4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

MX SPORTS

adub274

C100

11/28/2012 11:58 AM

Congratulations you have officially killed women's Mx . 3 rounds ?? What happened to incorporating Mammoth and Loretta's into the WMX Pro schedule. Do you think any Girls can even get sponsors for a 3 race series ? Get a skid plate and race endurocross or WORCS because MX doesn't want you . I know most of you don't like WMX but they do bring money into the industry . Plenty of fathers buy their daughters bikes , gear and all that goes with it so they can try to be like Ashley , Tara , JP , Balbi , Creson , Whitmore , Price , Pearson . This will take money away from the industry and encourage Fathers to get their daughters into different sports . The Loretta #'s and local #'s have been growing ever since the Women went mainstream . Now they will dwindle to nothing . It might take a couple years but they have nothing to aspire to now . Even round 3 at Southwick will be the same weekend as Mammoth so they can't experience Mammoth as a pro .

DC

C100_97502000_1269531652

11/28/2012 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2012 12:15 PM

Sorry, adub274, I was the one who came up with the idea of incorporating the big amateur events like Mammoth and Loretta Lynn's and Ponca into a series and the vast majority of WMX girls I spoke to and exchanged emails with did not want to go that route as part of a series... We can't go back to two-day programs, and the girls did not want to race on Sundays either, which is all understandable.

But we are expanding the live TV package for the 450 and 250 classes and that severely limits the amount of time in the day for a quality set of motos at the other rounds for WMX, let alone all of the time needed for track maintenance, sighting laps, podiums, moving equipment and people around, etc.

I searched for better ideas, offered some of my own, looked for sponsors and I came up short. If you have a better idea, please let me know: DC@mxsports.com

DC
MX Sports

newmann

C100_614585238_1207253287

11/28/2012 12:15 PM

6 rounds WMA National Championship
6 rounds 125cc National Championship

I always thought that sounded pretty good.

newmann

C100_614585238_1207253287

11/28/2012 12:17 PM

And you had a holeshot award sponsor for the 125's DC!

NeWskoolmxer

C100_44537_windham_1999_wallpaper

11/28/2012 12:23 PM

Kitchens everywhere rejoice.

" To hell with them. When history is written they will be the sons of bitches - not I. "
Harry S. Truman

adub274

C100

11/28/2012 12:23 PM

DC wrote: Sorry, adub274, I was the one who came up with the idea of incorporating the big amateur events like Mammoth and Loretta Lynn's and Ponca into a series and the vast majority of WMX girls I spoke to and exchanged emails with did not want to go that route as part of a series... We can't go back to two-day programs, and the girls did not want to race on Sundays either, which is all understandable.

But we are expanding the live TV package for the 450 and 250 classes and that severely limits the amount of time in the day for a quality set of motos at the other rounds for WMX, let alone all of the time needed for track maintenance, sighting laps, podiums, moving equipment and people around, etc.

I searched for better ideas, offered some of my own, looked for sponsors and I came up short. If you have a better idea, please let me know: DC@mxsports.com

DC
MX Sports

I think they were all holding on to the fact that the series would be more than 3 rounds . I bet if you asked now they would be more than happy to add some other big time amateur venues to make a series that allows them to show their sponsors they can be worthy of some support . If you think the talent level was short before it will get worse now . I find it hard to believe that professional women mxer's will put a bunch of focus and money into a 3 race series . Hopefully some other options will pop up for the women professionals to justify a girl even wanting or trying to become a professional .

FreshTopEnd

C100_617301428_1208215675

11/28/2012 12:28 PM

DC wrote: Sorry, adub274, I was the one who came up with the idea of incorporating the big amateur events like Mammoth and Loretta Lynn's and Ponca into a series and the vast majority of WMX girls I spoke to and exchanged emails with did not want to go that route as part of a series... We can't go back to two-day programs, and the girls did not want to race on Sundays either, which is all understandable.

