MX fans vs NFL fans...

Excaliburbmx
2/2/2016 12:53pm
Who gives a crap. I go to events for me and my family's benifit I could care less who posing riding not riding etc etc. I guess that's what happens when you break 40 years old. What others eat don't make me do what a bear does in the woods.
hvaughn88
2/2/2016 12:57pm
RMT wrote:
I wouldn't compare the most popular sport in the USA with a sport that probably less than 10% of population even know exits. The money behind...
I wouldn't compare the most popular sport in the USA with a sport that probably less than 10% of population even know exits. The money behind NFL football drives the narrative and behavior. MX is a niche sport and is treated as such. Think of that garage band that you knew about and nobody else did. They have a core audience that will travel around city to city to see them play. Then the day they hit it big and teenyboppers around the globe get turned on to them, you no longer like them as much. You want to keep it to yourself and feel cool that you know what nobody else does. MX can be the same way.

10%? Don't flatter yourselfTongue
Big Lenny
2/2/2016 1:00pm
MX fans can't do what Football fans do, I think it's ok to wear a jersey to an event as long as the cutoff point is 10 years old..... For a Football fan there is no cutoff age...
TeamGreen
2/2/2016 1:05pm
Big Lenny wrote:
MX fans can't do what Football fans do, I think it's ok to wear a jersey to an event as long as the cutoff point is...
MX fans can't do what Football fans do, I think it's ok to wear a jersey to an event as long as the cutoff point is 10 years old..... For a Football fan there is no cutoff age...
Pfffft...

How would you know?

Do you even lift, bro?

I say that if you make your 10 year-old wear a Honda jersey, that's child abuse!

Are you new, bro?

Pffft...

Probably don't even ride, bro!

Probably don't even have cool stickers on yer shit, dude.

Pffft...

The Shop

peelout
2/2/2016 1:19pm
bh84 wrote:
Most MX fans ride, most football fans don't play. We look at our jerseys as part of our equipment, football fans wear them as a monument...
Most MX fans ride, most football fans don't play.

We look at our jerseys as part of our equipment, football fans wear them as a monument to their favourite player.
Wandell wrote:
I agree. But to give credit to my fellow NFL fans, a lot of football fans are former players, cheerleaders, etc. at least at some level.
TeamGreen wrote:
"Most" were players or the like...? If that's true, why are soooooooo many NFL fans clueless on the issue of Deflate-Gate? Those of us that have...
"Most" were players or the like...?

If that's true, why are soooooooo many NFL fans clueless on the issue of Deflate-Gate?

Those of us that have thrown the ball (Especially those with smaller hands) know that the balls pressure is critical to how well you can "grip it and rip it". Likewise, a receiver or runner will tell you that pressure affects your ability to hold on to the ball, too.
deflate-gate?

is that the same as Wonderbra-gate?
huck
2/2/2016 1:24pm
peelout wrote:
deflate-gate?

is that the same as Wonderbra-gate?
Yes, but not near as controversial as 'laser-gate'
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
2/2/2016 2:15pm
disbanded wrote:
That's exactly why I run the number 1369
Not because its the 99 CR250 Keihin needle that makes KTM 200's run sweet?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
2/2/2016 2:18pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2016 2:22pm
RMT wrote:
I wouldn't compare the most popular sport in the USA with a sport that probably less than 10% of population even know exits. The money behind...
I wouldn't compare the most popular sport in the USA with a sport that probably less than 10% of population even know exits. The money behind NFL football drives the narrative and behavior. MX is a niche sport and is treated as such. Think of that garage band that you knew about and nobody else did. They have a core audience that will travel around city to city to see them play. Then the day they hit it big and teenyboppers around the globe get turned on to them, you no longer like them as much. You want to keep it to yourself and feel cool that you know what nobody else does. MX can be the same way.

So, mx'er's caught up in what other people wear are pretentious hipsters. Okay. I knew they had the smallest of small-mindedness, but this explains it more.

