MX Simulator

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
Edited Date/Time 9/22/2015 6:53am
Anyone play it? So hard to play but when you get good it's the best game ever. Crazy how everything matters...bike settings and all
|
bondsmx
9/18/2015 11:43am
Been playing for a few years now. Really is incredible once you get over the unbelievably steep learning curve. But once you are past it, there really isn't anything even remotely close to it.
bondsmx
9/18/2015 11:51am
On a side note, in the mxgp2 thread someone said mxs looks like a "horrible ps1" game or something. I would just like to point out I thought the same thing, but once you download the correct bike models/skins/rider skins/ object packs, the game looks really good.

There isn't really another game out there that does full replica series, sx and Mx, off season and over seas races as well. Pro and Am classes, full teams and everything. It's pretty cool.

I earned my first top 100 national number in game this year, it's like 93. Haha

Not quite as cool as my real national numbers, but something to works towards now that I'm old and retired in real life.
dboivin
9/18/2015 11:56am
bondsmx wrote:
On a side note, in the mxgp2 thread someone said mxs looks like a "horrible ps1" game or something. I would just like to point out...
On a side note, in the mxgp2 thread someone said mxs looks like a "horrible ps1" game or something. I would just like to point out I thought the same thing, but once you download the correct bike models/skins/rider skins/ object packs, the game looks really good.

There isn't really another game out there that does full replica series, sx and Mx, off season and over seas races as well. Pro and Am classes, full teams and everything. It's pretty cool.

I earned my first top 100 national number in game this year, it's like 93. Haha

Not quite as cool as my real national numbers, but something to works towards now that I'm old and retired in real life.
agree. and yeah i been playing for a few years. remember when you first started bobby, amazing how long it took us to do consistent laps back a few years ago....to today...qualifying for the pro races. I don't play much anymore...just pub in 03 once in while...usually during the active seasons (sx/mx).

The Shop

dboivin
9/18/2015 12:03pm
biggest advantage of mxs in my opinion is up to date track release by the users. factual gps correct tracks...right down to the rut choices.

https://youtu.be/3OQ8KRjqe7Q
Dx3moto
9/18/2015 12:07pm
The replicated series of the real life SX series is what drew me to racing, here's a lap of Phoenix from this year. The game is way too sick once you get the hang of it.

https://youtu.be/0AdenIIvy6k
KTMShane699
9/18/2015 12:33pm
I'd love to try it. Last I looked they don't support Mac though, so I haven't had the chance. It's too bad. If they did, I'd get it.

Shane
Kawasaki572
9/18/2015 12:56pm
Yes. I started playing about 4-5 years ago. I still play, but not much because my PC is starting to suck. I did get top 5 in one of the 250 mains, but that was a while back (i think 2012).
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
9/18/2015 1:18pm
Hmm I might have to give this game another shot. Where is the community at? Is MCM Factory still around?
tprice07
9/18/2015 1:33pm
I have tried this game so many times and just can't get into it. If I could I would be more than happy to do some modeling or skins for it. That plus I really can't handle the MIDI sounding bikes. Watching the videos it looks to be really fun but I always find myself cursing it.

That said, it is amazing what has been done with this game without millions of dollars going into it. For now, I'll stick with Reflex.
Charper732
9/18/2015 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2015 1:35pm
The community is on the mx sim forums...
I've been playing for almost 3 years now and i am still no where near the speed of the pros. Everytime i get a decent setup something happens and i lose it... Hell ive only ever made it to one night show in the SX series. I qualy like mid pack in AM races though
Dx3moto
9/18/2015 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2015 2:17pm
731chopper wrote:
Hmm I might have to give this game another shot. Where is the community at? Is MCM Factory still around?
I wouldn't go to MCM Factory, Chopper. I went on it a few days ago to check out old tracks and that night I did my daily virus scan and had about 400 viruses... yeah.. I wouldn't go on that website Laughing The website to go to is forum.mxsimulator.com
9/18/2015 2:24pm
731chopper wrote:
Like others stated most things are on the mxs forum itself. But it can be a strugle to dig through it and find stuff.
I really loved this website http://www.tmfactory-racing.com/
They put the skins / tracks etc in nice lists with links.

Also for online racing there is 3 nice community websites that host allot of races (ranging from pro full blown series to random amateur events)

http://mxsemf.com/

http://www.racefactorygaming.com/

http://mxslobby.com/
bob567
9/18/2015 2:48pm
When I was layed up 3 years ago with wrist/femur this service was great. I had 24/7 to figure out how to download this, unzip that, where shit saved, load, install, etc. Fast forward 3yrs and unless its a single download/CD I purchase and play I have zero interest in that shit. MXGP first person perspective does it for me.
uk125250
9/18/2015 2:53pm
I guess there's one person faster in real life than on a video game. Silly
bob567
9/18/2015 3:25pm
uk125250 wrote:
I guess there's one person faster in real life than on a video game. :silly:
Shit most of the mxsim crowd does not even ride. They may have once or wish they could but are more computer geeks than racers.
bdownen323
9/18/2015 3:46pm
I have had it since 2010 and I've been hooked once I got the hang of it. The raceFactory races are the closest things to real racing that I have seen, and I was fortunate enough to win last year's supercross championship. I'm also currently working on a loose "replica" event for something that goes down in real life on October 17... Should be a fun time!