DC
MX Sports

adub274 wrote: I think they were all holding on to the fact that the series would be more than 3 rounds . I bet if you asked now they would be more than happy to add some other big time amateur venues to make a series that allows them to show their sponsors they can be worthy of some support . If you think the talent level was short before it will get worse now . I find it hard to believe that professional women mxer's will put a bunch of focus and money into a 3 race series . Hopefully some other options will pop up for the women professionals to justify a girl even wanting or trying to become a professional .

I'm sure they're disappointed, but the tail doesn't wag the dog.

@ftemoto

Switch

C100_33

11/28/2012 12:36 PM

DC
MX Sports

adub274 wrote: I think they were all holding on to the fact that the series would be more than 3 rounds . I bet if you asked now they would be more than happy to add some other big time amateur venues to make a series that allows them to show their sponsors they can be worthy of some support . If you think the talent level was short before it will get worse now . I find it hard to believe that professional women mxer's will put a bunch of focus and money into a 3 race series . Hopefully some other options will pop up for the women professionals to justify a girl even wanting or trying to become a professional .

You write this as if they aren't allowed to sign up for a pro national and compete with the men? If they TRULY want to be a professional, they have options other than this 3 race series. If they don't like it here, they can also go to another country/series to race.

adub274

C100

11/28/2012 12:53 PM

What other physically demanding professional sports do women compete directly against men in ?

jbomx363

C100_me2_h70_feb_2012

11/28/2012 1:00 PM

Nail in coffin. What a shame.

Maybe Ashley knew it was headed for the crapper and was smart to retire.

Line up with the men?... yeah right.

Facts are facts and women cannot compete with the men in this sport or a lot of sports. This is why there is a need for separation. (wnba, womens tennis, womens golf (with few exceptions), womens boxing, etc. etc.)

Understandable, there probably weren't even enough sponsors to pay them to get to the races, but it was something for a few of them.

bayodome

C100_vital_avatar

11/28/2012 1:05 PM

DC
MX Sports

I like the Mammoth, LL's, etc. idea. What was the reason the WMX riders gave for not wanting to go in that direction?

With 3 National appearances plus the major Amateur events, that seems like it would have been a good compromise.

Twitter: @bayodome

Instagram: @bayodome

SunComfort

C100_image

11/28/2012 1:09 PM

adub274 wrote: What other physically demanding professional sports do women compete directly against men in ?

Exactly, all other sports, the women have their own deal.
If womens MX is so popular, then why cant they start their
own series?! Because few people are that interested in watching
chicks go fast on dirt bikes. not knock'n it, but if were sooo popular
it would be able to hold its own, but it cant, it has to ride on the back
of the men's series, which has been cut down to minimums so the
fairweather fans will come out to watch. What do you propose, taking
some more meat off the mens series, so the girls can race?!
I for one, love women, but this whole thing of having to bend over
everytime a chick has an idea, is getting old.
Why blame DC or Mxsports, for all the short comings of womens mx?

Professional at being an Amateur

Wear your ignorance like a badge of honor.

DonM

C100

11/28/2012 1:13 PM

jbomx363 wrote: Nail in coffin. What a shame.

Maybe Ashley knew it was headed for the crapper and was smart to retire.

Line up with the men?... yeah right.

Facts are facts and women cannot compete with the men in this sport or a lot of sports. This is why there is a need for separation. (wnba, womens tennis, womens golf (with few exceptions), womens boxing, etc. etc.)

Understandable, there probably weren't even enough sponsors to pay them to get to the races, but it was something for a few of them.

You bring up a good comparison, WNBA, that has been a real failure and hasn't been able to stand on it's own. Without the NBA that has bailed the WNBA out and just for comparison the WNBA season is just a handful of games (almost like a 3 race series).
And for Adub...I don't think DC or MXSports did anything but support WMX, they took it from an amateur sport and made it bigger than it could ever have been on it's own. I'm pretty sure DC didn't make a hasty decision but did what he had to do to grow the sport overall and that's what is most important.

SunComfort

C100_image

11/28/2012 1:14 PM

DC
MX Sports

bayodome wrote: I like the Mammoth, LL's, etc. idea. What was the reason the WMX riders gave for not wanting to go in that direction?

