MX Points/Position Calculator

Void Main
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:04pm
We were playing what if's in the DMX chat today about who had to come in what position in the 2nd moto to get a certain position. I did a quick search and didn't find one so I wrote a calculator where you can plug in names and position for each moto and it will calculate points and position. Just plug in the data and hit ENTER:

http://www.freelenny.com/mxcalc/

|
curmudgeon
7/25/2009 11:36pm
I already have one of those, it's called a brain. I don't see why people get so tied up just doing simple addition of two numbers. I am embarrassed when JW talks about having to do some "difficult math", to figure out the winners, that my kids mastered in grade one.
Void Main
7/25/2009 11:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2009 11:59pm
This is for the people without brains. Actually what they should do is add a few more columns to the livewire pages when the 2nd moto is running. They could have a column to show their 1st most finish and to show what their points and overall position would be if everyone finished in their current position. JW wouldn't have any difficult math to do that way. Heck, if they go that far they might as well throw in season points and position if the race finished in current order. That's NASCAR technology right there.

The Shop

Void Main
7/26/2009 5:21am
simple Olympic scoring would solve things
I saw the Olympic scoring mentioned in the existing AMA rulebook but I'm not sure how that works:

AMA Pro Motocross Rulebook section "3.18" paragraph "j": The overall class finish for the event will be determined by combining the total championship points earned by a rider in both motos. In the event of a tie for any position, the rider with the higher finish in the second moto will be placed above the rider with the lower finish. Riders who do not earn championship points will be scored according to their finishing position based on the Olympic scoring system.

I know it's for riders who finish worse than 20th but how exactly does the Olympic scoring system work?

Post a reply to: MX Points/Position Calculator

The Latest