...MX is such a mental game

jonesaustin
Edited Date/Time 7/26/2014 2:15pm
this is conjecture, but it's so wild how things seem different in Moto 1 in WA, after Tomac destroyed the field last weekend. did Tomac's success embarrass Dungey? by no means! it embarrassed Roczen. i mean, here's the guy who used to beat Roczen, so last weekend really spoiled the 94 party. Dungey knew it. so 5's confidence was way up, the opportunistic spirit, while Roczen's dealing with Tomac invading his dominance.

none of this involves bike set up or physical health, it's all in the mind. no sport i know of can come close, except maybe boxing (let's not even bring up that UFC stuff.. please)
|
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
7/26/2014 2:04pm
Yeah it definitely seems that way. I think Roczen's been a little off now that Tomac's back. I can't help but wonder if Tomac being back has messed with Roczen's confidence a little. Doesn't look like Roczen lines up to the gate feeling like the man anymore. And I think that's a big factor in guys being able to win.

For this race though, Dungey usually kills it here. Seemed like he denied Villopoto from getting his home-state win here for years and years, in both 250 and 450 class.

Hank_Thrill
7/26/2014 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2014 2:18pm
100% agree, it is no doubt about it. People always talk about how physically demanding motocross is, but it is just as psychologically demanding. Great point on Tomac changing the dynamics between Roczen and Dungey. Two of my passions are counseling/psychology and motocross so I absolutely love topics and thoughts along these lines.

Post a reply to: ...MX is such a mental game

The Latest