With 3 National appearances plus the major Amateur events, that seems like it would have been a good compromise.

from my experience, women dont like compromise, they like
having their way, what ever it may be.!
Just goes to show the outlook. 3 major races are better than
no races at all.! Which sounds like what is gonna happen!
This sport is hard enuff to watch these kids/guys getting hurt
i really dont care to see girls going thru the same motions.!
a chick in a cast is not flattering or sexy IMHO

Professional at being an Amateur

Wear your ignorance like a badge of honor.

Agent717

C100_dsc_0163_copy_copy

11/28/2012 1:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2012 1:14 PM

NeWskoolmxer wrote: Kitchens everywhere rejoice.

Well Played

Switch

C100_33

11/28/2012 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2012 1:22 PM

adub274 wrote: What other physically demanding professional sports do women compete directly against men in ?

Then why doesn't someone start their own seperate WMX series where they can create their own schedule, rules and collect sponsorship money? We both know the answer to this one.

MX Sports limped this series along as long as they could, and when it was time to make cuts, they did what they had to do to get the sport to a mainstream level (live TV). I don't see why they wouldn't want to hit all of the major amateur nationals, its better than not racing at all.

adub274

C100

11/28/2012 1:43 PM

I never said anything about only 3 races being held in conjuction with the MX Nationals . I understand for TV this is the best you can do until the market becomes better for Women's MX . But if you own the WMX at least give them a series . The 3 races with the MX Nationals is great how about adding 3-5 more rounds where the bigger events are already being held ? I know you said you emailed back and forth with some of the girls but there are about 100 girls that this effects . I do like the fact DC that you are open to suggestion . I also like the idea of having a few rounds at the bigger amateur events . It is better than nothing . I just think if you don't give them some kind of 8 race series all interest will be lost . I know , I know the kitchens will have a hundred more women in them . For you WMX haters they do bring money into the industry . From the bikes and equipment they buy to all the bikes and equipment every little girls dad buys .

three9zero

C100_pa310005

11/28/2012 1:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2012 1:50 PM

Women skiers and snowboarders seem to have things pretty good. The seem have great series(s) to compete in.......and get paid pretty good, especially the pretty ones.
Girls like Gretchen Blieler

and Lindsay Vonn come to mind.

Crush

C100_s1600_tumblr_muriyfrnsx1r46py4o1_1280_1381979943_1413511971

11/28/2012 2:23 PM

NeWskoolmxer wrote: Kitchens everywhere rejoice.

WOW

2015 MXGP - People seem to think RV is only good at RedBud and all the GPs are Lommel.

Cheers, Crush

Dirtysmile56

C100_patrick_scrub_1389063079

11/28/2012 2:31 PM

SunComfort wrote: Exactly, all other sports, the women have their own deal.
If womens MX is so popular, then why cant they start their
own series?! Because few people are that interested in watching
chicks go fast on dirt bikes. not knock'n it, but if were sooo popular
it would be able to hold its own, but it cant, it has to ride on the back
of the men's series, which has been cut down to minimums so the
fairweather fans will come out to watch. What do you propose, taking
some more meat off the mens series, so the girls can race?!
I for one, love women, but this whole thing of having to bend over
everytime a chick has an idea, is getting old.
Why blame DC or Mxsports, for all the short comings of womens mx?

Well said

Patrick Trowbridge

BBT_MX RACING

C100

11/28/2012 2:37 PM

AMA Road Racing and AMA Flat track racing!!!

Mr. Info

C100

11/28/2012 2:44 PM

Well since there is less racing its good for the tracks because the cost goes down right? Ticket prices go down right? Pro Payback goes up right? Does someone have this answer? Right.

FreshTopEnd

C100_617301428_1208215675

11/28/2012 2:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2012 2:55 PM

Mr. Info wrote: Well since there is less racing its good for the tracks because the cost goes down right? Ticket prices go down right? Pro Payback goes up right? Does someone have this answer? Right.

Because people buy tickets to see WMX?

