MX Series near SC/NC border

PanellaMX
Edited Date/Time 12/5/2017 6:22am
I found a few race series that revolve around the border of SC/NC. I am trying to find some racers that have done some of the series to get their recommendations on them. So far I have come up with the different series listed below. If you have done any of these or others could you provide some details on your experience. This will be my first season racing and will start out in the 450D class. I've been all over social media, websites, etc but nothing really showing people's opinions on the series. Thanks for your time.

1. Big Oak MX: Dirty Dozen series
2. Victory Sports Ultra series
3. Carolina Beat the Heat series
4. East Bend Carolina MX series
|
TJMX947
12/1/2017 7:56pm
As a beginner rider I would recommend that you just race as much as you can and not concern yourself with the series.

The ultra series is very spread out and will be more expensive and require more time given the travel. Youll see a wide range of tracks in this series.

The dirty dozen is a good series and runs at three good tracks that are fairly safe.

Beat the heat is held at Motivated Sports, on the night track. It's your standard night track race...tight and short lap times.

East Bend puts on a great series. The track is super safe but it is your standard night race as well (and it gets a little slick after the sun goes down). The owner gives a lot back to the riders and they have a huge turnout.

My best advice is to run your first few races at East Bend to get comfortable then branch out. Ultimately you want to ride all types of surfaces and go to different tracks to race different riders. Just take it slow and keep it fun. My first season was in 2003 and it was by far the most fun.
PanellaMX
12/1/2017 8:13pm
TJMX947 wrote:
As a beginner rider I would recommend that you just race as much as you can and not concern yourself with the series. The ultra series...
As a beginner rider I would recommend that you just race as much as you can and not concern yourself with the series.

The ultra series is very spread out and will be more expensive and require more time given the travel. Youll see a wide range of tracks in this series.

The dirty dozen is a good series and runs at three good tracks that are fairly safe.

Beat the heat is held at Motivated Sports, on the night track. It's your standard night track race...tight and short lap times.

East Bend puts on a great series. The track is super safe but it is your standard night race as well (and it gets a little slick after the sun goes down). The owner gives a lot back to the riders and they have a huge turnout.

My best advice is to run your first few races at East Bend to get comfortable then branch out. Ultimately you want to ride all types of surfaces and go to different tracks to race different riders. Just take it slow and keep it fun. My first season was in 2003 and it was by far the most fun.
Awesome. I appreciate the advice. As I searched further and further into getting started with racing I sort of became overwhelmed with the amount of choices we have here but lack of information about the choices.
EB51
12/1/2017 8:27pm
I will second what PanellaMX says. East Bend is a great track that runs a top notch show with a great turnout. The track is very beginner friendly and that is a good thing for older less experienced guys .... like myself Smile
PanellaMX
12/2/2017 12:06pm
EB51 wrote:
I will second what PanellaMX says. East Bend is a great track that runs a top notch show with a great turnout. The track is very...
I will second what PanellaMX says. East Bend is a great track that runs a top notch show with a great turnout. The track is very beginner friendly and that is a good thing for older less experienced guys .... like myself Smile
Sounds like I will be going to East Bend then Woohoo . I appreciate y'alls input. What class(es) do you normally run in when you are out there?

The Shop

Save MX!
12/2/2017 3:54pm
Hey good luck out there it’s always good to hear about new racers. Give an update of how you do.
PanellaMX
12/2/2017 5:00pm
Save MX! wrote:
Hey good luck out there it’s always good to hear about new racers. Give an update of how you do.
Will do!
lumpy790
12/2/2017 6:55pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2017 7:00pm
TNT was 1 exit south of you but the lady that owned and operated it passed away. I am just north of you in York west of Rock Hill you know where the cheap gas is!