Side note: There are some computer geeks in MXS, but a lot of people in the game are actually racers, at least in the crowd I hang around with.

And instead of the "here's a helmet cam because it's pretty realistic" video, this is the side of MXS that I enjoy a lot as well: the crazy shenanigans. ***Warning: Explicit DMX lyrics***
9/18/2015 5:40pm
uk125250 wrote:
You might be surprised by some of the people that play this game. A lot of fast people in real life. One of which even won a real outdoor national overall this summer.
Charper732
9/18/2015 6:18pm
uk125250 wrote:
bob567 wrote:
Shit most of the mxsim crowd does not even ride. They may have once or wish they could but are more computer geeks than racers.
I don't see how that could possibly be true. I've tried to get a LOT of people to play mx sim and EVERYONE that doesn't ride IRL hated it, said it looked like garbage and just didn't like it overall...

...hell I don't know anyone that likes the game that doesn't ride irl
9/18/2015 6:33pm
I think its a joke that jlv who created mx sim hasnt done hardly anything in 8 years to the game graphics are awful and its up to the general public to sort it out for him. He makes the money and just sits back and watches. For anyone says yes but hes a one man band etc i have seen one man bands turn their first release into something amazing by spending a bit of money on a graphic designer
Kawasaki572
9/18/2015 6:38pm
Sweendoggy wrote:
MXS is lame. Especially raceFactory.
Yeah, those guys form RaceFactory are Douches. Particularly that one guy Sweeney, what a loser. If i ever see him on Mx sim, I'll be sure to put him in the cheap seats.
Dx3moto
9/18/2015 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2015 6:42pm
Sweendoggy wrote:
MXS is lame. Especially raceFactory.
I miss you Adam :-*
EV901
9/18/2015 10:01pm
I think its a joke that jlv who created mx sim hasnt done hardly anything in 8 years to the game graphics are awful and its...
I think its a joke that jlv who created mx sim hasnt done hardly anything in 8 years to the game graphics are awful and its up to the general public to sort it out for him. He makes the money and just sits back and watches. For anyone says yes but hes a one man band etc i have seen one man bands turn their first release into something amazing by spending a bit of money on a graphic designer
It's a fucking SIMULATOR not a show off contest about grapichs. I just recently bought a new computer just to play the game more smoothly without giving a single damn about being able to put my grapchis higher and make the game look sick as hell. Who said that game creator HAS TO do every bit of the developing, meaning skins, models, tracks, etc. He doesn't, some people purely enjoy creating stuff for the community (altho this has changed a lot recently) and help out the awesome man that JLV is.

Sit back and relax? You saying that gives it away that you have absolutely no idea what is going on within the game and especialy what JLV is doing with the game. Guy gives us regular snapshots with improvements and actualy listents to the community what they think and what they want.

I have personaly played little bit over 4 years and to this day I love the game even more than when I got the hang of it. When you find all the right settings and just have fun with it for a while, then the speed comes, not when you bust you'r ass off try getting faster laps on race tracks. Just go have some fun, do flips, enjoy it with friends and once you get the comfort, that's when it's on. I only have 1 game in my computer and that's Mx Simulator.
Zracer
9/18/2015 11:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2015 11:18pm
EV901 wrote:
It's a fucking SIMULATOR not a show off contest about grapichs. I just recently bought a new computer just to play the game more smoothly without...
It's a fucking SIMULATOR not a show off contest about grapichs. I just recently bought a new computer just to play the game more smoothly without giving a single damn about being able to put my grapchis higher and make the game look sick as hell. Who said that game creator HAS TO do every bit of the developing, meaning skins, models, tracks, etc. He doesn't, some people purely enjoy creating stuff for the community (altho this has changed a lot recently) and help out the awesome man that JLV is.

Sit back and relax? You saying that gives it away that you have absolutely no idea what is going on within the game and especialy what JLV is doing with the game. Guy gives us regular snapshots with improvements and actualy listents to the community what they think and what they want.