I bet the number of people who wore a jersey to a SX and didn't ride some could be counted on two hands.
ThePipe
2/2/2016 2:34pm
Because Mainstream sports are for Dipshits
TeamGreen
2/2/2016 2:35pm
RMT wrote:

So, mx'er's caught up in what other people wear are pretentious hipsters. Okay. I knew they had the smallest of small-mindedness, but this explains it more...
So, mx'er's caught up in what other people wear are pretentious hipsters. Okay. I knew they had the smallest of small-mindedness, but this explains it more.

I bet the number of people who wore a jersey to a SX and didn't ride some could be counted on two hands.
Another thing...

I've never had Feld or MXSports ask me to pay Tens of Thousands of dollars per seat for a "License"...to buy season tickets at a new stadium that the tax payers paid for...(The 9ers New Stadium...LAME gouging of the fans). Note: they -also- charge PUBLIC SCHOOLS to tour the stadium and on-site museum. The 9ers organization SUCKS.

I've never had to sit and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait..."between plays" at a SX or MX...for the lame ass tv commercials that you wait for after a kick or change of possession...etc.

The NFL may be some folks idea of awesome. Been there, done that, tickets for 2 teams: I don't go. The NFL is a business. It's no longer about "sport". It's about ringing the maximum dollars out of you, the fan. I keep my tix for family members in the Bay and in Seattle that are football fanatics...or I do like the Teams, make money on my tix...'cause, I'm -OVER IT-.

Then there's...The players? Well, there are some good ones and some truly bad ones...the so called not so good "Roll Models"? Bwahahahahahaa

What's the Business Term for an NFL Team?
It's a "Franchise".

No thanks.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
2/2/2016 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2016 2:47pm
I'm pretty sure we can all agree yer a dork if you wear your Leatt to spectate a SX, but it's a free country.

2/2/2016 2:49pm
If it got money in the riders pockets I'd swallow my moto pride and look like a dousche. Not sure I'd tuck my Fox jersey in though, just sayin. Can't be tucked into jeans. No.
TeamGreen
2/2/2016 3:00pm
I'm pretty sure we can all agree yer a dork if you wear your Leatt to spectate a SX, but it's a free country.

I'd be inclined to wear all my safety gear to some of the after parties...especially ATL.

But, that's jus' me.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
2/2/2016 3:31pm
A Raiders shirt looks sweet when you're out and about....a race jersey looks weird with jeans.
Big Lenny
2/2/2016 4:16pm
Big Lenny wrote:
MX fans can't do what Football fans do, I think it's ok to wear a jersey to an event as long as the cutoff point is...
TeamGreen wrote:
Pfffft... How would you know? Do you even lift, bro? I say that if you make your 10 year-old wear a Honda jersey, that's child abuse...
Pfffft...

How would you know?

Do you even lift, bro?

I say that if you make your 10 year-old wear a Honda jersey, that's child abuse!

Are you new, bro?

Pffft...

Pffft...

Mommy!!...Shocked
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
2/2/2016 4:29pm
Not because its the 99 CR250 Keihin needle that makes KTM 200's run sweet?
Well, that's obviously where I got the number from originally.
TeamGreen
2/2/2016 5:03pm
Big Lenny wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Pfffft... How would you know? Do you even lift, bro? I say that if you make your 10 year-old wear a Honda jersey, that's child abuse...
Pfffft...

How would you know?

Do you even lift, bro?

Are you new, bro?

Pffft...

Pffft...

Big Lenny wrote:
Mommy!!...Shocked
I apologize.

I can get quite abusive when the keg starts running low.
Wildeye511
2/2/2016 5:33pm
I was at Sapphires a couple months ago and some dude was in there with a broken arm wearing a Josh Grant No Fear jersey. Was hoping to snap a pic, but they get mad when you try and take pics in strip clubs.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2520th
2/2/2016 8:56pm
A stick/ball game is played by two teams, one of which is likely the home team. Wearing the team colors gives the effect that the entire stadium only cares if one team wins and it let's the people in the crowd feel as if they are participating in the event.

Post a reply to: MX fans vs NFL fans...

The Latest