MOTOTOWN Riding this weekend!

pitbike502
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 10:40am
here are some pics from mototown this weekend! what a good time to be had in the middle of winter : )

|
RMZ290
2/9/2009 5:51pm
I thought I heard they were moving it to another location with less overhead?
catatonic
2/9/2009 5:56pm
RMZ290 wrote:
I thought I heard they were moving it to another location with less overhead?
That could be true.......only thing I heard was they were closing their doors for good in April but that could just mean the present location.
I hope the new location if there is one still has a good amount of track space, thats what made the location now so good.
I used to go once or twice a week the first couple winters they were open and it was great but you could tell they had to be struggling with what that place must cost to operate.
pitbike502
2/9/2009 6:00pm
on a good note, my buddy and i had talked to a couple of the head guys over there, and they said it was not a done deal yet. in fact they are breaking ground on a new facility in bellingham, ma shortly. 2 guys there from worcester had heard the same thing and heard that the plans had just been approved by the town board. so i guess its not totally over yet

The Shop

catatonic
2/9/2009 6:02pm
pitbike502 wrote:
on a good note, my buddy and i had talked to a couple of the head guys over there, and they said it was not a...
on a good note, my buddy and i had talked to a couple of the head guys over there, and they said it was not a done deal yet. in fact they are breaking ground on a new facility in bellingham, ma shortly. 2 guys there from worcester had heard the same thing and heard that the plans had just been approved by the town board. so i guess its not totally over yet
Nice.....wonder if Bellingham is closer than CT for us NY guys.
RMZ290
2/9/2009 6:35pm
The problem is almost all the moto guys I know just put screws in there tires and ride all winter or own snowmobiles. Winter riding around here on a bike is awesome.

They need to have an outdoor track on the property to survive in the summer, no one wants to ride inside when its nice out.
catatonic
2/9/2009 7:11pm
RMZ290 wrote:
The problem is almost all the moto guys I know just put screws in there tires and ride all winter or own snowmobiles. Winter riding around...
The problem is almost all the moto guys I know just put screws in there tires and ride all winter or own snowmobiles. Winter riding around here on a bike is awesome.

They need to have an outdoor track on the property to survive in the summer, no one wants to ride inside when its nice out.
exactly......I guess that was the original plan at mototown but from what I understand the town shut that idea down.
jndmx
2/9/2009 7:16pm
pitbike502 wrote:
on a good note, my buddy and i had talked to a couple of the head guys over there, and they said it was not a...
catatonic wrote:
Nice.....wonder if Bellingham is closer than CT for us NY guys.
Nope.
Bellingham is past CT if you are coming from NY, closer to RI than CT.

So far the word is good on that place opening.

We are kind of bummed about MT closing as that was pretty close to us.
mattbmx63
2/9/2009 9:38pm
anywhere to get info on the place in bellingham?
jndmx
2/10/2009 6:00am
mattbmx63 wrote:
anywhere to get info on the place in bellingham?
The last news I heard was as of 12/10/08 they had the land cleared.
This story about the Zoning approval was in the Milford MA Daily News in Oct 08.

BELLINGHAM — The Planning Board last night approved proposals to build an athletic complex and motocross arena on Maple Street.

LIG Development Co. of Westwood will build an indoor/outdoor sports facility named BCL Premier Sports, which includes two indoor soccer fields, three indoor basketball courts and six outdoor soccer fields.
The board finalized mitigation plans last night before unanimously voting in favor of the project.
"It's a good project," member Brian Sutherland said.

As part of its mitigation plan, LIG agreed to donate 11.7 acres near the site to the town, pay $30,000 for electronic message boards, contribute $80,000 toward repaving Maple Street and give $10,000 a year for 12 years toward other ways to ease traffic.

Board members and residents have welcomed the project since it was first presented in January.
"The community is excited, a lot of people have a lot of interest in the job," Stonehedge Road resident Steve Kohler said last night.

LIG Development plans to notify neighbors in advance of large tournament events and abide by noise and light restrictions agreed upon with the Planning Board.
"We're interested in being good neighbors and being part of the community," said Ted Doyle, LIG director of marketing and business development.

Sutherland responded: "We're grateful when applicants work with the board, it's a win-win situation."

LIG Development will build on the 144-acre site purchased for $10.8 million from computer-storage giant EMC. In order to build the complex, the company obtained three special permits for building height, light and glare and outdoor recreation use.

The board also voted in favor of welcoming a 69,000-square-foot motocross arena on Maple Street.
MX 365 Motocross Arena, developed by R.J. Cobb Land Clearing, will be built on a 4.6-acre parcel at 169 Maple St.

Developers said the soundproof building will be open 24/7, but riders will not be allowed to load or unload their bikes between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.

MX 365 will allow 20 bikes on the track at once and encourage riders to store their bikes at the facility.

The sound of motorcycles will be "inaudible" at the nearest home, engineers said.

Strict rules were also presented to the board last night, including "zero tolerance" for alcohol, drugs, tobacco and littering.
All riders must obtain a membership and gain access through a card swiping system.
The developer will offer $15,000 for traffic mitigation, they said last night.

The board voted in favor of both plans and will draw up draft decisions to be formally signed at its next meeting on Nov. 13.

Post a reply to: MOTOTOWN Riding this weekend!

The Latest