MX near Tampa??

Indy mxer
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:27pm
Wife and I are heading to the Homosassa-Crystal River area right after Xmas to visit her sister.
I'd like to take my bike and hit some local tracks in that area for open riding if possible
Going to hit Monster Mountain on the way down.

What are my best options?
I'd like to stay within 2 hours if possible.
Sorry if I asked this before. Just looking for more options.

Thanks in advance!!
|
Jakes Dad
11/22/2011 3:11am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2011 3:11am
e-mailmeforprivatetrackinfo.ride

Brooksville Wed. & Sat. or Sun.

The Shop

Indy mxer
11/22/2011 4:49am
What are your opinions on the above tracks?
I may only have time to ride 1 or 2 days while I'm there. So I'd like to go to the best one.

Thanks.
Jakes Dad
11/22/2011 7:53am
Dade City & Sunshine not worth the money to ride time. You'll have to buy memberships for both and they divide the classes about 10 ways and you might get 10 minutes every 1 hr 15 minutes.

East Bay 2 hr drive, same thing membership but way more ride time.

Hard Rock and Bostwick no membership around $25 to ride unlimited time. BUT call 1st for Hard Rock they have not been maintaining the tracks at all. Bostwick is always good but right at your 2 hr 1 way drive time.

If your near a B level rider and the private track owner is going to open for riding I can get you in here at Brooksville. $20 donation and a track that puts all other Florida tracks down several notches.
MotoX85
11/22/2011 11:50am
Whatever you do...stay away from Dade City MX, worst place I have ever rode at (if you call it riding), owner has Pasco county sheriff in his pocket and have actually heard said that he trys for 3 people to jail a week. I was warned not to go, didn;t listen and the only thing that saved me was the Police Badge in my pocket. After I called their BS, they literally left and I had to call 911 to get the deputies to come back so I could sign a statement on the owner, after an apology from the Pasco Sheriff, and statement saying they were NOT letting me sign a statement (illegal) I told them to Fu@# off..

Hardrock was fun but if they have not been maintaining the tracks then it would be rough to say the least, been a few years since I have been there having moved back up north.

Monster mountain - then head south on 431 to Dothan, AL and hit Riverside MX, then go south to I 10, about 10 or so miles from the interstate is County Line MX in Fountain, FL., from there hit Interstate 10 into mainland FL., once under GA, you can turn off for Bainbridge, Ga (Ezra Lusk track) and/or Cairo GA, MTF and others. Continuing on I 10, hit I 75 and head south. From their you will pass right by Gatorback in Gainsville and then a little further south on I 75 you will pass Reddick, FL, Marion Cty MX. Then Hardrock in Ocala, FL.

There is also Croom riding area (not too bad) right off I75 (this is actually the closest to you. And then their is Bithlo in Orlando, if you take the turn pike this is right at 2 hours from you.

DO NOT got to Dade City, you have been warned.
OldTiddler
11/22/2011 12:04pm
Depends on which days you have open for riding. If you're looking for weekday practice then they have different schedules. Bartow is the best track within about 2hr., and has weekday, daytime practice. Sunshine and eastbay i think have weekday but only nighttime practice.

Either of those 3 should be on your list.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
11/22/2011 12:42pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Whatever you do...stay away from Dade City MX, worst place I have ever rode at (if you call it riding), owner has Pasco county sheriff in...
Whatever you do...stay away from Dade City MX, worst place I have ever rode at (if you call it riding), owner has Pasco county sheriff in his pocket and have actually heard said that he trys for 3 people to jail a week. I was warned not to go, didn;t listen and the only thing that saved me was the Police Badge in my pocket. After I called their BS, they literally left and I had to call 911 to get the deputies to come back so I could sign a statement on the owner, after an apology from the Pasco Sheriff, and statement saying they were NOT letting me sign a statement (illegal) I told them to Fu@# off..

Hardrock was fun but if they have not been maintaining the tracks then it would be rough to say the least, been a few years since I have been there having moved back up north.

Monster mountain - then head south on 431 to Dothan, AL and hit Riverside MX, then go south to I 10, about 10 or so miles from the interstate is County Line MX in Fountain, FL., from there hit Interstate 10 into mainland FL., once under GA, you can turn off for Bainbridge, Ga (Ezra Lusk track) and/or Cairo GA, MTF and others. Continuing on I 10, hit I 75 and head south. From their you will pass right by Gatorback in Gainsville and then a little further south on I 75 you will pass Reddick, FL, Marion Cty MX. Then Hardrock in Ocala, FL.

There is also Croom riding area (not too bad) right off I75 (this is actually the closest to you. And then their is Bithlo in Orlando, if you take the turn pike this is right at 2 hours from you.

DO NOT got to Dade City, you have been warned.
Can you please break down this Dade City thing in elementary idiot terms for me?

So you are saying the owner of the track is calling the police trying to get riders arrested?

For what?