If you look on a map rt5 goes from 77 to 85 and the track Iron City is right by there next to 85. Its hard to figure out when its running but it is a fun track. The track Kathys Creek is who runs it and supposedly they post the the Kathys Creek web site when it is happening. This year both tracks were part of a series.
EB51
12/2/2017 8:35pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2017 8:36pm
EB51 wrote:
I will second what PanellaMX says. East Bend is a great track that runs a top notch show with a great turnout. The track is very...
PanellaMX wrote:
Sounds like I will be going to East Bend then :woohoo: . I appreciate y'alls input. What class(es) do you normally run in when you are...
Sounds like I will be going to East Bend then Woohoo . I appreciate y'alls input. What class(es) do you normally run in when you are out there?
I have not raced there in a year or two. I still go to the practice days a few times a year to get my moto fix but found out real quick that an out of shape beginner in his late 30s had no business actually lining up and racing the 250D class against a bunch of fearless teens with some thing to prove! Dont get me wrong it was tons of fun, but I was gonna end up getting myself hurt. I race the Mideast Harescramble Series now. I grew up trail riding and am just more at home in the woods than on a moto track, but I still enjoy the practice days at East Bend and 421MX. If you are into harescramble / GNCC type racing the Mideast Series is awesome and most of those races would be a short drive for you. Good luck!!!
PanellaMX
12/2/2017 10:53pm
lumpy790 wrote:
TNT was 1 exit south of you but the lady that owned and operated it passed away. I am just north of you in York west...
TNT was 1 exit south of you but the lady that owned and operated it passed away. I am just north of you in York west of Rock Hill you know where the cheap gas is!

If you look on a map rt5 goes from 77 to 85 and the track Iron City is right by there next to 85. Its hard to figure out when its running but it is a fun track. The track Kathys Creek is who runs it and supposedly they post the the Kathys Creek web site when it is happening. This year both tracks were part of a series.
Yea, I loved TNT and Barbara. I believe I'll have to check out Cathy's Creek and Iron City too.
PanellaMX
12/2/2017 10:56pm
EB51 wrote:
PanellaMX wrote:
Sounds like I will be going to East Bend then :woohoo: . I appreciate y'alls input. What class(es) do you normally run in when you are...
EB51 wrote:
I have not raced there in a year or two. I still go to the practice days a few times a year to get my moto...
I have not raced there in a year or two. I still go to the practice days a few times a year to get my moto fix but found out real quick that an out of shape beginner in his late 30s had no business actually lining up and racing the 250D class against a bunch of fearless teens with some thing to prove! Dont get me wrong it was tons of fun, but I was gonna end up getting myself hurt. I race the Mideast Harescramble Series now. I grew up trail riding and am just more at home in the woods than on a moto track, but I still enjoy the practice days at East Bend and 421MX. If you are into harescramble / GNCC type racing the Mideast Series is awesome and most of those races would be a short drive for you. Good luck!!!
lol Hmmm. I haven't put much thought into running a GNCC type of race. I'll have to dig deeper on it. Thanks.
lumpy790
12/3/2017 6:28am
Just about your back yard but A year ago I gave Carolina Adventure World a try after not going there for 5 years and again was not pleased with what the UTV/ATV have done to the place.
12/3/2017 7:23am
Does anyone have any clue WTF is going on at Moto-Vated?? This FB post from the other day is really, really, really interesting....

PanellaMX
12/3/2017 8:36am
lumpy790 wrote:
Just about your back yard but A year ago I gave Carolina Adventure World a try after not going there for 5 years and again was...
Just about your back yard but A year ago I gave Carolina Adventure World a try after not going there for 5 years and again was not pleased with what the UTV/ATV have done to the place.
I went there once and wish I had my money back from the entry fee Pinch
TJMX947
12/3/2017 3:31pm
EB51 wrote:
PanellaMX wrote:
I usually race a +25 or +30 amateur classes. A couple of years ago I ran 450C at zoo city and I got 4th out of 5 and didn't get killed so I consider it a win.
12/4/2017 2:16pm
[b]Does anyone have any clue WTF is going on at Moto-Vated?? [/b] This FB post from the other day is really, really, really interesting.... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/03/229137/s1200_motovated.jpg[/img]
Does anyone have any clue WTF is going on at Moto-Vated?? This FB post from the other day is really, really, really interesting....

Insider info, anyone??? Dying to know... some bold statements in that post...
TJMX947
12/5/2017 5:25am
Blake I was wondering the same thing. I can't imagine how that place could get any better or bigger?
12/5/2017 6:22am
TJMX947 wrote:
Blake I was wondering the same thing. I can't imagine how that place could get any better or bigger?
Like I said, some BOLD statements were made in their post. Almost like they're trying to compete with ClubMX (or perhaps exist in tandem with them - like making SC a premier state for the sport overall, a la Florida lately), but maybe offer more than just MX facilities, like a focus on woods/endurocross training in addition to more styles of MX/SX/AX tracks for both pro level and weekend warrior skill sets. I dunno, pure speculation. I'm dying to know more though...

Post a reply to: MX Series near SC/NC border

The Latest