Sounds like an opportunity for Glen Helen; how about you guys put that series on there. It'll be easier and less costly for everyone involved, and you'll make a ton at the gate, which is what you seem to be exclusively concerned about.

@ftemoto

lostboy819

C100_bobhannahusgp_1378419188

11/28/2012 3:01 PM

Maybe next year they can drop the last three rounds and we will be done with the WMX altogether. we can only hope.

Ed Johnson

NV825

C100_small

11/28/2012 3:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2012 3:08 PM

Mr. Info wrote: Well since there is less racing its good for the tracks because the cost goes down right? Ticket prices go down right? Pro Payback goes up right? Does someone have this answer? Right.

Because every flagger, event staff, and everyone else involved is paid on a per gate drop basis?

I do feel for the girls because I'm sure they were expecting a minimum 6 round series and did not prefer to include amateur nationals in that, but hindsight is always 20/20 and perhaps 2014 it could be worked out to be a 3 round stop and include the amateur nationals.

Motocross Illustrated

C100_mx_illustrated

11/28/2012 3:06 PM

adub274 wrote: Congratulations you have officially killed women's Mx . 3 rounds ?? What happened to incorporating Mammoth and Loretta's into the WMX Pro schedule. Do you think any Girls can even get sponsors for a 3 race series ? Get a skid plate and race endurocross or WORCS because MX doesn't want you . I know most of you don't like WMX but they do bring money into the industry . Plenty of fathers buy their daughters bikes , gear and all that goes with it so they can try to be like Ashley , Tara , JP , Balbi , Creson , Whitmore , Price , Pearson . This will take money away from the industry and encourage Fathers to get their daughters into different sports . The Loretta #'s and local #'s have been growing ever since the Women went mainstream . Now they will dwindle to nothing . It might take a couple years but they have nothing to aspire to now . Even round 3 at Southwick will be the same weekend as Mammoth so they can't experience Mammoth as a pro .

My opinion is worth nothing, but I think women motocrossers should be thankful they get any time on the main program of any major championship. Women MXers sucks big time!! Slow and boring to watch.

You should be thanking DC for what he has done until now.

www.mxlarge.com the biggest English speaking MX website in Europe

GuyB

C100_image_1408504956

Administrator

11/28/2012 3:20 PM

Geoff, you know all the right things to say to women.

Mr. Info

C100

11/28/2012 3:24 PM

FTE your right, you sure your not Davey Coombs under a different name. If not then Great Minds think alike. If your not Davey you must be real important. And FTE its not about making money anymore because ask each track the simple question who made money last year. If your Davey and using a different name you know who. Ask Hangtown, ask Colorado, ask Texas, ask Elsinore, ask them all. Wait there I go lying again I have this bad habit. Every track made their money back and more. Jim was right on the money when he discribed you. Are you sure your not a goverment offical. You can't wait for the Bullet Train and voted for higher taxes. You have no heart for the sport anymore. Women kicked out or what next kick out the kids from racing also, and maybe the Vets because they need to grow up and be adults. Its only a sport and everyone has the right to play until someone takes their ball and goes home so know one can.

haydos25

C100

11/28/2012 3:28 PM

Excluding 50% of the population is never a good idea in my mind.

I hope they can get back to a televised 6 race series at some point. These girls are getting faster and faster every year and im sure the fact that they had a clear goal to aspire to has something to do with that.

I know there is still a world championship for them to aspire to, but living in australia i know myself and alot of fellow riders see the US as the pinnacle. I still hope in the future to see Ruttledge vs Tricker vs Duncan in the WMX. If they dont get the opportunity to showcase there talents on an acceptable stage there is no way in the world any of these girls will get the support needed to be able to get better or even afford to compete in a series.

crf250pilot

C100_background_split_copy_1412379887

11/28/2012 3:30 PM

Too funny!! Thanks GuyB, I needed that laugh. I was actually looking foward to the WMX next year, Was hoping to see the girl that put it on everyone this year at Lake Elsinore battle the Americans for the title.

TNTRacingSports.com Arizona'a Off-Road headquarters

Post a Reply to: MX SPORTS

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm