MX Photographers

TGphoto
7/25/2014 1:30pm
I personally wouldn't target "part-time photographers" for this, but everyone (pro or not) does shoot a close up shot from time to time. It has its place and can be done well. For my personal "style", I like to pull back from the subject and use the background/foreground as an advantage. Just a few of my shots where I tried to "pull back" from the action.

Zracer
7/25/2014 1:33pm
I've noticed a lot of you guys, especially part-time photographers, take photos way too close to the rider. I like to see what the rider is...
I've noticed a lot of you guys, especially part-time photographers, take photos way too close to the rider. I like to see what the rider is hitting and maybe even a little rule of thirds. Do you guys prefer these up close shots?
I tend to agree, They leave little context. Also most are shot from the same height making for little variety. I think the big ole close up is to just show off a 200mm lense lol.
7/25/2014 2:26pm
Awesome pics TG. That one of Roczen would be extra bad ass if the powerlines were photoshopped out. Good work brother.
VicDaMoan03
7/25/2014 2:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2014 2:44pm
Completely agree! Come on photographers lets see some of the background and track. The shots above are awesome.

The Shop

7/25/2014 2:55pm
TGphoto wrote:
I personally wouldn't target "part-time photographers" for this, but everyone (pro or not) does shoot a close up shot from time to time. It has its...
I personally wouldn't target "part-time photographers" for this, but everyone (pro or not) does shoot a close up shot from time to time. It has its place and can be done well. For my personal "style", I like to pull back from the subject and use the background/foreground as an advantage. Just a few of my shots where I tried to "pull back" from the action.

Start take notes guys, this ones got his shit together.
JW381
7/25/2014 3:03pm
TGphoto wrote:
I personally wouldn't target "part-time photographers" for this, but everyone (pro or not) does shoot a close up shot from time to time. It has its...

Start take notes guys, this ones got his shit together.
I am by no means even an amateur photographer, but I do occasionally borrow a friend's camera and shoot a few shots at the track, and this is always the goal I have in mind. Background/foreground really makes the picture come to life. If I ever got serious about it, I'd want my shots to look half as good as these.
TGphoto
7/25/2014 4:04pm
Thanks for the comments, fellas! Much appreciated. Close up shots have their place too. Especially when you can see the riders eyes or reaction on their face.

Post a reply to: MX Photographers

The Latest