How the hell does that benefit him as a track owner to have his customers arrested?
MotoX85
11/22/2011 1:46pm
OK, I was told be a local shop in Tampa, Dave W. to not go to Dade city, owner has an ego trip and is in tight with the county on getting people arrested and therefore the county leaves him alone to hold races. I blew it off as a bigfoot sighting and since it was the closest track we went. 1st race went fine (for us) but did notice during the night that the owner had it out with one of the spectators, cops came, and the rest I ignored. Next to me in my pits a local racer said "that usually happens about 3 times a week" I said "what did you say" he then proceded to tell me the same thing about the owner and the county.

About a month later, we go to another race. My 7 yr old daughter rider a little eletric scooter (the only thing legal on the property) to the bathroom and the owner goes off on her, even calling a 7 yr old a bitch! actually "little bitch". Well you can imagine how well this went over with the 6' 3", 240lb 22 yr military veteran that happens to be a cop when not mobilized for the miltary, ......ME. I told him I wanted to speak to him in the roadway, he called the cops.

Cops came and gave me this run around about they were placing me under arrest for disorderly conduct, blah blah blah. Right before they put the cuffs on, I had had enough explaining on how I (my daughter) was the victim and I pulled out my badge. The Major there said "fuck" (no shit) and got in the car and left. The other cop, fresh out of the academy just stood there, I told him that "they were gonna get him hammered" and then he got in the car and drove off.

I then called 911 to have them send me either the deputies back or I wanted to speak with the state troopers to file a statement against the owner for threatening and "assualting" a 7 yr old female (this is important, opposite sex, under 13 makes you registered sex offender if you can prove the victim fealt threatened, since my daughter was seen screaming for daddy by no less than 50 people, I had this covered)

Well the depuuties came back and proceeded to tell me that I COULD NOT sign a statement, (which is illegal, whether you have a case or not, you can always sign a statement and it be forwarded to the states attorney, they refused because if I did and it did not make it to the SA, then the county could be charged for altering/getting rid of court documents. They didn't want the SA to see it, because I knew the law and he would have lost).

I finally left the seen with the intention of calling the state police, had kids in the car and the wife was griping, as always. Monday I recieved a call from (someone claiming to be) the Pasco County Sheriff. Apologizing for the deputies "gross ignorance of the law", however they were still not going to let me sign a statement.

I finally said "fuck it" and we never went back.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
11/23/2011 7:02am
OK, that it explains it a lot better. Sounds like the guy might just be on a huge ego trip and thinks that running a track gives him the right to be a douche bag.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
11/23/2011 7:16am
http://www.dirtyfootadventures.com/

This place had a track built by dream traxx literally last week. This weekend is opening weekend. I've been there for riding the trails (now closed till next year from noise complaints) and they were sweet. Good people track should be sweet.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
11/23/2011 7:16am
Oh they have a Facebook too. Just search for them. They have pics of the track there.
OldTiddler
11/23/2011 9:35am
mxrider225, if you go to Dirty Foot this weekend can you give an update on how the track is? Can't find many pictures of it on their site or FB.

Thanks
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
11/23/2011 10:19am
OldTiddler wrote:
mxrider225, if you go to Dirty Foot this weekend can you give an update on how the track is? Can't find many pictures of it on...
mxrider225, if you go to Dirty Foot this weekend can you give an update on how the track is? Can't find many pictures of it on their site or FB.

Thanks
11/23/2011 11:18am
Really sounds like Dade City has gone down hill! Back in the day we would hit that place up non stop...I haven't been there for 8 years or so though. I know Randy has always been a ticking time bomb and I have seen him rip riders off their bikes by their helmets so I guess it doesn't really surprise me.
Ing
11/23/2011 11:40am
I can reaffirm everything said about Dade City. Yoho is one loose cannon. Plus he's a pussy that can't take care of his own troubles. I've got in shouting matches with him several times over absolutely nothing. Just him being him. Why anyone would ride there is beyond me.
mtl
11/23/2011 1:38pm
Ing wrote:
I can reaffirm everything said about Dade City. Yoho is one loose cannon. Plus he's a pussy that can't take care of his own troubles. I've...
I can reaffirm everything said about Dade City. Yoho is one loose cannon. Plus he's a pussy that can't take care of his own troubles. I've got in shouting matches with him several times over absolutely nothing. Just him being him. Why anyone would ride there is beyond me.
If the dude is such a dick, why do so many people show up there to race the series the track has?
MotoX85
11/23/2011 4:26pm
Ing wrote:
I can reaffirm everything said about Dade City. Yoho is one loose cannon. Plus he's a pussy that can't take care of his own troubles. I've...
mtl wrote:
If the dude is such a dick, why do so many people show up there to race the series the track has?
This is a very good question. My guess would be why we went, very few places to ride in the area.
Ing
11/23/2011 5:30pm
Ing wrote:
mtl wrote:
It's like this. Either your in the "click" or your not. Lots of ass kissers out there.
11/23/2011 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2011 6:10pm
MotoX85 wrote:
OK, I was told be a local shop in Tampa, Dave W. to not go to Dade city, owner has an ego trip and is in...
OK, I was told be a local shop in Tampa, Dave W. to not go to Dade city, owner has an ego trip and is in tight with the county on getting people arrested and therefore the county leaves him alone to hold races. I blew it off as a bigfoot sighting and since it was the closest track we went. 1st race went fine (for us) but did notice during the night that the owner had it out with one of the spectators, cops came, and the rest I ignored. Next to me in my pits a local racer said "that usually happens about 3 times a week" I said "what did you say" he then proceded to tell me the same thing about the owner and the county.

