MNS Monday Night Supercross

KMC440
Edited Date/Time 4/16/2012 9:03pm
If this sport wants to take the next leap .... and I do mean all puns intended. This is where the sport should go.

Make it happen soon or Neckcar is going to steal it away.

With a different format.

3 20 rider heats, 6 each to the main and 6 from an LCQ... 24 rider mains ... with 2 past champion provisionals.. 28 rider max.

Heats are 6 laps and a 3 lap LCQ .... mains are...

SX Class 8 laps then a 3min competition red then a 15 lap finish.

Lites same as above but cut the laps by 2 on each end 6 then 13.

Sorry not much time for some Freestyle show, but there would be time to run a 3 lap peewee class. (KTM 50's anyone)

And dont give me any "we wouldn't make it we have to work" bullshit.

You'd go and the world will watch....... muhahahahahahah .......
|
mx836
4/16/2012 6:13pm
Monday sounds good to me. That way I can enjoy all Saturday night has to offer without missing the race!!
mx757
4/16/2012 6:24pm
You have a good idea there, but there are some huge flaws:
1) When I go to a supercross, i turn it into an all day thing. I get there at or before noon to watch practice, cruise the pits, and check things out from different spots in the stadium. People have to work. they cant show up at noon if they are working, going to school ETC.
2) After the supercross, I like to hang out with buddies, drinking some beersand chilling at the local watering hole bench racing. I dont think youre gonna see that being possible on a week night.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/16/2012 6:27pm
While you're at it, throw in world peace, and cotton candy for everyone.

The Shop

KAWboy14
4/16/2012 7:14pm
GuyB wrote:
mmmmmm cotton candy!
GHR
4/16/2012 7:33pm
mx757 wrote:
You have a good idea there, but there are some huge flaws: 1) When I go to a supercross, i turn it into an all day...
You have a good idea there, but there are some huge flaws:
1) When I go to a supercross, i turn it into an all day thing. I get there at or before noon to watch practice, cruise the pits, and check things out from different spots in the stadium. People have to work. they cant show up at noon if they are working, going to school ETC.
2) After the supercross, I like to hang out with buddies, drinking some beersand chilling at the local watering hole bench racing. I dont think youre gonna see that being possible on a week night.
true

maybe make SX a two day event with Saturdays being a full day like you say and monday night being a TV deal to show the finals format of some kind.
4/16/2012 7:49pm
While we're on the topic of changing things...

why in the hell is the finish line ALWAYS a double or triple? Why not put it at the end of a whoop section or at the end of a tricky rhythm section. Even the middle of the start straight could be good if done right. Why always a "style" jump. Guys barely give it any style over the finish line nowadays anyway.

Imagine San Diego having the finish be at the whoops or Houston having it at the end of the rhythm before the start straight.
4/16/2012 8:22pm
While we're on the topic of changing things... why in the hell is the finish line ALWAYS a double or triple? Why not put it at...
While we're on the topic of changing things...

why in the hell is the finish line ALWAYS a double or triple? Why not put it at the end of a whoop section or at the end of a tricky rhythm section. Even the middle of the start straight could be good if done right. Why always a "style" jump. Guys barely give it any style over the finish line nowadays anyway.

Imagine San Diego having the finish be at the whoops or Houston having it at the end of the rhythm before the start straight.
That could make for some exciting finishes! I like the idea!
hothands
4/16/2012 8:54pm
If Supercross was on Monday night then when would I watch the new Top Gear episodes?
Sherwood
4/16/2012 9:02pm
GuyB wrote:
Meta World Peace?

4/16/2012 9:03pm
GuyB wrote:
You forgot ponies!

Post a reply to: MNS Monday Night Supercross

The Latest