing up to a track and seeing it completely hard packed, no ruts, and enough dust to rival Mad Max Fury Road. Everyone knows that bikes are super fun to ride on a highway,!!

No but seriously, I dont see why tracks still allow quads. They make up 5% of the income of the track but make it miserable for the 95% of bike riders that are there. 2 quads can ruin a track day for 50 bikes... I just dont understand it. A track near me actually stopped allowing quads, and their business got better.

On top of that, almost all the stupid redneck shit that happens at a mx track is pretty exclusively because of quad riders. Not too long ago a quad rider was cutting my local track at full speed and ran into a bulldozer, of course he blames it on the track owners. Then, a kid on a quad decides to stop in the middle of the track and look at his shitmobile, only to pull back on directly in the path of an oncoming bike.

Its like the level of intelligence of the people who buy/ride quads is pretty low.
GODDAMN PHIL COLLINS!

I agree with what you say though... a quad will obliterate the track for every bike out there.
Jharper
7/27/2015 4:58am
Great video Blake! Good to see you're still doing it. I haven't seen much over the last couple of years.
WVUpetro2013
7/27/2015 5:21am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 5:24am
I absolutely LOVE showing up to a track and seeing it completely hard packed, no ruts, and enough dust to rival Mad Max Fury Road. Everyone...

I have been complaining about that for the past couple years, ever since all the tracks in my general area allowed quads to accommodate more customers (about 5 quads) and they absolutely ruin the track. Ruts are gone, jumps faces are sketch, and it just makes the track more dangerous in general for everyone (IMO). Ever since they have started allowing quads, I have started going more towards woods riding. I have no interest in racing on dirt as hard as concrete.

For the record, I have no problem with quads, only when they are on the same track as bikes.

Post a reply to: MX vs ATV

The Latest