About a month later, we go to another race. My 7 yr old daughter rider a little eletric scooter (the only thing legal on the property) to the bathroom and the owner goes off on her, even calling a 7 yr old a bitch! actually "little bitch". Well you can imagine how well this went over with the 6' 3", 240lb 22 yr military veteran that happens to be a cop when not mobilized for the miltary, ......ME. I told him I wanted to speak to him in the roadway, he called the cops.

Cops came and gave me this run around about they were placing me under arrest for disorderly conduct, blah blah blah. Right before they put the cuffs on, I had had enough explaining on how I (my daughter) was the victim and I pulled out my badge. The Major there said "fuck" (no shit) and got in the car and left. The other cop, fresh out of the academy just stood there, I told him that "they were gonna get him hammered" and then he got in the car and drove off.

I then called 911 to have them send me either the deputies back or I wanted to speak with the state troopers to file a statement against the owner for threatening and "assualting" a 7 yr old female (this is important, opposite sex, under 13 makes you registered sex offender if you can prove the victim fealt threatened, since my daughter was seen screaming for daddy by no less than 50 people, I had this covered)

Well the depuuties came back and proceeded to tell me that I COULD NOT sign a statement, (which is illegal, whether you have a case or not, you can always sign a statement and it be forwarded to the states attorney, they refused because if I did and it did not make it to the SA, then the county could be charged for altering/getting rid of court documents. They didn't want the SA to see it, because I knew the law and he would have lost).

I finally left the seen with the intention of calling the state police, had kids in the car and the wife was griping, as always. Monday I recieved a call from (someone claiming to be) the Pasco County Sheriff. Apologizing for the deputies "gross ignorance of the law", however they were still not going to let me sign a statement.

I finally said "fuck it" and we never went back.
I am going to call BS on this, especially considering I work for the PSO and DCMX is in my district. Also, I dont know about your agency, but ours REQUIRES us to identify ourselves as a LEO, anytime we interact with another officer and you probably should have identified yourself, as soon as they arrived. What is your name and do you happen to have the names of the officers who did this, their supervisors name, or the person who called you later. All of our call histories are recorded, even if they are unfounded, and unless the person called you from a cell phone, the call you recieved was even most likely recorded as public record. I would love to look up the "details" to this.

Can Randy be a d!ck at times, sure, but its his track and runs it as he see's fit. I have been thrown out of that place more times than I can remember, but always for something that I brought upon myself. Play by his rules, and things go smooth, cause a problem, and he will put a boot in your ass.
doublezero
11/24/2011 2:45am
kaboom645 wrote:
I am going to call BS on this, especially considering I work for the PSO and DCMX is in my district. Also, I dont know about...
I am going to call BS on this, especially considering I work for the PSO and DCMX is in my district. Also, I dont know about your agency, but ours REQUIRES us to identify ourselves as a LEO, anytime we interact with another officer and you probably should have identified yourself, as soon as they arrived. What is your name and do you happen to have the names of the officers who did this, their supervisors name, or the person who called you later. All of our call histories are recorded, even if they are unfounded, and unless the person called you from a cell phone, the call you recieved was even most likely recorded as public record. I would love to look up the "details" to this.

Can Randy be a d!ck at times, sure, but its his track and runs it as he see's fit. I have been thrown out of that place more times than I can remember, but always for something that I brought upon myself. Play by his rules, and things go smooth, cause a problem, and he will put a boot in your ass.
Exactly. Randy does a lot for the riders, and I mean A LOT. Dade City is probably the most successful track in florida.
yz763
11/24/2011 8:43am
kaboom645 wrote:
I am going to call BS on this, especially considering I work for the PSO and DCMX is in my district. Also, I dont know about...

x3! Randy is a good dude that runs a great program. I have never been kicked out because I simply didn't do anything that necessitated me to get kicked out. I've heard stories about Randy but I also take into consideration the integrity of the person telling me the story.
11/24/2011 9:18am
Randy is definitely a good guy...he just has a pretty wicked temper. Anyone who has spent time with him knows that. However, I do know for a solid fact that any rider who is lucky enough to work with Randy will progress leaps and bounds! I also remember Yoho taking in a kid when his parents disappeared. Hot tempered for sure but a huge heart as well.
Jakes Dad
11/24/2011 1:40pm
Wil turned out to be a good kid and damn good rider.

Can't knock Randy for putting on a good show and providing for the riders. My son personally likes to ride much more technical bigger tracks.

Post a reply to: MX near Tampa??

The Latest