I have personaly played little bit over 4 years and to this day I love the game even more than when I got the hang of it. When you find all the right settings and just have fun with it for a while, then the speed comes, not when you bust you'r ass off try getting faster laps on race tracks. Just go have some fun, do flips, enjoy it with friends and once you get the comfort, that's when it's on. I only have 1 game in my computer and that's Mx Simulator.
Its not a very good simulator. The cornering physics are shit, which is why they build 3 foot high ruts everywhere. The collision physics are shit,causing the bikes and riders to do crazy crap from the smallest bump. You can tune out the bike to the point a unicycle is more stable. The way the game deals with rider weight and movement is hysterical.It has the worst bike sounds since Excitebike.... nah Excitebike was better. You have to play in 1st person , otherwise you see just how laughable the game is. It has decent jump physics and alot of content. It also has a tiny but crazed fanbase.
EV901
9/18/2015 11:26pm
EV901 wrote:
It's a fucking SIMULATOR not a show off contest about grapichs. I just recently bought a new computer just to play the game more smoothly without...

Zracer wrote:
Its not a very good simulator. The cornering physics are shit, which is why they build 3 foot high ruts everywhere. The collision physics are shit,causing...
Its not a very good simulator. The cornering physics are shit, which is why they build 3 foot high ruts everywhere. The collision physics are shit,causing the bikes and riders to do crazy crap from the smallest bump. You can tune out the bike to the point a unicycle is more stable. The way the game deals with rider weight and movement is hysterical.It has the worst bike sounds since Excitebike.... nah Excitebike was better. You have to play in 1st person , otherwise you see just how laughable the game is. It has decent jump physics and alot of content. It also has a tiny but crazed fanbase.
You obiously don't know how to setup for the corner, let's not talk about riding it. 3 foot high ruts? Seems like you haven't ridden a national track.

Collisions are something that need more work, but it's been getting better and better. If you say that rider and bike swap out on small bumps, that's you'r problem and no one elses.

You can make it loose, you don't have to. Weight I can agree is another problem. Sound can always be improve, but I have not yet to see a mx game with good sounds, if you wanna point to MXGP, then thats even more horrible.

Don't know where you wanna get with the 1st and 3rd person thing, I don't see anything laughable in 3rd person, only that it has view edge on racing compared to 1st person, but is harder to race on.

I have not yet to see a game that has controlled fanbase, that's just not going to happen.

Hate when people come up with shit when they are not even looked deep into the game, just make up shit from playing it for 5 mintues. Also don't know with what are you comparing the game with these statements.
Dx3moto
9/19/2015 12:47am
Please don't talk shit about the game if you have absolutely no experience playing the game.

Here's another video from outdoors.
https://youtu.be/jWNZYgqVWCY
Zracer
9/19/2015 2:26am
EV901 wrote:
You obiously don't know how to setup for the corner, let's not talk about riding it. 3 foot high ruts? Seems like you haven't ridden a...
You obiously don't know how to setup for the corner, let's not talk about riding it. 3 foot high ruts? Seems like you haven't ridden a national track.

Collisions are something that need more work, but it's been getting better and better. If you say that rider and bike swap out on small bumps, that's you'r problem and no one elses.

You can make it loose, you don't have to. Weight I can agree is another problem. Sound can always be improve, but I have not yet to see a mx game with good sounds, if you wanna point to MXGP, then thats even more horrible.

Don't know where you wanna get with the 1st and 3rd person thing, I don't see anything laughable in 3rd person, only that it has view edge on racing compared to 1st person, but is harder to race on.

I have not yet to see a game that has controlled fanbase, that's just not going to happen.

Hate when people come up with shit when they are not even looked deep into the game, just make up shit from playing it for 5 mintues. Also don't know with what are you comparing the game with these statements.
So I just made shit up after playing it for 5 minutes.... even though you agreed with 3 of my 5 points. Yeah , you`re a dumbass.
EV901
9/19/2015 5:07am
EV901 wrote:
You obiously don't know how to setup for the corner, let's not talk about riding it. 3 foot high ruts? Seems like you haven't ridden a...

Zracer wrote:
So I just made shit up after playing it for 5 minutes.... even though you agreed with 3 of my 5 points. Yeah , you`re a...
So I just made shit up after playing it for 5 minutes.... even though you agreed with 3 of my 5 points. Yeah , you`re a dumbass.
Collisions and weight, sound is problem in every game, so 2 points. But the way you described them and the other 2 points made it clear that you have no idea what this game is like, yet you call out guy who has been playing for about 4 years... Americans
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
9/19/2015 5:32am
EV901 wrote:
Collisions and weight, sound is problem in every game, so 2 points. But the way you described them and the other 2 points made it clear...
Collisions and weight, sound is problem in every game, so 2 points. But the way you described them and the other 2 points made it clear that you have no idea what this game is like, yet you call out guy who has been playing for about 4 years... Americans
So then you call out ALL Americans? ?
GTFO

Post a reply to: MX Simulator

The Latest